Breast Augmentation and Nipple Reduction - Dr. Prada - Saint Louis, MO

I have wanted great boobs since puberty failed me...

I have wanted great boobs since puberty failed me at 16! I'm finally going for it! When I had my consultation though, my PS said that my areolas were large and that I would look more youthful if he reduced their size along with my augmentation. I never really considered that my areolas were too big! My nipples, yes, I know they need to go, but my areolas too?!! Anyway, I was wanting an under the breast incision because I think the circumareola scars are ugly. Now I don't know what to do. I know that implants will stretch my skin, but is it worth the scar? I am definitely having the nipple reduction done, but I'm so undecided about the areolas. Thoughts?

Wish Boobs

So it was suggested that I include my "wish boobs" in my review. Not only is this a great idea to show the accuracy of my surgeon, but it's a great way to fill time as I wait for my pre-op appointment! (I know a PS cannot give every person exactly what they want, no matter how talented they are. Many factors go into the outcome of a BA, but just for fun, lets see how close I can get!) I love these boobs because they have a great shape to them, and they are not too big, not too small, and they just fit her frame perfectly in my opinion. I would love to have an outcome similar to hers

Pre-op Visit in less than a week!

I'm getting very excited to discuss my concerns about the areola incision with my PS. I don't want to be that annoying patient who requires extra time and attention over what may be seen as a small detail in the surgical process, but I figure these are scars I will have to look at for the rest of my life... right? Any thoughts on what I should bring with me? (Besides my credit card, haha)

SO indecisive!

So I've just spent the past hour looking at different scar photos - inframammary vs periareolar - and now I've done a total 180! Did you know that it's normal and expected for the inframammary scar to migrate up the breast mound as the implant settles in?! So it is not uncommon to have a big ugly scar across the bottom of your breast! Also, even if you are lucky enough to end up with the scar staying in the fold, that means you are very likely to be uncomfortable when wearing a bra because the bra is pressing and rubbing on your scar. I think I should trust my surgeon!

Pre-Op Complete!

I had a great pre-op visit today! I talked to my PS about my concerns and we agreed to do a periareolar incision and nipple reduction. (NOT an areola reduction). I will have a scar that runs along the bottom side of the areola. I think this is the best option for me. Whew! Decisions are hard work!

Getting Scared...

So, my surgery is exactly one week from today. I stayed awake for hours last night worrying about what could go wrong during my procedure. I might never wake up! What if I die on the OR table? Is it worth risking my life for a great set of tits? Well, after hours of considering all of the possible adverse reactions my body could have from the anesthesia, I have decided, YES! Hah!. The chances of dying on the table are so small, it's not even really worth getting upset about. Plus, if I die, I will die feeling really good. REALLY good! I'm kind of a control freak, and I don't like putting my life in the hands of someone else. That's a lot to hand over to a total stranger. So, yeah, getting a little nervous....

Tomorrow is the BIG day!!!!

So, I'm not scared anymore, just really excited. I hope I sleep tonight! I decided to take some before and after pics in my "St. Louis Cosmetic Surgery" tee shirt :)

ouch!

I am in so much pain! I was hoping to be one of the lucky ones who felt great post op, but I'm not :( All I can say is thank God for the oxycodone and valium, they at least take the edge off!

My Pain Pump, Ace Wrap and GIANT Belly!!!

Thought I would include the bloated, ace wrapped reality that is my life at the moment for those of you who are still awaiting your surgery day. My suggestion would be to take colace (a stool softener) a day or two before your surgery, that way you are less likely to get backed up. Narcotics are known for making you extremely constipated :(

Ace wrap is off, pump is out!

That ace wrap was so uncomfortable! I'm very very happy to be able to take it off. Here is a sneak peak of what's under the gauze and surgical bra that I need to wear for the next two weeks. (sorry about the blood for those of you with weak stomaches!) Also, I am still bloated :( I'm working on it though!

Feeling Better Every Day!!!

I'm off all my pain meds, my course of antibiotics is complete, now I just need to finish up my time with this torturous surgical bra and compression strap. I appreciate the support and all, but it feels like I have an elephant sitting on my chest. I'm not really complaining though, it's totally worth it!!! Dr. Prada did a great job and I couldn't be happier!

7 Days Post-Op

I had my 1 week post-op visit with Dr. Prada! He removed the tegaderm film, cleaned up my incisions and added some steri-strips. He said I can stop wearing my compression strap because the implants are settling in nicely. That was a relief!!! That thing was killing me! I am so happy with my results that I told Dr. Prada that I thought he was a genius and that I would recommend all my friends to him, which I will. This was the best decision, I'm so happy! Shopping has never been so fun :)

Feeling sickly :(

So, while the girls are healing nicely and I'm close to pain-free at this point, I am still having other symptoms that I wasn't expecting. I get these raging headaches everyday, I feel tired and dizzy throughout the day, and have horrible waves of nausea. I'm not sure if this is part of the normal healing process. Does anyone know anything about this?

3 weeks post op!

I hit my three week mark today. I am still pretty sore actually! It still hurts to turn the wheel when I'm driving, to open heavy doors, etc. Oh well, totally worth it! I still have a bruise on my left breast too. Again, totally worth it. I need to go bikini shopping because the triangle top I had from the beginning of the summer is waaaay too small now :) So, triangle top picture will be soon to follow. I have my next Doc appt on Tuesday. I think I get to finally take off the steri strips! I can't wait to see my nipples. I hope they look like real nipples and not franken-nipples!!! Also, I had a nightmare the other night that my implants dropped and were all saggy and gross. Glad that didn't really happen!

Nipple reveal :)

So here are my new nipples! I think they turned out very well considering what I started with. My Dr was right, the areolae are too large!!! Damn! I guess I'll just have to go back and have him make them smaller after a year or so. I want to totally heal up first. Overall, I think they turned out better than I was expecting, so I'm very pleased with my results. No franken-nips here!

Nipples healing quickly!!!

I'm so happy with the minimal scars that I have! I can see improvement every day.

Almost 2 months out

I can't believe how fast 2 months has flown by. These boobs feel 100% mine now. I can't even remember what it was like to not have them. I

Almost 1 year post op!

Just thought I'd update the healing process one year post-op. The nipples turned out great, way better than I thought they would look the day I took the surgical tape off. I cried that day! I thought my nipples would look freakish for life, but I was wrong, thankfully! The implants have settled in and even dropped a bit. Eventually I will get the crescent lift Dr Prada suggested and maybe even go a little bigger. People say the biggest regret is not going big enough. I like the size I chose though. I think it fits my frame perfectly. One day, ten or 15 years from now, I will get a lift, go a little bigger and Poof! Instant full boobs again! For now, I couldn't be happier with my results.
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Prada listened to what I wanted and was easy to work with. He clearly has a passion for what he does, and his work reflects that. I couldn't be happier with my results!