He and His Staff Have Been So Great to Me. I Really Appreciate It. - Spartanburg, SC

It is no fun to wear a prosthesis. You are always...

It is no fun to wear a prosthesis. You are always so uncomfortable with it riding up or it is so hot. With a breast reconstruction you can do all the things (like swimming, etc.) that you could not (or would not) do without a breast.

I am very happy with my reconstruction. Just be realistic though. It will not look like your other breast for awhile and you do have scars. I had radiation, chemo, and breast removal. It has been great to have something to put back in place. Overall I am very pleased with my results.

You are very welcome. I hope it helps her. It certainly helped me.
Yes, I was scared a little, but these drugs are just waiting in FDA approval and they are just running trials to backup their data. Does your mom have breast cancer or someother kind of cancer. They have so many different treatment options now. I did chemo first, then surgery, then radiation. Depending on each individual situation they put together a treatment plan that suits that patients needs. It is good that your mom is strong and independent. This will help her in the long run. I know it is hard to accept help but is best to let her determine how much help she needs in order to retain her sense of self. Here is the kind of help I had. My sister came and cleaned my house for me twice a week for a year and a half. This helped me to conserve my energy for work and treatments. Maybe your mom could accept help like that. Tell her I said it was a big thing for my sister to do and it helped her knowing that she was helping me. This past July I took her to Montana (on plane tickets that I won at work) because she had always wanted to go there. We had a ball. That was my thank you.

Thank you for reminding me that I need to let my mom choose how much help she needs...sometimes its hard to remember, and you are right. Yes, she has breast cancer. She had the tumor removed, is going through chemo now, and will have a  little resting period before she starts radiation.

I really love the help your sister gave you. I have a sister I am very close to also, so stories about sisters always hit a soft spot in my heart. What would we do without siblings?!!

Thank you for all you have shared with me. You are an exceptional person!

Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Orseck is a brillant surgeon. He has done a great job on my breast reconstruction. I would recomment him to anyone. Everyone that I talked to before going to him said that he was really nice and a great surgeon. He has more than lived up to his reputation so far. After talking with him at the initial consultation I felt so much better after he explained what he was going to do and that it would take several steps to achieve this. I have one more step to go. I am sure that I will be happy with the results.