Very Nervous Advice Please - Springfield, MO

I am going in july 18 for my consultation.im a 34...

I am going in july 18 for my consultation.im a 34 a barely. i was to go to a full b cup since i am so thin i do not want to look unnatural..i am very scared to get them done vecause id gate for something to go wrong and have to get them out spend extra money plus have worse boobs than before or be scarred..not sure what to do!!

not sure

Not sure anymore reading stories of ppl who have got sick from implants is that worth the risk ???

I am worrying more than anything i get my money next month on the fifth will schedulecsurgery if ready for the following week.my queations i look at are how do iknow a? what if god punishes me for all
The bad ive done and i dont wake up or w.e i have many thought and what about complications woth my implants ive heard tgere r many.what abour reoperations and getting cut open again. is tht worth the risks i question a lot? Anyone have u had tgem n had issues? also i thinka lot like sure im insecure about my boobs if i get them then i will b obsessng over somethinh else.idk what to do tho id love boobs i wonder if i will regret
best advice i could give is go with what you feel comfortable with.... some (not all) surgeons feel they will do whatever they want regardless of the size you agree on (this was in my case with my original surgery (too big and they bottomed out and stretched my A cups.... my 2nd surgeon (different one) i had to get a "small lift" he was insistent that he may not be able to get me below a D cup (I was a DD witht he 550/600cc implants) I assured him there was NO WAY my own tissue is a D cup, esp if he did a lift, and i wanted a 400cc mod plus, I was adamant and he wanted me to be sure and I was... when i came out of anesthesia first thing i asked was what size did he use and I was told 300/340... WHAT?? ughhh i was SOO pissed, and i still am.... you can't even tell i have an implant in, they are not round or projection is not great, although one of my implants is still setting up high. I am 3 months post op from my lift and revision implants....
I agree with the community- if this is what you want to do - you have to weigh the pros and the cons. Getting plastic surgery when done with a skilled surgeon who is ethical is relatively low risk - it is the anesthesia that is the risk more than getting the surgery itself. You are tiny! I agree you shouldn't go huge - what are you thinking? 250 - 350 ish? This range should give you the look you desire. Do your research and go on consultations until you find a doctor you feel good about trusting with doing surgery on you. Don't worry so much that you can't enjoy the journey that you are on =-)
As with all surgery's there are risks, but with medicine these days they are very low. Do your research and make sure your happy with your surgeon if you decide to go ahead, I'm sure you will be perfectly fine! It's normal to worry about what can go wrong, I've banned myself from any websites that contain negative info on breast implants. It's smart to be aware of what could go wrong, but obsessing over it will just scare you like it did me! The best person to talk to about any complications is your surgeon. Also, I always thought I wanted to go from a small B to a C, but when I chose the picture I like of me on the 3D imaging without knowing the cup size I ended up going for a D - DD! Don't get to hung up on cup size, just go with what looks good on your body. Good luck, keep us posted! :)
Need second opinion thinking about backing out.reading about how ppl have issues with tgem like sharp psin in chest fungi growing on implants.idk wht to do. id hate to get them and get sick lots of ppl gave
There are risks. It's something only you can decide on if you are willing to take. I think you greatly limit your risks by choosing a board certified plastic surgeon who has been doing this for a long time & whose work is consistently good. Do not have surgery from someone who is not board certified in plastic surgery. That is my advice.
I agree 100% deafsushi! Great advice. =-)

Glad to see you are getting some great community feedback! Here are some questions to ask your PS during your consult. Be sure to show your PS photos of your wish breasts from other thin women to give your PS a better idea of what look you are seeking. Thank you for starting your journey on RealSelf!

My consult is july 18th at 2:45! :) super excited!
good luck with your consult let us know how it goes!!!
Thank u girls!!!good luck u let ne know how it goes.also why does tissue grow inside saline? i heard mold can also? is this true.also i was thinking smaller implant also.wud a full B cup be to big u girls think? i am so thin id hate to have my implants drop also i dont think im even a full a cup. sad face : (
Hi there - My plastic surgeon was the one who told me about the tissue thing. Since saline implants are put in bag first and then filled once the are in (think deflated beach ball going in, then once in a tube fills the fill valve to inflate), there is a slight chance that your tissue can grow around that fill valve. I was super into the thought of saline, but my PS says he rarely does them anymore since the new silicone is a much better product with such a significantly lower rate of problems. I went with a 371 silicone mod profile just 10 days ago and I am feeling I went too big, but my husband says I need to relax it has only been 1 week. I had wide breasts that were nice but not full due to kids and since I am quite tall I wanted better proportion. You are tiny (lucky) so I would go with a size that will look natural and you won't be unhappy hopefully your surgeon is helping with this. Good luck...I think the before anxiety and the anxiety while healing is the biggest part, the surgery is no big deal in my opinion!
i think what she is referring to is the fill valve on the outer shell of the implant. Once they are put in, a "capsule" forms around the implants, that is why it is important to do the massages when instructed it keeps the implants soft and can help prevent a casular contracture, i've never read anything about tissue growing in the valve. It's sealed, just like the valve on the silicone (yes, they have fill valves as well), sounds like your dr. just prefers to push the silicone...
Yep you are right except for the part of the fill valve in the saline implants but the silicone implants (at least the ones I had) do not have a fill valve, they are pre-filled in the manufacturing process. My PS did not push either way it was totally my choice, but if anything were to go wrong I indeed would rather have a saline leak!
yes the silicone are filled by the manufacturer, but they still have a "valve", either way once they are closed they are not able to be opened, and they are flush with the shell of the implant, i've had mine done twice in the last 2 years, i've seen more implants than i EVER care to see again. I was curious what you meant by tissue could grow into the implant....
Hi again sounds like you have been through so much I hope it is getting sorted out! So my understanding is with saline the tubes that go into the implant cause the valve to be external and yes never re-opened, but there are slight ridges around the valve that the tissue can grow around, but not into the implant itself. The silicone from my understanding do not have a valve, so now I have questions for my PS after your comments! Thanks for posting your comments, I wish I had been on this site before my surgery!
this is a very good, message board type site i've been on for couple years, there is alot of info on the implants, silicone vs. saline, advantages /disadvantages and everything in between.... but for the record, the silicone implants are pre-filled, they do have a fill valve, they are not molds, they are injected, although i'm sure the valve is more flush to the implant than saline, i've just never heard of anyone having tissue grow into it, there really is not much room, and once the capsule forms around the implant, your actual breast tissue is not in direct contact.
i would recommend to try the rice test. You can search it on here, but basically, use baggies and fill them with rice and put them in your shirt/bra to see what size / volume you would be comfortable with. I am not as thin as you, and would have had a good C cup with 400 cc mod. profile, i had it all figured out for myself, but let the dr. convince me that i "needed" at least 500 cc and high profile... high profile would be for someone of your build who is thin, so months after i bottomed out for various reasons, some were surgical, the pockets were way too big, they came out from under the muscle and just drooped! I wound up 2 years later having a lift and smaller implants put in. I don't know your measurements, but I would say a small implant sounds like what you are looking for, would be anything 250-300 cc... but do the rice test, not sure how many cc's=cup of rice but there are many posts on it.
hey DD i am with you on your statement.... the first PS i went to wanted to put 616cc implant in me and as you can tell from any of my before pictures that i already had some boob, not much but some, and a huge implant would have made me droop and god knows what else. so the second PS that i went to, who i eneded up going with in the end, gave me half the size implant 304/339 and told me if i wanted to go with a lift down the road i could but didnt HAVE to. if i got a bigger implant i would have had the same thing happen that happened to you. you should share your story if you havent already it will def help out other girls that think they should go huge and dont know what could happen... im glad you were able to correct the problem and things are ok now : )
that is about the size implants i have now, after having to have a lift because i went from a post-op C, to a D, then DD. My redo surgery was about 2 months ago, my implants are still a little high, but i CLEARLY told him i wanted 375-400 mod. plus, based on my measurements and again, what i originally wanted... but he INSISTED I would be at least a C cup after the lift alone (no... i was a small B at best...) Anyway, once again, he used what HE thought was "best for me" and put in 300/340 mod. profile... as far as size, they are ok, but the shape is leaving much to be desired, ughhh i mean before surgery he agreed it would be a good size (around 375), I'm so f'ing pissed, but i am not dropping another dime on these things.. sorry. As for original poster.... bring lots of pics of the "look" and size you are hoping to acheive, and ask to try on the different implant sizes

Here is a quick video on how to make your own rice sizers at home! Let us know how it goes!

god i can imagine how pissed you must be! id be pissed too. i would threaten him and tell him you want him to put in bigger implants at his expense. couldnt hurt right? i wish i could have afforded the lift too, they usually can only help. but i couldnt afford both and my PS said wait until afterwards to see if i really needed one. and there are more procedures that i want so id rather drop the cash on them. im happy that you are feeling better although i can imagine that you still feel a bit down about the final result of the redo. im sure you look amazing though : )
between both surgeries (and some lipo) i've dropped $25k grand, now with the new ones the left one still is a bit high, i'm hoping it drops a bit more, that both do for that matter, my "pecs" are looking pretty big. It's been almost 3 months, I have not said much about the size because i'm trying to remain optimistic, i'm still healing alot inside since i also had a lift, so i don't have my "final result".... i hope, cause if so someone's gonna need to go in and open this pocket
well i hope you eventually get the look you want. and stay positive it helps! keep me posted on how things go : )