Had to change the date, Guess I have a long time to prepare!

I have had 3 boys all by c section and they have...

I have had 3 boys all by c section and they have done a number on my stomach! My sons are 13, 8(he lives in heaven), and 3. With my first son I gained 65 pounds and he was almost 9 pounds yikes! I didn't gain as much with my second son and then barely any with my last one. I have hated my stomach for the past 13 years and I am finally going to go for it! I am extremely nervous and excited at the same time. I am down to my ideal weight of 110 and ready to have a flat tummy again. Dr. Kasden in Southlake will be doing my tummy tuck! I will keep y'all posted on my progress! Anyone have any tips for me??

I'm starting to have second thoughts and wonder if...

I'm starting to have second thoughts and wonder if it will be worth it! I hate feeling like this because I've wanted a new tummy for so long. I just get so confused and wonder if the long recovery is worth getting rid of a little extra skin! I know I will still have a lot of stretch marks left and on top of it a new very long scar! I really need so encouragement!

Do to my husbands business, upcoming vacation and...

Do to my husbands business, upcoming vacation and a son entering high school I had to change my date. We have had our vacation planned for awhile and my doctor said I may not be feeling up to it. Don't want to disappoint my boys! So my PS scheduled it in December since starting in July I will be a very busy band mom! It seems so far away but I know it will be here before I know it! I'm still excited to see how everyone is doing as I prepare!

Today is the day! Sending healing vibes your way!
Dec 30th is around the corner! I know you must be more than ready. Don't back out! You're be just fine. I'm scheduled for a TT and thigh lipo on Dec 19th. Good luck with yours.
Just wanted to let you know, you've chosen a good doctor. I love dr. kasden!
Sorry to hear you had to postpone. Be careful though. For me it never was a good time and next thing ya know years went by. Wish i did it 10yrs ago.
I know I hope that doesn't happen to me. It's hard trying to make sure ill be able to be down for the amount of time I need. We live in Texas but my husband works in Kansas. So he is gone half the month and home the other half. Works really busy for him and he wants to make sure he can be home for at least 3 weeks before he has to leave me alone. The traveling is hard but it's our only option right now. Your surgery is coming up! Can't wait to see the after pics! Good luck!
tell him to put those 3weeks on the calendar so nothing else takes it's place! yeah 3 more days for me. IF i don't get sick! it's going around my house and i am starting to feel run down. trying to get everything done and not sleeping well because i am thinking too much. praying i don't get sick.
Don't have second thoughts! I'm 2 1/2 weeks PO and really the only surprise is how long the swelling lasts.. If you look at the stats a TT has the highest satisfaction score.. 98 percent..Since your doing it now, you'll be ready for summer time:)
Thanks Mia! I'm glad you are recovering well! I have my preop Wednesday so hopefully the doctor will ease my fears!
Aww M, we've all ( or most) been there! I have been there for sure! Totally normal to start second guessing yourself, wondering if it's worth it or not! Are you doing it for the right reason? Is the scar worth it? Is taking some much needed rest for recovery worth it?! YES YES YES! :) The scar, I didn't even think about because for one, I had a scar from my c-sections and for two, who is going to see it? YOU!! And whoever else you choose to show it to! :) I think you must have thought about a TT significantly to schedule a Dr and appt to have it done! Remind yourself why you want it! You want to feel good about yourself, not ashamed of your tummy or continue to try to hide it! Feel good in your clothing! You will be amazed and so happy with your results! You are already tiny! We are Moms and I believe all Moms who have had problems with getting their tummies back, deserve this chance! Do it for yourself! Treat yourself to a rockin ab body! You go girl! :)
Lacey you've done it again and lifted my spirits! If I could just get a fourth of your positive attitude I'd be doing great! That my new motto stay positive!
I agree with Lacey. I'm sure you have spent most of your life taking care of others, now do something for yourself. The recovery can be tough, but after having babies it will be a walk in the park for you. I say go for it!
My attitude hasn't always been positive! I thought the worst too. Lost alot of sleep worrying about this and that.. All the way up to the day of my surgery. Day of my surgery I was calm as a pickle! :) Ultimately, you are going to have to be the one to decide if this is for you... But as Mia said, 98% happy TT'ers.. That's insanely high for this type of surgery, that alone would give me a little piece of mind..That's women who are of all different sizes, pain tolerances etc... I wish you the best of luck at your pre-op :) Be sure to let us know how it goes!
Hi, I'm still recovering. I had my surgery on the 19th and all I could think afterwards is, 'what have I done'. At 50, with 4 grown children, there was no aesthetic reason for the surgery in my mind. I hated trying to fit that bulge (other being) into my pants and it being squeezed by pantyhose and lifting it to put powder underneath to protect it. I have a few stretch marks left, and this huge scar, but I'd take them any day over the annoying roll that was only growing as I aged. So think about 10 to 20 years from now. It may require an outfit of its own! I also had the breasts to match the belly, they were fighting to sit in the same lap space. I love my new breast lift. No more powder!!! I actually added this piece of the surgery about week before surgery. Also, I signed a consent form for someone to use my skin in a study. So now there was really no turning back, modern science wanted that roll! It's a scary situation, but for me, and I think many here, it's not vanity, it's the discomfort of this skin on the body. I'm not sure when it all changed, but somehow it did. I think it's because there are more women in the workplace. I work and need to look professional, not have a wrestling match with the belly when squeezing into a bench at a restaurant. A bit long, still a bit uncomfortable, but very happy I went through with it. I wish you luck!
50forme, I thought the same thing about my age -- like why bother at this age. Even though I dont have huge amounts of skin/fat I did notice my belly is getting more pot bellyish the older i get. Even though i am in the best shape of my life! It just boils down to looking at it every day and thnking Yuk! Tired of that.
Well said 50.. Congrats!
I hate all these mixed emotions! Thank you for your story I love all the support from the ladies!
You are so close to your date. I woldnt back out now if i were you. I am like you too -- waited for 13 years after having big babies by c-section. And we are both at idwal weights. You will be so glad to have it done. Being a mom you must realize how fast time goes by. Before you know it you will forget the surgery and recovery and will be happy "in your own skin!".
I say go for it. I also came very close to cancelling, but I am happy I decided to move forward. I also had 3 babies and lost my middle child, just like you. The recovery is not easy, I'll be honest.....but it is worth it and definitely tolerable. Good luck to you!
Thank you! I really appreciate the encouragement!
If you have the money....I would go for it...there is no better thing than feeling better about yourself! You deserve it! I waited so long to get one and I am finally getting one at 47- wish I could have done this a ton earlier! Good luck doll!
Thankfully the money thing isn't the issue.I guess I just feel selfish. Thank you for your encouraging words. Just gotta keep my eye on the prize!
I think its pretty normal to get cold feet....I wouldn't let the nerves stop you.
Hi Mktay.. Wow our tummies were very similar. I notice you have deeper stretch marks on your sides just like I do! You will be surprised how many SM will go bye bye.. All the ones below should go.. For me the marks I have now are from what was above my BB.. I would never let SM stop you from getting a firm tight belly! It's just special reminders of our babies! The deep ones on the sides of my belly are really puffed out right now. I asked my PS about it and he said they will smooth out, it's just from the skin being pulled so tight. I'm personally not embarassed of them, the icky tummy was way worse for me! I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your son. :( could not imagine! I wish you the best of luck! Keep us posted! :)
Thank you Lacey3! You are right about the reminder of our babies! My boys are my world and I am so thankful for them. Thank you for your kind words about my son. He is greatly missed :( I love your confidence and hope to gain some more of my own! I will keep y'all posted! So glad to have people to talk to!