Lower Blepharoplasty - Well Worth It! - South Carolina

For about 5 years or more now, I have wanted this...

For about 5 years or more now, I have wanted this surgery. Most would say, "it's not that bad", but to me I hated it and I had to see it everyday. Bags under the eyes run in my family, so I knew that it would get worse. I decided to see a surgeon and decided to do it! My surgery was June 7th, 2012 and I am 4 weeks post op. Very thrilled with my results and do not regret it at all! All went well. Surgery was about 2 hours, (I also had my left ear lobe fixed where I had a tare and my ear ring hole was too big) Healing of eyes was fast and bruising went away sooner that I thought it would. I did get Chemosis in my right eye. It is irritation and prolonged edema of the white part of the eye. Fluid builds up in the lining of the eye and protrudes some. I was prescribed steroid drops and its cleared in about 15 days. I have to say, it's so nice not to have to see the bags anymore or to have to worry about wether people were looking at them. I'm so happy with result! I was out of work for two weeks due to my job I do. First week spend with ice on eyes. Second week was much better. Best of luck to anyone getting it done. Be sure to check your doctor before having the surgery to be sure you have a good one.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Sorry, I failed to mention how old I am in the...

Sorry, I failed to mention how old I am in the beginning of my review. I'm 41.

I'm a 52yo male who had upper bleph in Dec and lower bleph in Feb. All I can say is be very careful in picking your PS. Mine hardly looked at me much less talked to me. I'm in Colorado and did about 11 consults. Anyway my uppers went well, but my lower were done the transcutaneous method and one eye was left mildly droopy. Thank goodness I massaged the hell out of it. It much better now. Bottom line please be careful and keep in the mind the old adage, money talks and BS walks....... :)
Hi, Did you feel like swelling decreased more rapidly after day seven? I just had a lower bleph five days ago and am trying to gauge my recovery… Thank you for any insights… Your results look great!
Tina-
I had my surgery on Tuesday morning at 8am, and I'm on day 3.
I'm so excited by your results; I just turned 40 and this is my gift to myself.
J. Lovette

The doctor and staff were fantastic. Would recommend Lovette to anyone needing any plastic surgery. I was referred to this doctor by two family members who talked highly of all the staff and doctors there. Would go back to Lovette for any surgery needed!