PRP and Fractional Laser Treatment - South Korea, KR

So I'm going in to my clinic for my first...

So I'm going in to my clinic for my first treatment of fractional laser, which will be focused on acne scars on my forehead. I will also be getting PRP on my whole face. I live in south Korea but am British and caucasian. After reading reviews on here about the laser I got really scared and went today with my Korean friend who helped translate, and I am not so nervous anymore!

I have paid 1,100,000won ($1000, £600) for the whole treatments. This include 4 sessions of laser and 6 sessions of PRP!

I will try and upload some before pictures and keep everyone posted as to how it goes :) wish me luck!

I received the CO2Fractional Laser treatment and...

I received the CO2Fractional Laser treatment and PRP on saturday and I really dont know what I was worried about. I went alone this time, therefore could not communicate with the staff ad they didnt speak english, so I was a little nervous at times becuase I didnt know what they were doing. They did explain each step as they were doing it, but it was in Korean so I couldnt undertand.

I arrived at the clinic at 2pm and was taken into a room to lie on a bed. A nurse took a blood sample for the PRP while another nurse cleansed and massaged my face. This was quite relaxing and took my mind off the fact that there was a needle in my arm. The blood sample was a little uncomfortable as the needle seemed to be in there for a long time, maye 7 minutes. It was definately longer than a normal blood test and the band round my arm was really tight.

Next, the nurse rubbed some cool cream on my face and I later presumed it was a numbing gel as my lips felt weird when i moved them. I lay on the bed for 20minutes while the numbing gel did its magic.

The doctor then came and i was moved to another room for the treatments. He did the laser treatment first and I think this only lasted about 5minutes and it wasnt painful at all. The laser was only done on my forehead where the acne scars are. It felt like a small sewing needle being lightly pricked on my skin. It was definately less painful than getting a tattoo or a wax (ladies). He then started the PRP by saying "little bit ouch". My expectations of the PRP were that, I would get several injections into my face from a normal syringe needle. My eyes were closed so I didnt see the needle exactly but it definately wasnt what I was expecting. It seemed like it was lots of little needles in a circle shape, the size of a large coin. They were then injected into my face in a stamping motion (like how you would stamp a smiley face on a kids homework) very fast all over the area below my eyes to my chin. He didnt do it on my forehead for some reason. I found this quite painful, especially when he did my cheekbones, and he seemed to do this area more often that the rest of my face. Again the PRP only lasted for 5minutes.

A nurse then squirted some liquid from a syringe in a controlled way, following the doctors directions, while the doctor rubbed it into my face. This was done for about ten minutes. I then got moved back to the original room and the nurse put a freezing old sheet mask on me and rubbed some gel on top of that. I lay there for about 30minutes, until a nurse came through and tried to explain somethings in korean. I didnt understand anything so I told them my korean friend would call later and he could translate.

They sent me away with antibiotic cream, a syringe full of brown/yellow liquid, 2 ice packs and sold me a rejuvinating snail serum.
I arrived at the clinic at 2 and left around 3:45.

Immediately after the treatment my head felt a little hot, but was not painful at all and it was too red. I was able to walk along the street and didnt feel embarrased. It felt a little tight on my forehead from the laser. The area where the PRP was done just looked normal. If i looked closely i could see tiny blood spots where the needles were injected. As the evening went on, my head got redder and visable grid lines appeared, although it didnt burn and was not painful at all. I applied the anti biotic cream just whenever it felt tight, but they recommended to apply 3 times a day. I also used an ice pack on my head, but I didnt really need to as it didnt feel hot. I just did it because I had an ice pack there. Later on lots of dots appeared on my head that looked like spots, but they were not raised, however they disappeared after a few hours.

After my friend called the clinic and translated, I found out the liquid in the syringe was named PPT (dont know what it stands for). They told us I was to put half on my face before bed, put the rest in the fridge and use the other half in the morning. It also went out of date the next day. I really hope this wasnt important because when i tried to push half the liquid from the syringe, I ended up squirting the whole lot all over my friends bathroom ceiling. oops! I managed to salvage about 20percent of it and put that on my face hoping for the best. I also put the snail serum on before bed too. They told me I couldnt get my head wet for 3 days so I didnt wash my face before bed.

Day 2

When I woke the next day, my head was less red. The grid lines were still visbale but less prominent however it felt a lot drier. I was in no pain at all and the skin wasnt flakey. I applied the anti biotic cream through out the day to keep it moisturised.I also put factor 50 on my head as I was spending the day outdoors. I did not look too bad and was able to go shopping with no makeup on without feeling concious. I also felt there was a slight improvement to my forehead at the area between my eyebrows.

Day 3

Today the redness has further subsided and there is still no flaking however it feels dry to touch. The grid lines are still visable but not as bad as the first day. I am working today so want to wear makeup, but I might just cover my head with my hair as I dont want to risk affecting the results. I am also dying to wash my face or exfoliate or something but I will hold of until tomorrow. Il upload more pictures in a few days if there is a big change.

Day 4 Today the pigmentation is lighter and the...

Day 4

Today the pigmentation is lighter and the skin on my forehead nearly matches the color of the skin on the rest of my face. The skin on my head has started to peel off now so hopefully it will be done in a few days. Its not scabby or bleeding, just tiny little flakes and just loos like I have dry skin.

I dont see much difference in the area where the prp was done. It does feel softer and the skin tone looks more even but I still have redness around my nose and chin and this is what I wanted to fix.

Day 6 My forehead, the area where the laser was...

Day 6

My forehead, the area where the laser was done, has completely healed now. All the sandpaper like skin has flaked off to reveal brighter and silky soft skin. On day 5 and 6 I used a very mild exfoliating scrub which helped along the peeling. Although it feels softer and looks a bit brighter the scars are still there, however I wasnt expecting miracles after the first time. My doctor advised that I would see a 20% improvement after the first session. I feel like there is a slight improvement, and I have been able to wear less makeup. usually when i wore makeup on that area, the makeup would set into the scars and make them more visible. Now when iv been wearing makeup it looks a lot better and smoother. The grid lines have completely dissapeared and the redness has gone, to match the rest of my face (allthough my face is naturally quite pink)

With regards to the PRP, I dont think there is any difference. My face is softer and looks a bit brighter. I feel like my skin does not look as bad without makeup as it did before. However Im not sure of this is my imagination. Again, the PRP takes a few weeks to work and I have to get 5 more sessions of that so only time will tell.

I have uploaded photos comparing the before photo and day 6 photo. I tried to sit in the same position as the before photo, so as to get the same lighting in both photos, but I think the lighting is a little different, making my face look lighter in the Day 6 photo. However I think you can see a very slight imprvement. My next laser and prp session is on 22nd december so Il get another update for you then :)

I had my 2nd session of CO2 laser and PRP on...

I had my 2nd session of CO2 laser and PRP on saturday, 3 weeks after my first session.

This time round there has been more sweeling and redness and I found it harder to cover with my hair. The doctor also dod the PRP on my forehead after he had done the laser so that was a bit more painful than the last time.

It has been 6 days now since I had the second session and my forehead is still a little red and the left side is slightly swollen. I think this has been caused by the PRP.

After looking at before and after pictures I can see a slight improvement to the middle area of my forehead, however i dont feel there is an improvement to the scars at my temples.

I am happy with the results of the PRP on the rest of my face. Although I didnt have acne or scars on my lower face, the skin tone was uneven , dry and dull. After the PRP is is bright and soft and the skin looks more firm and toned. People have been commenting on how good the skin on my cheeks look. It is not flawless wihtout makeup but there is definatel an improvement. I fond myself wearing a lot less makeup than I did before the treatment and with a light layer of BB cream my skin looks flawless.

I have my next session in 3 weeks time.
Trend S clinic

I had a consultation in a number of clinics and this one seemed to offer me the best treatment for my desired results without my down time being too long.