I started my BA/BL process a long time ago. About...

I started my BA/BL process a long time ago. About 3 years ago to be exact. I saw a PS that I liked, but didn’t love, but the consultation gave me a reality check when it came to how much the procedure was going to cost. So I saved my pennies and just recently, June 13th 2013, I met with Dr. Viscardi at The Centre PC. Dr. Viscardi and his team were very welcoming and walked me through every aspect of the surgery. I had a list of questions I wanted to ask written out, but at the end of the consultation, I didn’t have to ask a single one because they were all answered.

I went home and talked to my fiancé a little more about it and decided that Dr. Viscardi was a fantastic PS and I really felt like I was in good hands, so the next day I called and set up my pre-op appointment.

On June 27th 2013, I went to my pre-op appointment and was given LOTS of information! Renee, the cosmetic coordinator went over everything with me. She told me about the pre-op vitamins, VitaMedica, that I needed to start talking right away and she gave me a prescription for a pre-op antibiotic to take 7 days before my surgery. I also have to take Bromelain starting 3 days before surgery and Arnica Montana starting the day of my surgery. It looks like a lot to remember, but Renee has it all written down for me and it makes it so easy to remember. I was also given Silicon scar sheets to use after surgery along with ice packs, lotion and a prescription for pain meds.

Towards the middle of my appointment Dr. Viscardi came into the room and measured me once more, to see how broad my shoulders/chest space was, and then we went over implant size, shape, location and the incision shape. He explained everything so I could understand it easily and even explained why he thought an under the muscle implant vs. over the muscle implant was best for me. It was nice to feel like he really wanted the outcome of my surgery to be as absolutely close to my expectations as he could get.

Finally before I left, I paid for my surgery and then Renee showed me what doors I’d be coming in on surgery day.

I hope the next 10 days fly by! I can’t seem to focus on anything other than my surgery!!
I'll post pre-op/before photos soon!

Before Pics

This is what I hope to NEVER look like again!
BEFORE PICS

You will do great!
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm sooo ready! Every morning all I can think about is how many more days till I wake up for surgery. lol I wish it was here already, but I know this busy wknd will fly by and then it'll just be a few more days...
The silicone scar strips work wonders . I've been using it for two months now. My scars are so light and smooth. However, I was told to wait 5 Weeks post op to start using it. Good luck !

PS ordering a range of implant sizes VS you picking your own CC?

I called my PS office yesterday because after reading PLENTY of RealSelf stories, I realized my PS never told me what CC he was going to use for my implants. He told me to bring in pictures of what I wanted to look like, which I did, and that he would match me closely to that size. I'm 5'5 and 180lbs (bigger than most of you, I might add) :-/ and I wear a 36C. My loose/saggy boobs spill out of a lot of my bras so I'm constantly adjusting them, but if I wear a 36D then I have a lot of empty space in the top of my bra (like in my pictures). I have a decent amount of breast tissue already, according to my PS, so his nurse said that he ordered a range of saline implants from 385cc-405cc and he'd pick the best fit during surgery. Have any of your PS done this? Pick a range of saline implants instead of having you pick a specific CC? A lot of ladies on here are talking about boob greed, but I feel like that at all.. All I can do is trust that my PS will give me the look I desired from the photos.

I was told to bring in pictures and I do not know what size my ps will use I go in Monday for one more consultation then surgery Wed.
Okay that makes me feel better. Lol I just didn't know if it was 'normal' for PS to do that.
My PS asked me if I trusted her to make the final decision on size during surgery. I told her I trusted her judgment. She ordered 380cc and 410cc. I ended up with 380cc and they look great. So if u trust your Dr capabilities then let him decide.

7 DAYS!!!

At this exact time, in 7 days, I'll be in surgery! I can't wait. At this point I feel like all I do is think about the surgery, the size, the scars, the shape, the pain, the feeling of not having to wear a push up bra afterwards.. and on and on.. So its pretty much boobs 24/7. lol Really hoping this last week flys by, all I have to do is keep my house in order and make a few more meals to freeze and I'll be ready to go!

I can't wait to see your post-op pics and how your sugery went!! My surgery is in 8 days, I think about it day and night!!! So nervous!! But reading the reviews of the other girls, it reassures me, because in their opinion, it's not as painful as I think it would be!!! Good luck!!
I think the closer it gets, the more excited I get and the less nervous I am. lol I'm sure my nerves will kick in day of surgery! I'm relieved that the other girls are saying that it isn't as painful as what they had thought too! The pain is definitely worrisome, but I know it'll be worth it in the end.

Don't worry, we all are obsessing about breasts on this site. It's completely normal to be overcome with nerves, excitement, fear, etc. Yes, I have heard of many doctors determining cc's during surgery. As long as you have a general range in mind along with photos, you should be good to go! Has your PS seen the bra in your photos that you want to fill out? How did the rice sizers work out? Looking forward to your next update!

Someone pinch me!!

I can't believe I'm only counting down the DAYS till my surgery!! My 3 year journey is almost done!! I'll be posting more pictures tonight with my rice sizers, my bikini top and with more shirts that I can't wait to look great in! :)

I'll pinch u, and u pinch me. Lol Yay andi_46526, we are up next! This is our week! Best wishes
ok deal!! Can you believe its almost time!?!?!?!?! Best wishes to you too! I don't know what I would of done without RealSelf. It's nice to talk to people who know EXACTLY what I'm feeling!
I go on July 10

More pictures, with rice sizers.

Maybe I don't have a good imagination, but I didn't like the rice sizers very well. It was really hard for me to picture what I'm going to look like because I already have breast tissue so I wasn't sure how to postion the sizer. They just ended up making me look lumpy. Here are a couple of the 'better' pictures.
The thing I did learn tho, is that I'm going to tell my doctor to go with the larger implant. He's ordering a range between 385cc-405cc and I don't really see a difference AT ALL between the 375cc and 400cc rice sizers that I made. I know that the sizes/cc's are close, but I thought I would be able to tell the difference A LITLE and I really couldn't. So 405 cc it is!

You will be fine, I just don't like the saline look.. But everyone is different lol.. I was involved in a serious car accident Last year and I guess what the doctors all call me is a miracle and a beast.. I can handle pain I guess in a better manor, but when it came to the Laser, That was the worst pain.. You will do great and you will love every Pennie you saved You will be in prayers and thoughts Good luck
Yea I definitely love the silicone look too, they feel and look more natural than saline. I can't wait till my surgery day!!! I'm losing so much sleep thinking about it lol
Right! Exactly! Its so surreal the time has flown by! Thank u and I will be checking up on you come surgery day!

42 hours to go!! Pre surgery jitters have officially kicked in!

My surgery is in 42 hours and I'm EXHAUSTED!! I couldn't sleep very well last night, anxiety I think. I wish my PS would of given me sleeping pills to take BEFORE the surgery! lol I'm just glad I get off work in 15 minutes because I'm about to fall asleep at my desk............

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Last night to sleep on my tummy for a while!

My surgery is in the moring! I had anxiety last night and all day today, but now I'm starting to feel like this is all a dream, like its not really going to happen tomorrow. lol Wish me luck! I'm sure I'll be a wreck in the morning. And good luck to the other ladies that are having surgery tomorrow too!!

Good luck! You'll be fine. Just stay ahead of the pain with your meds. If you gave birth than this will be a breeze. The worst for me was not being able to sleep on my side.
Good luck ! I remember that day !! Eek !! So exciting :) you will be fine , but yes enjoy your last night on your tummy . I am also a tummy sleeper and am so anxious to get back to sleeping that way .. Update us when you can . Sending good wishes !
Thank you!!!!!!

T-2 HOURS!

My surgery got bumped up an hour! Almost time!

Good luck hun
Good luck ! See you in the other side :)
Yay can't wait to see results!

Surgery is over!

I got home from the surgery center about 4 hours ago. I'm in toooooons of pain!!! :-/ but I'm feeling better since I took my second dose of pain meds about 25 minutes ago. My doc went with 400cc and said everything went great. I'm sitting in my recliner while my amazing fiancé does everything for me. He's the best. I'll try to post pics tonight... Thanks for the well wishes everyone!

So glad to hear it went well . Can't wait for the pix :) relax and let the pain meds kick in .
I'm excited to see them too! I've definitely been relaxing A LOT! I feel helpless... Lol
Use your ice packs and stay elevated for a few days.

Post op pic

You can't see much, but here's what I look like now. (I peeked and I have Frankenstein looking boobs.) Lol But they're definitely A LOT perkier and they're hard and swollen. I've been using my ice packs like crazy and they've really helped. More pics coming tomorrow when I'm feeling a little better.

Ps.. Surgery bloat sucks!!!! :-/

Congratulations!! Those ice packs really do help. Now you just have to wait for the girls drop. Im
I'm definitely excited for them to drop & fluff, although I feel like they aren't as high as some that I've seen immediately after surgery. I know everyone is different, but some ladies look like their implants are right under their collar bones practically. Mine are lower than that, but still very perky. Nothing to be worried about at all, I was just expecting them to be crazy high 1-day post op but I'm kinda glad they aren't!
I have avoided heavy duty Percocet and Valium and stuck with extra strength Tylenol . I for the first time looked at the new "girls" as I was going to shower and they look good but then I wish they were bigger . I bagged the shower until tomorrow as I have to tear off the gauze from my underarms and need to buy more tape as have to reapply the bandages. I hope to feel better in the am!

Post op pictures

Well I'm doing much better than yesterday. Still on 2 pain pills every 4 hours, but I could probably bump it down to 1 pain pill every 4 hours, I just don't wanna chance it. I changed my post op bra and the dressing and I officially have Franken-boobs, but its what I expected them to look like. I live the size tho, just gotta be patient to see what they'll look like when they completely heal.

Glad everything went well!!! Boobs!! Yay!!
Thanks! I couldn't be happier! I Love the size and the incision looks nice and straight so I'm pretty sure my scar will heal nicely!
Looking good over there, so glad your feeling better today! Guess what?!........WE HAVE BOOBIES!!!! YAY! Lol Happy Healing Boobie Buddy!

So extremely itchy... Help!!

I'm extremely itchy everywhere, not in my chest area but everywhere else.... My face, stomach, back, arms and legs. It's driving me crazy! I can't shower till tomorrow afternoon, but I've used baby wipes to try to help and I've put lotion on and I'm not getting any relief. Could it be a side effect of one of my medications? Or maybe because I had to wash with an antibacterial body wash before surgery yesterday? Any ideas it suggestions?

I'm itchy too! I've been putting on all types of lotions, creams and oils I'm going insane! Chest is fine but everywhere else is itchy so we are going through the exact same thing with the itching. Let me know if you find a cure please.
I was finally able to take a shower this afternoon and my fiancé really lathered me up with lotion and I feel LOTS better! I think my skin was just extremely dry. I figured my chest area would be itchy from stretching, but it wasn't which was kind of odd, so when the rest of my body was super itchy I was really surprised. Try washing really really well and scrubbing all the lotion/cream off that you already applied and then after you dry off, reapply lotion again liberally. That seemed to be the only thing that helped me.
Itching everywhere does sound like an allergic reaction . Maybe some Benadryl or a Claritan ? Hope it gets better .

2 day Post-op pics

Still not much change in the overall appearance, but I didn't really expect much since its only been a little over 2 days since my surgery. I'm feeling a lot better though! Tomorrow I go back to work (I work from home and I have a desk job) so I'm hoping I can wean myself off the pain meds and only use Tylenol from here on out. Tomorrow morning is also my post op appointment. Can't wait to see what my PS says. :)

2 Days Post Op

Not a whole lot of change, but they're healing nicely.

I actually just took a Benadryl and I've been fine since. Now I'm just going through burning sensation under my armpits... How are you doing/feeling today hun?

Post-op appointment

Today was my post-op appointment. I saw Dr. Viscardi for a few minutes, but I'm doing great so I didn't really have any concerns that I needed to discuss with him. He just looked me over and then went over all the do's and don'ts again. lol I have another appointment and a lymphatic massage in 4 days (Friday). I'll post more pics then cuz I think I look the same except for my body is swollen/bloated. Ugh.... Gotta love surgery bloat.

I'm doing pretty good today. I didn't feel well this morning, so I had to take one of my pain pills at about 5:00am, but other than that I've been taking 2 ibuprofen every 4-6 hours and its kept my pain under control. Something weird that happened today... I walked outside to my mail box and it was 95 degrees outside so as soon as I left the house I literally felt like my boobs were swelling!! Lol I felt like they were crawling up my under my collar bones... It's was definitely very weird! AND it happened again when I walked into the heat when I left to go to my post-op appointment. I told my PS about it and he said he hadn't heard of it before, but it was nothing to be worried about unless they get stuck up under my collar bones... lol
The itching could also be a result of the pain medication. That's what my OBGYN said. I've had that happen after dental work, child birth and BA. After I stopped the meds the iching seem to subside. Except on my breast but I think that is the skin stretching.
Well that definitely could of been hat my itching was from.. I stopped taking my prescription pain meds almost the same time that I took my shower and got 'lotioned up'. Either way, I'm glad I don't have to deal with it much now.. Other than my boobs, but I expected that from the stretching and scabs/healing.

Ouch!!!!

Definitely overdid it yesterday. :-/ I'm hurting pretty bad this morning. Thankfully theres a few hours till I have to get ready for work so I'm taking some meds, grabbing my ice packs and taking a nap on the recliner till its time for me to get up. Hopefully it helps, cuz this burning/swelling/pulling sensation on top of morning boob is definitely not fun... :(

I can relate. I need to have a seat and take it easy.

4.5 days post op

Well I'm 4 1/2 days post-op and I'm doing pretty good. Morning time is the worst! Morning boob is seriously NO joke! :-/ But usually by mid afternoon I'm doing pretty good and by the evening I'm feeling almost back to normal, except still tender and tight, but not in pain.
I'm loving the size of my breasts! I'm still wearing my surgery bras 24/7, but I'm going to try on a few of my pre-op bras to see if any of them fit.

So far it looks like the shape is going to be great once I'm healed, super happy about that! I was really nervous that my nipples would be lopsided or two completely different sizes, but they seem to match pretty well. They are more oval than round, but I think that'll change once the skin heals and relaxes. I already have silicone scar sheets (that my PS gave me) to use on my scars once I'm healed, but that'll be a while yet.

Very excited for my lymphatic massage in a few days, everyone says it feels wonderful and that's when they'll teach me how to massage the implants myself.
So very happy with my decision to get a BA/BL. :) I'm feeling more and more confident everyday. Love love love them!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Pics, pics and more pics!!

Lots of pic updates!!!

Congratulations! Your photos look amazing for only 4 days post op. So happy to hear you are feeling confident. Don't worry about the post op bloat...it will subside soon!

Thanks Beth! I'm finally starting to feel like the bloating is starting to subside. That was something that I didn't read about until after I had surgery so I wasn't expecting it at all!
Looking good there mama! Doesn't it feel great to see how your old tops fit u now. Especially the strapless ones. For the first two months I kept looking at my boobies every time I passed a mirror... Lol I still do but not as much.

Question about loss of feeling

I'm 5 1/2 days post-op and I knew that I might lose feeling either (temporarily or permanently) in my nipples, but I didn't hear anything about losing feeling in other parts of my breasts. I currently have feeling in only my left nipple, but I don't have feeling in the 9:00 - 10:00 position of my left breast... Is this common? In my right breast I don't have feeling in my nipple, but I have feeling everywhere else. I know I'm still very early on my healing process, but I just wondered if anyone else has/had issues with parts of their breasts, other than their nipples, being numb.

My numbness moved around on me from day to day and I remember not having feeling in the 9-10 o'clock places on my left. When the swelling went down it went away so I this it was due to pressure and tightness. My sides are still numb and I barely have feeling there but I get this tingling feeling every once in awhile. My PS said it is my nerves rewiring and a good thing! We will see :) Good luck with yours!
Well that would definitely make sense in my situation, because its every tight where the numbnes is. So maybe once the swelling goes away I'll have feeling again. Honestly its not a HUGE deal either way, but it's definitely weird to see yourself touching your chest, but you can't feel it. lol As long as I get the feeling in my nipple back, I'll be happy!
Hey surgery/boobie buddy lol. Total opposite over here, my nipples and the bottom of my breasts are so so sentive right now I want to go braless so bad they've been feeling this way for abt 20 mins now! I was fine all day until now.

Lymphatic massage and 1 wk post-op appointment

Today was my massage and 1wk post op appointment and I'm feeling super sore. Everything is healing well and my PS said a lot of my numbness has to do with swelling and being tight. My next appointment is in 3 wks and he said things should be 90% better by then. I was supposed to have stitches snipped today, 4 total on the bottom of my breast on each side of my incisions and they all 'broke through' he said. I'm not 100% sure how or when they broke, but he said it wasn't a big deal, because he was going to clip the ends off today anyways. I guess its pretty common, too. So basically there's a long purse string type stitch inside each of my breasts on the bottom. It's either dissolve or pop back out after more swelling goes down. My at home instructions were to start the massages I learned today.
Overall, I'm very happy with where I'm at 1 week post op. I'm just ready to be back to normal! I want to use my arms and my muscles in my chest without being super sore.

I agree, I ready to be back to normal again and move around a lift things without any problems. Soon though, soon.
You look great...I think once you d&f you are gonna look like a couple of my wish pics! :)
Thank you!!

Stitches

I found one of the stitches that my PS thought had broke. Some of my scabs came off yesterday and I saw it sticking out and I had my fiancé look at it closer and sure enough, it was a stitch. So I'm going to call my PS tomorrow morning to see if he wants me to come in to have it clipped and removed.
On a side note, I'm finally starting to feel more 'normal'. Every day I find something else that I can finally do, that I couldn't do the day before. My right breast/implant is still higher than my left and they're both still tight and swollen, but I'm very happy with how I'm progressing. I'm 9 days post-op and I definitely didn't think I'd be feeling this good after only 9 days. Here are a few pics of me as of today.

Hey boobie buddy I'm doing great hun! Great pics! Thanks for checking on me.
Great to hear! And THANKS!!
Sexy! Congrats. My day should get here in no time :)

Stitches removed & rant ;)

I had my appointment this morning and three stitches were clipped/removed. I'm so glad because one of the was snagging on my surgery bra and pulling every once in a while..
I also asked about massaging again, because I wanted to confirm that I WAS supposed to be doing them daily, and he said yes.. he recommends starting them 1 week post-op and then getting more vigorous with the massages around week 3/4 post-op. I'm also allowed to start using my silicone scar sheets this Friday!! That's only 2 days away! :) Super happy about that! I thought I had to wait longer, but that must have been something that I read on here. I think that is the ONLY down side to RealSelf.. getting stories/information that you read, mixed up with what your PS tells you. lol
But I'm still VERY happy to have found this site and have all of you amazing ladies to talk to! I am one of 'those ladies' who have decided not to tell other people; in fact only my fiance, mother, step-dad and best friend know about my surgery. I have a pretty large group of girlfriends, but I've lost 2 of them recently to petty, drama, lies, jealousy... so it kind of gave me a wake up call as to who I can realllllly trust, so for now I think I'll keep my lips sealed. I know my reasons for having this surgery and I just don't feel the need to have to explain myself to others or hear others say 'you are perfect the way you are'... that's nice and all, but none of them have seen me naked and if I was 'perfect' then I wouldn't have wanted a BA/BL! lol :)
OK end rant! :)
I'll add a few 12-day post-op pictures a little later today!

I totally agree with you! I didn't tell my family, only my husband, and very few friends. My older sister would not understand, 'cause she never had very big boobs and then to have them deflat and point south... Your healing nicely and it will go by quickly! Happy Healing, from one Hoosier to another.
Thank you!!!! I think it's much less stressful if you don't include everyone and their opinions in on big decisions like elective surgery.. Too many unwanted comments that aren't necessary anyway...
That's right!!! You tell em boobie buddy! Same here only a few people know and that's all... Are feeling pretty good today? I'm good for the most part but the tightening is back, been here for 6 hrs now, have you experienced this lately?

12 days post op pics

My bra left some funny marks on my chest (I just woke up when I took these pics) so disregard those, they're from swelling are aren't usually there.
Feeling pretty great!!

You look great !
THANK YOU!!! :)
Looking great cant wait til mine are that soft. I get to start massaging them next Friday so I cant wait to go to work on these babies so they can drop and soften up more. Looking good boobie buddy, and it gets better with time.

Gym withdrawals....

I'm 17 days post-op and I CANNOT wait to go back to the gym!! I wanted this surgery for so long so I could feel good about myself. Now that I finally have boobs that I love, I feel like I'm gaining weight and back pedaling. :-/ I used to do Zumba 5X a week and now I do nothing. At all. I'm going to try to do some cardio a few times this week & maybe just actually going to the gym will get me out of this funk.

You look great ! Your ps did a awesome job !
Yay that's awesome!!! :) I've been doing it 3x a day for about 3-4 minutes each time. I think I'm going to start doing my right side a little longer because my right is still slightly higher than my felt. So cool that you can start massaging now!
Oops!! That was meant for you YesNewMe!

Time of the month breast pain.

All day yesterday I was in pain and it continued into the night last night (I woke up 5-6x) and I'm still hurting this morning. I had no idea why, but then it just hit me, my period is about to start! My boobs always get tender and sore around that time of the month, but they are about 10x more tender and sore this month. I was on the verge of taking one of my prescribed pain pills last night just to get some comfort because Advil and Tylenol weren't working at all…
Has anyone else experienced this? I’m really hoping I’m only this sore because I’m just 18 days post-op. Hopefully the months to come are less painful.

Happy 3 Week Post Op Day, Boobie Buddy!! I hope all is well hun!!
Thanks!! And happy 3wk post op to you too!!!
Hello! Sorry your not feeling well. I have not experienced your pain however I thought I would share something my OB told me. I went in for my annual women's health appointment a few weeks before my BA and low and behold my OB had a BA done a few years ago. She mentioned the increased sensitivity and pain following the procedures because even though I'm on birth control my periods tend to be horrendous. At the time I was on a 3 month cycle (4 periods a year), she said I could go on a continuous dose and never have a period ever again to eliminate the problem. There are no health benefits to having a period if you are on birth control so that's what I did. Just a little info for you but honestly I LOVE not having to deal with it anymore!

Week 3 post-op

3 weeks post op!! Using the silicone scar sheets daily now and loving my results. Couldn't be happier with the look and feel!!

Actually now the I think if it.. I started taking Arnica the day of my surgery too. I'm still taking it, 3weeks post op..
Arnica cream did the trick for me, I had terrible bruising on left side and 3 and a half weeks later that bruising is gone ! I am having some underarm scar tissue issues and am having to do exercise 3 x daily on breasts and with arm stretches. I was in a fair amount of pain in my arm near my armpit scar yesterday. Has anyone else had this issue?
Does your dr have you kneading the scar tissue?

No underwire bathing suit top!!!!

I went to the beach today and felt amazing!!! I didn't have to adjust my too every 10 seconds which was so nice. I had so much more confidence, it was great!! Smiles ALLL day long! I couldn't be happier with my surgery!!!!

That's great ! I sure do miss the beach . Your looking good !
I can imagine how happy you were in your bikini, not having to tie up your top too tight behind your neck so it doesnt hurt and give you no headhache! I havent experienced that yet!

More 3week post op pics

Loving my results! Only 3 weeks post op and 1 week of using silicone scar sheets.

Thanks!! I can't wait to be able to swim again, but it was nice to lay out and just feel fantastic! ;)
It was amazing, but kind of strange at the same time! lol I kept looking down to make sure I didn't need to adjust my top or pull my top up and I never had to. And yes, not having a painful neck at the end of the day was GREAT!!!

Oops.. Forgot to add these

You can see how well my scars have healed so far.

They are beautiful! I love the simple black bra your wearing!
Thank you! I can't wait to be able to wear it (longer than to just take a picture).
Looking good and healing well boobie buddy!!!

Scar treatments - for those who have asked

Here's what I'm using. NewGel+ Silicone Gel Sheets. I use them daily for at least 6 hours. Usually at night or while I'm working, since I work from home.

lol!
Thank you and I love checking in on you as well. Feels good to know the both of us are doing so well!!
You should wear them for at least 12hours up to 24 h for optimal redults..I read that on my instructions for Scaraway silicone sheets

1-month post op appointment

I had my 1 month post-op today and my PS said he's very impressed with how well I have healed. My scars are flat, thin and are getting lighter already. I love the size and shape of my breasts now (righty is still a little higher then lefty tho), but only noticeable when I'm naked and looking in the mirror back and forth comparing them... so no worries there. I'm finally allowed to wear whatever bra I want and I can get SIZED and go bra SHOPPING now!! :) The ONLY complaint I have is that I still have no feeling in my right nipple and my left nipple is hypersensitive. I have been 'babying' my left nipple and making sure not to bump it or rub it on my clothing, but today I learned from my PS that the main way to get my left nipple to 'calm down' is to actually do the opposite. He said that it needs to be agitated, rubbed on clothes, etc.. and I need to wash it semi-aggressively in the shower so the nerve endings will heal/reconnect and then it won't be sensitive anymore. So I'm going to start doing just that! I'm pretty pumped that my life is getting back to normal again! I would do this surgery again in a heartbeat, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but I'm still glad to finally be able to be me again. lol Next big mile stone is week 6 which is when I'll be released to work out again!!!! :) I can't wait to get back to zumba!!!!

He did a wonderful job on your incisions. Best I've seen so far! What profile did you get? They look awesome ! Yay!!
Thank you!! I'm definitely very very pleased with the outcome!! I have moderate profiles cuz I have broad shoulders and a lot of 'chest space'.
you are healing sooo well...I will have a lift too and I hope to have this outcome! congrats!!!!

Right implant finally dropped

Today I noticed that my right implant finally dropped!!! Its strange that one day its high, and the next it's not. I don't know if everyone is like that or not (I actually figured it would drop little by little, but I guess not.) I'm super happy tho! I was feeling super tight and uncomfortable yesterday, but I thought it was because I over did it, but after my shower this morning I noticed that they're both even now. I like the tear drop shape that I have now in BOTH breasts. Lol

U look awesome.
Great Boobie Buddy!!! Happy One Month Boobiversary!!! Lol
Happy 1 month to you too!! Some days I still can't believe I actually have boobs that I love.... Seems surreal.

Five week update

Things have been going fabulous!! I'm healing great, my scars are flat, smooth and are lightening up already.
New things:: * I can sleep comfortably on my stomach now!
*I'm using my silicone scar strips for 9-10 hours a day and I had to get my first set if anchor strips replaced because they started to fall apart after only 7 days, but the new ones came in the mail quickly so I was only w/o them for a few days.
*I have full range of motion back, w/o any pain and I can pick my 4-year old up pretty easily now.
*This weekend I'm going to VS to get sized (pretty excited about that)!! I can't wait to see what size I am. :)
I can't think of anything else that's new. I'm just thrilled beyond words! My only complaint is that I didn't do this sooner. :) I hope everyone is healing well and I hope time is flying by for the ladies that are waiting for their date!!

You look great !
Thank you! I feel great too!!
Thank you! :)

Side by side progress pictures

Best thing I've ever done for myself!! :) I love the shape and size more everyday so I can't wait to see what they look like at 6 months post-op!

Looking lovely!
Thank you!
Very nice!!!!

Happy 6 weeks to me! (& my boobie budddy)

I am absolutely in LOVE with my boobs!! I hated my boobs before surgery and here I am today, sitting at my desk with just a tank top and no bra. :) So happy that I finally decided to take the plunge and get a BL & BA. I can wear anything (or nothing at all) and feel so confident!! I've been back to the gym, just using the treadmill or eliptical, and I'm down almost 20 pounds so I'm feeling like a million bucks!! I'll post 6-week-post-op pics soon!

Thank you Boobie Buddy!! So happy you are happy, we both have become more confident and satisfied! Hugs BB!!
Wow Andi congrats on your weight loss!!! How did you lose the weight?? Me it's the opposite I gained weight since surgery...About 10lb.. First, I quit smoking 1 week prior to surgery.. Second I don't move too much and I can't work out yet.. Third, boobie weight... I really need to get back on track very soon!!!

6 week post op pics

Thanks for the excellent pictures, they really display the drop and fluff everyone talks about. What a great result, you look really amazing now, full breasts and a great cleavage but not at all fake. I'd be thrilled with your results. Happy healing!
Thank you!! I truly am soo thrilled with my results! I love the size and shape and literally couldn't have asked for a better outcome.
I truly enjoy your post! Especially since ill be getting the lollipop cut. Helps me understand the healing process.

7 weeks and feeling amazing!!

Not much has changed since I updated last time except that I went to Victoria Secret and got sized!! I'm a 36DD, but I could easily wear a 36DDD if there's any padding what so ever in the bra. (I used to wear a DD with lots of padding and I had to adjust all the time cuz my saggy boobs would fall out of the bra and give me the 4-boob appearance. lol)
I then proceeded to purchase 9 new bras! Lol thank goodness for good sales! Still working on losing weight and I haven't lost any since last week, but I 'feel' like I have tho by the fit of my clothes.
Hope everyone is doing great!!!!!

You're results are fantastic! In fact your boobs look just like I had hoped mine would. My nipples are too low and the shape seems wide! I am so happy for you and that you are feeling well.
Looking beautiful!!!
Thank you!!!!!

Victoria's Secret bras!!!

So I finally gave in, after realizing that none of my bras fit anymore, and I purchased 9 bras at an incredible price!!! Here are pics of a few of them! I can honestly say that today was the happiest I've EVER felt about my boobs. I'm so blessed and so very thankful that my PS gave me the 'wish boobs' that I've always wanted.

Beautiful results :) Your doctor did an amazing job!
Amazing
Oh my goodness!! The change at 6 weeks is incredible!! You now have my wish boobs!!! You look beautiful and I love all your new bras!!! Thank you so much for sharing the photos. It gives me hope!!

8 weeks post-op

Here's a quick update with pics! I'm completely back to 'normal.' Working out, jogging, swimming.... I can literally do everything I could do before surgery, except push ups. Thise stilll kind of hurt. Im still using my silicone scar sheets, which I HIGHLY recommend!! What a life changing event this has been, but I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat!! So happy with my results!!

Thanks and I agree! I'm very blessed!
Thank you dear!
:D THANK YOU!!

One more pic

Top 1-day. Bottom 8-weeks

I just passed two months. When I can get pictures to load I will do a review. I am probably different than most of you as I am 59. I had a facelift 4 months ago today. I went from an. A to a d with 240 salines. One breast still has not totally dropped and they are widely separated as my breast bone is just made that way. I am continuing to "massage" it to move it in towards the center. I need to wait 6 months before making any decisions about what if anything I can do! I have learned that patience is a key in both recoveries!
I had a breast augmentation 2 months ago in addition to the facelift to be clearer !
Has your doctor recommended anything to help your implant drop? I'd love to see pics and congrats on being 2 months post op!!

2 MONTHS POST OP!!!!!

Yay for being two months post op! I can't believe it! Time had flown by! Absolutely no complaints here! I still have numbness in party's of my breasts, but I knew that was a possibility and honestly it isn't that big of a deal to me. Looking at the big picture, I'm 1000% better than before surgery! Here are some comparison pics.

Looking good! It's so good to be able to feel normal again isn't it:-) I'm really worried about about doing pull ups, push ups and burpee. It just seems like it puts too much strain on pec muscles. I have internal stitching so I probably won't even try it until 3 months. Some doctors say to avoid completely got keep the integrity of results. What do you think?
I am now in ptherapy as I had excess scar tissue and pulled a tendon and with my ptherapist am slowly doing pecs under supervision after 2 and a half months. I was told never to do flys at the gym period. I would go by what your md says.
Ouch!! A pulled tendon sounds awful. I think I'll stay in the no fly zone too.

Sports bra suggestions??

I NEED a good quality HIGH IMPACT sports bra. Any suggestions? I've bought 4 already from different stores and none of them are giving me the support I need.. :-/

Checking in on u BB! I hope all is well!
I'm doing great! Looks like you are as well :) :) :)
You look fantastic!! Victoria Secret VSX with underwire is great. They make a version that hooks in the back. Champion with no under wire and a Freya active ( great support) and does not give a uni boob. Freya has both with or without wire.

12-weeks post op

I loove my new boobs ! No complaints here!! Definitely glad I had the surgery and I'd do it all over again! Here are some updated pics.

Looking Great BB!!! Happy 3 Months!
they look great! when i saw the first pic i was worried for you but they look perfect now!! :)
These are some of the BEST BL/BA boobies I have seen. Will be taking your pics when I see my surgeon!!!

3 month appointment

Yesterday was my 3 month post-op appointment and I'm still doing great!! I had a couple of "issues" this month, but they cleared up before I could even ask my PS about it at my appointment. I was hearing/feeling that slushing sound that a lot of women on here talk about in my left breast when I bent over or leaned to the side, (I only noticed it during working out or stretching) but I thought it was weird that I JUST now started hearing it. I figured I would of heard it right after surgery, not almost 3months post op. But the good news, it just went away all the sudden. I haven't heard or felt it in about 10 days. The other issue is I was having pain under my right breast where my horizontal incision/scar is. It would randomly hurt for less than a minute at a time but it happened 10-15 times a day. I just assumed it was nerve endings reattaching aka 'zingers', but once again... How weird for it to just now start to happen. They only happened for 2-3 days and I haven't had even one this week, so who knows. I did mention both things to my PS and he said that it might be because I'm fully back into exercising now. I workout 5x a week so maybe all the breast movement is triggering more healing, he obviously explained it a lot better than what I just did. But overall I'm doing FANTASTIC and couldn't be happier with my results! My PS also asked me to sign a release so he can put my before and after pics on his website. :) He said I'm a great example of what can happen when patients follow their pre-op and post op instructions to a T. Which I did... Probably in a way over the top OCD sort of way, but I've wanted my boobs fixed for so long and $8,000 is nothing to laugh at so I definitely did everything possible (and still do) to make sure my boobs are well taken care of!
So happy to see so many people doing so well! I absolutely LOVE this website! I've been on here for 5 months and I've NEVER seen even one put down, shitty comment or jealous remark! It's awesome to be able to have a website that's full of non judgemental people. You all are great !!

They look awesome! Appreciate all the detailed pics of the scarring too. Question..I'm trying to keep my upcoming BA a secret as much as possible. I have a 2 and 4 year old. What did you tell your 4 yr old? I'm afraid my kids are going to blow my cover to everyone lol!
I told my 4 year old that I had surgery, I didn't specify of course, but she mentioned it a few times in front of people right after I had surgery, but I had went under for kidney stone removal 5-6 months before my BA surgery so I just told people she was talking about that. If I could do it over, I wouldn't tell her until after surgery. And then I'd just tell her that I got hurt and went to the doctor and he fixed me, but she would still need to be careful around me. My daughter was pretty good about not wanting he to pick her up or when she sat on my lap she's be careful not to bump my chest. Time really does fly by and you'll be feeling normal again in 3-4 weeks. :)
Congrats ! Looking beautiful

Last post for a while

Things are going great and not much has changed, so I'm posting 1 more set of pics then I'll be back in January to post 6-month post-op pictures. :) take care all!!!

Happy 4 Month Anniversary BB!
They're beautiful!!
Looking great !

6-MONTHS POST-OP

I'm doing amazing! I had 405cc under muscle silicon implants on July 12th and it was the best decision of my life! I can do absolutely everything I could before surgery, but with more confidence. I love being able to feel comfortable wearing tops that I wouldn't even imagine considering before. Not to mention, I would wear bras to bed before surgery because I was so self-conscious and now I can go braless when ever I feel like it, day or night and no one knows. My scarring is minimal. I only have pink flat lines, which I’m very pleased with. The only “issue” I have had with surgery is that I no longer have feeling in my right nipple, but it wasn’t very sensitive before, so it definitely isn’t a big deal to me. I would absolutely do this surgery again in a heart beat. My only regret is not doing it sooner because I have hated my boobs since I was 15. I’m just glad that I did it while I was young-ish (28, lol), instead of waiting till my kids were all grown. Spending that much money on myself was a very hard decision and it made me feel guilty knowing that I could use it for my kids, but I know that they have more than what they need or want. And honestly this procedure made me a happier more confident person, so I think it kind of made me a better mom in a way.
If you're debating doing this for yourself, get educated about board certified PS's, make sure its not going to put you in major debt, and read about "what to expect" and DO IT!!!
Hope everyone is doing great!!

Happy 1 year to us!!!! Crazy how fast this year flew by!! :)
Yes!!!! Happy 1st Birthday Boobies!! Indeed time has flown by and I'm happy as ever, I love em!... How have you been BB?
Thank you!!!

1year post-op

I can't say it enough... I'm so happy I decided to have surgery. I LOVE my results! Things are going great. I can do absolutely everything I could pre-surgery and I can wear anything I want. I wanted to look as natural as possible in a bikini/bra and I definitely got that look. My husband says he loves the way they look and feel, which of course is great, but I'm mostly happy that I have my confidence back. Looking in the mirror and seeing what I feel like I should look like at 28 is amazing. :) Here are a few pics. Hope everyone is doing GREAT!!!!

you look amazing, I am 6 months out from my first revision and could not be happier, perhaps a bit bigger but it is the way it is.
You look amazing BB!!! Congratulations on our 1 yr!! We did it and we look and feel great!
South Bend Plastic Surgeon