33y/o, No Children Yet, Looking Forward to BBL but EXTREMELY Nervous...anyone Doing BBL in January Timeframe TX

About me...I am 5'8, 195 lbs, a lot of which is...

About me...I am 5'8, 195 lbs, a lot of which is muscle but def have mid section and back fat. I've thought about this surgery off and on very casually for the past couple years. Recently I've become obsessed with the idea of it. I recently found a ps that I feel comfy with in the DFW Metroplex, and I plan to let him perform my sx. I expect to have a nice round drool worthy backside (lol) but nothing cartoonish. I want to shoot for 1100ccs each cheek just due to anticipated volume loss.

2nd Consultation went well today

I've been doing my research and decided I needed to meet with Dr O again to feel at ease. After reading about a lot of ladies' journeys, it really helped me develop a list of pertinent criteria to inquire about.

I asked about his training in the area of bbl's and how he is staying abreast...answer is he has attended the latest fat grafting forums with the exception of the last one held in Brazil and he's always being proactive about sharpening his skills.

He's never had to give anyone a blood tranny.

Contrary to popular belief, there is no max amount of lipo'd fat that can be taken out in Tx as there is on Miami/other places. Therefore, I can gain weight to get more results and know that it will be getting sucked out when it's all said and done. He said that I would need to put on 10-15 lbs to get what I'm looking for, but I have an okay amount to work with as is. I keep telling Dr O that I think there's more fat than what he's thinking. He says he can put 800-1000 cc's in each cheek (this is after the contouring of my hips). I would like a solid 1100 cc's, especially knowing that I will lose about 30% of what's being injected.

I saw the garment provided with surgery and the lipo foam. The garment went all the way down to the ankles. I asked if this garment were necessary since I'm not getting thighs lipo'd, and Dr O said yes. It should reduce potential for swelling and clotting.

He also sells vitamin packages which is cool so I'm not on the hint for a bunch of stuff and spending unnecessarily.

I wanted to know his vision for what I am currently working with so I requested that he draw it on a sheet of paper. He was descriptive with his words but I needed a visual. I'm sure I was pretty annoying but he didn't seem to mind. His vision wasn't as dramatic as what I have in mind, but I know it's due to me not having a ton of fat. That too can be changed!!

$8900 is an investment but at least I will have piece of mind knowing that I'm in good hands, nice facility, and a top Tx hospital. I feel confident about Dr O. I think I'm ready to take the next step and send my down payment.

One of the things I am a little nervous about is that my hormones have been all over the place. My MD says he thinks my progesterone may be low, so they drew blood and I should know sometime this week. I've had some anxiety, restlessness, and lots of fatigue. These are all symptoms of low p. Dr O says if it turns out that this is the case, he would want to talk with my MD and have me stop taking the progesterone 3 weeks prior to surgery because it can make you clot.

We shall see! The journey is getting more real each day!

Photos

This is what 28% body fat looks like

Decided to go with Fisher.

So I started paying down to get the recovery house deal where vanity has a floor rented out at the extended stay. I've heard mixed reviews on this. Hopefully it was the best decision. Still looking like November timeframe.

Fisher paid in full! Surgery scheduled for Dec 8..

It is official. It is no turning back, bbl is paid in full! I was so nervous walking up to the bank to make my final payment. Originally I wanted a date in Nov but nothing was available:( however, I had Jessica put me on standby for week 2 of Nov. She spent a lot of time with me on the phone today going over things. One of which I learned is they are no longer using the extended stay. My cousin is coming along and I was counting on the 2nd bed in the room. She told me to request a room with 2 beds when coordinating my RH stay. I thing the RH will be better since there will be a nurse there at all times. Plus I heard not so good things about the hotel. Deep breath!! We shall see!

Anyone know of a good RH?

Just trying to review my options since I've heard some bad things about the vanity RH.

Anyone have a date with Dr Jonathan Fisher for the 2nd week of Nov they would like to swap for my Dec 8th date?

This was what I originally had in mind because of my job and because of the guest I have coming along. She's already asked for days off in Nov and I would hate to have her change. Thanks in advance!

Getting prepared for this bbl 5 weeks away!!

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get time off from work. I planned to get short term disability/medical leave. But Dr Fisher said if my job asks detailed questions for the time off, he has to tell then it's for a BBL! I can't have that. How are you guys going about getting time off??

One week away from BBL!

I'm nerrrrvous! And excited to get this over with already. One of my concerns is that I took cayenne with lemon juice last week. My last time taking it was yesterday, Sunday nov 30. My surgery is scheduled for Dec 8th. I've been reading all this stuff on how cayenne is bad to take right before surgery. It says to stop taking it 2 weeks prior at least. It will only have been one week for me. And I took DayQuil twice last week. I'm soooo worried that this might cause issues of some sort. What do y'all think?

Ish is getting real!

I just spoke to Nubia and she confirmed everything again. She said there's 16 girls coming in on Sunday with me!! Some staying at extended stay, some at recovery house. If you are coming in with this group let me know!

I'm cleared for surgery with Fisher Dec 8

It still feels surreal that this is actually going to happen. But I will go into that office positive and confident. Having a good attitude will definitely help the recovery process. I have to get some test done Monday am, something my dr office did not complete. So no biggie. I have to be back at 1:30 for the surgery. How annoying, I will be anticipating it all day. As I'm walking the beach or whatever, that's all I'm gonna be thinking about. But it's all good and God is in control. Another thing, I've been really constipated from taking iron these past months. Is it bad to go into surgery constipated? I haven't taken any stool softeners lately because I don't want to risk being dehydrated this close to surgery.

Crossed over into bootyland 2days ago!

I've been sleeping a lot and want to apologize for the late review. I missed my freaking flight Sunday evening so ended up flying in Monday am at 9:30. Everything was rush rush rush! Nubia was on time, she took me straight to the room so I could shower, then we headed straight to vanity. On the outside, it looks crummy but the inside is nice and clean. Thank God my Spanish came back to me, as very few people are fluent in English here. As we checked in I began seeing ladies with bbl's, 2 days post op-4 days post op. It was really encouraging to see them up and moving around. My nerves were shot though! I was anxious when I went back to speak with Fisher. He is really nice though. Had me show him a couple pics. The pics had nice size booties so I combined that with my request to not look like a cartoon. The nurse took me back and the anthestiologist put my IV in. He's very attractive lol!! I must have been pretty anxious throughout everything because I woke up with shortness of breath and I had bit my lip really bad. I woke up on my back so of course I was in a little pain due to laying on my booty. Stomach pain is worse than anything. It's more of getting in and out of the bed that's difficult. I was also very stiff. Once I'm up walking around, I feel
Good.

Same day photos, day 1

Day 2

I didn't get much sleep the first night because it's hard to sleep on my stomach and my neck was hurting. My nurse was a huge help, her name is Barbara and she's from Cuba. She was so awesome that I wanted to hire her again but didnt because I need to spend cautiously. I went and got my massage and it honestly felt pretty good. I took a pain pill beforehand. My back was a breeze but I had to get used to the belly massage which I had to stand up for. One thing that freaked me out was that I began to get nauseous. Idk why I didn't want to take the nausea med but I did when I got home. It's a suppository you insert in your butt. Everything was fine after the med. forgot to mention a couple things that helped me, taking pain pills around the clock, eat as often as you can to regain your strength, and drink plenty of smart water. A lot of people say Gatorade is best, but smart water is just as good because it has the same eletrolytes, no b vitamins or color/sugar. B vitamins are good for you I know, but I can't take anything that gives me energy due to anxiety. Ooooooh and the female urinal is a must. I hold it under the slit in my garment and I pee right into it. Not messy whatsoever.

Day 3 weak and nauseous

I woke up at 6am and went to the lobby if my hotel to get breakfast. The morning started off very good and strong. I took a nap then got up to take my garment off n shower. Now mind you, this is the first time taking the garment off all by myself. I got dizzy like I wanted to faint, but said no I'm gonna push through this shower. I got it over with real quick then had to hey back in the bed, no garment on or anything. I felt like crap and would rather lay without my garment than pass pity trying to get it back on. I didn't go to my massage appt today either:((( I was too weak! I decided to take my pur absorb wgich gave me the energy I needed. I called vanity to see if I could take vitamins yet and the answer was no. No vitamins until 5 days after surgery.
Dallas Plastic Surgeon