I Choose to Live and Live Life at Its Fullest - South Holland, IL

I'm a 31 yr old mother of 2 wonderful...

I'm a 31 yr old mother of 2 wonderful daughters ages 14 &10. I had my first daughter at 17 and although my body snapped back into shape I was left with terrible unsightly stretch marks. With the birth of my second daughter I lost all of the weight I gained however was left with a saggy lower belly that would never go away no matter how much weight I lost and worked out.

I'm 5'4 and currently 147 lbs. I work out 4-5 times a week. My goal is to lose another 10lbs by surgery. I feel my body looks good; however my stomach makes me feel so uncomfortable. I have wanted this for over 14 years and I have finally decided to do it no matter how selfish or vain some people make think it is. I deserve it. I don’t expect to look like a super model. I just want to be able to wear a bikini, something I have never done in my life. I want to feel beautiful.

Well it’s done. Today I booked my surgery and...

Well it’s done. Today I booked my surgery and paid my deposit. I am scheduled to have a full tummy tuck and lipo of my lateral thighs on June 11th. My pre-op is scheduled for May 28th, which is also my birthday. I can’t say that I’m exactly exited, I feel a little overwhelmed and a little disbelief. I still have to lose my last 10 lbs and of course it’s the hardest. I’m thinking about trying the HGC diet. Has anyone had any luck with it? 82 more days to go until I am on the other side. Happy healing ladies!

Wow 35 more days until surgery. I am a nervous...

Wow 35 more days until surgery. I am a nervous wreck. Last week I had no appetite this week I can’t stop eating. I had my second consultation with my ps last week and it went great. I may add a breast lift to my surgery; I am just waiting on my ps office to give me the good news I am hoping for. Fingers crossed. I think I have talked about this so much to everyone; everybody is tired of hearing about it. I feel really alone and I don’t think my husband knows how to be supportive.

I have so much other stuff going on right know. My oldest daughter is graduating from eighth grade and I need to get her all set and registered for high school. Her birthday is also the day before my surgery and I don’t want her to feel overlooked. Money is also a little tight right now, so I feel a little guilty spending this much money on myself.
Well, I’m going to start updating more I think this is very good for me. Happy healing to all the ladies on flat land and happy waiting to all with upcoming surgeries.

Ok, ladies, I did it. June 11th was the day and I...

Ok, ladies, I did it. June 11th was the day and I know it has been a while and I have not posted. The reason being, I did not know what to say. This is major surgery and major pain. I am 12 days po and very uncomfortable. But I have to be honest, the TT is not bad and not the worse part. I also had lipo of the lateral thighs and that is pretty painful but manageable. The worst part of this whole thing is that I got a terrible rash on my vagina on backside. I got the rash because for the first three days after surgery I wash these areas with anti-bacterial bar soap which is something I never used before I only used dove soap. I guess I was not rinsing the soap well though the compression garment and the soap literally ate my flesh. The rash in conjuction with sitting and laying consistly, needless to say left me in alot of pain. It is now just getting better. I will post po pics soon. happy healing ladies.
Chicago Plastic Surgeon

I give my Dr. 4 stars he is amazing.

Thanks Kimmers!

Well with everything going on in your life time is going to fly by.  That's good you are so busy!  Less time to stress and think so much.

Soon girlie!!

Hello Missi, when I saw your pic I thought to myself wow, That looks like my stomach. I am scheduled for surgery in 8 days. I am having Tummyh Tuck with lipo of my sides, and BR.. Good luck with your procedure and I hope to be following you on this Journey!!
Hey Missi, oh how I can relate. for all who hate or think we are being selfish can kick rocks...lol as I always say you do you and happiness will follow:) I'm schedule a couple May 15th started a blog my self... looking forward to sharing the anticapation with ya...
HI, My stomach looks very close to yours. I had my first daughter when I was 16, and then had two more. I am 5'2 and my weight is 145, I work out and I am sold. I go in on May 4th for my TT..I am excited and scared all in one.... Reading all the posts helps me in so many ways..
Good luck to u Missi
Thanks ladies for the encouragement. I sent my deposit in today. I can’t believe it is really happening. I feel like it’s too good to be true. I’m kind of waiting for something to go wrong. How will I handle waiting 90 days? It’s so surreal.
My shape was very similar to yours. I worked out like crazy, but my saggy skin would not go back. Do not listen to those who make you feel vain or like you don't need surgery. I am 11 months post op and so proud of my body. Now it finally matches how I feel. All the exercise I did, would not make my skin tight. The surgery just "tweaked" what I could not control myself. You are the same! Be proud and enjoy the fact that you work hard to get where you are and you totally deserve to feel good about yourself! Keep us posted on your recovery!
its funny because i used to feel just like u that i was being selfish ... but girl.. dont u deservre it im almost 2 week post op and i dont regret it at all. we are same height and almost same weight with the same issue ughh the belly lol.. you are going to look fabulous and everything is going to be fine oh and its not as bad as peolple say at all good luck on your tt:)