REALLY Worried...upper and lower bleph incisions are getting thicker as they heal!

I have to say although I'm worried I lived my...

I have to say although I'm worried I lived my doctor and wonder if I'm worrying about nothing? This is what lead me to this group. I did act hypersensitive under local and 4mg of Xanax. I woke up toward the end and pain was excruciating feeling the last of the procedure. I felt terrible for stressing the team out after remembering I was begging them to stop! I had uppers and lowers. First fear is I think my lower incisions might be too low??

My eyes are big though and have always been shaped differently then others, assuming maybe it was cut much lower then normal for a reason?? My skin did not like the stitches and he had to pull skin away to get to them which opened the line up a little (bled after). It's only 7 days after but scars are bulky, thick and red. I'm afraid I will look like this forever. My right eye has felt like a piece of mascara fake is up under there (it's not) and hurts to keep open and waters allot. Really scared. :( I went in post op and he said more ice. Has anyone seen cuts this low and what can I do for thick scaring? :( Thank you ...

Ok..so my eye isn't scratchy and flooding with...

Ok..so my eye isn't scratchy and flooding with tears trying to protect itself anymore (thank goodness)!!!. I have almost gotten over the light sensitivity as well which is nice. HOWEVER..Its been 10 days now and I feel the incisions are getting thicker, almost like RIDGES now, and I feel like a freak.:( I'm so worried that these will heal this way. Terrified actually. They say more ice and no touching but I don't know how that would take away a thick ridge of scar tissue. I think my lowers are too low also and would like feedback if it appears too low to you. I go back in to see my doctor this week and I want to be prepared as to what to say or ask if there is something I should do to make it better. My doctor used a tool for the procedure not laser. I will try and post new pictures in a minute so you can see todays. If you look at my other pics you will see how low my lower bleph incision is. I always thought it had to be under the lash? I'm so confused and really worried. Is this all normal? Thanks everyone... 10 days out and praying hard

Going to PS today after 2 weeks. There are so many...

Going to PS today after 2 weeks. There are so many issues here I think? I haven't heard from any doctors like others have on here. I'm border line freaking out feeling disfigured and mamed but Im also a drama queen at times and I'm not sure if its too soon to freak out for good reason. In my guy I don't think this is a good job but it could be ok I the future after healing??? : (

Getting better but nothing like what I expected...

Getting better but nothing like what I expected and I'm still worried I will be left with large puffy scars. It's now 18 days out. Eyes are odd shaped.. But I do notice in my before they were slightly as well from one another. Hoping the swelling will keep going down and scars incision area stops bothering me. Opinions?

I got my stitches out on the 3rd day. I asked my dr on Weds why so quickly because it seemed like everyone else was a week or more? He said it reduces scarring and the railroad track look. So, I don't know if it's related to all the problems everyone is having scarring, but there it is.
Oh also the side you sleep on will swell more, thats normal. Time, time, time:-)
Refresh Real tears eye drops, the surgery gives you dry eye and makes them irritated, the healing will be faster if you moisten your eyes several times a day, my dr said "every hour if you feel like it", arnica creme will help the scarring and bruising, cold packs (frozen peas work great) wrapped in a clean damp cloth for a few minutes at a time on each eye. My dr took my stitches out on day 3, he said it reduces the railroad track look. I'll post an update pic later.
Wenry, what's going on with your post op status, and how are you doing? I'm sure I'm not the only one worried about you...
I too hope that all is well with you.
I had a very similar experience, but I trust my PS.. Thr scars seemed sothick, swelling was horrible, recently it is much better and continues to look better everyday. It's been 3 months and they are healing they way I had hoped. I leaned that no one person health the same and each eye will heal at a different pace as well. I am a swelled, and a bit over reactive at times. I was expecting the healing that most posted that are on This site. Trust you will look great, time .. Time .. Time.. Is your friend . I'll posted my photos this weekend. I am may be having a small revision on my right eye, as a small cyst ( only really noticable ) that has not corrected itself yet. Keep the faith, and you are individual, and wlll heal as such. Hope this was helpfull.
Derma E Scar Gel http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/itemid=75229
I think you look really pretty
I no exactly what you are feeling! I also had upper & lower bleph in feb 2013. My lower scars are similar to yours & I am also horrified that they will not heal & I will always have a giant scar under my eye!! My Dr. Is also avoiding me & if I hear just give it time one more time I'm gonna freak out. We are in the same boat & I woul love to hear more about your recovery as I will tell you mine. You are one of the 1st women I have found I'm my situation.
Hey sorry to hear you are having such a stressful recovery! I am on my 9th day post op and starting to worry about my upper incision not healing so well too. I am trying to be patient at this point as I am early in the recovery process. I was able to find the product that catmobile recommends at http://deannas-beauty-bag.myshopify.com/collections/scar-products for $49. I have ordered it. Hopefully they have fast shipping! Good luck with your recovery. I pray it all works out in the end.
Wenry, I can now see more clearly what you speak of in reference to your scarring. I would go in for a consult with a specialist for a second opinion before I have anymore surgery done. Keeping in mind that there is a limited amount of skin to work with in that area. I live in Houston also and Dr. Soparker is known as the premier go to guy when it comes to the eyes in this area. He is an oculoplastic surgeon, so eyes are his specialty. I actually went to see him approx. 10 yrs. ago because I wanted to have some work done on my eyes. He refused to do any surgery at that time, stating that doing so would make my eyes look worse not better because I did not have enough excess skin to work with. Now, of course I can use a whole lot of help in several different areas, but I have health issues to contend with. Anyway I just wanted to share that with you. Best wishes to you.
I am going in today at 11. I am not sure what he will say this week. One of my eyelids are very think compared to the other and Im not sure if its from the thick scar just above it that dips down into my eye a bit or if its normal swelling? Why would one be so swollen and not the other though? My eyes still feel bruised to the touch and the scars are horribly thick, the even feel like high ridges of tough skin. I don't know what to do..I hope he offers help to reduce the way the scars have healed. I cant afford surgery again, I could barely afford it this time but for once spent my income tax on myself because I am going into the job market again at 43 and raising children. :( Stressing
who did this to you?what does your doctor say? if there are revisions to be done,he had better step up to the plate and do the right thing.....if you need to contact me in private,my email adress is colleenlawson@comcast.net
I can't reveal his name yet because I am trying to give the benefit of a doubt that this is normal?? Ughhh Believe me, after todays visit, if I am still upset I will give much more info. He is a very kind person so I am holding off rocking the boat yet. Its been 14 days. I dont see it going in a good direction BUT I pray it does. I cannot afford another surgery, this was a once in a life time opportunity and so I jumped on it after seeing his credentials were all good. I couldn't find anything bad about him. I will never be right again if this is the best it gets and I cant imagine living life looking like a monster. My eyes had always been my asset and my hair..unfortunately through stress and lifes hurdles my hair had thinned horribly and my eyes got so old looking fast. This was to help me feel good again. Ha! :( I posted originally to see if ANYONE else had pictures that looked like mine..but, there aren't ay. :( Are you in Houston? My email is wenry2004@yahoo.com. I need to write you personally too.
My doctor today said that I am still very swollen which makes the incision scars big and puffy too. He said its very common and not to worry but that I do need to massage the incision areas, keep ice on it and blood pressure down as well as activity. I see him again in 2 weeks. Praying! He said its too soon to use a steroidal cream or anything like that...just needs time
i hope that is the case...stating your doctors name is to protect yourself also dear... Plastic surgery is not for the faint of heart and every one is different,and everyone heals differently.it is a journey of openness and honesty. We are all here to help each other. Before i had my revisional lower blepharoplasty,i asked my surgeon for permission to blog about this journey as much for positive refer-all for him as well as some amount of insurance for myself that i would be a little more than just a number and a blank palette. Someone has to be held accountable. No one wants to intentionally do harm to anyone,especially a surgeon. We know this,but in the same sense,if there is a problem,then a good surgeon will step up to the plate and attempt to correct it. Things do change as the body heals,i want you to not feel despondent,. I too have gone through ups and downs but have found a lot of solace in this forum....Colleen
Wenry, Thank you so much for sharing your results. I hope that you are able to get the end results you are looking for. I naturally have lines under my eyes that sit low like your. Every time I have read an article about eye surgery, it states that incision are made close to the lash line making it as inconspicuous as possible? May I ask who you doctor is? Did he do all 4 lids for 2500 dol? Perhaps if they offer laser therapy, it can be added to help tighten the area, and thereby lift the scar? Canthopexy plasty can help tighten the corners offering some lift as well. Keep in mind that one (plasty) is more intense than a pexy
(Sorry adding to my previous statement as I hit the enter button by mistake). a
Doggoneit hit it again...sorry. Canthoplasty involves cutting muscles, so be very careful. Be sure to allow proper time to heal regardless. Thanks for sharing, wishing you the best .
it does seem that the incision is very low but that it will heal .. thats thhe thing about these procedures,it takes months for the results to be evident. i know it is scary,i myself had revisional eyelid surgery exactly 30 days ago because the first surgery left me with a strange ripple and wrinkles under my eyes that was not normal.now this doctor did a lower eyelid revision with a canthoplasty to lift up the ends of my eyes and it looks strange also. i am just hoping and praying that it will relax and heal so that it will all be normal also.dont despair,it just takes ...... ill pray for you... colleen
I am 9 weeks PostOp and still use bioCorneum scar supervision creme lightly on my upper eyelid incision. It seems to help the incision heal smoother.
Do you have any pictures you have posted or could? Does it feel bumpy or like a ridge or did it? Im only using bacitracin right now, I need a better cream.
Yes, I have a before and after pic posted, You cannot see the ridge, but early in my recovery I had some unevenness and a slight ridge. The silicone bioCorneum creme helped smooth it out, and so will time, I hope.
Is that a prescription or over the counter? I want to be proactive now rather then keep waiting for future apts when it could have been helped. I know doctors keep poker faces when it comes to uh ohs so.., never know if its really bad or not. I can't afford a redo. I really couldn't afford this. To describe my eyes now it appears like I have a glass eye and so the balance isn't right. It's been 11 data so maybe things can still change. Including the thick scar ridges :(
Over the counter. You can find it online.