I Did It! Sick of Juvederm. - Southlake, TX

I have been using fillers for years and was...

I have been using fillers for years and was looking for a more permanent solution. My aesthetician had the most beautiful lips. I commented and she divulged her secret. I decided to also go for some fat transfer as well. Facial filler have looked lovely but at $500 a syringe and several needed at a time it was an easy financial decision.

Day 3

Things going well overall. Worse part is being house bound. Can't go out looking this way. Wish my husband was not here to see me. We are making jokes about it though. Able to eat alright.probable healing will be slower because I'm an older person. I have faith in my doctor and know this is a waiting game. Looking forward to wearing lipstick again..

Healing

Day 5. Still very bruised. I think I stopped my fish oil and aspirin therapy 1 week prior to surgery in stead of 2. The date crept up on me. So my excess bruising is my fault. The boredom is overwhelming. My lips are still swollen and a little numb on top. I can feel my implant with my fingers if I press my fingers on my lower lip, but only on half of it. The implant is 65mm wide so it has to stretch end to end, but wondering why I can't feel all of it. Can't wait for my follow up on Friday to be told all this is "normal".

Day 5

Day 7

Ok. Back to the doctor for my follow up and to get my stitches out of the corners of my mouth. He reassured me the implants were where they should be and that they had not migrated. I read the story about the girl whose implants migrated and she had to rave them redone. I put some major makeup on just to see if I could master the cover up to return to work in 3 days. The bruises are still there but I'm so bored with staying home, because I never really felt bad.

Day14

New pictures

Implant migrated

Im feeling a little down in the mouth. Ha. Ha. My upper implant has slipped to one side. You can see a visible lump and one side goes up especially when I smile. My husband doesn't like it either and her rarely comments on these things. My doctor wants to know what I want to do. It will be discussed after the holidays are over. There are no guarantees it won't slip again. I don't know why they can't tack it down in the middle or something. My mouth is wide and the biggest one is 2-1/2 inches wide. That probably had something to do with it. He said it would be equally as traumatic to go in a second time but I'm thinking the picket it already there. I must be the bad luck girl. I had breast implants that deflated and migrated long ago. Advice out there?

It shifted

Tried to post this picture yesterday, but was having difficulty from my hotel room due to sluggish Internet. When I smile one side of my lip goes up. I had an incision in the center of my upper lip also. I never saw anyone with that. I guess my mouth was so big he needed further access. In any case , I've decided to get the upper redone after Christmas. It's just not where it should be. You can see a lump where it ends outside my lip line higher on one side than the other. Wish me luck!

Getting lips redone by a different doctor.

The upper lip is off to one side with a lump sticking out. I also have a lump and scar in the center of my upper lip. The lower implant has settled on the left 2/3rds of my mouth and I'd outside the lip line.
Dallas Plastic Surgeon

I have been considering this for years and did my homework. Dr Kasden listened to my concerns and offered an artful eye to my face symmetry and aging . I am 58 and have had 2 facelifts. The sagging skin is only part of the problem with facial aging. Volume needs to be restored. The Operating room was where he really shined. you could tell he was doing this because he loved his craft. It was not just "his job". I was not "put under", but was given oral medications. I was awake ,but drowsy. Local lidocaine was used. Fat was removed from donor areas( added benefit!) and strained in something that looked like a tea strainer. A lot of it is a bit foggy. I suppose the worst part was the fat harvesting . He was very patient and made sure I was as comfortable as possible. I am now on day 2 post - op. Looking forward to results and healing.