Excellent Results - Southfield, MI

I was nervous about going through with surgery! I...

I was nervous about going through with surgery! I was told by my dr and his interns that I wouldnt need my pain meds, maybe just for the first day and that i should be back to normal within few days... needless to say my experience wasnt that easy!

The day of the surgery I was uncomfortable and could not sleep. I am a nose breather so it was extremely difficult to breathe out of my mouth. It also dried my mouth and would wake up every 20 min. I had to take vicodin every 4 hours for the first week because of the discomfort. Also lost 12lbs that week, I recommend eating soft foods!

Its been 5 weeks post op and I am happy I did it! I look younger and couldn't be more pleased with the outcome!

Your results are great you must be real happy. When could you start breathing out your nose? I'm a nose breather too, and I can't breathe through my nose only mouth. I had the same surgery as you septo/rhino. What day would you say you could at least breathe out your nose a little bit to where you were happy to getting better? Day 3, 4? By the way It's my first day and my nose feels like its oozing like making pop corn i know that it sounds weird but its making all these bubbly noises and dripping blood its been like this for 10 hours so far. But It doesn't seem dangerous so I haven't done anything about it. I only changed my dressing like 5x in 10 hours. Which I heard go to the emergency if you need more then 4 dressings in 1 hour. Anything crunchy like cereal with almond milk seems good but it makes my nose start bleeding a bit more so i think i gotta eat SOFT FOODS :/ I cant wait till this is over and I GET MY CAST OFF My pain isnt so bad and I got meds for that anyway.
Hello, I would say by day 6 or 7 is when I was actually was able to have any breathing through my nose. It was completely blocked the first few days and thats from swelling, so let it heal, dont play with it, its not all blood in there. I used q tips dipped in peroxide to help loosen the blood just around the tip and that really helped, don't stick it up your nose though, it can worsen the healing. I changed my dressings every few hours but it was not heavy bleeding, i just felt gross. I could not eat anything but applesauce, yogurt, soups and oatmeal the first 4 to 5 days and thats not only because its nearly impossible to eat anything else but because it can cause a stitches to loosen. Don't worry in 2 weeks you will feel so much better. My pain was at its peak by the second day, then it was more facial pressure than anything. BTW when you get your cast off you will see results but keep in mind its still going to be swollen, so its not the final results, its been 4 months and its still going down in size. :)
Hello, I would say after the cast comes off you will feel relieved and able to start breathing a little better out of your nose. What helped me was using saline spray to help loosen the dried blood, also I used neosporin with a q-tip at the opening of the nostrils to help. I hope this helps and good luck! Its been 2 years and I am really happy I did it!
Yeah dr brandes did my surgery too i cant wait to get this off its day 3. Bleeding has decreased alot since first day but it is still in there and drips after a while if i take off my dressing it could be from the ointment im using making it loose but the nurse said as long as you dont have to change your dressing 4x with in 1 hour then your fine. And im changing it like 3x a day if that. So i hope thats normal. I was able to sleep last night and that was good. I dont know why the front teeth are bugging me though. I want to eat real food! But everytime I do i hate that my nose bleeds or drips and I cant stand eating with the dressing on. LOL Well thanks for your feedback
Who did your surgery?
Hi there, your nose looks great, which doctor operated on you, thanks.
I had the same discomfort from the nasal packing and afterwards, congestion, but it was totally worth it. You look great!! Congrats
Name of practice?
Thanks for the information - I wished I could have read your post before my surgery. I had to laugh because I had the exact same experience in March of 2011. I told my doctor I wouldn't need the pain medications since I went through a c-section and only needed Motrin. Yeah, well, it didn't exactly work out that way! I also took my pain medications every 4 hours the first few days. It was described to me as a 4 out of 10 on the pain scale. Nope, a lot more than that! Your nose looks wonderful and thank you for sharing.
What ethnicity are you? Im middle eastern but I'm too scared to have it done, because not many surgeons have experience with ethnic noses.
can you say what doctor you went to or the name of the practice?

You look awesome. You must be so thrilled. Thanks for posting your story and photos here on RealSelf. They will help others going through the same process for sure!

omg you look amazing! your new nose really complements your features. im planning on having mine done in June and im really excited about it. i love it when ppl post really good before and after pics on here. it is really encouraging to me! that was a good price too! he/she really knew what they were doing i can tell