Implant/Explant/Implant - St. Louis

I was a 28AA at age 30...so I opted for implants....

I was a 28AA at age 30...so I opted for implants. Went 225's to be a 34B, silicone, under the muscle. I have had them for 22 yrs. The first month I was depressed, I was so sad tht I did it. But once I was healed. I was SO happy. I didnt go huge because I just wanted to look proportioned. I did, and have been happy ever since.

Last month I had my yearly mammogram and the results showed a ruptured implant. The report went on to say that the implant has clearly be ruptured since 2006. I dont know why someone didnt catch it sooner but I have to say, I havent suffered any reactions or side effects one way or the other with the leakage of the silicone.

I went back the same dr that performed my augmentation. He is going to explant, clean up and put in 285's. I am scheduled for surgery on 12/13/10.

I would never recomend implants to anyone. I am not old or a prude. I am a big girl wanted to be a lttle more proportional. Got textured silicone implants jan 2010. I have been so sick this year it has nearly destroyed my life. I have had several tests done and they say nothing is wrong with me. After doing my own research leads me to believe it is my implants. Having them removed next week. Which this will be my third surgery. Remeber these are not lifetime devices. If someone would have warned me it would have saved me baout 20 grand. Lol. Lesson learned. I am going back to have a breast lift and my initial tt fixed so I am not anti plastic sugery. I have several friends that have never had any problems but just do a little research and inform yourself.
Hair loss
Blurred vision
Dizzy
Nausea
Extreme confusion
Extreme chemical sensitivity
Face was going numb
And more
Lol Thanks! A part of me feels like "why am I doing this" now! I waited so long to do this, i wanted my daughter(my youngest) to be in school full time and now I have them all in school so i think it's a good time to focus on myself for once but i feel guilty.Like what if something happens to me... I am gonna do it because like you said, when I'm healed i know It will all be worth it. I HOPE! Thanks again!
Your welcome! If you have a great dr, there isnt anything to worry about. Remember tho, you have to allow yourself time to heal. I went thru a period the first time when I felt like "why did I do this"...but when your healed and you can dress the way youve always dreamed of. And you look in the mirror and feel good about what you see. It is worth it. If you get that bad feeling the first week or two...just tell yourself "in one month I am going to be SMOKIN"!!! :) Best wishes to you!
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Dr spent time w/me during the consultation and was very imformative. He was the same at the after care follow up. I didnt have email 22 yrs ago so I only recieved a phone call. Now I will have him do the surgery again. His associate was SO helpful..she called the manufacture and they are now paying for the ruptured implant. Because Dr H did the original surgery, he will not charge me to explant and clean up the pocket.