I Did It! Sick of Juvederm. - Southlake, TX

I have been using fillers for years and was...

I have been using fillers for years and was looking for a more permanent solution. My aesthetician had the most beautiful lips. I commented and she divulged her secret. I decided to also go for some fat transfer as well. Facial filler have looked lovely but at $500 a syringe and several needed at a time it was an easy financial decision.

Day 3

Things going well overall. Worse part is being house bound. Can't go out looking this way. Wish my husband was not here to see me. We are making jokes about it though. Able to eat alright.probable healing will be slower because I'm an older person. I have faith in my doctor and know this is a waiting game. Looking forward to wearing lipstick again..

Healing

Day 5. Still very bruised. I think I stopped my fish oil and aspirin therapy 1 week prior to surgery in stead of 2. The date crept up on me. So my excess bruising is my fault. The boredom is overwhelming. My lips are still swollen and a little numb on top. I can feel my implant with my fingers if I press my fingers on my lower lip, but only on half of it. The implant is 65mm wide so it has to stretch end to end, but wondering why I can't feel all of it. Can't wait for my follow up on Friday to be told all this is "normal".

Day 5

Day 7

Ok. Back to the doctor for my follow up and to get my stitches out of the corners of my mouth. He reassured me the implants were where they should be and that they had not migrated. I read the story about the girl whose implants migrated and she had to rave them redone. I put some major makeup on just to see if I could master the cover up to return to work in 3 days. The bruises are still there but I'm so bored with staying home, because I never really felt bad.

Day14

New pictures

Implant migrated

Im feeling a little down in the mouth. Ha. Ha. My upper implant has slipped to one side. You can see a visible lump and one side goes up especially when I smile. My husband doesn't like it either and her rarely comments on these things. My doctor wants to know what I want to do. It will be discussed after the holidays are over. There are no guarantees it won't slip again. I don't know why they can't tack it down in the middle or something. My mouth is wide and the biggest one is 2-1/2 inches wide. That probably had something to do with it. He said it would be equally as traumatic to go in a second time but I'm thinking the picket it already there. I must be the bad luck girl. I had breast implants that deflated and migrated long ago. Advice out there?

It shifted

Tried to post this picture yesterday, but was having difficulty from my hotel room due to sluggish Internet. When I smile one side of my lip goes up. I had an incision in the center of my upper lip also. I never saw anyone with that. I guess my mouth was so big he needed further access. In any case , I've decided to get the upper redone after Christmas. It's just not where it should be. You can see a lump where it ends outside my lip line higher on one side than the other. Wish me luck!

Getting lips redone by a different doctor.

The upper lip is off to one side with a lump sticking out. I also have a lump and scar in the center of my upper lip. The lower implant has settled on the left 2/3rds of my mouth and I'd outside the lip line.
Dallas Plastic Surgeon

I have been considering this for years and did my homework. Dr Kasden listened to my concerns and offered an artful eye to my face symmetry and aging . I am 58 and have had 2 facelifts. The sagging skin is only part of the problem with facial aging. Volume needs to be restored. The Operating room was where he really shined. you could tell he was doing this because he loved his craft. It was not just "his job". I was not "put under", but was given oral medications. I was awake ,but drowsy. Local lidocaine was used. Fat was removed from donor areas( added benefit!) and strained in something that looked like a tea strainer. A lot of it is a bit foggy. I suppose the worst part was the fat harvesting . He was very patient and made sure I was as comfortable as possible. I am now on day 2 post - op. Looking forward to results and healing.

You might consider dr lam in tx. He has done many many lips. He has an excellent hand & esthetic eye for balance & harmony with the face. To quote him "the bigger the lips, the more important the shape" & how it all relates to the rest of the face. And there is a basic law of 'the more we do of any action, the better we become at it. You can google him...he has many pics & videos of lip work. I am a past patient of his...very happy with his lip work. Good luck pretty lady nb. For me, i would 'not' return to the original surgeon. If he 'knew better, he would have done better'.
I think you're right. They can't stay like this with this strange lump on my lip. I always liked my lips just wanted more volume. I will save my money and vacation time and get a consult I guess. I have seen dr Lams ads and videos. Thank you for your suggestion. I really appreciate it.
Hi! I too had permalip done last March and am getting it redone by a new dr in Jan. how are your going? Did you get what you needed fixed?
My lips have healed and are both off center. My husband says I look like I'm snarling when I smile. Debating what to do.

Oof, sorry about the migrating implant. Otherwise I think your lips look beautiful. And I love that that shade of lipstick!

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Thanks for your post. Kind of interested in Permalip myself. Think I'll try JuvaDerm first for lips and nasal lobial folds (never had it). I hope your second round things go perfect. Can you still feel them in there or do you get used to the feeling? There's nothing wrong with doing cosmetic surgery to help with self confidence. It's a personal choice and your review is much appreciated!
Have you considered a lip lift? Since you had trouble with your breast implants, it is not surprising you had issues with a lip implant. I would wait until you heal some more & make a decision to revise the implants or get them removed. I had a lip lift & I would be willing to e-mail you my b&a. Maybellineo
I think I'm going to just have them redone. My lower lip is perfect. I'm a nurse and realize these things happen. Thanks for your comment. I had a friend who had a lip lift for a thin upper lip. It was gorgeous. She had too much space between her nose and upper lip. It was suggested by her doctor with her facelift. I was looking for restored lost volume due to aging.
I there there is an obsession here. I get how we want to rejuvenate our youthful glow and looks, but to a certain degree. There is beauty in aging, and a beauty in the lines, we have forgotten to embrace how nature begins to show its face and time lived. I completely understand the pressure of wanting to attain that, but I also know that it is important to know when enough is enough. You are pretty, and you do look like you are 50 but have had plastic surgery, there is no getting around that. We will never be happy with ourselves with endless choices about sculpting and cutting ourselves to create the so called "perfect self" it gets tedious and obsessive. I wish you luck with your procedures, but you are beautiful, with or without the fillers.
I do understand your comments. You are still young. I don't know what I'll do as the years go by. We will see.
There are a lot of natural treatments but you've got to be persistent. Acupuncture for one, and eating very clean. I am curious myself about the best treatments to fight age as well. I am finally going though an esthetician program. I live in an area where organic and natural skin treatments are abundant. The more I learn, I will deifnitly keep you updated :) I just want to help, and would hate that any of that superficial material ends up doing more harm than good to ones body. I have been interested in plumping my upper lip as well, am still on the fence about it. You have very nice features, I know that and I do not think you look weird at all, you just care about how you look and we all do!
I am also an RN. Been practicing 40 years. Some of my experience is in plastic surgery and dermatology. Advice. Stay out of tanning beds. Watch your moles. Don't drink or smoke. Eat well. Keep your weight in check. Exercise. You will look good a long time. I don't the acupuncture has a place, but in beauty, haven't heard that one.
Correction. Acupuncture has a place.
I am sorry but you look weird!
Julestheword, she might look weird to you from those pics but trust me in reality she looks gorgeous. I met about two weeks ago, another RS member. She also have had controversy about her result. And let me tell you , even the pics looks good, she is in reality a beauty. She also told me that I look 10 years younger than in my pics. We should be happy for girls that takes time and share with us their experience. I would love to see you sharing with us your experience. I encourage you.
Explain please. that's kind of hurtful stated like that
In the post pics I meant,the lips look a bit too big,I guess they may have calmed down now though. Sorry I didn't mean to offend! :-0
Yes they are still swollen and obviously I'm going to have to get them redone. I am upset about having to take more time off for another surgery. I did go for larger lips than some would wish for similar to some women who would like to go for DD breasts when others would find them too much. I think it is important for us to share photos of the healing process and some complications for others to think about when considering a surgery. These photos were not glamour shots no doubt. When we all post our photos we are putting ourselves out there a bit. Please be considerate with your remarks. Thanks for responding.
Thanks ZIZI!!
I really do like how wonderful your lips fits you. I don't comment to a review unless I feel the person behind those pics. And you, your experience and your willingness to share all with us make me to like you a lot. I mean, we are stranger to each other, I could not even comment, and you'll never knew I was here. But no, I did comment because I appreciate you . You are such a beautiful lady and your surgeries, even were not successful, somehow made you beautiful. I wish when I will be your age I will look as good as you do. I will pray that this time your revision will be successful. God bless your heart, sweetheart.
Hahaha if you look at my pics from my recovery time, I look like I was hit like a train. I also shared even the ugliest pics bcuz i think it can help women to realize it must get ugly before is getting gorgeous :-]. The most important is to stay positive and avoid any negatives. Please keep update your review as i would love to hear that the revision went smoothly.
I appreciate you and will keep updating. I'm 58 and I suppose I will fight the aging process as best I can. My Mom is 86 and still colors her hair!
Oh, I lost my mom exactly a wear ago(tomorrow 3am) while I was recovering from my TT. Show your mom all the love you can. I love ladies at all ages take in care of themselves. A Lady will always be a Lady.