40H Breast Reduction Soon - Springfield, MO

I have always had really large breast. Most of my...

I have always had really large breast. Most of my family does. I am doing this for me. I am doing this because I want my neck and back to feel less pain and stress, because I want to feel less self conscious about my breasts. I am doing this to be able to be more active without pain or discomfort . I am doing this to hopefully fit into clothing better. Also It would be really nice to be able to buy a bra without ARMOR in it. I would like to be able to buy a nice pretty bra for $15-25.00. Right now I spend $46-70.00 per bra. It never seems to matter how big or small I am I always have huge boobies. Even when my rib size was 36 inches I wore a size "F-G" . I am activley loosing weight before the surgery which is not easy by any means but I am doing it. I would like to loose 15-20 more pounds before my surgery. Easier said than done but well worth the effort. I have all summer off work so I plan on relaxing and recovering.

Just found out my Plastic surgen is planning on...

Just found out my Plastic surgen is planning on removing 700mg from one side and 800 from the other. If I am a "H" now I wonder what cup size I will be after.

I mean grams....lol.. I would like for my ending...

I mean grams....lol.. I would like for my ending breast size to be a full "D" to a "DD" . I wonder if 700 and 800 will be enough removed to accomplish that.
Thanks, Iowa71.

I am very nervouse right now. I have a BILLION questions running threw my head. I am very concerned about winding up with boobs either to big still or to small. I really think for my size a D or DD would be a good fit. I really would HATE to be a DDD. I am also concerned about anesthesia. I have never been out for 5 hours before. My only other surgery was gal bladder removal, and I can't remember how I was put out. "Twilight " I think. My biggest concern is waking up...lol..

I am busty and I guess I would rather be a little busty than too small. I am just sooo nervouse.
Those anxieties are pretty normal. I was worried about being too small too, but now that I've had it done, I realize I wish I was smaller! However I am happy that I have had it done! Any questions you have feel free to ask. There would have to be someone on here who would have an answer. This site is awesome for that!
Iowa71, Thanks so much. I am taking that you were an "H" and after 500 removed A "DD" as a good sighn for me. I am having 700 (L side) 800(R side) removed. Planned size is "D-DD". I really hope that based on your 500 removal I might be reduced to the size I want. Of course this is only a guess. How come more people do not disclose who thier were / are ?

My surgery is nearly six weeks away. I can't...

My surgery is nearly six weeks away. I can't believe I am actually doing this for myself. I have wanted and dreamed of this for years. There are soooo many memories that revolve around my being so busty. I sort of feel like I am shedding a major part of what made me who I am.

It is sort of sad.... SORT OF. I am removing the part of me (My breasts) that got me picked on by other girls in fith grade. The part of me I tried to bind in 7th grade after reading that some forigne countries use binding to prevent growth. The part of me I cried over at 17 because I could only find ONE prom dress in the whole town to fit my bust and my then small waist into. The part of me that first drew my wonderful husbands attention for the first time 14 years ago ( still going strong ) and the part of me that fed my two wonderful babies. It is sad .... sort of to say good bye to that part of me.

But I am so ready for the next new improved part of me. I can't wait to wear things I never felt comfortable in ! Like a swinsuit with no bra on underneath it ! I can not even emagin how wonderful that will be. Or how about a v-neck top that I am not accidently spilling out of :O) Or what about a blouse ... with buttons. lost of tiny buttons. Or better yet, reliefe of tired ackey muscles all over my upper body all the time and the thought of being able to sit up straigh. Whoow.. cyber sister watch out.

Reading all these posts about how wonderful everyone is doing post-op and how much reliefe they feel is inspiring. I can't wait to be on the flip side. I want to thank everyone for being so honest and brave and posting all the their pics and expieriences to help others. I really appreciate it. It is really helping me keep focused on the end result.

When I start freeking out about the bad things that could go wrong I get on here and chec out what other are going threw, and for some reason knowing I am not the only one having a freekout moment or a fifty questions is very helpful.

I went "window" bra shopping again ! can't wait. My PS told me not to do any shopping for bras or tops till about 3 months post op. :O( That is soooo far away. I am going to do my best. How long does it really take before I can wera a underwire bra ? How long before I can really know what size the new girls will be. I have the entire summer off work to sit back relax and recover. I am so excited!

Is it just me or does anybody else feel like...

Is it just me or does anybody else feel like hugging thier kids without a bra on is damaging to thier psychological well being. ...lol... I can't wait to feel comfortable enough to wrap my arms around people again. :O)

LOL...I've been worried that my kids may be emotionally scarred by some things they have seen! Though I always wore a bra before my surgery and sometimes I will slip it off now, especially after a workout. In fact my youngest son told me the other day if I didn't have to wear a bra anymore he was going to stop wearing underwear! So I guess I will try to keep the girls harnessed!
Sale ! sale ! sale ! Yes I do love a good sale!

Zing, you did such a great job of describing the conflicting emotions we have toward our breasts. It is hard to describe how you can absolutely detest them, but still be afraid of who you will be without them.

Having the whole summer off will be such a huge benefit to you! You will have no rush to get back to work. You can just take your time and relax and heal at your body's pace!

I was wearing an underwire about 4 months post op. However I do know some people who are 3 years post-op and still can't. My scars are very minimal, even though I did have the anchor technique, and do not cause me any pain. So I just think it depends on how the wires sit on the scars and the extent of scarring that you have.

I must confess that I couldn't wait to buy bras and shirts and now I have several bras that I can't wear, luckily the shirts still fit me pretty well. Try to hold off, but if you can't don't go too crazy! And maybe just buy things that are on sale!

This week has been better for me. I am less...

This week has been better for me. I am less worried and more excited. I am working on convincing myself that I will live through the actual surgery :O) and I am have found gardening a major stress reliever. Needless to say my yard is looking better and better every day. Although now that I have spent so much time planting in my yard and making it pretty. I am wondering who will be taking care of it for me after my BR ? How long will it be before I can garden again ?

You probably won't be using a hoe or pulling strongly rooted weeds for several weeks, or pushing a wheel barrow or anything like that. You may feel well enough to hold the hose or sit and clip stems, etc after a couple. Just make sure that whatever you do, you stop before you normally would. You will tire very easily and need to not over-exert yourself while you are still in such a fragile state of your recovery process.
several weeks !!!! you mean like 4..... surely you can not mean several weeks like 7-8 !!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG ! my whole yard will die :O(
How long does the tiredness last ? How come I will be so tired ? I can understand recovery of my skin taking a month but why would a person be so tired for a month ?

I had a major freak out Friday night. I started...

I had a major freak out Friday night. I started asking myself some creapy questions like "Am I really going to let a complete stranger remove most of my breasts ???" The anwser come Sat. morning was "OM...Yes, Yes I am !" I don't know why sometimes I get so wound up and worried and other times I have a total feeling of "I got this , No problemo'. !"

Sat I was in such a gung-ho mood. I went on an hour long hike and then "Window-shopping :O) " for 4-5 hours. ..lol.. I drug my daughter along too. We had a great time. We were out looking at what I might be able to wear after surgery. I refused to buy anything though. Even though the pants I had on are clearly too big for me. I have lost 16 pounds now. I have definantly hit a small platue. So with that loss my clothing is getting to big.

So to confess .... I just took some measurements. Under my bust was 38 and bust was 49.5 and above bust was 40. My 44 H bra is too big now. The band slips and slides more than a kid in summer camp. I know I really need a 40-42 band on my bra now but with surgery so close I am refusing to shop for one that fits me right now. Even my hubby says my pants and bra no longer fit me. O' well. I guess I will just look bad till surgery and then I will redo my entire wardrobe and look Amaizing !!!!!!!

I am so excited. I do agree that my clothing looking so big on me makes me look a bit frumpy. But why would I purchase so close to surgery ? I hope everyone is doing well out there. I am feeling great so I am off to exercise !!

My PS did give me a bra, but it wasn't the strangling contraption that it sounds like some of the girls get. Mine was more like a tank top that held my dressings in place and velcroed in the front. I also used an ACE wrap when that bra was in the laundry. I really liked the ACE because I could adjust the compression to feel just right and to hold  my dressings. As some of the swelling went down(probably around week 2 or 3) I got a Bandini @ Kohl's  and then a cheap pull over one that was similar to that at Wal-Mart (I have a picture on my profile) and the doctor said that offered plenty of compression. I was never uncomfortable in the bras I wore. I don't know why some doctors insist on the very tight bras 24/7 for several months and others say they are not necessary...I guess it must be the same reason that some use drains all of the time and others never do...just personal preference. I guess if we trust the doctor we selected to do the surgery, then we should trust his post-op procedures as well until he gives us a reason not to, huh? Kind of hard though when there is so much conflicting or differing styles!

Maybe you could find a bra on clearance at Wal-Mart or somewhere really cheap(I actually found one at Target the other day for under $4) and get that to get you through the next month. With all of the weight loss and the breast reduction you are just going to be a whole new you!
Dear All, and especially Zing.
You have said it all for me as I feel exactly the same except for the loss part. I too have memories of my chest/boobs being my main feature and the constant comments I have had to take from people.
I read this forum just for a few minutes every evening before bed so i can (try) being positive. I too am provisionally booked in for end of June (maybe 4th July independence day for me !! lol) and wish i was on the 'other side' eg typing on here about how good i feel.
I have just taken my dog for a walk in a big jacket (its like a duvet) and as I am walking my spine between my shoulder blades is hurting (again). It feels like i need it to 'click' to ease the stress of my heavy boobs but once home and out of my bra it eases off.
I bought a bra for walking around the house (Ahh bra) and unfortunatly the shoulder straps dig in so badly, it stings my already sore and red shoulders -the ones with the grooves in....
Since making the decision to get his done and taking the step of going for my 1st appt i am not getting very impatient to get this done! I am 48 tomorrow and i always said in 2 years time when I hit 50 (god willing) i want to look my best, not perfect just good enough.
When I read all the posts on here and especially when Zing said how she window shops, I have started to do the same things. No more will i look though clothing and say to myself ''i cant wear that, i cant fit in that... can I find a saize 20 ir 22 to fit my boobs? Then I would go home and take in the waist or i looked like a tent on top!
Like Zing, buttons will be no problem. Tops will be in proportion with my lower half and joy of joys i hope i will be more ''bottom heavy!''
This forum is keeping me focussed on the positives and like us all on here i too am doing it for me after years of wishing. Last thing i want to 'say'. WHen i went for a medical in 1985 (i was 20) the Dr made a comment to me then. She said 'you would benefit from a BR- ask your GP about it'. I was astonished and thought yes I would love to but fear took me over. Since my 2 C-sections which were not easy or straightforward... i have been able to find some courage as i know for me time is passing me by. I dont want to spend anymore of my life sore and aching. I want to be free of my chest and to say goodbye to them is like saying goodbye to being harnessed in a 'straightjacket' also known as my big bras. No more hiding under T shirts on the beach or in a pool with my 2 floating boobs to contend with.
Thakn you all for letting me rant and yes I agree this site is amazing. Wish i had found it years ago.
Lots of love brave ladies!
xx xx
Don't worry. The freak out is over :O) Thanks for the info. Yes.. what you mention makes perfect sense. Great tips by the way . What soty of after bra did you use. Was it one they gave you ?

I am trying to be patient. :O) 4 weeks and 4...

I am trying to be patient. :O)
4 weeks and 4 days till surgery :O)
or 31 days (Not counting today or surgery day.)
EXCITING stuff ! I am having the hardest being patient. I can't stop reading about BR and looking at before and after pics. I really need to get a note pad and get my last minute questions down. I also need to get a list of recovery items from my PS. I really don't want to be doing anything last minute. I can't wait to be on the flip side.

Hi Deb,

What my PS gave me right after surgery wasn't really bra-like, it was more like a half-length tank top that had velcro in the front. It basically just held the bandages in place and didn't really offer much support. I couldn't really find a bra that I felt was comfortable for right after surgery so what I ended up using was an ACE wrap, which I really liked because I could control the amount of compression. My PS said nothing really tight. A couple of weeks afterward I just got a cheap bra from Wal-Mart. It wasn't super tight but just didn't allow the girls to bounce. I have pictures of what the PS gave me and my W/M bras on my review.

It does seem like there are really differing opinions on what to use. I would assume that each doctor just recommends what they have found works best when combined with the technique they use. Good luck!
Hi Zing,( Hi all),
I have only had 1 appointment so far and my 2nd is on May 4th. My PS has said 'just buy a few support bras- the cheapest you can get for a few weeks just to give you support'.
Having read all the (wonderful) posts on here I am picking up a sort of 'process' -or something like it in terms of what to wear bra wise? (I will also ask Kimmers about this.)
Please feel free to 'chip in' as I dont know if i have read this right?!
1. Do i wear what my PS has said, eg cheap sports bra for the weeks after my BR?
2 Or, do I wear this for the 1st few days, then a supportive bra like the ones on the links to some posts on this forum.
3. Then after a few weeks do I wear a 'compression' bra to help shape my new boobs for a few months?

I will of course ask my PS when i go for my 2nd appt (4th May) but it seems the information regarding support then compression etc which (so far) I have only heard of in the USA posts - seems a really good idea. Can anyone give me information about this please? :)
Deb UK x x

I thought I would take some before pictures of...

I thought I would take some before pictures of myself. EEEEK !!!! Wow. I wish I was smaller. I am really affraid getting this BR will make me look fater. I am really concerende that I might look pregnant. :O( . I have a lot of tummy chub to loose still :O( If I don't ever get out of this weight loss rut I am going to go nuts. I am holding steady at 15-16 pounds lost. Glad to have lost any at all but my goal was 22 pounds and with 4 weeks left I am not sure I can make it. anyone have any weight loss boost ideas ? I really need to knock off those last 6-7 pounds. Please help.

I think you will be surprised that you won't look bigger at all. In fact most people will probably think you have lost weight because they will finally be able to see your waist and not just huge breasts. And on the plus side, exercise and activity will be so much easier once you are no longer lugging around boulders!
lol.. see :O)
bolders !!!! ...lol.. :O) 4 weeks and counting down !
I am a bit worried I will chicken out.
But my back has been killing me lately.

In the picture with the bra you can really see your waist, but the pictures with the t-shirt you can't see that because it just bags around you. You will be able to see your curves and shape, not just your boobs after the surgery.

And we won't let you chicken out! We are all here cheering you on!

Tonight I am reall nervous. So nervous I could...

Tonight I am reall nervous. So nervous I could almost vomit. I feel like I am waiting on a pregnancy test result. :O) LOL... This BR is going to change me and that scares the crud out of me. I hope I will love it. The 25 of May is only a few weeks away. EEEAK !!!!!!!!!! NERVOUS !!!!!!!!
Thanks girls (Iowa71 & Deb uk ) for the support. I am ready to shed the boob suit 90% of the time but then there are those moments when I look down at them and think they are not so bad. I too have noticed boob comments more since deciding to get this BR.

Even comments from my husband. He is not saying or doing anything new but I notice it more, and sometimes it makes me mad. I guess because I am ready for a new me, and he likes me the way I am. I know that sounds weird but it is true.

Maybe it is because I like me too and I know My boobs have to go. I can't keep them and be comfortable. I know this BR is the best choice.

I really hope my back pain and shoulder pain is better after this. I will be really sad If It turns out that I am getting this done JUST to fit clothing better. Don't get me wrong. I really want to look nice too but I really, really want to be more comfortable in my own skin. I want to be able to exercise without back and shoulder pain. :O) I pray this helps. Looking better is the bonous !

Most people notice a significant difference in the amount of back, shoulder and neck pain they have. One thing I have found is that pilates and yoga are so much easier now and those are wonderful exercises for strengthening your core muscles, which in turn will help relieve all of those pains. So even if the surgery itself doesn't help with all of the discomforts don't be defeated...there are muscles there that you've not been able to use for a very long time, and they just need to be reminded of what they can do! I can't wait for you to have this procedure and finally enjoy all of the benefits that it will allow you!
Hi Iowa71 and Zing,

Iowa71 thank you for your advice. I love reading what you write as it spurs me on!
Zing, I for one (like Iowa71) will cheer you on too as I am excited for you and your new life with nice boobs.
Its something which I cannot imagine having the mental and physical 'freedom' to not have to consider my boobs so much. It's only since my decision to have a BR that I see how much my big boobs have dominated my life. Its been a big eye opener and I am stunned into silence. Its only since knowing the boobs are going that I have seen the negative influence they have had on me.
Now I have the freedom (when the boobs are gone) to wear what I want to run, swim, dance and not feel watched by people or seeing people (men usually) making unwelcome stares or 'joking' type remarks about my chest. Bring it on!! Bye bye boobies... and good riddance to them. I'll feel better once the op is out of the way as I am a big wuss but hey, life will be good. Lots of love girls. X X

I went to get refitted for a bra today. I am now...

I went to get refitted for a bra today. I am now officialy a size 40 H. I started at 44H . I did have two streachy 42 size bras that used to fit me but not nothing does. I was going to buy a new bra today but they were not on sale, and I am NOT spending $48.00 on one bra to only be able to use it for 26 days :O( I am not very happy about this. Usually Lane Bryant will have some on clearance for $19.99 but not this time. POO! O well. I started my spring cleaning today. I threw out a lot of clothing that I will be glad to never wear again. Encluding a the black bra that I always wore under my swim suit. :O) Glad to see that thing go.

Some ladies I know actually want my striped bra in the pic for a breast cancer project :O) I will be glad to donate that too. It is kind of a bummer though. I just bought 6 new bras in Feb. and I do not fit a single one. I have always paid well for bras that fit and it is irratating ( and painful ) to wear a $75.00 bra that doesn't even fit. I can not wait to be able to but a $10.00 bra :O) I am so glad my insurance company is paying for most of this. I am going to call my PS this week just to touch base and see if there is anything I should be doing or not doing. Plus I really need them to give me a list of items I should buy for recovery. That will give me something to do.
Zing just ran across your profile! I am 2 days away from surgery ,slightly freaking out!I have had three other surgeries.Little worried abut recovery time but other than this excited to be smallerrrrrrrrrrrrr.
congrats ! let me know how it goes. I am excited for you. I wish I was getting mine done this soon. 26 days to go still :O( but then I too will feel better and look better :O) I wish you all the best.

I called the PS office and spoke with the office...

I called the PS office and spoke with the office manager. She said I really will not have to get a lot of stuff for post op. HMMMmmm. No supply list to keep me busy. She also said that there will not be any dressings for me to replace. She said he puts them on and than they stay there till two days before my post op that is when I am to shower for the first time. OM !!! YUCK !!!!! my post op will be 11 days later :O( that can not be right !!!! 9 days in the same bandages ..... no SHOWER ??? My PS does not use drains and only uses disolvable stitches so there is no reason for me to go in at 3 or so days she said. But 11 days after BR seems a little far for the first post op appointment. My surgery is May 25 and I was told my first post op was should be June 5th. I emagin if I have any problems I will be seen sooner but I am a little concerned 11 days is a little far. If my boobies are covered up for the first nine days how will I know if there is infection or anything else going on ?

I guess that also means no pics till after then. My hubby said "You are not going to be removing the bandages the PS put on just to take pics., every time those bandages come off you might risk infection" Does anyone know if that is true ? Does removing the bandages risk infection ? I plan on following what ever instructions my PS gives me but I was just wondering.

I am also wondering when did all you ladies out there let you guy see the new boobies. My hubby is terribley squeamish . I am not sure he could handle seeing them right away. Plus I have herd the first two weeks are the scariest to look at , plus with my post op being so far out I will miss most of those scary sights. Expeshially if I really have to keep them covered in the bandaged they put on me fot the first 9 days. Is that even Hygenic ???? I guess I will have to sponge bath. I am going to the corner salon to get mt hair washed . I am going to let my girls help with the drying and styling. I wonder how great I will look after my 7 year old daughter gets her turn to help me :O) She is going to have a blast.

I know a lot of the girls use bio oil or the silicone strips. My PS recommended ScarZone. It is a silicone based cream that is only about $10 at Wal-Mart.
Hi Iowa, Hi all,
Yes yes yes i agree 100% about the bacteria living conditions!! Eliminate at least 3 of the 4 (ideally all 4) conditions and you virtually eliminate the chances of infection. I am going to use hibiscrub soap for a week before my op -just under my boobs to make very sure i dont get infection. Also i exfoliate with every shower under my boobs and between my boobs to eliminate rashes. I once had (the one and only time) mild thrush under 1 breast, as i had (true) influenza and was in bed and sooo ill... I couldn't wash or eat, i just slept and took meds. I got a small patch of thrush undrr my boob and i recognised it straight away. I went to get some creme and a tablet and i washed and exfoliated before putting the creme on. Being careful to use disposable cloths and i washed the towel i used straightway on a 60 degree+ wash.
It went! So although i am not 'run down' i will exfoliate gently and use the hibiscrub. I'm also going to take multi vits, Co-Enyzyme Q10 (free radical scavenger) (it's a food supplement here in the UK )and Oil of Evening Primrose. Oil of evening primrose is used for sore breasts when you get PMT which i ge for 6 days each 29 day cycle! My already massive boobs feel fuller but they also feel very sore and heavy. The oil of EP takes away the soreness and heaviness and again its a food supplement here (UK) and safe to take regardless of medicines you have or are taking.
Here, i've been told to have Bio-Oil as your breasts becomes very dry and itchy. I think if you can optimise the conditions for preventing infection and making sure you are in the best of health, plus use whatever you can take (with PS approval) to keep the soreness down. That's my plan for a month before I go in. Until then its support psychologically from my fellow BR ladies from all over the world!
x x x x
mine said bio oil or maderma,not vitamin e

I decided that I need to read up on the basics of...

I decided that I need to read up on the basics of wound care. It can after all, only help. I got a packet of papers in the mail from my PS office. It was filled with what not to eat or ingest in the last two weeks. It really was a HUGE list. Mostly meds. Also there was info on pre-regristeration for the surgery center. So I guess I need to do that soon. Two weeks and counting down now. I still have not parted with a single bra yet. I guess I will save that for after. I am planning my freezer meals for after surgery and spring cleaning as much as possible to help keep my mind busy. I was given a new sight to check out by my PS.

www.yestheyrefake.net

It is not as easy to navigate as this one, but It is another source of info.
Awesome!! I am also getting a breas reduction on May 25th!! Funny!! And I wish you the best of luck!! The doctors taking 1000g from the left and 1400g from the right on mine I am currently a 42 I
will be following your journey!Keep talking to us who are on the other side !We will guide you through it just as we were!Today is day 12 for me!Going out to see my ex mother in law for mothers day!
lol... today.. wish I had spell check :O)

Eight days to go and I am feeling great. My...

Eight days to go and I am feeling great. My allergies are cleared up and I am less stressed. I went out and purchased a few after surgery tops :O) . I have STILL not purchased any new bras or gotten rid of any old ones. I will do that after surgery. I tried to call and pre-regrister but the surgery center said they were not ready to take my info yet. So I guess I was trying to pre-regrister too early. All in all I think I am pretty ready.

My PS was very informative in my pre-op so I know alot about what to expect with surgery for the most part. Dr. Geter told me my boobies would look squareish for a while and less full at the bollom of my breast. My PS said I might hate him after surgery and have a crying fit and worry that I made a bad choice , He said not to worry though that they would drop and settel in and round out over the next six months and once thay did that I would like him again ;o) ...LOL... My PS told me that it is normal for large busted wemon to feel flat chested after surgery but he assured me I WOULD NOT BE.

I have a friend who has a friend (Who is also a nurse) :O)...lol.. That had a breast removed due to cancer. Dr. Geter performed her surgery and also her reconstruction and my friend said the new breast looks fantastic !!! So I am taking this as a good sighn. If a nurse would pick him.... I want him too. Since choosing Dr. Geter I have met a few people who know someone who has used him, and all I hear are raving reviews. So after all the stories and my own openion of him I am certin the procedure will be wonderful.

Dr. Geter told me the most important thing was for me to be realistic with my ideal out come. Which I am. I don't care if they are not perfect or scared. I do not care if one is a tad bigger. I only care that they look ok and wind up smaller and back on my chest where they started...lol.... I would also prefer that they still have fullness :O)
hello i am also getting my breast reduction done soon i go in for my scheduled appt on june 4th then from there we are going to schedule a date i will be uploaded some pictures soon my breast are about the same size as yours or bigger please i would like to keep in contact on this journey you can also comment on my page your in put when is your scheduled surgery....
Deeds68,
What is your end "gaol size" ?
lol... I did it again ... GOAL....lol

Today I feel excited and on top of the world. I...

Today I feel excited and on top of the world.
I do have one question though.

At the start of the year I decided to get healthier and so I went from consuming a toxic amount of salt to eating no added salt, no salt and low sodium foods only ( this actually was easy to do for me). also I started watching my sugar intake and snacky carbs. I really cut back on those too. I was consuming a ton of coffee too. I don't mean one regular cup of coffee either. I mean the tall grande extra charger Mocha ,caramel, and vanilla gas station coffee. YUMMY. so anyhow I used to do that all the time. but now I don't partly because of my question. So my question is I had a naughty coffee yesterday an then 2 regular cups today :O( and I felt a little flutter in my chest...... I used to have that sometimes after drinking a lot of caffine. Now I am a tad worried with surgerie next Friday. Do you guys out there think I should call my Family Dr. ? I am not going to drink anymore coffee before surgery cause now I am a bit frightened. The flutter was very light and only lasted a second.....Hmmmm.

Initially I would say that it was probably the caffeine, especially if you have been caffeine-free for quite a while. However I always say never dismiss something that caused you to worry in the first place. There would be no harm in calling up the doctor's office and either asking them, or making an appointment to talk to them about it. An EKG is a very simple test to run, so it wouldn't require a lot of effort on your part or their's if you would like to have it checked out. It is never wrong to be cautious!
Thanks for the support Iowa. I did some reading and caffine is notoroiuse for flutters. I also read that they pose no real threat under gernral anasthesia . I am going to still call and ask my Dr. and I am going to make certin the anasthesiologist is informed about it. Hopefully it will be no big deal. I am certin it was the caffine also. I have had more than usual lately. I guess it is back to decaff for me :O)

Hey Zing,

I really like that your PS was so honest with you about the emotions you might feel! I think it is great that he just laid it on the line like that and let you know that you aren't going to be ready for a photo shoot after two weeks. I think that will help you to be much more realistic about the outcome and your healing time frame.  Sounds like a great guy to have on your side! Congrats :-)

Called my Family Dr. and she said the amount of...

called my Family Dr. and she said the amount of caffine I had consumed was enough to cause my flutter. She was no at all concerned. I avoided caffine all day and I am feeling great today. I will still bring it up before surgerie but I am very certin as well that it was the caffine. I called and pre-registered :O) I am so proud of myself. I am going to spend the weekend cleaning and preparing my house for my surgery. I am even making some meals ahead and freezing them. Plus I still need to but the after care stuff.
@deed and Zing my website is under mshill just go on and check out my before pics i will be uploaded some soon as i get my BR...
I'm glad you checked it out!! I have a horrible headache at the moment and was going to take some ibruprofen and then remembered that was on the list of forbidden drugs!

Zing I have a question. My friends and a few family members want before and after pics but I still feel weird about it (probably because I'm insecure about the size) how did you feel about taking the pictures? Do you think I should? And what type of after pics do you plan on taking?

Sorry for all the questions the 25th keeps getting closer and closer /
I guess I'm getting more and more nervous lol.
I don't mind the questions at all. It is actually nice to chat to someone about this stuff. I would say deffinantly take pics. I would take them nude and dresses. From the front and side. You don't have to give friends and family the nude pics. I am guessing when you say they want them that what you really mean is that they want to SEE before and after pics. I would say that a before pic in a bra like the ones I posted are good if you are not comfortable with showing nude ones, and for the after pics I would put something over your nipples like a round circle of gauze taped in place) and take a pic. I have a few people I plan on showing my pics. I don't think they are trying to envade our privacy, they're just curiose.

My extended family has not seen my pics yet . I will show them after my surgery. Partly because I am across the country from all of them and partly because I really am not comfortable showing them my gigantic naked boobies before surgery...lol. :O) I am hoping I will feel better about it after because It won't be me anymore so some how I feel it will be different. :O) Don't worry. We will get threw this. I do urge you to take pics though. I think they will be helpful. With pics you will be able to really see the change in you body profile from an outside point of view. Try not to freak out. I know that is easier said than done but try anyhow . :O)

I am feeling ready. I went out and purchased a...

I am feeling ready. I went out and purchased a very nice post-op bra. The only thing I do not like about it is that it clips in the back. O' well I still love it. It only cost me $7.99 too. WOW . I think it is more like a sleep bra. I will be able to use it at SOME point so I am happy.
busy98 and Deeds628 , we have 3 nights and 2 days till BR. We got this ! Sleep well and if you get all your pre-op chores done you can help me with mine ...lol :O)
Lol I am nervous! They recommended I get a bag of peas and then I know I need some mederma! I'm sure there are a few other things that I am missing!! I got a call from the hospital earlier today about the sports bra that they will be giving me. I cant believe this is actually happening!!
Howdy Zing, you freakin out yet? 3 more sleeps! I am more excited than scared, how about you?

2 nights and 1 day left and although I am nervous...

2 nights and 1 day left and although I am nervous I am not scared . I am SOOOO ready for this to be over. I am excited and very happy to be getting this done.
when you buy the soap make sure its not scented!Having to be there early is so the surgeon can draw and meet with anesthlogist!Need time to be prepped as well!
Yeah I met with a few friends today and they made me a bit nervous!!! How long is your procedure supposed to take? And yeah I dont think we can use it immediately afterwards (it'll probably hurt way too much)! My surgery is at 7:50 am but they want me there at 6:00 am! I have no clue why I have to be there so early!! Wow I forgot to buy some anti-bacterial soap! Thanks I may go out and buy some from walgreens or somewhere! Thanks. Thats a good idea to shower with it in advance, you can never be too sure.
Deeds628....I got a call today too but I was in the middle of a retirement dinner for a friend so they are calling back in the morning at 9 am. I am crazy nervous ! PEAS !!! I guess I need to go to the store :O) I am going to use Maderma also I think, but I herd you can't use it till 2 weeks post op. What time is your surgery ? I will be there at 6:30 am and supposed to be in surgery at 7:30 am. I am of course the first one. Tomarrow will be packed with cleaning and preperations. Are you using Hibiclens ? My ps office said to use Hibiclens or Dial...... So I chose generic Hibiclens. I am going to start washing with it tonight. 2 night left .

Finally got to talk to a nurse today in about my...

Finally got to talk to a nurse today in about my pre-op stuff. She was wonderful. Her name was Joyce. Joyce told me that the reason I had not been contacted sooner about Items I would need post-op is that the post-op nurses send me home with everything I will need for wound care. :O) WHO KNEW !!!! WOW !! I am so glad. What a relief :O) So all I need to do now is

Fix and freeze a few meals
clean my room
Put all the items I might want like remotes, magazine, book, hand loation, baby wipes and ECT. on my night stand
charge camera battery
charge cell phones and
lay out clothing and pillows for in the morning
:O) and then VOILA !!!! I will be done :O)

Chat to you all on the flip side
Best of luck tomorrow! I will also be thinking about you!! I am sure once its all done we will be soooo satisfied with our boobies!!! Tomorrow will really be a life changer!!
Zing, best of luck tomorrow! Best decision you could make for yourself.
I am 3 months PO and couldn't be happier.
Here's to a speedy recovery!!!!!
Zing Thinking about you and sending good thoughts your way!!! So excited your day is here!! Sleep well tonight and we will wait to here about it all!!! I think I am just as excited for everyone else as I am for myself!!! Yay you!!!!!

I MADE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!! I got up at 5:00 am....

I MADE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got up at 5:00 am. Arrived at the surgery center at 6:20. Went to my room at 6:30. And then the orchestra skilled people all did their parts to get me ready. First a nurse to check all my info and and medical history , she also had me take a preg test. ( negative of course) Then a man came in directly after my neg. preg. result and he numed my arm and put in my I.V. drip. As soon as he left the anesthesiologist came in and went threw all my medical info as well, then he talked with us and made sure we had no questions. Then a few more people came in one right after the next until at 7:00 am when Dr. Geter came in .

Dr. Geter was happy , informative and full of great info. He answered all my questions before I even asked them ! He was FANTASTIC and knowlegable. Then he moved on to marking my breasts. He drew and measured each line carefully. Dr. Geter drew and measured one line on breast A and then drew and measured the same line on breast B , he did this untill every marking was done and he was was finished. He was very gentle and drawing all the marking took no time at all. I was completely ready for surgery at 7:15. The OR nurse came in and put some drug in my IV and I was talking to her as she wheeled me out of the room at 7:25 am and I was awake for about 10 secounds. Next thing I knew I was waking up in post-op.

Post op: I was in the recovery room for about 1 hour. I felt dizzy and my incesions felt like I had a rope burn. I was at about a 6 on the pain scale. They gave me pain meds and something for the dizziness. Then I went back to my room. My hubby was there and I was so happy to see him that I got teary for a moment. More pain meds and more dizzy meds and then Dr. Geter came in to check on me. He said everything went fantastic and that he removed a total of 3.8 pounds of breast tissue. I ate a few crackers and drank some tea, 2 hours later I was headed home. I got home at about 3:00 pm. Just as they said I had a surgical bra on and they gave me extra dressings. I purchased an extra bra in post op just to have it when I needed it. I was told it would cost about $15.00 dollars.

So far recovery has been easy. I am moving slow and gentle but My pain is very little. I am probley a 2 on the pain scale. I came home with Tylenol3 and some antibiotics. I was told to shower on Sunday and let my boobies air dry. No more bandages after sinday unless I am having drainage. I was told to let the boobies get some air time for up to 4 hours. I was instructed to wear the bra around the clock otherwise. And my next post-op appointment is on June 5 TH.

As far as how I am emotionaly doing .... Fantastic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you to everyone who has chatted to me on here and given me much need suport.
P.S. no, I have not peaked at the new boobies.
Glad to hear that everything went well, congratulations! Hope you are happy when you do get a peek :-)

Hoping everything went well Zing! Get your rest, but let us know how you are doing when you feel up to it!
Thinking of you today and sending good vibes your way!

As of this morning I am still doing great. Pain is...

As of this morning I am still doing great. Pain is a 2 still. I fell less like I have a rope burn under my breasts and more like actual incisions. I am not in pain but I deffinantly feel like I had a breast reduction. I have drainage from yesterday on my surgical gauze and bra but nothing new as of today. All the spots are in the same place as after surgery and they are all the same size. Hope that is good. I do not have drains in and as far as I know everything went and is going just as planned. I am going to ask for meds to help with dizzyness. I get dizzy when I stand. I am not eating full meals yet and have not had a BM. I am drinking a ton of iced tea and have started consuming apple juice and apple sauce. I was told those along with coffee help relax and soften things to make it easier to go. I am not eating much so who knows when I will feel the need to go. But when I do I would rather it be softer than not. I know that is too much INFO. but I have herd it is a fact.

I slept reclined but NOT laying down last night. I have a chase lounge that is in my livingroom. The lounge legg part can be removed and used as a leather ottoman so all I had to do was sit back and let my hubby push the ottoman up to the chair making it the chase. This was easier than trying to hold my weight with my arms to turn and move to lay in bed. it is not comfortable to bring my hands together in front of me to wash my hands so I am still having help with washing. I will try to upload my pic of the markings Dr. Geter made. I know he made more after I was under anasthesia so of course I do not have pics of that.

I am still needing a lot of help to get around. My...

I am still needing a lot of help to get around. My IV pain meds from the hospital are fully gone now but I still am a bit groggy. I am guessing it is because of the Tylenol 3. I am taking one pill every 4 hours and only once did I take the maximum of 2 pills. My pain is low still and I am a tad worried about removing my surgical bra to shower tomarrow. I was told to shower with my back to the water and use mild soap and to let the water carry the soap to my new boobies. No touching the boobies with my soapy hands. I was told to shower and air dry for a while then put on a fresh surgical bra a little gauze in it back on. Makes me nervous !!!!! I am worried my seams will pop. :O( Plus I am worried they might look so bad that I get ill. I am going to peak in the shower but I don't really want to.
Yes... I plan on having help in the shower and first removing all the dressings and surgical bra in my room. The nurses at the surgery center sugested pretty much the same thing that Iowa71 told me .." DO NOT keep my spare dressings and items in the bathroom or kitchen and to undress and re-dress in my room". They told me it is best to avoid washing my hair in the shower for a few days as well. So if my hair gets yucky I will get it washed at Sally's beauty salon. I really do not want to look at the new girls untill they are clean, but I know I will have to at least peak as I remove my old dressings. YUCK. I am actually supprised at the lack of blood I have. I of course have a few spots but they were there after surgery and as far as I know I have had no drainage since being home. Once I get these old ones off I will place a few clean pads on the incesions and then I will be able to see if they drain any. My boobies feel full, firm and tender. Dr.Geter said I should expect a "D" cup. I am not sure though. I feel really small but I guess when you compare a "D" cup to my old "H" cup it is really small. Whatever the size is it has got to be better than what it was so I am happy so far. I just prey they look ok when I actually get to see them in the morning. So far I think the size looks good on me but I hope they don't go down too much because I really did not want "C" size boobies. But Hey.... I have not ONCE seen anyone on here complain and regret that their new boobs were too perky and too small. So I am feeling optomestic.

Thanks for all the well wishes ladies.

That first peek can be a little overwhelming. Maybe take a peek before you step in, just to get adjusted to the idea. I thought it felt wonderful to take that first shower. It was so relaxing and eased some tension that I didn't realize I had been having. Good luck!
Love hearing about it all!! Good luck on the shower! When you look just breath!! Sending good vibes your way!!

I must confess I took a shower like I was directed...

I must confess I took a shower like I was directed to by my PS. However it was very tramatic for me. I had a full blown panic attack while undressing and I nearly fainted. Once I actually caught my breath and stoped crying I made it into the actual shower where I vomited a little. Now mind you I have felt wonderful and my pain has been incredibly low. I do not even have ANY drainage going on so far. A massave wave of sinsation started it all. My breasts were so large that I really did not used to feel much and as all the gauz was falling away from my new boobies I felt every thing and completely freaked out. I was not in and pain, just really scared.

Here is the new boobies. I am back to doing woderfully and my discomfort is a 1... at most.

Oh my goodness, Zing! You look amazing! You certainly aren't an H now! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you :-)
Zing you look great!!! I am 40h to K. Sounds funny but i have one bra on each size that fits, o mean like a 40h(which i spill put) 40 J thats old but fits ok and tge 40pain K which I hate!). You give me hope that i will look good!!! So glad you are doing good!!
Thank you everyone. I know they are a little square but Dr.Geter said they should round out. I can't wait. :O)

SENSATION !!!!!!! That is what is going on so far...

SENSATION !!!!!!! That is what is going on so far today on day 4. BILLIONS of little sensations. I feel every little thing in my breasts. My nipple sensation ( both sides ) is more than it has ever been. I feel everything. :O/ and I am so glad. Although the sensations can be overwhelming so I am keeping them covered with guaz. Does anyone know If I am supposed to shower every day now ? last night I actually got 3 straight hours of sleep :O) . I am headed to the shower soon so I just took two T3's instead of one. I hope my shower today goes better than my first shower with the new boobies yesterday went. That panic attack was awful.
Alright Zing, you made it!!!!! Congrats! You look great, not much bruising at all.
The next hardest thing is to just be patient, it was so hard for me but that is what everyone on board recommended.
They were right, in a few weeks and months you will be so pleased. I stand straighter, look healthier, no more pain and i just feel great.

Good luck!
Zing! Your breasts look absolutely amazing! I have been an avid reader of your transformation and battling with a size GG myself I have decided I am just going to go for it! I am praying I will end up with such a beautiful result as yours- well done! I am soooo happy for you!
Iowa71, geaz ! make a girl blush :O) I hope it does all turn out Amaizing !!! Thank you for all the words of support Iowa.

Today is recovery day 5. I am feeling tired still....

Today is recovery day 5. I am feeling tired still. I made it threw my second shower yesterday. I still required a massive amount of help but I was more relaxed and less stressed.The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. My hubby insisted that I allow him to wash my hair for me so after dinner we went on the back porch and I reclined on a bench and he ever so gently washed my hair. He did a fantastic job. Not one drop of soap or water anywhere on my clothing. I told him I had found his calling in life. :O) LOL

I forgot to mention on the 27th after my tramatic first shower , I air dried and put on a fresh post-op surgical bra which only lasted about one hour before poping at the seams. SO (after that horrid shower) I had to go threw waiting for the first bra to wash and dry and also the rewrapping :O( I was glad for that day to be over. I finally got to talk to my PS office taday and they said just to bring in the faulty bra and they would give me a new one. :O) That makes me happier. My camera spazed out and wiped my sim clean this morning so I lost a lot all my post op pics. :O( Hope this is the worst thing that happens to me. Lessoned learned though. Back up my pics :O) So because I had to retake my pics for today I decided to post a few.
OMG....Your breasts looooookkk awesome.....I want them! Congrats!!!!!!
Thank you. I might never get over having such a nice result. I hope they still look this great in 6 months.
You look really good! You will probably one day look back at your shower episode and get a good laugh. :) I am going from an H to a D as well..my surgery is tomorrow! Yikes! Looking forward to seeing how your recover goes. :)

I must be a SPAZ !!!!!!!!!! I have been on...

I must be a SPAZ !!!!!!!!!!

I have been on Tylenol3 since comming home from surgery on May 25th. I tried to go off it twice but both times I decided I wasn't ready and so I went back on T3. Well I took my third shower yesterday ( Horrid again ) and so because of what happened in the shower I called my PS. They told me to STOP the T3, So now for the third time I am off T3. :O/ I am not in any pain at all and no discomfort. I feel pretty good now actually. I feel more awake, and I actually made it into my own bed last night where I slept ALL NIGHT. So apparently going off T3 this time was a good thing.

Now let me tell you what keeps happening to me in the SHOWER.
So ,,,, My first shower was a major overwhelming panic attack. I am nearly fainted. I vomited and I had a rough time.
My second shower was "OK" But Mostly because I DID NOT look at anything and my hubby was very quick about helping me wash and get out of there ASAP.
Yesterday my third shower went exactly the same as my first shower minus the vomiting. So It was HORRID.

I was standing there for my third shower yesterday waiting for my hubby to get the water to a good temp and I felt "OK". But then he helps me out of my zip up gown and he plays with the water again. This time as I wait I can feel myself getting woosy. Next he helps me out of my bra and underclothing and BAM ! I look down as I step into the shower and FULL force dizzy going to faint ! I am then rushed from the shower to the next room and there I am set to recline ina chair. My hubby dries me off ( Not that I am really wet cause my shower only lasted a half secound :O? and then I just relax there for about 15 minutes. At which time I get up (NO LOOKING DOWN) and take a speed shower. I did just fine this time.

So apparently I am a SPAZ !!!!! I do not understand. What is the deal ? I am so happy to have this done... is it possible that I am so weaked kneed by looking at my frankin boobs that I get thrown into a full force anxiety attack. I know I it might sound crazy but I let the new boobies air dry and I am so hyper sesitive now that I can actually feel the air in the room if someone walks by. My Ps said there were a select few that wind up hyper sensitive but he never mentioned it to this extream. Could it be that I am having a sensation overlaod in the shower and that gives me a anxiety attack ? What would a person even do to help with that ?

ADVICE anyone ..... PLEASE :O/
Sent you a message Zing, hope it helps
You look great! I sent you a message :)
Hey zing just want to let you know it gets easier by the day!My Ps said that in six months it will be so much better!It Try not to worry yoruself remember when you get upset raises your blood pressure!I will be praying daily for your comfort and healing!

Dark spot on my left nipple and shower update, I...

Dark spot on my left nipple and shower update,
I am going to start with my shower update. First I started with 3 times yesterday I disrobed and just took a moment to look at my new girls and let them breath.
second,I took my shower at night instead of first thing in the morning , I undressed 10 minutes before my shower to give my self some time to just breath and take it all in ,I made sure the shower was ready before I got there, and we kept the bathroom door open to keep the room cooler

My shower was fine . No anxiety. I am so happy. I am going to repeat this method again today.
On another note. I have a dark spot on my left nippel. I think it has goten darker but not persay bigger. If you look really closley you can see it on other pisc. but I am posting a really good pic of it . I called my PS this morning and they want to see me today at 4 pm. I will let you all know what they say. I hope it is no big deal. I am not really worried.

I just got home from my Ps office and THANK GOD my...

I just got home from my Ps office and THANK GOD my little dark spot on my left areols was no big deal. :O) What a relief. Dr. Geter said it was just a spot from pricking a vain when he gave me an injection during surgery. He said it will go away. He said my incesions looked very nice and that I looked like I was healing very wonderfuly. I told him again about my shower anxiety attacks and said he had done a good job preserving all my nerves so just to keep doing what I was doing and that in a few months the sensations would calm down. He said It can be an extream feeling when a person who is used to having large numb breasts wakes up with smaller very aware breasts. He said I was doing everything great so far and to keep it up. I really recomend My PS to anyone near Springfield MO. Dr. Geter has really made this expierience wonderful so far.

What a relief!
I am so happy your appointment went so well, happy healing!
So glad all is great!!!! I know you must feel better!!

I KNOW !!! way too early to get a new bra but I...

I KNOW !!! way too early to get a new bra but I did it anyways :O) I went to JC Penny and purchased a "Bali Comfort Revolution Wire Free style number 3463". Price $ 25.00 . side "D" . This bra fits like a dream. Soft and flexable. Supportive and comfy. Just what I was needing. The best part is this bra does not rub my incesions.

Also some one on here posted ( and my post-op nurses recomended) using pads in your bra for drainage and padding. I am using this idea. Pads are WAY better than the gauz idea. The gauz was sruck to me on day 3 when I took my first shower and removing it nearly made me faint. I switched then to "Stayfree Ultra Thin Overnight" (with wings but I rip them off). These pade are really long, really thin, wide, and VERY comfortable to me. I use one under each breast. They cover the complete bottom scar and most of the scar going up to my areola. I do not have drainage yet but my breasts are crazy sensitive and my lower incisions are very tender. This trick helps me. I love that the pads have tape so you can just lie back place them where you want them and then press the bra in place. Ta Da then you are done. No fidigiting with gauz moving or falling out and they do not bunch up either.

I was out and about today for about 4 hours. I am exausted now. WHEW ! I need a nap. Hope everyone is doing well.
I have found this to be a very rewarding surgery so far. I really encourage any reader thinking about this to get a consultation. It was nice today to go into a store and actually try on bras that were too big. Nice to have more than one rack of bras to choose from. Nice to not be biggest busted person in the place. Nice to try on tops and really feel like I look great. Not to mention I actually can see my feet now !

My youngest daughter came up to me the other day and gave me a hug and it was so wonderful to really feel her. She was for the first time ever hugging my ribs, not my bust :O) It actually made me cry. She loved my boobies but I hated them always being in her face when I hugged her. I love the way hugging feels now. I can actually get real hugs now.... O' AND I was trying to cut veggies this morning when my hubby commented that my boobies were not there rubbing on my four arms like they used to be ! I feel soooo much better about myself now. I am WAY happy. Thank you to everyone for all the wonderful support.

Glad you are feeling better, Zing! The bra really does make a huge difference! Just wait until you go to find a swimming suit! Slipping in to one of those without a hassle and no tears is something that I had experienced since I was a teenager! Makes you feell almost giddy :-D
Hi Zing! I have to say again, your PS did a great job; you're looking great!! Hope healing continues to be uneventful. There are hundreds of camis and tank tops out there with your name on them!
lol... Thanks.
I am going to post a updaded pic. soon

I am just updating some pics. Everything is going...

I am just updating some pics. Everything is going great with me. I tried to do a littel in my garden yesterday but it was just too soon so I stoped. I was swollen and sore because of it last night. I am finding it hard to just NOT do anything. I am just under the 2 week post-op mark. I am on day 13 if you count day one as surgery day May 25th. Showering is just fine now. I actually took my first shower all by myself last night. I had to be extreamly careful while washing my hair but I made it threw it :O) . I can not even begain to tell all you pre-op ladies how wonderful it is to have my new boobies. I am going to list some of the bennifets that I have had so far.
My neck pain and stiffness are GONE
My back pain and stiffness are GONE
no digging bra straps
no sweaty breasts
no heat rashes
no floppy boobies when I turn over laying down
No giant boobies laying on my arms and pulling on my chest when I am laying on my back :O)
I can see my feet.
my clothing fits RIGHT
I now wear a 40D-42C NOT a 40H
in genral I just feel lighter (3.8 pounds to be exact !!!)
My breasts are not the first thing that touch my family when we hug
I look slimmer (but I notice my belly more)
My boobies fit into langerie for once
My breasts are off my ribs and up where they belong :O)
Did I mention I can cross my arms now !!!!!!!
I don't touch my breasts at all now when I clap my hands
I am not getting ANY awkward stared or looks at my breasts when I am out. I am just seen :O)
I am no longer the biggested busted person I know
I am no longer self concious.

If you are pre-op reading my post :

There are a lot of great bennifets that I have missed but these are the things I have noticed the most in the past 13 days. Emagine what other bennifets I will find in the next year. I do not regret this decision even for a moment. My Husband was reluctant and not wanting me to get this done till he met with my PS. Now I think there are times when he is more excited than I am about how I look. He tells me non stop how much lighter and happy I look. He complaments my figure all the time. He even has noticed the difference in how people look at me while we are out. NO staring. We are very happy and I know you will be too. This sight has been Fantastic for support and just airing out my feers and emotions and I can not tell you how very much I value all the support and info there is here. Hope you like us too. Good luck to you.
Reading your post is so awesome to me. Zing, your situation was very similar to mine. About the same size, same issues (minus the child), & same concerns. So reading your posts here is I guess my way of hopefully looking into the future :). I just got approval for mine, now I'm waiting impatiently to get it scheduled lol.

Something I was thinking about & that I have been concerned with too is the "will I look heavier with smaller breasts?". But my mom brought something up that I think you could benefit from too. She plays racquetball with a friend (L), & there is someone they tend to play against pretty often (P). My mom asked her friend, L, "how did P lose all that weight?". L responded "she got a breast reduction". My mom was stunned & asked "huh?". L explained, "after P had a breast reduction she felt more comfortable & had more energy, so she started to be more active without even thinking about it... so she dropped 50lbs in no time without even meaning to."

Here's to looking to the future! Congratulations Zing, you look great!
LookingGlass, Yes I can see how that is true. There are so many things that I would NOT even attempt to do before my BR. Like tennis :O) My husband plays but I never would because of all the bouncing around. And I never would chase my kids for the same reason. I hated doing anything that would cause excess bouncing for my boobies and thus more pain in my neck and shoulders. I am 2 weeks out now and still sore and tender but I feel SOOoooo GREAT ! I can't wait to be active again !!!!!!!!!!!! and thanks fot the complament. I will try to keep an eye on your posts. Good luck to you.
Zing & LookingGlass I'm in the exact same boat here. I cannot wait until I can get out there & be more active. I don't care if my bellys wiggling & jiggling, I don't care if my thighs are rubbing together. I'm just happy to be able to run, swim, jump & do whatever I want without worrying about a wardrobe malfunction or a black eye. lol

Wow, Ladies let me tell you. If you are pre-op...

Wow, Ladies let me tell you. If you are pre-op don't walk , run . This is the best thing I have ever done for myself. "Everything" (hint.. hint) is better now. I fell so happy. lol. I don't even feel bad about spending the money anymore. I feel great about it. I look great, I feel great and wow do people notice. I have even enspired a few ladies I know to think about a BR for themselves. One of the things I like best is right now I have absolutly NO SAGGING. I am 2 days under 3 weeks and looking great. Recover is going about as expected. My incisions are healing well and my new boobies are tender and REALLY sensative . The sensativity thing bothers me the most. Do not get me wrong, I am extatic that my PS did such an amaizing job but wholy COW batman !!! These nippels are stiff and alert at the slightest thing. I went grocery shopping at the store and it was unbearable to be in the meat, milk, juice and freezer departments. So thank goodness I has my daughters along to get that stuff that we needed. Also driving is ok now still brings on soreness. I try not to drive still but a family has to eat.... and go to the movies :O). After all we have been home for nearly 3 weeks and we have had NO fun yet. So the kids and I snuck off to the movies while hubby was at work. I am posting a few pics but I pretty much look the same as last week.One more thing . I got my final bill yesterday and the total bill reads :

23,471.00 Before any provider discounts .... OUCH
then after provider discounts are taken off the total bill says :
10,561.95 Of which my insurance company covered :
8,663.47 Leaving me owing a grand total of :
1,898.48

So my total bill owed for my BR is $ 1898.48 which is only 98.48 over what I guessed it would be so we are extreamly happy with that amount. Gool luck for every lady who is Pre-op and get well to all who are Post-op. The money is deffinantly worth it :O)

You look amazing, Zing! Congratulations. I agree that the cold can be unbearable. I'm ten months out, but there are times when I feel like they will snap right off they are so rigid...

Glad you are doing so great! Enjoy the time with your kiddos!!
Thanks Iowa71
Ana313,
That's good to know about the Palmers body oil. I have sens. skin too so maybe that will help. I AM in heaven. You by the way REALLY look fantastic. Wow what a fantastic transformation you have made. I am thinking tummy tuck also but I have some weight to loose first. Congrats on your new look.

My breasts are still very tender and sometimes...

My breasts are still very tender and sometimes flat out sore. I am wondering just how long this sorness lasts. Most my scabs are gone now . On the T-junction on my left breast where the scab just fell off I have a tiny spot that is leaving little yellow freckelly spots on my bra. I have not had any drainage so I am wondering if this is normal drainage or what ? It is a very tiny spot and I don't think it is infected , but I am going to watch it. I am stuck in the Bali Comfort band bra :O) I actually had to go out and purchase a second Bali Comfort Revolution Wire Free style number 3463 bra because this bra is so comfortable. I live in these bras now. Anyhow. I am doing great I am still sore. Hope everyone else is doing great too.

Called the PS this morning because I have a tiny...

Called the PS this morning because I have a tiny spot on my left T-junction on the bottom scar where the scab fell off that was leaving tiny yellowish dots on my bra and I had a tiny spot where a stitch had worked it's way out some . The stitch poking out was causing the scar to not close in that one tiny spot. Soo anyhow, The PS nurse pulled out that one stitch and then she found about 5 more :O( I was very nervouse because I thought it was going to hurt but apparently My scar line is numb :O) because I did not feel a thing. Thankfully. It took about 3 minutes total. They looked at my healing incisions and did not say anything about the tiny area where the scab had fallen off. They said everything looked like it was healing like it should. So I guess I was worried for nothing. My next appointment is July 31. So far I am so glad I had this done.
I have noticed that underwire bras are NOT made for reconstructed boobies. I find this bothersom. I never would have been caught dead in a soft cup before my BR and now I would rather be dead than in a wire brea. Hmm funny how life changes. Don't get me wrong I still love underwires but they do NOT love me. They are extreamly uncomfortable to even try on so wearing one at this point is OUT, OUT, OUT :O( Makes me sad because I really want to wear cute and sexy bras and there are NO cute sexy soft cup bras. If any of you have come across any let me know. Closes to cute or sexy I have found that I can wear is my Bali bra.
My PS said absolutely no underwires for at least 6 weeks, not sure why but i'm sure there is a reason. Maybe you'll be able to go back to them after that.
Yeah, I've seen that a lot, too - no underwires for us for a while. Try www.herroom.com for prettier softcup bras.

OK. Today I am one day under 4 weeks. I think my...

OK. Today I am one day under 4 weeks. I think my healing is going really well. I do have another stitch that has poped out and needs to be removed again but other than that I think all is going great. I am starting to notice my breast setteling but I hope that does not mean that major sagging is in my near future. I would just cry. I really need some post-op pics ( 8 and more weeks out) of size D boobies to look at. Is there anything a girl can do to keep them perkie. The other day I came across a sight that said testing had been done and bras cause breast to sag more !!!!! It said wearing a bra all the time causes the tendons in breasts to atrophy and thus sagging accures more severelly. :O( Not happy about this. I wonder if there is any real truth in this. The sight said to only wear a bra when outside your home if you want to retain good shape and high perkie breasts. It said a womans breasts need at least 4-5 hours of free time while awake and active. ... SHOCKED... I am SHOCKED. Can this be true ? Why would bras not come with warning labels then. : " Warning.. wearing a bra for extended periods of time causes excessive sagging." Hmm I am going to ask my PS about this one.

Other than waiting for things to take shape everything is getting back to normal here. I am not sure how much longer I can take it easy though. My hubby is still pampering me and I am letting him. I really needed the break from work and chores but to be honest I am really tired of just sitting here. I have managed to get out and drive a few times now but I still feel sore after getting out and about. Also my stamina is still low, I think that came from sitting on my bumb for too long. Is it ok to get back on my tredmill now ? My PS just told me to keep taking it easy till my next appointment July 31st but surely he did not mean for me to continue to be stagnant till then.

Anyhoo !!!!!!!!!! Healing is good and I feel Fantastic. Everyone on this sight has been amaizing and so supportive. This sight is fantastic. I am so thankful to everyone who shares the before and after pics. They really are a helpful tool. Happy recovery to all post-op ladies and good luck the the pre-op op ones.
ok Thanks BarbB.
It worked for my son's face when he was bit by a dog. You have to do it every day!
I will try that thanks BarbB

Well 5 weeks has just past. I updated my pics. I...

well 5 weeks has just past. I updated my pics. I am crazy happy. I went to a birthday party on June 30th for a friend of mine and wore a yellow dress with NO BRA !!!!! Yup you read me right NO BRA !!!!!!! I know I am shocked too. I tried the dress on with every bra I had and I was just more comfortable in the dress with out a bra on. So I said "Why not ? For the first time in my adult life I can get away with it...... " so I did...ha ha ha ha . I even bragged to my friend about it and she laughed. I am feeling fantastic and healing fantastic. I can not believe I was so worried and anxiouse about getting this done. This has ben the most liberating thing in my life. Everyone is noticing now and I am really feeling wonderful. I am wearing things I never EVER would have before and basking in all the looks I am NOT getting. I am completely thrilled. Now I get looked at because I look nice not because I have huge breasts. H.A.P.P.Y. that is me. I really hope everyone out there is feeling as great about this decision as me. My husband commented the other day that he wished he had the means to get this done for me 10 years ago. How sweet he is. He won't stop trying to take me shopping . :O) He was so aginst it to start with... funny how things turn out. Friday night my daughter had a friend stay over and so Sat morning I was in the kitcken making breakfast. When I was done we all sat down and ate. Near the end of the meal I started laughing. The kids ( 3 girls , two of them are 12) looked at me and I said .." Ha ha I just made breakfast and ate breakfast for the first time like ever with out a bra on... !" My 12 year old daughter turned pink and said "MOM !" and her friend just laughed with a weird look on her face and said "I am happy for you". It was great. I love damaging my kid...lol...Don't worry the friend is a kid who is here ALL the time, so she is used to us... :O) ANYHOW !!!!!!!! FREEDOM at long last. for those pre-oppers..... Don't fret about your up comming surgeries and for gods sake don't walk ...RUN into surgery and yell ME FIRST, ME FIRST, I CALLED IT.....ME FIRST !!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Zing! Wow you're 5 weeks pictures look great, you're healing up great. I think getting those knots out helped a lot, don' t you? I know they did for me. Isn't braless great? I went out last night wearing a tanktop with a shelf bra & thats it. it was quite liberating really.

Have you been using anything on your scars? I was 5 weeks on wednesday & I still have the t-juntction acting up so I haven't been using much, just massaging the scars in the shower with soap . I'm going to start with the Palmers therapy oil as soon as that heals up.
sammysmomma, No. I am not treating my scars yet because my PS said it is really best to wait till a few weeks after ALL scabs are gone so that the scars have time to thicken and mature. Having those few stitches removed irratated my skin enough that I think I will call my PS in week 7 and ask about treating them, I think he will want me to wait at least till 8 weeks though.. Today I am 6 weeks exactly. I am SO HAPPY. My PS told me it is never a good idea to treat a scar early. PS said wemon often think treating the scar as soon as possible is the best way to lesson it but he said that simpley is not true and in fact it is very unhelpful he said it causes the scars to streach, widden and thin out, and that in some cases that is enough to cause undue sagging. I don't want any of those things. My next check up is on July 31. My PS really stressed waiting for a while for the scars to mature a little before treating them so as not to cause damage.Who really knows all PS's do things so different :O) Either way. The new girls are great and healing much better now. My scars really don't bother me but I do plan on treating them as soon as I get the "OK". When did you PS say you could treat yours ?
OK - Funny story. My children are running around with water balloons and I have been laughing at them all week. Today I stole one that wasn't filled totally and hid it in my bra from my children. Let me tell you - that thing felt wonderful! LOL. Not frozen mind you - but just with cold water - it feels awesome on my poor bruised girls and lowered my body temp enough that I'm not sweating like crazy in this heat.

Well. Finally an update on me. I have been doing...

Well. Finally an update on me. I have been doing awsome. I still have very visable scars on the bottom of my breasts but the ones running around my nipples and down to the bottom of my beasts are fadding. I still have not used any scar creams but I am thinking I will. In fact it is on my grocerie list. I am just so affraid the scar cream will streach out my scars. I have herd of this happening. My breast are full , perky and better than they truely have ever been. I have so much more confadince now. I went from a size 2x top to a XL. and . I still need to loose belly fat but other than that I feel and look great. I get complamented all the time by my close family and friends and other than that even though I have lost 4 pounds of boob people I havent seen in a while don't seem to notice.... or they are to polight to mention it. I ran around the gym... yes I sad RAN.... around the gym with my daughter age 8 last week and it was comfortable and even FUN..... I can't believe how my life is changing....... I will update with pics soon. Oh ya and I am a tad 4 months post op.
Zing....you look FANTASTIC.....
Congratulation!!!!!!!!!!!

So far I am very pleased with my outcome. I know...

So far I am very pleased with my outcome. I know lately my breasts have REALLY softened up and the swelling is completely gone. I think my breasts are finally at thier permenant shape and I can finally wear underwires however I never do. I still live in my Bali comfort bras. Now that I have these great new boobs and I can finally see all by cubb I am working on loosing some of it. In the past Breast reduction was always something I REALLY wanted but never thought I would be able to have done. I am so thankful that I did. I know there are wemon out there that are struggeling and trying to get approved for this procedure and my best advice is " Hang in there" this is SOOO worth it. Keep your goals and expectations simple and you will be as happy as I am. My new breasts are not 100% symetrical but they are 100% more comfortable and 10 thousand times easier to dress.And for the first time ever I actuslly own a $ 3.00 bra. Hang in there ladies. and good luck.

I for got to mention that I am still a C/ D cup...

I for got to mention that I am still a C/ D cup depending on my band size. :O)
I just had my surgery on Dec. 21st and I am still healing and just using scargo, cocoa butter in the jar the real stuff, and the palmers skin theraphy with vitamin E for scars, dry skin etc. I am going to try the scar gel strips that my doctor sells in his office. Its alot of healing process, my doctor told me it would take about 6-12 months to completely heal. I am excited, I was wearing a 40J now I am suppose to be down to a 40D. I go to Victoria Secrets and feel normal now, lol....... I aerola area is filling slowly but getting there. I go for a follow-up with my doctor
Congratulations. It was great following you.

Wow! Fantastic! I have been searching the net for some info. Your posts are amazing and detailed. I have not started the process as I get insurance in Jan. 2013, but am getting this if I have to sell my kidney-they can take it out at the same time :-) I am wearing a 46 G but measured as an I (i) cup. Cannot afford them anymore. They stretch out in a couple months. Back, neck, shoulder pain, headaches....ugh. My job is in jeopardy because I always have some pain or another. You look fabulous. You are my inspiration to get it done. Your hubby sounds amazing!

2 years later and after my third pregnancy

Deffinantly worth it. It has been two years now. I have even had a baby since my reduction. Yes I breast feed but only 25% of my babies food is breast milk. I am happy with that. At least I can breastfeed. My breasts are a DD at the moment but I am 4 months postpartum and nursing so I am OK with their size. I still love my smaller breastsbreasts. Best thing I ever did.

photos 2 years and one be by later

Wonderful outcome, congratulations on partial breatsfeeding
What a great Christmas gift for yourself. I never used scar creams. I have no real visable scars, except the one under my breast. And you can only see those if I lift my breast. They do not bother me at all. Don't worry not everyone has complete dealing in their breasts right away. Congrats ! I does take a rear for your breasts to be right as rain. Enjoy the new perkies
Lol darn spell correct. ,
Rodney K. Geter

I give Dr. Geter FIVE STARS !!!!!!!!!!.. Dr.Geter is a Fantastic PS. He took time to anwser every question my husband and I had about breast reduction. Dr. Geter was very realistic with possible outcomes and very informative with possible side affects. He even told us about the post-op emoyional side that goes with breast reduction. Dr. Geter was very warm and happy and professional. His staff is wonderful too. We arrived at the surgery center at 6am and every person we saw working there was wide eyed and happy to see us. Every one was working like a beautifuly directed orchestra. Just one happy helpful face after another. The surgery support staff did thier job in what seemed like minutes, yet at the same time they made us feel like they had all the time in the world for us. They were the nices crew I had ever met. I appreciated that even though it was a Friday everyone was really there and not dreaming about the weekend. I really recoment Dr. Geter and his staff. Dr.Geter is really a wonderful plastic surgen. I am now pain free with a better self image. Dr. Geter really had his work cut out with me. I wore a size "H' cup bra and he told me after surgery I would be a "D" and his words came true. I like that the most of all. He is extreamly reliable.