33y/o, No Children Yet, Looking Forward to BBL but EXTREMELY Nervous...anyone Doing BBL in January Timeframe TX

About me...I am 5'8, 195 lbs, a lot of which is...

About me...I am 5'8, 195 lbs, a lot of which is muscle but def have mid section and back fat. I've thought about this surgery off and on very casually for the past couple years. Recently I've become obsessed with the idea of it. I recently found a ps that I feel comfy with in the DFW Metroplex, and I plan to let him perform my sx. I expect to have a nice round drool worthy backside (lol) but nothing cartoonish. I want to shoot for 1100ccs each cheek just due to anticipated volume loss.

2nd Consultation went well today

I've been doing my research and decided I needed to meet with Dr O again to feel at ease. After reading about a lot of ladies' journeys, it really helped me develop a list of pertinent criteria to inquire about.

I asked about his training in the area of bbl's and how he is staying abreast...answer is he has attended the latest fat grafting forums with the exception of the last one held in Brazil and he's always being proactive about sharpening his skills.

He's never had to give anyone a blood tranny.

Contrary to popular belief, there is no max amount of lipo'd fat that can be taken out in Tx as there is on Miami/other places. Therefore, I can gain weight to get more results and know that it will be getting sucked out when it's all said and done. He said that I would need to put on 10-15 lbs to get what I'm looking for, but I have an okay amount to work with as is. I keep telling Dr O that I think there's more fat than what he's thinking. He says he can put 800-1000 cc's in each cheek (this is after the contouring of my hips). I would like a solid 1100 cc's, especially knowing that I will lose about 30% of what's being injected.

I saw the garment provided with surgery and the lipo foam. The garment went all the way down to the ankles. I asked if this garment were necessary since I'm not getting thighs lipo'd, and Dr O said yes. It should reduce potential for swelling and clotting.

He also sells vitamin packages which is cool so I'm not on the hint for a bunch of stuff and spending unnecessarily.

I wanted to know his vision for what I am currently working with so I requested that he draw it on a sheet of paper. He was descriptive with his words but I needed a visual. I'm sure I was pretty annoying but he didn't seem to mind. His vision wasn't as dramatic as what I have in mind, but I know it's due to me not having a ton of fat. That too can be changed!!

$8900 is an investment but at least I will have piece of mind knowing that I'm in good hands, nice facility, and a top Tx hospital. I feel confident about Dr O. I think I'm ready to take the next step and send my down payment.

One of the things I am a little nervous about is that my hormones have been all over the place. My MD says he thinks my progesterone may be low, so they drew blood and I should know sometime this week. I've had some anxiety, restlessness, and lots of fatigue. These are all symptoms of low p. Dr O says if it turns out that this is the case, he would want to talk with my MD and have me stop taking the progesterone 3 weeks prior to surgery because it can make you clot.

We shall see! The journey is getting more real each day!

Photos

This is what 28% body fat looks like

Decided to go with Fisher.

So I started paying down to get the recovery house deal where vanity has a floor rented out at the extended stay. I've heard mixed reviews on this. Hopefully it was the best decision. Still looking like November timeframe.
Dallas Plastic Surgeon

Yaaaayy!! So what made you switch to Fisher?
now it is getting ready time... book your flight as early as possible, buy supplies and save for the surgery exciting!!!!!:) i am following your journey closely
Your going to look amazing! Now it's saving money and buying supplies time :)
Good luck it's seems that you have a lot of trust and confidence In your PS that he will deliver....
I would be interested in what he says about the low progesterone. Let me know what your doc says. :)
He has done some good work. How was your initial consultation with him?
Kayo 330 don't get discouraged I peen turned down by yilly cuz I got pmma
What's pmma? I have been looking at Duran's work too. It's just the thought of being all the way over there and something goes wrong. I would be mortified. I've come into wanting to ask more questions so I'm having a 2nd consultation with Dr O.
Check out Dr Fisher at Vanity in Miami. He does work like DR doctors. Most people come to FL because the state allows to remove up to 4 liters fat as suppose to 2 liters in other states
Omg that answers my main question wow omg I didn't know that was the case no wonder there are dramatically different results between the Dr THANK YOU .THE OTHER THINK I NEEDS TO SEE IF HE CAN PERFORM IT J HAD PMMA INJECTION TOO
Oh wow idk that. It seems like DR drs are more aggressive with their lipo. Guess not true
I totally agree which is why I quickly moved on and prepared myself by accepting that this will be my first of many denials realistically speaking and not NOT take it personal but instead consider all my best options
I have been looking at a lot of Cortez's work. But all the shuffling around to get back to Arlington (4hours) would make my recovery harder right?? I need help taking pre op photos, it's just me. Next time I my cousin comes over I will get her to take some for me and post.
Well I was undecided between dr salma.n cortez they amazing! ! Maybe even Juarez mexico there's a great dr there why don't u lost pre op
I got a quote from salama and pazmino which does virtual consultation....soooooooo cool plus free!!!!!you can't beat dat! You girls should look into fisher his work is very similar to Cortez's work but way cheaper plus always is running specials
See I have limited fat I'm 5*4 135 pods I'm a 32c 27 39.5.but I work out a lot n I only have fat n flanks n lower tummy so I have to go to a dr that is extreme experienced in this type o f thing in order for me to eeegood results and a difference
I totally agree
You girls are from what part of Texas ..I have family in mccallen .when your surgery's I'm shooting for Dec Jan after this fall semester
I'm from Arlington, it's in the mid of the metroplex. Do you live in tx too? Have you chosen a dr yet?
I'm from McAllen but left when I was 13. I'm now 42 n live in chicago
Oh well cortez or sales n Miami is amazing Ammazing but he is a lil pricy was gn a thinking of going to Juarez mexico.
I live in Las cruces but work in el paso
I saw one girl on RS who had gone to Tijuana, looked like he did a good job. I can't remember her name or dr name though
If money wasn't a issue I would of course do it here but there's great dr this dr in Juarez omg he did two of my friends breast and butt for 8000.he gave her lil tiny waist and a bubble butt .n then he gave another girl who lost 70 or 80 pounds a mommy make over but he chargers her 9500.I swear she looks so good she a dancer now ..but I am nervous of going under over there his name is dr rangel..another one I heard is ok is holguin n n ..Gonzalez look them up dr Gonzales speaks English but t he other 2 don't..
That would make me uncomfortable too. I need to have a clear line of communication with my dr. Are you just getting arms flanks abs and back lipo? I have started looking at Cortes because of all the hype he's getting. I hate that he's more expensive but not by much. I've been trying to see if he offers financing, do you know if he does or not?