Life Changing-Southlake, TX

I had both a tummy tuck and tumescent liposuction...

I had both a tummy tuck and tumescent liposuction of my love handles, inner, and outer thighs on Feb 27, 2013. The doctor's office is located on the same campus as the hospital, which is fantastic. The surgical team and hospital staff were warm and friendly, as well as professional and squared away. The staff that work in the doctor's office are all super inviting, responsive, and approachable. These factors all contributed to an awesome experience, and I haven't even mentioned anything about the surgery or surgeon yet!

I have lost a significant amount of weight (95 lbs as of the date of this post), and found my body is less than optimal aesthetically, much to my disappointment after such an effort! I'm lighter now than when I was 22 (37 now) and super fit, but I don't look it. I've been heavy for over a decade and its certainly taken a toll on my appearance. My personal ethic includes earning rewards through sweat, hard work, sacrifice and even tears if that's what it takes, so it was terribly difficult to accept that I needed help. But I couldn't continue on this trail alone, if I wanted the results I've been envisioning for myself. I've done what is within my control, now I needed a skilled helping hand. That's when I found my surgeon, Dr. Sacha Obaid.

My goal, simply stated, is to be comfortable in my skin, literally. Improving clothing fit, social image, and confidence to engage in activities that require, well, a little less than an oversized shirt and slacks are goals as well, but more importantly, to look in the mirror and finally see the woman's body I've been working so hard for. Nothing outrageous. Simple, natural, healthy, firm, and vibrant.

This operation was my first ever cosmetic procedure towards this end. My belly was my primary concern. My core is strong. Just couldn't see it. But what I could see, I saw everyday. It needed help. Second, were my inner and outer thighs, and love handles (flanks). I hadn't worn shorts in over 10 years! And so it was to be. A tummy tuck with lipo.

I was nervous. I'd researched extensively. Even flipped through plastic surgery text books and almanacs to understand the procedures through the step-by-step pictures. Observed the blogs, queried common complications, watched countless testimonials on you-tube, and spent hours studying posted pictures. But it boiled down to me being unconscious and completely in the hands of strangers who could, who would, transform my body, and possibly my life, hopefully for the better but... there are always risks.

I'd never been through any major surgery before. How would my body react? Was the surgical team going to be 100% focused or would they get tired/ bored/ preoccupied (it was a ~5 hr surgery!). How much pain would I really have? Was I as strong as I thought I was, or would I moan and whine? Would my wounds heal correctly? Would I maintain my 'happy face' without my morning coffee while I waited in pre-op, at 5:30 a.m.!!!? How bad will the scar be? These, and about 1,000 other questions were racing through my mind.

Immediately post-op, I am told, I was giggling quite a bit. Hm. Well, life IS good, so why not? But I don't remember that. Only thing I remember is hearing Dr. Obaid say "You're really tight", "6 liters", and "really pleased" before I fell back asleep. Who wouldn't be happy to hear those words!? Of course I giggled!

3 weeks post op now, and I'm over the moon! Swelling is ebbing and flowing, but I'm beginning to see the faint outlines of my long lost abs! My hip bones are present and accounted for, and yes, my stomach is nice and tight. The suture line is gorgeous. I can see how, if my body cooperates, the scar will be a hairline mark! There are no words to express my joy. Love handles are gone! And my thighs, though still slightly bruised, tender, and swollen, are improving everyday. My inner thighs aren't tightly rubbing together when I walk anymore. I'll be able to wear shorts in the Texas summer heat! Did I mention I'm still swollen? If it's so good now, what's it going to be in a couple months?

I'm standing up straighter, more confident in public, much more comfortable now that I can get around and exercise again, and overall have a more positive self image. I'm receiving a great amount of positive feedback from my colleagues, and a few associates of mine didn't recognize me at first. This week I wore tops that I would NEVER have dared show the light of day, as they fit snugly around the waist. Now? Oh yeah! I'm rockin' my new look with pride! The risks, the fears, the nerves and apprehension, the pain and fatigue, and the emotional ups and downs of pre and post op were all worth it. A door has been opened. There's a new trail up ahead. Opportunity. Potential. Self-realization. This experience has refreshed my hope in a brighter future for myself. Life changing, due to Dr. Obaid's attitude and skill.

With all the research I had done, I hadn't realized how emotive this process would be. Maybe it was because I was alone, caring for myself during recovery, or maybe it was due to the drugs, anesthesia, and nerves, but on the 4th day post-op I had an odd sense of isolation. Almost like abandonment, but not. I never got depressed, just felt, well, isolated. I could barely move, hadn't had the sun on my face for at least two days, and was 10 pounds heavier than when i went into surgery. Altogether, it as a very strange emotion. Strange for a woman who very much enjoys her alone time! But it's true. So, had I known that may happen, I would have prepped my mind for it. Was a little unsettling, but the great thing is it only lasted a day! :)

One other thing I wish I had known beforehand is how the results would draw attention to other areas that need work. Front view great. Waist is great. Caboose....not-so-much. And, the lipo in the legs, though fabulously freeing for summer wear, has exposed just how lax my skin has gotten. The bulk is lessened, but the skin is crepey. In other words, it appears I've just gotten started on my body/ life transformation journey.

It's been a wild ride, and I'm looking forward to watching the continued changes unfold over the next few months. In the mean time, I've started my research for the next ride...gluteoplasty and augment, with lateral and medial thigh lift. Oh yeah. It's as scary as it sounds. The same fears are showing up. But now...now I have faith. And a trusted surgeon.

Nearly a 100 pounds gone, and yet more pain to endure to fix the damage I've done. Who'd have thought that this pain of correction would lead to so much passion? I'm loving the 'me' that is emerging from under this shell of skin. When done, it will sync with the 'real me', and I will look how I feel. Hard work, pain, sweat, some tears, and worth it.

I'm adding some pics. One is from before I lost...

I'm adding some pics. One is from before I lost my weight. I was at 267, and avoided the camera like the plague. Best I could find was this one, where I'm covered in a bulky jacket, but you can get the idea. There are some from the night before my surgery, 2 weeks out, 20 and 25 days out. I'll keep posting updates as more progress is made.

Note: The 20 days out pics show an orange-ish color on my incisions. That's from Bactine (I'm a fiend for wound care). I use hydrogen peroxide, bactine, bacitracin, and silicon ointment now, 3x's a day. Happy healing all! :)

Today is my tt's 30th day! Added a couple update...

Today is my tt's 30th day! Added a couple update pics, and threw in an oblique view this time, cause my swelling is wonderfully minimal today. Can't wait for the incision line to fade to my skin tone; the red is starting to frustrate me! :( I know I'm healing, yet the red line psychs me out that I'm not. All's good. I'm rollin' with the silicone! Even trying out the sheets in a couple spots to see if they work any better. :-)

I've been upping my protein and drinking Gatorade,...

I've been upping my protein and drinking Gatorade, per doctors orders, and it seems to be helping. I only felt faint once today, and no where as intense as it has been. My swelling has also gone down significantly; 5 lbs worth over 2 days! I'll keep monitoring and update as usual. So far so good.

Even though I'm still journeying through my tt adventure I'm prepping for my butt and thigh lift. I booked extra time with my PS at my next follow up (2 mos check up), in late April to consult about next steps. Yup. Bring it on! :) I'm on a roll, so why slow down now?

Funny how confidence grows through this process. When I took my first step down this surgery road, I was quite resistant to extensive procedures, often lumped together in what's referred to as 'body lifts', of which tt is one. Obviously i overcame some of that reservation. Since then, I've learned so much about the various procedures, people who get them, the physical challenges, and the lease on life these can bring. Wow! What a trip.

So back to my next steps. A butt lift and lateral thigh lift. My tt has illuminated this need. ha! I had no idea my ass was this bad! lol I have always been consumed by my tummy. Never really took notice of my rear view. Until now.

Interestingly, the incisions for those will likely overlap the side incisions from my tt. How's that gonna work? I'm healing well now, but what is that cut going to do to this one? I guess I'll get those answers next month. A new blog will then arise. Dual-pathed journeys.

Getting this tt was the best decision I've made for myself in quite a while.....aside from deciding to move to Texas! (Love it here) Though the best decision, I battle with a little guilt and worry that I'm becoming vain and selfish. It's a lot of money to do these procedures, a lot of time recovering, a lot of mirror time, and a lot of 'me' and 'I' talk. But then I remind myself that it's ok to nurture ourselves. It's a duty really. How the hell can we sustain sacrifice for others if we aren't at our best ourselves? That's why the forums here on RS are also such a great idea. It helps keep grounding, to give to others who can relate. I haven't been on here long, but see the beauty of all the posters. Beauty in daring to share. Beauty in supporting and encouraging one another. Beauty in being human. The beauty of courage.

And so this is where my mind is today. Pensive, introspective, and still exuberantly grateful for the opportunity to improve. Grateful for the truly skilled doctors that spent so much of their time specializing in their field so that we can all tap those specialties when we feel we need them. Driven to continue the momentum of growth and change. Hopeful that my aging will be with grace ....and beauty. Inspired by all the other ladies and gents in this community. My humble thanks.

So I forgot to mention yesterday that I spoke to...

So I forgot to mention yesterday that I spoke to my patient coordinator about getting a new cg, since mine are losing their oooomf. Maybe they are stretching out, or I'm shrinking, or both, but I wanted more support. She said ya know, you can be using spanx now right? Yes, I said, but like Linus and his blanket I NEED my cg! Tried spanx one day and that was it. Nope. I plan to wear these girdles at least another month, so, recommendations?

She gave me the name of a company they trust, so I checked them out and bought 2 new below the knee cgs. Figured I'd be using them for other work I'll have done so it would be a good investment (they were a bit pricey). I attached a pic of one. And they came in a really nice box too! I'm sooooo easy to please. Anyhoo, attached a pic of it right out of the box.

Now, I'm flying out this Sunday on a business trip and was worried about swelling from the plane. Oh, there won't be ANY swelling with this puppy!

I'm feelin' good today! Best I've ever looked in...

I'm feelin' good today! Best I've ever looked in jeans......EVER! Luvin' it!

Wow. Nearly a month has past since since my last...

Wow. Nearly a month has past since since my last post, so I figured it's about time to give an update. Life is beautiful. Are there no bounds to happiness? I'm thinking not! Ok, so am I a Vogue model or going to get a call one day to pose for Maxim? Ha! Not a chance. But do I feel great? Absolutely!

As my body continues to re-balance, and my elation is moderated by day-to-day normalcy, I reflect on where I've been.....and how far I've come. We fill our lives with tasks and to-do lists, burn the wick at both ends hoping to suck the marrow out of everything as we move along. Degrees, jobs, career ladders, children, marriage, houses, cars, retirement, yard work, books, movies, getting the latest techie widget. In this mix, at least for myself, it was easy to forget the need to balance. Silence, meditation, health, joy....contentedness. So easy to forget about those! And that's what I did...and that's how I had ended up drinking a pot of coffe a day, working 16 hrs a day, commuting 3 hrs every blessed day, and losing memory of the richness of simplicity. 100 lbs later and a pack of smokes a day, pale and miserable, I looked in the mirror and thought, 'oh my, what have I done?' True, I have a rewarding career, traveled and expanded my mind, bought a beautiful house and have a promising professional life ahead of me, but without balance they don't mean a thing. So I cleaned my act up. Two cups of coffee a day max, ditched the smokes, re-acquainted myself with organic fruits, grains, and lots of vegetables. I still work hard, but set boundaries now. Lost the weight, re-embraced exercise, and set time aside every day to just sit....no phone, t.v., radio, Internet, I-pad/pod, magazine etc. Just quiet....without distraction. Maybe but for only 5-minutes...but any bit helps. Now....now I can say I'm maintaining. Balance isn't something that is achieved. Like a degree or license or raise. It requires constant effort. It's one piece of a lifestyle. It requires constant attention or it will slip away. Oh, I wish that I had this insight in my twenties!!!

So, now I'm 2 months out post-op. Crazy how time flies! Spring has sprung, work is, as usual, quite busy, and I'm in the throws of my graduate thesis. Oh yes, and I have a flat tummy!!!! :) I had my 2-month check-up yesterday and all is progressing well. I'll post new pics later today. I'm now cleared to work my muscles and any exercise that floats my boat. Yay!!! Time to rock the gym and get this body back in the groove! I use my cg now only at night. Oh, and I booked my next procedure for the end of October. Get this. Lateral thigh and butt lift, with breast lift and augmentation!!! The butt augmentation will be in phase 3, after I heal from the lift. Keeping that wagon wheel rollin', the spirit rockin', and laughter flowin'.

I looked in the mirror this morning and saw a woman who's come a long way, and a woman who has options for the path ahead. Not perfect, not yet sexy, but well on her way to contentedness. Seize the day!! After all, we never know how many we have.

Suffice it to say, God is good!! What a joy to be here, in this world, seeing the goodness of others, the joy of friendship, the love of family, and the hope of community. What a blessing it all is, when we choose to see it.

Just a quick note. I am finally comfortable...

Just a quick note. I am finally comfortable sleeping in any position! Tonight it dawned on me that I was shifting and turning without any pain or pressure, either on incisions or from muscles. Yay!!

9 weeks PO today! My scar is starting to smooth...

9 weeks PO today! My scar is starting to smooth out pretty nicely. I'm using bio oil and silicone, massaging twice daily. Wearing my cg now only at night. Doing abs now in the gym, and I have to say it's soooo nice to do a sit up and not have a skin/ fat role while doing so. Super flat. I'm hoping for a slight six-pack this summer!

I had one little spot directly over my right hip bone that took a little longer to heal. You can probably see it in the pics. It's finally on the mend. I did notice a slight burning/ pulling in that spot last week, when I over did the weights. I looked and there appeared to be a hairline stretch on the incision. Freaked me out. I eased off the weights a bit and being more careful. I'm feeling so good, sometimes I forget I'm not 100% yet. Gotta pace myself! After I massaged it with oil and covered it with silicone patches for a couple days it was good-to-go again. Whew!

All for today. Hope everyone is doing well. :0)

I finally made it to the tanning salon today. My...

I finally made it to the tanning salon today. My Irish blood doesn't make tanning very easy, so I've opted to go with spray. Planet Tan is my new best friend! :) I have to wait 4-6 hrs for the full monte to show, but I have a tad bit of color already. Yay! I've noticed too, that a little color makes my tummy look flatter. Don't know, maybe it's an illusion....but I'll happily go with it!! Some updated pics. 81 days post op today. I'm so ready for summer! Bring on the heat!

Ok. So today, today my 'joy bubble' finally gave...

Ok. So today, today my 'joy bubble' finally gave way. Don't get me wrong, I'm healing well and getting back in the groove of normalcy, but....this hasn't been easy. No one said it would be..true. I'm a little sad today about how far I still have to go. And frustrated with myself that I let myself get as bad as I did, so that now I have to get reconstructive surgery to fix myself! The cost, financially, emotionally, physically, of going through these surgeries aren't to be trifled with. It's no joke. Worth it, yes. But hot damn! This body has a ways to go. The journey...I know. But I'm having a weak moment today. ....sigh.... Scary too, to consider results of phase 2 and 3 may not be as grand as this phase. If exercise, sacrifice, lifestyle changes, and going under the knife don't shape this shell to what I see as my ideal....what then? Accept that it's as good as it gets? ...sigh.... Failure is not an option!!! Ah, shit. Who am I kidding? I have no control over what will be. And that's what scares me. So much is riding on what my ps can do with this canvas. But in the end, he can only do so much as well. No magic pills or spells. Is what it is. Will be what it'll be. Well....it's all good, right? Beautiful day. Sun is out. Cup of coffee. Good career, home, passions. Better physically than I was a few months ago, so no complaints. Just....tired. I'm ready to move on, yet my body isn't. Not quite yet. Exhausted....scared.....more pain and scars to come. And all modesty out the window. It hit me at my last follow up. Standing completely naked in front of ps and assistant. Nothing more can be hidden. It's all out there in its absence of glory and grace. Beautiful imperfections......my friend and nemesis. Success and failure in the same breath. Ah...the makings of courage!! Keep the earth below my feet, my eyes to the sun, and my hands to learn.

My goodness. What a day yesterday was. Much better...

My goodness. What a day yesterday was. Much better today! :-) When I started on this transformation journey I made the conscious decision to be open and honest. With myself, especially. But also with whomever I engaged. This means bearing it all, good/ bad/ indifferent. Life is entirely too short to not embrace ourselves and others, even when there are down days. Especially when there are down days!!!

My tummy tuck adventure is nearing an end (wow how time flies!!). In less than 2 weeks I'll have my 3 mos follow up, and then I'll be focusing on the next phase.

This storyline process has been rather cathartic, surprisingly. It is helpful to read about others journeys too. I've learned alot by observing others interactions as well. It's been worth the risk of bearing all!! I've grown and hope to continue to do so.

I started a 'butt implant' story, and will likely also start a 'body lift' and 'breast lift and augmentation' story as well. At this point, I'm driven to document what I'll call my 're-birth'. Maybe I'll help someone, if i havent already. Likely I'll continue to find strength in myself when witnessing others courage in sharing their stories. Perhaps I'll even encourage someone to accept themselves as they are, without surgery. Who knows. Funny thing about these online posts is that we'll often have no idea who's lives we're touching. All we can do is be ourselves and trust that if someone is meant to connect with us....they will.

Thank you, Real Self, for providing this forum. And thank you to all who have shown compassion and support.

I'll update one last time after my next follow up, and then that will be that...with this chapter. I'm sooooo pleased with the change that's occurred over the last three months. Physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. As my story title says....this tummy tuck process has truly been 'life changing'! Worth every penny, fear, laugh, and tear. Now....time to stand up, heartily laugh at the humor of it all, and take this improved 'self' to the next trail. Best to all ya'll.

3 month Follow Up

Checked in with ps today. He questioned me about the products I've been using to massage on my scar, as there was a tad bit of whitish color spanning the length of the incision, and one spot that seems a little thin. The white, I'm convinced, is a result of taping the incision line while spray tanning, but the thin skin surface over the one spot that I've mentioned before took longer to heal was concerning. When I look real close at it some capillaries can be seen. Doc said some lotions have chemicals in them that thin skin, and to stop putting whatever I've been using, over that one thin spot. So, I picked up some more silicon lotion to use for a while longer. Other than that, and being a little swollen today due to a heavy workout, all is grand. No pain, fully mobile, sit-ups are getting easier, and I've shrunk another size. I'm now a 10! And I even slid into a comfortable 8 business slack today. Wow is all I can say. From once being a 24 to now an 8-10, I'm in heaven.

I'm loving my results. Getting this procedure was absolutely the best decision. Recovery has been exhausting, but also exhilarating. My quality of life, no kidding, has dramatically improved. My confidence and body image has improved tenfold.

This wraps up my story. Perhaps I'll update at the one year mark. For now, adieu. Best of luck to all.
Dallas Plastic Surgeon

In the office, Dr. Obaid is super energetic and attentive, answered any question I had, and is honest with the evaluation. If it won't look good, or won't likely turn out on you same as it did for someone else, he'll tell you. And that is awesome. Integrity builds trust. In the OR, Dr. Obaid puts his game face on. Still friendly but ├╝ber focused. He takes his art seriously, evidenced by the fabulous team he has established and the results of his work. His patient coordinator, Melissa, is also a rock star. She has been my lifeline through this adventure. Responsive, focused, professional, honest, and conscientious. I trust Dr. Obaid and his team, and I hope he's able to help many more folks as much as he's helped me. He's made a positive and lasting impact on my life.

I'm so addicted to read your posts. What did you do to me? lol You know I si relate to many if you experience and affirmation stil my life is different until last year almost 2 years now , I was so stupid. I used to buy my friendships, I don't know why, so my income will go away inviting ppl and pay there meall, picking them with my car , driving them anywhere they needed....everything. I used to hate to be lonely. So, one day I cut the spending, and no one was knowing me anymore. Than, I learn to live without the crowd. I'm extremely happy. I am also concentrating on redesigning the "ME". Last years my mom passed away . For 23 years, monthly, I gave her a quarter of my earning. Right know it feels AMAZING to finally spent everything on me. I do plan , as you to reshape my boobs and than maybe a mini facelift. You are so right . Life is really good and failure will never be an option. I am so interested to read all your reviews and I will be your biggest fan :-]. Your tummy looks amazing.
Sorry , so many typo mistakes, I'm typing in my cell and the auto corect is playing games.
Wow! Loved reading your story! Congratulations on your journey and success. A lot of your pre surgery doubts and fears are also mine. I suppose that is normal. Also something you wrote in your last update "......quality of life". That is exactly why I'm doing this. And what I plan to tell people who ask me why I'm doing it.
Hello Liveheroically!! I recieved your message and just went through your review again. You look awesome!! Yes I have scheduled my next procedure on May 8th! Right around the corner!! Thigh lift with incision in the groin. He will also lipo love handles and outer and inner thighs at the same time. I'm a little nervous!! More about the scars healing nicely!! I will keep you posted! I will probably do a review after the procedure with some before and after pics! I saw that you will have yours in October! That seems like a good time to do it! I just want to get mine over with so I can put all this recovering behind me and move on! Though I'm sure something will stick out after this next surgery and I will want that fixed too! Did you see any items that are must have for thigh lift recovery? LiveNLearn said female urinal is what I need to get!! So I listened and ordered it off amazon! Of course, I'm gonna make her try it out first and tell me how it is! She doesn't know it yet though!! Lol
Good morning Clarks! May 8th for a medial thigh lift. That's exciting. :) You will do fabulously....and you have a great friend by your side to lend a hand. Ya'll should do a YouTube video together, and share your positive and contagious energy! I bet the lipo is going to be more uncomfortable than the incision. I had my thighs lipo'd, and let me say, the bruising and pain on inner thigh was pretty rough for about 3 weeks. Had a heck of a time massaging them. But soooo worth it. I was going to suggest the urinal, but LiveNLearn got that covered! :) I'd suggest a walker or a cane (your basically going to shuffle for 1-2 weeks), one of those grabber tools to pick things up so you don't bend over, and I'd read somewhere that a contour memory foam leg pillow helped (sits between upper thigh)....but if your not a side sleeper I don't know if that would matter. Nerve wracking, isn't it? I'm really nervous about my butt. Basically the cut is going to start where the tummy tuck incision ended. I think I may start my next review in the body lift community, since I'm doing a couple areas, but holding off 'til I get some questions answered. I sent my doc a list of questions night that I hadn't thought of during the consult. I'll be following you closely to see how you do. What an encouragement and trail leader you are!!!
A Tom of water lmao!!! Oops drink a TON of water lol!
Ps: OMG I love love love the new pics!!! You look awesome in those jeans!!! Congrats!!! I'd love to know what brand CG you got, my spanx are getting on my nerves lol! I still strap the binder on at home and at night ;) Def helps with swelling !!!! Flying DRINK A TOM OF WATER the day and night before hand and then once you get to airport start again. WTG YOU LOOK SO AWESOME!!!
Oh chica hola and i LOVE when your adading: "Three weeks after even reading almanac alot of research and stuff, but then within just 21 days or so(three weeks!) your OVER THE MOON!!!!!!!!!! awww i adore your journey to a better you blog here,i read it 2x.(i do that with only a few if that per month when i am here,and i m SO HAPPY for u, the 1st pix yes way big there large woman,now SLIM n trim girlie i love the JEANS at the end! that is what i will be end of may or june.summer slim again as in my old pix in my avatar/profile pix. . . i can't wait! YOUR so lil-waist skinny area is so cute now and i know your so happy you DESERVE IT, life is just wayyyyy too short for ALL Us any age.to NOT want to and GET TO look our very best,and most important?MORE HEALTHY! Belly fat,can be a killer i did not know this till (now like past several years i've been over 30,then i realize UH OH belly gettin bigger past five years, lol now no more i am ready to lose it flatten it,smooth it out and wear my low kut jeans again when i want lol)without 2 bellies flappin over it! good luck ur bless chica GOD BROUGHT YOU THRU as all others here so your blessed,as i know he will with all others.god speed to u.ENJOY your new look YOU DESERVE IT! WE ALL DO. adios CertifiedSexxxiFlatStomach_In2013!
Thx so much dominicana! ;)
Wow! I have to say that I am beyond moved by your review! This is by far the best review I have read here on real self! Everyone should READ this! You sound like a magnificent woman! Very lucky are those to ever cross your path! Your outlook on life and enhancing your life and self is very inspiring! I wish you the best with your continued recovery from your present surgery! You look awesome! And I wish you much success on your next surgery! I will be following you closely as I had a TT and BL 8 weeks ago and am scheduled for a thigh lift on May 8! I have an upcoming pre op appt in a few weeks and I will keep you informed of what I learn and please keep us updated on your progress! I am grateful for your review! Of course I only saw this with the help of my best bud who is looking out for me! Thank God for both of you!
Thank you so much Clarks, for your comment. You are so kind! I see myself as the luck one, when others cross my path! :) People are amazing. So many experiences and perspectives. Love to learn from everyone. So your going for the next right at your 3 month mark? You heal SO fast, that will work out perfect for you. ;) I would LOVE to hear all about your newest adventure, so please do share all. I too wanted to do mine after the 3 month clearance, but I'm afraid I wouldn't have energy over the summer...so I'm seriously considering late October, when my schedule will allow a little more down time.
You are awesome!!!! You are also exactly 2 days ahead of me :-) I loved your review and pray that my best friend sees this!!! You look fabulous and I concur with everything you shared!!! I have been raising my family for 22yrs and now that my eldest son is 21 in college, my daughter is a senior in high school and starting college this Year and our youngest will be 13, I felt that it was time to take care of ME!!! I will be turning 40 in less than a month so for the past year I have been on a conquest to get healthy, to look my best and to enjoy life!!' Good for you!!! I just have to say again you look absolutely amazing!!!! I love your outlook, I'm on a similar path myself :) Many blessings to you & look fwd to following your amazing progress !!!!!
LiveNLearnBHappy, you have made my day! :) happy upcoming b-day too! 40 is the new 30 as they say.;) that was a big driver for me too. Though I don't have children, I'm a little over 2 yrs away from my 40th. I made a vow to myself that when I hit 40 I'm going to look, feel, and be situated the best I've ever been. Watch out world here we come! :0) thank you so much for your comment and support...
Hi Liveheroically!! Thank you for upcoming bday wish :-) Yes my entire 39th year was dedicated to looking better at age 40 lol!!! It's the gift that just keeps on giving, I was absolutely starting to dread putting on my makeup because of the creepy skin under my eyes so I started with Botox and then did juvederm (which for me ended up like being a surgical procedure!) now I'm seriously thinking about getting a lil more filler under my eyes as that Botox only seems to least about 6-7 weeks under the eyes, above them LONGER FOR sure!!! I was so happy to get this TT, haven't had one regret, not even one second did I say to myself "oh no what have i done!" during the first 48 hrs of out of the world pain ! I was prepared for the long recovery however it really is getting annoying at this phase lol!! My best friend is up above I'm so happy she found you! She's amazing, only 4 wks ahead of us but my goodness she is at full speed ahead and even at 4wks post op was sitting with me and helping me up while I was in the hospital w/screaming pain!!! I'm so amazed at her endurance and get up and GOOOOO!!! Today I was out for four hours most of that time on my feet and it was rough, plus the muscle repair decided it'd be a great time to spasm lol!!! How are you feeling????? So great to meet such inspiring women :-) Hope you are feeling great!!! I will go check out the FEB board to see if you were on today. All my best, xoxoxo
Hi LiveNLearn! I've been on the road, but back now and getting caught up with all the latest. How are you feeling today? I just love seeing your posts. Your energy spills over through the web. You're inspiring! And your friendship with Clarks is a joy to observe. Love it! We should all have friendship like yours! :) have a great day and hugs to you!
Liveheroically... Yes!! We should all be so lucky to have at least one friendship like LiveNLearn and I have!! We met on this site and just so happen to live only few miles from each other! This journey started our friendship and it goes so far beyond this now!! Life is better when you have a best friend who warms your heart!!
You two are a blessing, not just for one another, but for those lucky enough to witness true friendship. Ya'll bring a smile to my face. ...and what would be the chances of living so close?!! Meant to be!
Im new to this online forum/ blog stuff, so I'm learning by watching others on here. :) I should be posting most of my thoughts here, rather than in the forum. So this update is to make that fix as of tonight (hey, better late than never!). Today was an emotional one. I've since settled down, but below were my thoughts this afternoon. Gotta love these hormonal changes that happen after surgery. Hm. Thanks to all the support of the community. Especially on days like today. ;0) 'Ok, so I gotta just let it out. On the emotional front I've been all over too, but rather than depressed or down I've been way elated. I gotta be driving my friends and colleagues nuts! Before surgery I was focused, calm, and maintained a rather predictable schedule. Now, after surgery, It's hard for me to focus for any extended period of time, I'm wayyy too happy (you know the people I'm talking about, right? I'm one of them now!!!!), and something else I've noticed. Ok, so, a little personal but what the heck. I've posted naked pics for strangers to view, so why not. Well, my sex drive has gone through the roof! I'm a hot mess trying to heal here, swollen most days, and still sleeping in my recliner, but my hormones are raging! I'm sure this is normal...but I got work and school and serious stuff I gotta take care of. I just can't keep walking around in the state I'm in! Ugh. And, while driving into work today I started crying while singing to some song I don't even remember. I was celebrating my 30th day in my head and a flood of gratitude and joy and hope and just crazy waves of happy feelings busted out and I was boo-hooing down the freeway. I'm a mess, lovin' it, lovin' all ya'll being here to listen to my ranting, and lovin' the new me! Now I'm cryin' again. Agh, this has got to stop!'
I love it! I think you are just full of joy, joy, joy, and justifiably so!
Seattlesam, you're so right! I just haven't felt this level of joy before so its a trip getting ahold of it.
Looking good :) today is 30 days for me too!
Thanks, and happy 30th to you! :-)
You look great! I am so glad you posted. I had my tt one week ago, have loosened the compression garment because it was so uncomfortably tight, am experiencing discomfort (back hurts from being bent over; tummy feels tight but I hope that is a good sign!) but NO pain. Hardly took any pain pills. Looking forward to seeing my surgeon tomorrow; hoping he will remove the drains and instruct me on the garment tightness. Also had a little neck lipo last week to improve the result of a neck lift I had in December. My lower jaw area and neck are black and blue from the lipo. I had hoped to keep it a secret but I guess that's out the window! Good luck to you and keep posting!
Thanks seattlesam! And a tight tummy IS good. :) I so get what your saying about the back hurting. I was literally at a 90 degree the first week. A friend of mine loaned me a walker and cane which he had on hand. At first I didn't want to take them, but so glad I did. The walker got me through the first week, and the cane the second. My back couldn't have taken it without them! As for keeping it a secret, I say to heck with that. Let it all hang out, yelp it from the mountain top, and flaunt those bruises with pride! :-)
Thanks for the detail update, I feel all the things you described. Although I am still a month and half out I am nervous like heck...