Implant/Explant/Implant - St. Louis

I was a 28AA at age 30...so I opted for implants....

I was a 28AA at age 30...so I opted for implants. Went 225's to be a 34B, silicone, under the muscle. I have had them for 22 yrs. The first month I was depressed, I was so sad tht I did it. But once I was healed. I was SO happy. I didnt go huge because I just wanted to look proportioned. I did, and have been happy ever since.

Last month I had my yearly mammogram and the results showed a ruptured implant. The report went on to say that the implant has clearly be ruptured since 2006. I dont know why someone didnt catch it sooner but I have to say, I havent suffered any reactions or side effects one way or the other with the leakage of the silicone.

I went back the same dr that performed my augmentation. He is going to explant, clean up and put in 285's. I am scheduled for surgery on 12/13/10.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Dr spent time w/me during the consultation and was very imformative. He was the same at the after care follow up. I didnt have email 22 yrs ago so I only recieved a phone call. Now I will have him do the surgery again. His associate was SO helpful..she called the manufacture and they are now paying for the ruptured implant. Because Dr H did the original surgery, he will not charge me to explant and clean up the pocket.