Chin Implant ** Crooked Smile **

I had read reviews on realself and that is what...

I had read reviews on realself and that is what made me want to post my story.

I was disatisfied with my profile and had a chin implant placed with incision underneath my chin on March 14th. I am currently 6 days post-op. I love the results so far with my profile even though it is still swollen but have developed a complication. I had read several reviews where the chin implant made smiles crooked due to nerve injury so when I noticed this about me I didnt freak out but it really has me worried still. My lip is higher on the right when I smile and it makes it hard to talk or eat. I will post a picture. Initially after surgery my left lip was higher but I apparently bit my lip when I was under anesthesia. I want to keep everyone updated on my progress so others out there experiencing this will also (hopefully) get some comfort from my story. I have had lots of tingling and sensation in my chin and lip but it is mostly numb on the right side of my lip and chin. Has this happened to anyone else? How long did it take you to recover?

I had a chin implant (mesh inserted through mouth) on March 2, 2011. I have NOT regained my smile, yet at 6 weeks post-op. It is getting some better, but very tight. My bottom teeth not showing yet. I am so worried about my smile. I will post again next week--hopefully smile will get better daily.
I had a chin implant and lots of lipo underneath my chin, up my jowels and up to my earlobes. THey also lipod behind my Adam's apple and I can breathe and swallow better. i also have lots of timgling and can't control my mouth and smile. it is coming back tho and I think lots of my stuff has to do with swelling. I like my profile already but I am very swollen and I had this of March 27th. My neck keeps filling up with blood tho and I have had to have it drained twice even tho i had a drain in after surgury. has anyone had the blood pooling in the neck?
So I had my chin (and nose !) done wednesday. My doc didn't hit any nerves so my smile isn't crooked and in fact the only discomfort I'm currently feeling is while chewing (very slight discomfort though). I asked my doc if it was common to experience a crooked smile, he said it wasn't....

Anyway, I'm very happy with the result, I think I'll might post some pics lateron. Good healing to you, I'm sure your sensation in your lips will come back.

By 4 weeks my smile is completely back to normal....

By 4 weeks my smile is completely back to normal. My numbness is almost completely gone. Good luck to everyone having this surgery

what type of implant did you choose or did your doctor use?
You look amazing!!! How long did it take for your smile to return to normal?
I posted it took 4 weeks. I feel like this is one of the best decisions I have ever made.