Less Than 1 Week! - Florida, FL

Hi All. I've been reading the postings on this...

Hi All. I've been reading the postings on this site for the last several weeks and can't tell you how much I appreciate reading about all of your experiences. I've gone back and forth on getting implants since I was a kid. I'm now 51 years old, and the sudden death of a family member my age made me realize I need to do what I want now and not defer, or judge. I always struggled with things like is it frivolous, silly etc.. I'm now realizing that if its going to make me feel good and not hurt anyone..go for it! I'm sched for Tues 4/9, and cannot believe its almost here! I've looked at more pics of women's boobs than I can say (which my friends think is hilarious) and I think I'm ready. I'm 5'1 and 1/4 (the 1/4 is SOOO important) and weigh around 100 lbs. I think I'm getting around 285 mid profile saline, and am terrified I will be too big..am going back on Monday for one more sizing. We'll see.

Hi Everyone, I can't believe it's almost 4/9!!! ...

Hi Everyone, I can't believe it's almost 4/9!!! I have a couple of questions...what is this "morning boob" I'm reading about? Does not seem fun at all. Also, my PS does have exparel in her office but seems to think its only necessary for tummy tucks. She said she only used in one patient for a BA. Does it make a big difference? I'm wondering if I should ask for it?

It's tomorrow and I think I had the worst day...

It's tomorrow and I think I had the worst day before ever. I've been running around trying to make everything perfect, control freak that I am, and I accidentally gave my dog a pill meant for me not him. I caught it quick, buts its got seriously bad side effects for small dogs, so I had to rush him to emergency. They're keeping him overnight, but jeez, the things you just don't expect.... I decided to go with the exparel shot. Pricey but but worth it. So the best day tomorrow would be healthy dog and healthy boobs

I made it!!! So far so good. I can't really tell...

I made it!!! So far so good. I can't really tell the size b/c of the dressing but I think I'm gonna love. Also thank goodness for Exparel. Ladies, it your dr offers it, get it. All I feel is pressure, but no pain yet. The lidocaine hasn't worn off yet, I'll see tomorrow. So excited I'm done. And my dog is fine. All in all, yay!!! I keep thinking I'm wearing a padded be, but it's actually me. Wow!!!

Hi, it's day 2, and like everyone said its a bit...

Hi, it's day 2, and like everyone said its a bit worse than day 1. I'm SOOO glad I got the exparel shot, I can't imagine how it would feel without. I got a first look at my new additions today. They're super high, but the Dr at my post op showed me how to massage. I'm sure it works and I will do it, but wow does it hurt. The only bad thing so far is that I've had an allergic reaction in the form of hives. I don't know what drugs are causing it, but I really need to get rid of them. My dr gave me a medrol pack and I have to take Benadryl...fun fun! I hope everyone else doing there's this week are doing well!

Hi, all good. Breasts look great, the worst part...

Hi, all good. Breasts look great, the worst part is the allergic reaction I'm having to something. Not sure what, but parts of me are bright bright scarlet. Nothing is easy, but I think it's gonna be worth it. Btw, since they don't know what caused rthe allergy, I can't use any pain meds. That's a huge bummer!

Hi, haven't posted in a few days because this...

Hi, haven't posted in a few days because this allergic reaction is driving me nuts. I basically have hives all over my body which itch and make it hard to sleep. I was given a shot of something and a medrol pack, but it's still not much better. What's ironic is that the discomfort from the rash is way worse than the surgery. Boobs look ok, but of course now I wish I went bigger, I guess we'll see when they drop. Happy healing to all!!!

8 days PO and I am so happy I did this! The...

8 days PO and I am so happy I did this! The whole allergic reaction thing has been a big drag, but other than that all I can say is, why the heck did I wait so long? I spent my entire life as a flat chested woman, and having breasts feels like the most natural thing in the world. I went pretty small 240 cc in left and 260 in right, but I'm 5'1, 98 lbs with a super small frame, Maybe I could have gone bigger in retrospect, but it's amazing to actually fill out clothes. I'm reading on some posts that when they drop they look bigger, is that the case? I hope all who've recently done this are as happy as I am!!!
Dr Christina Keusch

I did a lot of research on-line, and was also told by my dermatologist that she's one of the best in the area.

How are things now that you are around 3 weeks post op? have they dropped much?
I am having a good chuckle from your 1/4 of an inch in height meaning so much!!! I cannot agree more! I'm the tall one in the family and baaareely 5"3. I'm 5"2 1/4, i ALWAYS bump it up he he! Also, allergic reactions to meds stink!! Its even worse when u find our while in recovery. I found out I was allefgic to acetaminophen after I had all my wisdom teeth extracted. Anaphylaxis is the scariest thing ever. I thought I was going to die. I make sure everyone knows I'm allergic to it.
I know exactly what you mean about filling out the cloths. After a life time of dressing like a boy or wearing a padded bra we can finally choose any top we like. Have fun getting a swimsuit!!!!!! It's crazy good. Got pictures?

Sorry to hear about your allergic reaction. I have a friend that is allergic to pain medication. You may want to do some allergy testing with a doctor, once you are fully recovered. It's important for you and your family to have a general idea of what you reacted to in case you ever need surgery in the future. At least get a specific list from your doctor and anesthesiologist of all drugs used during your surgery, and note this in all your doctor's charts. Just a precaution! Hope you feel some relief soon!!

I'm so glad you made it through it fine and that your dog is well. Keep us posted. I have a mammogram end of this month and come sept when some bills will be paid off I will probably go for a consult.
Thanks so much! I definetly recommend Dr. Keusch. She's in Boca and so far she's been great!
Lol I was just watching her you tube video. I'm about 35 to 40 minutes from her. I have one doctor in mind closer to me but I think I will also check Dr. Keusch out. Thanks and be well!!
We will have boobs on Tuesday! Yay. I think it is awesome that you are doing what you want to make yourself feel better. There will always be people that don't understand. You have to go for what you want in life regardless. :) I too have looked at more pictures of boobs than I ever thought possible lol. I have boobs on the brain. I can't wait for surgery day to finally be over with! Good luck on Tuesday. I will check back for your updates. :)
That's perfect - boobybrain, I love it and am so there too. Thanks for your supportive words and good luck to you too!
I am on 4/11, only a few more days! I hear you on the size. I struggled with that myself. I'm much taller than you (5'10"), but didn't want them big, so I'm doing 320 silicone. I'm very active and wanted perky boobies, not big breasts. I"ve never heard of Exparel, what's that?
It's so hard to figure out size...so many people say they wish they'd have gone bigger, but I really don't want to big, I just want to say goodbye to padded bras! Exparel is a shot that you can get (it's about $250) but I think it numbs you for the first 3 days, which are supposed to be the hardest. I think it's fairly new. I'm going to talk to my PS on Monday about it.
I have similar stats to you (I am 5' 10") and had 320 cc silicone a few weeks ago. Are you happy with the size? I like mine but have had some comments on how "small" they are and I am starting to wonder if I went too small... Are you happy with the size you chose?
I am happy with them, but actually feel I could have gone smaller. We all have different goals and mine was just to be perky, not boobalicious. I'm a runner and very active and didn't want boobs in the way and be able to still wear a simple sports bra. they are still new and I'm getting used to them, but think I could have gone 275 and been just fine with them. I wouldn't worry about what anyone says, they are such a personal thing and you're the one that has them. If you love them, that's what counts! Are you going to add info to you profile? pics, a story, etc. ?
Teddy where are you in Florida if I may ask? I'm in south Florida And will be 50 next week and I'm thinking about getting a consultation. I 'm scheduled for a mammo end of the month and I know I need that first And a physical so I was pitting off the consult. Still having doubts but yet still wanting implants. Let me know how you do.
Hi! I'm in south Florida too! You def have to have the mammo, and if you're over 50, they told me they needed an EKG and a note from my dr saying I was cleared for surgery. It was pretty simple. You should have a couple of consultations, at least. You learn a lot (just don't let them sell you) and it helped me figure out that I wanted to do this. Though now that its getting so close, I'm like...what am I'd doing??? :)

What do they say? 50 is new 40? Or is it 30 now? It's interesting what triggers us to do what we really want to do in life. I don't think it's ever too late to do this. Good for you! Anxious to hear how your appt goes on Monday. If you can, take some photos with your sizers so we can help you out with your decision!

Thanks Beth! I will try to do some before shots in a bikini top. Too shy for anything else :). Btw, what do you know about exparel? And yes, lately the way I've been feeling 50 is def the new 30!

I totally understand about the photos!!  ;)

Congratulations and remember your only as old as you feel. I'm sure your gonna look great with your new set of boobs; good luck; can't wait to see pics.
Thanks Violet. I'm a bit terrified, but SOOO excited.
Awes you'll be fine; you'll be shoeing those girls off before u know it: lol!
Best of luck to you. Let us know how everything goes. I'll be 50 next week and have been thinking of implants for a while now. I'm afraid of all the risks but I'm flat chested and hate it. People I tell think I'm nuts and tell me not to get implants . I'm still on the fence about it
Thank you! I figured that at 51 I needed to do it now, or give it up. I told the friends that I shared with, that some folks get tattoos at 50, I'm getting boobs! :)
Oh hell to the no! 50 is the new 30. A number does not dictate my decisions. Get a motorcycle at 60. Why not?
Thanks for that. Now of course I want a motorcycle!!! :)