I'm at the Very Beginning of my Tummy Tuck Journey - Spring Hill, FL

I'm at the very beginning of my tummy tuck journey...

I'm at the very beginning of my tummy tuck journey. I have dreamed of getting a TT for so long ,over 15 years. Now is the time for "ME". I was searching the Internet for something else and this site popped up. That was 3 days ago and I've been on here nonstop. I am so happy I found you all. Your stories have given me the courage to turn a dream into reality. I feel so connected to you all . When you are looking in your bathroom mirror at your belly you feel like you are the only one with this unwanted Burden. It is exhausting , the energy you put into hiding this thing. You have written the things I have thought for so long. Hiding it from you husband , never letting him touch your belly . not swimming or even putting a bathing suit on cause someone might see "it". I want to be done with it.

So What questions should I be asking the PS I meet? Is there anything you didn't ask that you wished you did?

Hi wants a tt! I am searching now too! I live close to you in New Port Richey fl!! I just got done with a consult with Dr fiala by Orlando. He does such a beautiful job!!His results are stella but you pay for it too!!:I had a consult with Dr polecritti in spring hill. I know 2 people that had mommy makeovers by him and they look good and are so happy. The only thing is he is not finished getting his board certification. And that makes me alittle uncomfortable. Have you seen a ps yet?
I'm so glad to hear from you. No I have not seen anyone I just looked around on this site I want to loose a few more pounds and save a little more $ don't think I would go to that Dr. In Springhill my self either no certification concerns me too. I looked at a few Dr. In Orlando. But wasn't sure If it was too far to travel. Would you mind sharing the price Dr Fiala gave? I am going to look him up right now to see his photos. I don't have insurance so paying out of pocket
He is pricey but you will see his work is awesome. For an extended tt with lipo to flanks outter and inner thighs it is 13, 300. I am also having a consult with dr paul albear in lutz and dr r ambay. I will let you know. Another reasonsble dr is dr loessin with premere center in tampa. I have not consulted with yet. All of this is not covered by insurance. The premere center has alot of loan
Wow thank you so much for the info I want to also add some lipo if possible I need the inner thighs, flank and a pelvic lift to get rid of the pooch. I figure if I'm doing it I better fix as much as I can I guess that's where it starts getting expensive once you start adding things on.
And you will be buying a bikini! ( if you want) :)
:)))
And I agree about muscle repair! It cinched me in like a girdle! I have always has a big appetite and its gone! Those muscles holding in my stomach have made it difficult for me to over eat which is awesome for me! I wish I had done before measurements to see what it did for my waist, it's very noticeable and awesome! Keep us posted!
Good suggestion about measurements , will do
Best of luck! And good job finally giving yourself this gift! You will feel so awesome!
Hi hi I had a full muscle repair with tummy tuck & 2hernias fixed into the bargain which I didn know I had but I did have a incling of something being wrong as my tummy was so big I looked preg even though I wasn't, docs ran tests & said I'd ibs!! So even though u do be sore&stiff ect it's so worth it!! Just make sure u ask the ps .. Will u have dog ears& if so can he flatten u so that u don't!!
I will ask about these dog ears.are they very noticable are they on the ends of the incision line?
Dog ears are an easy fix. Under local inthe office Iif it happens. Ps will fix for no charge. Make sure you ask all ps about there revision policy and they should all have one. On dr fialas website he his info on questions to aska ps when choosing.
I don't have dog ears !!
Jurico123,I'm glad you connected with me you seem very informed about this process and I thank you for all the help.please let me know how things work out for you I hope it's wonderful I'm probably A year away from doing this. Must save more.that 13,300 payment freaked me out a little I do need more then just a basic TT
:-)
thanks! TT Im planning on Feb 2014 and I have been reading and reading as much as I can. You won't find a better more informative sight. Don't forget you can ask "the doctors" on this web sight any question you have on any issue. Plus you can check to see if someone else, has already asked a question you may be thinking of that is already answered. :)
Will do :)
Make sure you will get muscle repair. I didn't and that is my only regret. I didn't find this site unit a few days after my TT. I wish I had found it sooner. Even with that, I would do it again in a second. You are so right about how We all feel the same about looking in the mirror, and being touched. Look at my before and after. It really is amazing. Good luck and welcome to RS.
Thank you for telling me about the muscle repair I thought when you get a full tummy tuck they do that as well. I will add that to my question list for sure.
Just saw you pics . I think you look wonderful. I can't wait.
No problems chick, were all on here to help each other we're all going through the same!! Huggles x