29 Years Old; 138 Lbs, 5'6 and Done Having Babies - Southlake, TX

I'm planning on having an extended tummy tuck with...

I'm planning on having an extended tummy tuck with breast lift and augmentation after losing around 80lbs. I'm unhappy about the amount of droop my boobs have. They look like uneven hanging pancakes . And my belly pooch isn't much better. I'm actually pretty thin but all this extra skin hides my lean figure.

Next week is my "boob fitting"

Sounds weird to say that I'm going to go get fitted for my boobs. And what an amusing conversation to have with my big sister that I want her to come along too for an outside opinion. Haha. But I think she's curious what its all about so she is secretly excited! ;)
I more nervous about the breast lift and implants than the tummy tuck, probably because I'm putting a foreign object into my body. I worry that since I'm doing it in just one stage the pressure from the implant will split apart the incision so maybe I should sacrifice a bigger size for safety's sake? Ideally I want to be a "C" cup but I know that's not an accurate way of measuring. As long as I can still sleep on my stomach I'm good. I'll be asking a lot of questions at my appointment and this time I'm writing them down so I don't draw a blank when I get there. Ugh.

Picture

One of my befores

A before pic

My befores are so embarrassing

Sometimes I doubt that there's anything anyone can do to fix how bad I look. But I'm tired of wondering if plastic surgery is the solution. I've wondered about it for years and now it have the chance to get it. If I chicken out now I'll always wonder" what if". Might as well do it while I'm still young and in good health. It's depressing for me trying to find girls on here that have bodies like mine. Most look so much better.

Your opinion...?

What kinds of questions did ya'll ask at your consultation? Everyone always asks the standard questions like where the line will be for a tummy tuck, scar care, or the pros and cons of saline vs. silicone, textured vs. smooth for breast augmentation, etc. But did anyone else have more specific, detailed questions? Something not so standard that one might not typically think of?

2nd Consultation...

Well, I just got back from my 2nd consultation in which I tried on different size implants and got to ask Dr. Bogdan a bunch of questions that I forgot to ask him before. I feel better after talking to him because I really don't think he would do something if he thought it was going to result badly.
Here are some questions that I asked him:
1) What factors determine how low/high the TT incision will go? He said that generally the bigger you are, the higher the incision could be or if you're someone who has lost a massive amount of weight. If you wanted your line lower, it would sacrifice tightness. If the incision is higher or the skin is too tight, you risk pulling your labia/mon pubis up and into an awkward position. Apparently I have a low belly button which is a good thing so he estimates my incision would be at the bikini line or one inch above.
2) What is your re-operation policy/fee? His answer- he doesn't charge a fee but you'd have to pay the facility/anesthesia fee.
3) What is your complication rate? Do you re-operate on your own patients much? He says he has a very low complication rate. I think this needs to be researched by the patient also as some surgeons might not be quite forthcoming.
4) During the breast lift do you change the size of the areloas? Is this included in the fee? He says if I want them smaller he can certainly do that, I could pick the size I want and any surgeon who charges extra for that is ridiculous. Lol

Questions Continued...

5) What if you have prominent veins that run through your boobs/areolas? Do you sever/cauterize them during the operation? He says that those veins are important to keep intact because they provide the best blood flow. They may even be more pronounced after surgery because other veins have been damaged and blood is redirected through the remaining larger ones.
6) Does an extended tummy tuck also have a lateral thigh lift effect? Yes it does.
This question was more because I was curious than medically necessary: 6 hours is a long time to be standing still at an OR table operating on someone. How do you deal with taking breaks? He says he loves doing surgery and doesn't think of it as something he "has to do". He eats and goes to the bathroom before surgery and doesn't leave the OR because even taking a 5 minute pee break costs a lot of money toward time spent in the OR. (I'm a nurse and I've seen surgeons being fed food while operating, talking on the phone, etc.)

Surgery is tomorrow! This better be worth it!

Okay tomorrow is my surgery; i'm so nervous I could puke. I keep telling myself, "what am I thinking?" I'm such a wimp when it comes to pain. I know my doctor doesn't give IV pain meds post op and I worry that he only prescribed to me Norco 10/325mg one every 4 hours. I'm 99% sure I will be in so much pain that he'll need to up the dosage or switch to Percocet. I have had general anesthesia before and didn't have any complications or nausea from it so hopefully it'll be the same this time. I'm going to miss sleeping on my stomach. I don't ever sleep on my back so I'm wondering how this will work out after I'm not sedated from pain meds. I hope my new boobs won't interfere with stomach sleeping either. I also don't sleep in anything but panties so I feel like I'm going from one extreme (no clothes on my stomach) to the other (lots of "clothes" on my back).
I hope the nurse teaches me the best way to get on and off the bed, or in my case couch. How am I supposed to get up if I can't use my core or my arms? I guess it'll being more painfully limited use than not at all.
Today I'm getting a few last minute items and grocery shopping for easy to make/ ready to eat meals. Too bad everything convenient is packed with salt. It seems like so many women have everything so prepared and have everything one could possibly need and I'm like, "I'll just wing it." Lol. I've bought all the essentials listed in my preop booklet but just the bare minimum. I think it's more because now I'm tight on money. The things I got: my prescriptions filled Norco, ZOfran, Celebrex, and Valium.
Stool softener/ laxative
Comfy sleeping shorts
Granny panties
2 cotton front snap bras
A button up shirt
My sweet mother is taking care of me so if I really need something I'm sure she'd go get it.
Surgery starts at 11:15 AM, which is later than I'd prefer, at Texas Institute for surgery in Dallas. It's about an hour drive so I hope that the ride home won't be too miserable. So many emotions!!! I can't believe this is happening; for better or for worse. I swear I've never looked at so many pictures of boobs in my life. I'll try and write more later and take some pictures. Pray for me.

Last minute pics! Good bye flab; hello scar!

I've seen others do these poses and figured if I want to do it too it better be now cause I won't be able to after tomorrow. Sorry if these pictures come out rotated. I'm not a good picture-taker.

Finally post op pic.

Sorry I can't write too much today. Still pretty drugged but here's pic
Dallas Plastic Surgeon

Your post op looks fabulous. I have a consultation with Dr bogdan next month for the same procedures. Please update us on your healing. I'm curious about the pain and if the prescribed drugs were enough. Also wondering how you feel in general. Thank you for your posts thus far. I have been contemplating this for so long. I remember the pain of prior c sections and have wussed out, but I'm ready now....I think :). Everyone on here has some body part(s) that embarrass us. You are my inspiration! I will pay it forward to the community by posting pics before/ after my procedures so people can make an informed decision.
Just curious as to how you are liking your results.
Wondering how your recovery is going...
You look amazing!!! Wow!
amazing! you look terrific.
You look so amazing!!! Congratulations!!! Hope your recovery is smooth!
Your results already look very good! Congratulations!
How are you feeling? Are the drugs still helping? I hope you are doing well.
All the parts look like they're in the right places! :) Congrats to making it to recup boot camp. Happy healing!
Best of luck to you!!!
Thinking of you!!!
Thinking of you today. Good luck!!
Good luck and happy healing
Positive and healing thoughts coming your way today!
Sweetheart, congrats you'll come out beautiful.
LOL... your ?s are so funny! I'm gonna ask my PS that at my next PO appt- um, did you take a potty break during my sx? Heeheeehaha... :) Well, don't be so down on yourself. As you research this RS site, you'll find that women's shaped are all so very diffferent. You'll definitely look new and improved with a BL, BA, and some tummy skin tightening. The cellulite- on your own w that one. Maybe some laser down the road. I'm almost 2 wks and couldn't be happier!! No more flabby belly! Good luck to you and I'm here if you want to ask ?s...
Really good questions. Did you happen to ask if he does more then just the general TT sutures such as stitching the obliques in more?
I didn't but that's an interesting question. Maybe I will call or email him. He said he will call me the night before surgery so I'll have more opportunities to ask.
I didn't but that is an interesting question. I could call or email him. He said he'd call the night before surgery so I'll have plenty of opportunities to ask more questions.
I do remember him saying that the incision is tight at the front but gets looser towards the sides so he probably doesn't do the obliques.
How very exciting for you. I have been wanting a TT for quite some time. I have always been petite, but after having children I have struggled with the shape of my tummy. I've been training with a trainer and improving diet. While I have gotten happy with every other area of my body, there has been little improvement with my tummy. I've come to the conclusion that my muscles were so stretched out that only surgery will help. I have several surgeons that I wanted to see for a consult but I feel that my top pick will be Dr.Bogdan. I plan to make a consult appt soon. Was there a long wait to get your consult appt? Did you consult any other physicians? Ironically, a previous coworker just started working at his SL office. She says he is very meticulous. She says he really spends time listening to his patients and answering all their questions. I am curious about the Embrace scar therapy and how many of his patients choose that option. Oh, and I think we are always our harshest critics. My husband doesn't think I need one, either. I need this for me. Can't wait to see your post op pics?
I had to wait about two months to get an appointment but that was more my fault because I work really weird hours and he's only in his office on certain days. But one appt I was 4 hours early (on accident) and he fit me in sooner. I live about an hour away so he was really trying to accommodate me. He's the only PS I consultated with. I liked the fact he had lots of pics on his website and got almost perfect reviews from every website I checked. No discipline action against his license. I also like that he does all of his own stitchwork and doesn't pass it off to anyone else. Of course I'm saving final judgement on my results but so far I haven't found any red flags.
I did that too- based my final jusgment on results. I didn't want to gush about the PS only to find out later that I hated an aspect about the sx or f/u care.
It's cannot express to you how happy your brave act has made me, how normal it has made me feel, how NOT alone. I am 5'6" and 133 lbs at 32 years old. I have had one child (10 months ago), and prior to that I was at my heaviest weight of 172 lbs the day I got married. I do not have the finances for surgery right now but spend countless hours pouring over these pages to fuel my dreams of feeling proportional and semi-human. Now I realize to insult my figure would be insulting yours because for the most part our nakie pics (were I to have any) would look like they came from the same person at different stages in their life, but I will try to temper my usual outright self loathing lol. You are right, there is no one like us on these pages. The only similar pictures are of women who have undergone lap band procedures and lost unbelievable amounts of weight, or women much more advanced in years than we. It always made me feel disgusting to have so much cellulite, such bumpy dumpling legs that never cease to move even after I have. Breast that hang and flop and refuse to be wrestled into a somewhat normal shape even with Victoria Secret, without wrinkling at the top or falling out of the too low cup. AHHHHH! I was really starting to think that NO ONE had the same problems as me, maybe I was a freak. Maybe my strenuous years of ballet, modeling and eating disorders had taken such a toll, were I to go to a plastic surgeon, he'd turn me away out of disgust for what I'd done to myself. Your courage has made me realize that this is just my body and my genetics. Maybe I could have prevented some of it, but only for a time. Thank you sooooooooooooo much and I sincerely hope my critical opinions of our OH SO familiar physique did not upset you, I figure in the end we are hear for the same reason, and you're very soon to realize your dream. In secret I am totally jealous, but more so HAPPY, overwhelmingly happy for you. It seems like a small victory for me as well.
Oh Oh Oh, annnnnd ask about internal sutures for an internal bra to prevent future sagging, since like me you may be prone to it and have thinner skin in that area. They are using a new technology that utilizes small medical grade rubber or plastic as anchor points for lifts (as a structure to adhere to or suture to), or internal underwire basically. You waited so long to have them where you want them, hopefully they will get them to STAY there. Lol