32 Years, 2 Kids and a Flabby Tummy Later... - South Africa, ZA

I picked up over 35 kg with my eldest son (now 10...

I picked up over 35 kg with my eldest son (now 10 years) and my baby is now 4 years old and I picked up about 23 kg.
But since my first baby my tummy never looked the same. I have stretch marks from under my boobs to under my knees! The more weight I loose the more flabby my tummy gets! I get so embarrassed when my tummy by accident sticks out when I'm reaching for a top shelf, ,, the kids will ask why does my tummy look like that?
Im still about 6 kg away from goal weight. I'll try to loose the weight by the time I go in for surgery.
I'm seeing the Dr S van Heerden on 9 October. I would like the surgery to be done in December as I am a teacher and the December holidays are the longest. (I'll have 5-6 weeks to recover).
what would you girls recommend I buy for my long stay in bed? eg: books, food, organize that I have made meals in the freezer so hubby can just take it out? special clothes?

tummy disaster

Here are my before pictures

P.S Appointment number 1!! Dr N. Landman

I have an appointment with Dr Nicolette Landman tomorrow morning!! if I'm happy with her I'll have the op with her, although I don't know anyone that has been to her, but heard good things about her.. Another Dr, that I have an appointment with in November is Dr Annandale, my friend had her boobs done a couple of years ago,, so big decisions to make.
My family thinks I'm wasting money and that its not necessary !! :( but I'm determined to go through with it, as I am the one living with it!

appointment with Dr Landman

Wow!! What a lovely Dr!! I felt very comfy and didn't rush me.. she answered all of my questions without me having to ask... really impressed. .. just waiting for final quote..
Dr Schalk van Heerden

i have been to see Dr Landman for a Tummy tuck, but I don't know anyone that has been to her and no one knows about her, except one person. I'm starting to get cold feet about her, although my consult was very nice. I've decided to ask my G.P about a good P.S and he suggested Dr Japie De Wet, so I phoned him and I can only see him on the 27 October. My G.P says he is very good.. I think I have to see at least 2 different P.S.....

I've decided to see Dr Japie de Wet. My G.P recommended me, as he says he has seen his work and its brilliant!! I'm getting cold feet ladies,,, not about the procedure, but about the P.S. I haven't seen any of her work and I don't know anyone that has been to her.... is this normal what I'm feeling? help girls..
If it were me, I would for sure want to see before and after pictures before I put any money down. And have you met this PS? I trust my instinct and knew right away when I met my PS.
I saw Dr Landman about 2 weeks ago and I was very comfortable with her and she answered all my questions, however its bugging me that I don't know of anyone that has been to her. I phoned her rooms last week to make another appointment and asked if Dr can show me some of her patients before and after photo's and I was told, I may NOT cause its against patient privacy policy!?!?!?!? immediately I felt unsure about her. I have decided not to go with her and see this Dr De Wet in October as I know one patient that had her breasts done and she was very happy, and I feel a bit re-assured as my G.P referred me to him too. He has a facebook website and it looks good and from what I read. The Dr Landman hasn't any websites and she is all just soooo new... I spoke to my mom, and she feels uneasy about Dr Landman too... I suppose we must follow our gut?!
Good luck dear all da best
I agree with you, its not what other people think, its about you having to live with it. Its also tough for someone else (with a flat tummy) to understand what we go through on a daily basis, constantly pulling our tops down when we reach for something or pulling our pants up to tuck the 'overhang' back in. Its a very personal journey & its all up to you! You go girl!
Wonderful that you maybe found a PS that you are comfortable with. It is important to feel confident and comfortable with your decision and your PS. Thanks for sharing
How do u change the name of ur doctor on ur profile?
BTW the amount he gies you will incl your hospital stay, the whole procedure including the anaesthetist. Will also include all your consults before & after op, as well as your surgical garments. I had a mommy makeover with lipo of the flanks. I was slowed down for about a week but after that back to cooking and doing normal stuff. NO PAIN at all!
Ok.. thanks for tip about drainless T.T.. will do research. . Cant wait for my consult tomorrow. . How much did Patel charge u?
Hi for breast reduction with lift, full tummy tuck with muscle repair and lipo it was R58 000. Remember this includes everything, I did have drains for 7days. They were not a hassle at all because the whole area is kind of numb so it bother me. Trust me his definitely worth even just going for a consult. I got a quote from a Doc in Rosebank for R120 000, but he was so cold and just robot like. Where are you based?
shooo weeee,, R120 000!! that's day light robbery!! I phoned ur doc yesterday but cant see me this year,,,, it is a bit far to drive too,,,oh well,,, did you sleep over?
Yeah his a very busy guy, also does reconstructive hand surgery. He does the procedure at a private clinic called MEDGATE in Roodepoort, you sleep over for 1 night so you can be monitored. Yeah that other doc was smoking something, R120 000 might as well buy a new car!
Hi again, you can all Dr P and speak to Terri. They do have space still for this year
Ok, thanks sumaya09!
Hi There I am based in JHB and I went with DR CHETAN PATEL in Sandton clinic. He is AMAZING!
I don't know any specific doctors over there, but Google "drainless tummy tuck" and look for a PS who uses that procedure. My TT was drainless and it's a much easier recovery- at least judging other readers' reviews! I had little pain and negligible swelling. Many PSs have been using drainless for years and I think that overall the complications rate is lower than the TT using drains. Good luck
Dr van Heerden cant help me in December. . So looking at other options.. has anybody hear of Dr Nicolette Landman? Dr Annandale and Dr Claassens?
Oh my, that is too bad your first choice is not available. Am sure will find the right doc for your surgery at the right time