32 Years, 2 Kids and a Flabby Tummy Later... - South Africa, ZA

I picked up over 35 kg with my eldest son (now 10...

I picked up over 35 kg with my eldest son (now 10 years) and my baby is now 4 years old and I picked up about 23 kg.
But since my first baby my tummy never looked the same. I have stretch marks from under my boobs to under my knees! The more weight I loose the more flabby my tummy gets! I get so embarrassed when my tummy by accident sticks out when I'm reaching for a top shelf, ,, the kids will ask why does my tummy look like that?
Im still about 6 kg away from goal weight. I'll try to loose the weight by the time I go in for surgery.
I'm seeing the Dr S van Heerden on 9 October. I would like the surgery to be done in December as I am a teacher and the December holidays are the longest. (I'll have 5-6 weeks to recover).
what would you girls recommend I buy for my long stay in bed? eg: books, food, organize that I have made meals in the freezer so hubby can just take it out? special clothes?

I'm excited for you. Some things i can share though are,.. you need to strengthen your immune system at least 2 weeks or longer if possible before your surgery. This helps a lot in almost painless healing. Lots of vitamin C get it from fresh fruits and juices, it's more effective. The nurses told me to drink pineapple juice or eat at least a slice of fresh pineapple before during and after your surgery. Believe it or not, It help minimize swelling and bruising. Arnica gel helped the bruising go away as fast as 4 days. High vitamin C and High protein diet is good after surgery. Drink lots of water. I think those were the reason why i didn't have much pain and swelling. The only painful thing is sneezing and coughing. Some says menthol candy helped them. What i did was, before i lay down, i drink water and really clear my throat so that i don't have to cough when i'm lying down. Sneezing, i pinch and squeeze my nose to prevent from sneezing. lol
Ok. Is the vit c just to boost immune system? I dont know if you guys have it.. but im using Boistrath . Its a natural immune and vitamin and mineral supplement. I work with kids and as you know they get sick and its germs all over.. and since im taking Boistrath I get sick maybe 2x a year and only for a day or two.. I dont even use antibiotics anymore. I'll find out by P.S if I'm allowed to use it as I've been reading you must stop all herbal meds.. I usually drink about 2litres od water daily. . So that shouldn't Be a problem. . Pinapple I'll stock up on.. So u say if u sitting its better to cough and sneeze than when u lying down? What do u girls suggest for panties? Should I buy big granny types that come up high? What about th drain pipes? How does that fit in it all? Can u put pure Arnica gel on where? Sorry my questions sound stupid..

tummy disaster

Here are my before pictures

I don't know any specific doctors over there, but Google "drainless tummy tuck" and look for a PS who uses that procedure. My TT was drainless and it's a much easier recovery- at least judging other readers' reviews! I had little pain and negligible swelling. Many PSs have been using drainless for years and I think that overall the complications rate is lower than the TT using drains. Good luck
Dr van Heerden cant help me in December. . So looking at other options.. has anybody hear of Dr Nicolette Landman? Dr Annandale and Dr Claassens?

P.S Appointment number 1!! Dr N. Landman

I have an appointment with Dr Nicolette Landman tomorrow morning!! if I'm happy with her I'll have the op with her, although I don't know anyone that has been to her, but heard good things about her.. Another Dr, that I have an appointment with in November is Dr Annandale, my friend had her boobs done a couple of years ago,, so big decisions to make.
My family thinks I'm wasting money and that its not necessary !! :( but I'm determined to go through with it, as I am the one living with it!

BTW the amount he gies you will incl your hospital stay, the whole procedure including the anaesthetist. Will also include all your consults before & after op, as well as your surgical garments. I had a mommy makeover with lipo of the flanks. I was slowed down for about a week but after that back to cooking and doing normal stuff. NO PAIN at all!
Ok.. thanks for tip about drainless T.T.. will do research. . Cant wait for my consult tomorrow. . How much did Patel charge u?

appointment with Dr Landman

Wow!! What a lovely Dr!! I felt very comfy and didn't rush me.. she answered all of my questions without me having to ask... really impressed. .. just waiting for final quote..

I went to see Dr De Wet yesterday, as he had a cancellation. (my appointment is only end of October) He was very professional and made me feel very comfy. We corresponded via email for about a week discussing my operation, and he is very patient and has the time of the world to listen ! I'm so excited to have the op now, we have set a date for the 4 December 2014!!
I've decided to see Dr Japie de Wet. My G.P recommended me, as he says he has seen his work and its brilliant!! I'm getting cold feet ladies,,, not about the procedure, but about the P.S. I haven't seen any of her work and I don't know anyone that has been to her.... is this normal what I'm feeling? help girls..
Dr Schalk van Heerden

i have been to see Dr Landman for a Tummy tuck, but I don't know anyone that has been to her and no one knows about her, except one person. I'm starting to get cold feet about her, although my consult was very nice. I've decided to ask my G.P about a good P.S and he suggested Dr Japie De Wet, so I phoned him and I can only see him on the 27 October. My G.P says he is very good.. I think I have to see at least 2 different P.S..... well, I went to Dr De Wet yesterday for my 1st consult, and wow!!! what a professional doctor! He had time to answer all my questions, and boy oh boy, I had a lot! hehehe... He took His time with me, even though it was late in the afternoon, and made me feel very comfy when examining my tummy! I spent about 1 and 15 min with him. I will definitely recommend him to anyone!!