Loved It Enough to Get It Done...twice! - Spring, TX

The first time I got my upper liner done..I was IN...

The first time I got my upper liner done..I was IN LOVE. I went back 3 weeks later to have my lower lash line done. I learned alot from the person who did mine: In Texas, there are only classes offered in the Dallas area, where you can get a certificate showing you completed the course: NOT a certification. Nail salons in the Houston area sometimes offer the perm make up, just be cautious of where you go and the experience one has. I love waking up with make-up. I took some Advil before getting it done and a Valium to relax me my first time around.The eyes and area are tender...it does hurt, but I describe it as "uncomfortable" since I know ho w tattoos already feel on the skin. The first time around took about 2 hours per upper and 2 for the lower. Its a back and forth motion that slowly breaks the skin to deepen the pigment. Color choices were available, but I went classic black. I do know that from experience, applying shadows can hide the liner, but I generally use colored liner for flair. It's great for "asian" eyes with no defined crease (I had a problem with the liner rubbing off on my upper lids). I retouched my liner about 2 years later. The analgesic used took off 50 percent of my cornea. After 2 doctors visits and 3 days with an eyepatch, the doctor agreed too much was used. The person who did mine the second time (I moved) refunded my costs of the doctor and told me I could get touch ups for life. I will more than likely go to someone else, but thats years to come. Healing time was about 2 weeks for soreness to go away and the flaking to disappear.

**about the cornea, it was a temporary situation....

**about the cornea, it was a temporary situation. The analgesic used "burned" off some of the cornea. When i got home, I became extremely sensitive to light, and my right eye was burning to keep it open. Made an eye dr visit ASAP. Its chalked up to an abrasion like injury (think of scraping your mascara wand across your eye). The cornea heals itself - however if I had waited to seek medical attention, the injury could have been worse, such as temporary or partial blindness. I just had to listen to my eye.

I chose the providers both online for the area I was in.

Glad you didn't lose your sight! Goodness! I had the lower eyeliner done, and it was awesome for about 5 days... then the ink just disappeared! Can you please tell me what the secret is so I can get this done for the last time!

I'm so glad to hear that even with complications you still thought it was worth it!

I'm a bit confused with what happened to your cornea though. Can you explain that a bit more to us? Is there any permanent damage??