I Am So Scarred.... 6 Weeks Post Fraxel Restore - Spain

I have very sensitive eastarn europe skin, i am...

i have very sensitive eastarn europe skin, i am 34, i actually was quite happy with my skin except that i had oily skin and visible pores on my cheeks. but I had very firm skin.

My doctor mentiond to try this new fantastic treatment. Its now six weeks...and i see my face aged 5 years, the skin is loose with e crepey texture, it has lost all its vitality, fresh and tight look. My former pronounced cheeks are hollow now and my jawline became uneven( as if my face has sagged down 1 cm). I have bleakheads all over and huge pores where i never had before, as well i have this little lines on my cheeks which others report.

I'm so depressed that I am crying all the time. What the hell have I done.

I asked for my settings and the gave me: energy 15, level 8, passes 8. is this a too high setting? Please let me know what can I do...? Will my skin ever will become what it was?

Hello I wish I found this website before having fraxel and not after...I am 34 and got only one fraxel restore dual procedure to treat a small surgical scar on my nose and a couple of small and not deep acne scars on my chin and lower cheeks aera..I now have orange peel texture with tiny dots connecting into lines, fine lines on my chin, bad texture with poor elasticity...I am devastated. My doctor who is the top laser specialist in the country denied my concerns and told me that no side effects like these could occur. He told me to let it heal and that my skin would get better... I would like advise on what products to use to help my skin recover. Do some people with similar damages have seen improvement over time? Please no horror stories..I've read them all and I am stressed and upset enough.. Thanks
So happy you have healedlitschi!! Completely? Did you have orange peel texture (like crepey orange-peel texture, orange peel texture holes)? I have the orange peel texture going on....it i awful, you're right :( Any advice is truly helpful/much appreciated!! :)
How are you doing after your second treatment?
I didn't get a second treatment. It's been 8 months and most of my hyperpigmentation is all but gone, but that was not an experience I'd want to repeat. I see these posts, and I empathize with people, but I would say to all, again.. give it time and leave it alone. 6 weeks is way too early to know what you're dealing with. My skin looks better, but not worth the stress I went through, definitely NOT. good luck to all.
Ho bowman,

my 2nd treatment was very light settings, there fore the damage is light and not as noticable as the 1st time. healing goes quick. My skin looks ok, nothing to worry about, a little bit dry and more stretchy but no severe textural issues, no cat scratches no lines, and no vissible holes, and I know it will get betterin 2 months...

xo
I am so happy for you!! I am hoping for the same results!!
Thank GOd!!!i have to say that things got a lot better and my skin became much more elastic, firm and better toned by now ( 8 months post fraxel...i just did one fraxel treatment) I went to a derm in May and she told me to do nothing to my skin and to give time to my skin to heal alone, i am 34 and according to her at this age the skin still has a lot of power to regenerate fully....she injected me 3 times vitamines ( mesotheraphy) spaced 3 weeks and gave me some powerful Antioxidant Vitamin pills to give to my body all important nutrients to help regenerate...and except this, I have done nothing, just moistering cream for sensitive skin, Sun protector 50 all the time, and thermal water spray to keep it moistoire, I tried not to read any negative stories so I avoided these kind of forums...because emotional stress creates oxidants, which are attacking yor cells and degenerate skin...so more horrified and scared you are, more stress it creates...not good!!!you get depressed etc...and look at people which are depressed or unhappy due to somo incident in their life ( no skin treatmenT), they look older, haggard, sad...your skin is a mirror of your soul..and if your soul is tortured your skin will reflect this, and in our case having done this agressive treatment where good regeneration of collagen, elastin, cells is everything...this kind of stress multiplicates the damage not allowing to heal properly. So my recomendation is, Stay away from Internet, dont be obsessed with the mirror and the changes to your skin ( it will get back to normal if you allow), sleep at least 8 h, drink a lot of water, eat well or take high quality vitamin supplements, practise sport to help blood circulation, and try to convince yourself that you will look good again...its a question of time. your skin is weakend, so stay away from agressive creams and further treatments or surgery, the best thing is even to stay away from any meds, they only will talk you into some more treatments ( to earn money) you will only achieve to weaken your skin even more. Try 1 whole year to do nothing, except the things I have mentioned above and your will see that your skin recuperates!!! Good luck to everybody

Thanks Litschi,

This is really good info. I agree reading negative things when you are already worried about something does seem to make people more depressed. I'm glad to hear you stayed positive and things are working out, please keep us updated and please help to keep other members positive.

Thanks,

-Britt

I love your post, thank-you!! You are so right. You can drive yourself crazy and depressed by reading all of these stories. Let yourself heal. I have gone to 3 doctors now who all say the same thing: leave your skin alone and let it heal! Thank-you for the good common sense..
these settings are very VERY superficial basically they were only using 20% of the lasers strength so this is really shocking i am very sorry about this i experienced it too It just goes to show that even at very superficial low settings this laser can be very damaging
It could have been the older machine which would have been very aggressive.

Good point Bowman! Thanks for the info.

-Britt

I am so sorry this has happened to you...same thing happened to my daughter (awalk) she tried everything possible to undo her damage and was researching and looking for a doctor to do some fat grafting. Unfortunately she passed with her face damaged and herself mentally tortured with self believ and anger that someone did this to her based on lies and deciet of the TRUE facts. I hope and pray you can find someone to repair your ace and that you have before and after records and photos..... find a lawyer before your statue of limitations run out. Don't self blame and try to stay positive that a resolution is in your future. Your face is only the image to your soul...... you have your soul and family and friends that love you for you. You can and WILL get through this. Unfortnatley it may take longer than the proceduer that did this..but stay positive..depression is a killer of your soul and will deprive you of you spirit and drive to overcome this! Praying for you! Sincerely Cherry lane

hey i got a question and i hope you reply......my story is the same my so called friend made up a lie story so i could go get this laser surgery done....well i went thru co2 laser on oct 4 for scars(not acne scar) and all it did was make em worse and now my whole face is full of scars.....it has faded a lil tho in the last 2 months i been so down and suicidal....i paid to get a better skin but the dr messed everything up.....well my question to you is that how is your daughters face now? is it still the same? or did the scars went away?? pls reply to me. thnx.

Tell me how your skin is now. Did it get any better? I am worried that my skin will turn out like yours - I had CO2 laser skin resurfacing 13 days ago and my face and neck are still red and scaly, I have many more pimples and acne, and the lines around my mouth are worse. Please tell me your skin got better over time!