Too Soon to Tell - Spain, ES

2 days ago I had 4 on 1 placed, all teeth on the...

2 days ago I had 4 on 1 placed, all teeth on the top were removed 4 implants put in, I think the teeth look great,but as I am so swollen it's difficult to see them, I am also black and blue from my nose down to my chin,I'm sure it will all subside in time, I wish I had been told about all this before the operation was done.

5 days on the swelling has subsided (thank...

5 days on the swelling has subsided (thank heavens) all the bruising is coming out and I can actually see my teeth still sore but have stopped taking pain meds.I am pleased with my new teeth,anything has to be better than the old ones!!!Have just got to learn how to use them. If anyone can eat a steak after all this i would like to see them.It takes at least 4 months before the implants could handle it.

It's nearly 2 weeks since I had my 4 on 1 done and...

It's nearly 2 weeks since I had my 4 on 1 done and I am pleased to say things have really improved, the swelling has gone,the bruising is now yellow and I can smile at last,I had to have some stitches removed as they were causing painfull problems, just have to cross fingers that the implants take! All in all I am more optimistic now....
Clinica Torres.

Just one other comment: After my surgery, It did finally sink in my brain of why they call it, major surgery!! which included bruising and swelling!! I know they told me what to expect but you really don't know until you actually go through it I guess, at least that was the way it was for me.
I'm so glad it wasn't just me that had this experience, I wasn't told until just after the surgery that it would become inflamed and even then I was surprised to find just how much it all swelled. Having a tooth pulled is a piece of cake eh! and not having to take out the dentures to clean them is such a bonus.Can't wait to see what the final ones look like.I'm not a big steak eater so it doesn't really bother, would just like to eat some peanuts,havn't had them for years! and Thankyou for your comments!
The peanut thing made me chuckle, as I to love peanuts and almonds. Hope it will be okay to have them once the perms come in, I should ask about that. Reason being when I called Clear Choice a few times when they weren't opened because I had a hemotoma, on their recording it said, "if you have a broken tooth" call some number. That message stuck in my mind because Clear Choice is not a regular dental office.
Be sure and keep them clean. The first three weeks I rinsed my mouth with water, followed by a rinse provided by the dentist. When I went back for a check up, three weeks later, he gave me a water pik, and I use that every night, plus I lightly brush them and floss under them, as per his instructions. Sometimes during the day, food will get under them, and I rinse my mouth following meals too.
I have read on one of these web-sites that you shouldn't eat boiled sweets or nuts or anything like that, but they were referring to single tooth implants as they could chip the tooth as they are made from porcelain... I don't really know about the 4 on 1, if I can't eat peanuts I'm afraid I will have to suck them first ha!ha!
If you don't mind me asking, could you please tell me what was the cost of the procedure? I am currently thinking of having the 4 on 1 done. Thanks
Hi Lisa, the price I paid $38,500.00 dollars. Had mine done at Clear Choice, San Diego, California. Price range "may" be different for each individual depending "I think" for however much needs to be done. And of course "everything" done in one day for the full procedure and leave the same day with a full set of teeth that are not removable, only by your doctor. Thanks for asking~
Thanks for answering! I am currently wearing a denture and I hate it. My husband tells me to give it time because its only been a week. My mind was set on having implants but my dentist refused to do it because I am a smoker
Lisa, I'm a smoker also!! Find another doctor sweetheart. About 2 years ago I started using electric cigs and I use them when I'm around a bunch of non smokers. And I love regular cigs too. You know that cigs get blamed for everything now-a-days and nobody has to look at an individual's personal world for problems because they have a new scapegoat they can blame instead. People always have to find blame for something, happened in the Garden of Eden; Adam blamed Eve, Eve blamed the serpent, nobody takes responsibility for very much!! God commanded Adam (not EVE) not to eat the fruit. And Eve was deceived by the serpent. For you, its you that has to live inside of your body, not your husband. Do what makes you feel more comfortable and happy because Hubby will benefit from your happiness!!!! Remember: doctors are in their own world so tell them what they want to hear. Does that make sense for you???? My thoughts and heart are with you.
Lisa, I am going back to my dentist in a few days. He does nothing but implants. I will ask him if he refuses to do them on a smoker. I bet he doesn't. I am curious though, and I will ask him. I am sure he prefers that you not smoke, but whether he out and out refuses to do the procedure on a smoker, I don't know. I paid $50,000 for my all on four procedure. I know that is a lot of money but my husband got a settlement and I used some of the money to have the implants done. I believe Clear Choice is less expensive and there are several others....so check around.
All dentist are against smoking, even CC. They are fearful that the implants won't take because of smoking and warn you that they don't want the responsibility or to invest their time or yours. I had one tooth implant some years ago and had no problems. Smoking causes vitamin deficiency, so what I am doing is eating right and taking supplements during my recovery, CC does only implants also, they just don't want to hear your smoking~
Curious here. Did you quit smoking? Is there evidence that implants fail if you smoke? My brother said his dentist told him to quit. He cut down before his implants then after a month went back to smoking. So far he's had no problems and its been close to five years. I'm having my procedure - all on 4 done this coming Thursday and I was given Chantix to stop smoking and the warnings are worse than smoking!
No I did not quit smoking. I smoke regular cigarettes, but use my electric's which are wonderful, V2 cigs.com, I use coffee flavor cartridges or red flavor cartridges, when around friends, family or when I know I have an appointment with dentist I use my electric. My other dentist believes I was loosing my teeth because of smoking, that's what dentist believe, but he didn't know my history of being a sugar lover, like ice cream before going to bed, literally eating sugary things though out a day. That's what I think, it's diet, what you eat and drink sometimes. Some of it is the body getting old and withering just like plants, flowers, and food that's made from the ground as we are, we are organic. Doctors don't know everything, only what they choose to learn.
I went in to have a cleaning and I asked the technician if they did implants on people who smoke, and she told me about 70% of the people who get implants smoke, and while they don't like to see it, they haven't noticed that it caused that many problems. I was sort of surprised when she told me that, but that's exactly what she said.
Thank you byugal. I'll file that info. I'm trying very hard to stop smoking but with the surgery looming and everything else going on in my head I'm finding it a very difficult task. My husband bought me some Nicout filters to cut down the nicotine and tar. I tried the Chantix and it made me feel creepy so I stopped but I'm heeding to tottcaterings message to tell the Dr. What he wants to hear. I'll post an update after my surgery this week.
Good luck to you. Let us know how it goes. Don't be afraid. Let us know if you need any moral support.
Meant to say, I have had friends who tried Chantix to quit smoking and while it worked for one of them, the other one said the same thing you did. She didn't elaborate, but the feelings she had scared her and she quit.
Thank you byugal. I appreciate the support you've given to date. I have many emotions going on right now and I didn't realize it's making my husband a wreak. He's so worried more than I. So I decided yesterday to not mention all the "failed" implant studies I've been reading. LOL. I know I need to do this while I have a chance. Another year and I'm in dentures. I do not want dentures. So that's where my mind is at the moment. As for the Chantix it scared me. Very negative thoughts run through your brain. Thoughts of self loathing and being ugly- not worth a damn for anything. I didn't make it a week and I was jittery like someone had a live wire attached to my body and for fun kept zapping it. I saw halos and distortion and i saw the signs of paranoid behavior surfacing. I'll try the filters for now!
You're going to Dr. Golpa, aren't you? I can't quit researching dental implants...although I have already had mine, and I am very pleased with my doctor, but I think if I couldn't have gone to my Dr. Brueggen, here in Houston, I would have gone to Dr. Golpa. He has excellent reviews So, try not to think about implants failing. I think a lot of it depends on the experience of the doctor doing the work. Just follow his instructions on taking care of them, and do whatever he tells you, and you are going to do fine. I didn't want dentures either, and I am so glad I got implants. I have a friend who got dentures just before I got my implants and she has had nothing but problems. I feel so badly for her. Most of the time she doesn't wear them when she is at home. She said they were so big, she couldn't close her lips around them. They are making her another set now...but it has been misery for her, plus she was without any teeth at all for months. I am so happy with mine. It is like a miracle.
Hi Las Vegas local, your going to be nervous and afraid naturally. For me I was looking at the same thing as you, dentures!! What motivated me was how my teeth just started falling apart within months and I was afraid of how I looked to others at work because you have to smile. That became my focus and I saw so many beautiful results of everyone's smiles after denture implants. I got mine done at Clear Choice. As the days got closer to the surgery I got even more afraid. And you know what, it was just fine. Also what will help, eat better foods that are full of vitamins and good nutrition during your recovery time, it will make your psych feel better and if you feel better it will help your recovery as well and you'll be just fine. I even bought a few cases of Ensure at Costco, very cheap when you buy a whole case, for added nutrients that your body will use. I noticed even my nails started growing faster. I started making my own juices as well, do that a couple of times a day if you can. You'll be amazed. Just get those veggies and fruits going into your body.
I have the nutrition in the bag. My mother is Asian and growing up we ate tons of veggies, fruit and fish. Although I eat a lot of American food now my husband I got into juicing back in Jan. when my boss brought a juicer to work. My boss saw a movie called "Fat, sick and nearly dead" bought the juicer and made us all watch the movie. He makes the entire office a juice concoction everyday. It also helps that we work in a produce distribution company. My only vise is smoking. Ok well, I cuss like a sailor too but only on the golf course-LOL. When I had my two teeth extracted early May my husband picked up Ensure since I have no choppers now on my right side an only a few molars on the left that are loose and problematic. So I've been supplementing with that all month. My diet will be better I think when I can chew again. I've been on liquid stuff - juice, soup, ensure for so long I can't wait to eat something subtantial. Real food! Now, if I can just put the cigs down I'd be in great shape. Thanks tott for the advise and your insight. It's amazing the help I've gotten on this site which I stumbled on during all my research. I never heard of this site before. Glad to be here chatting with you and byugal.
Yes byu -I'm going to Dr. golpa. At this minute I'm waiting for them to call. They called me at work an hour ago and all hell was going on so I couldn't talk so they said they'd call me back at home. I hope to be very happy, ecstatic in fact. I have high expectation from Dr. Golpa. I know one thing for sure - it's better than dentures!
Hi, I had mine done December 21, 2012 and so far I'm good! They gave me an appointment for late April to have the permanents put in, so we'll see what happens. Hey I did get to have a steak the other day, couldn't believe how tender it was, barely any chewing. Must have been marinated or something. I just wanted to say I was very surprised also with my own experiences and its true its different for everybody. I to wondered how come nobody said certain things that happened to me to. I had one experience that I blogged and did have one person (1) that had the same experience as me and he said nobody else has ever commented about it so it probably was just the two of us. It looks like there are stages of sort through out the healing process. What is normal, not sure, because we are individuals in the long run. Happy for you!!
Sounds like you are happy with them (so am I), and that is what matters in the long run. BTW, my doctor told me I have to come back every 3 months from now until forever. Did your doctor tell you anything like that? I've been back for two check ups so far, but they haven't removed them. I guess they don't remove them until they put the permanent ones in.
My doctor has said nothing about 3 month visits,I have to go back in 2 weeks and then I wont be seeing him until November as I have to go away, so I will be watching what I eat for the next 6 months. I suppose you are talking about the sutures at the end of your post. I was told that they dissolve on their own,I hope so as some are really annoying,I will ask the doctor when i return.By for now.