The Time is Getting Closer - Its Now or Never - South Africa, ZA

I wiegh 117 kgs - am 1.61cm tall and live in South...

I wiegh 117 kgs - am 1.61cm tall and live in South Africa - I have three very active boys - a dear friend of my mothers passed away last year - I think that was when I seriously started thinking about having a gastric bypass. If I don't I will have end up the same way as she did. I have absoloutely zero confidence in myself - at the moment - NOW IS THE TIME FOR CHANGE

Hi Lisa, Welcome and thanks so much for sharing your journey with us!

Wow, your surgery date will be here before you know it, are you all prepared? Have you had to do any pre-surgery preparation, like losing some weight before surgery, changing your diet, etc?

the diet befor the surgery (one week before) - I've been to a specialist physician, seen the anaethetist, phycologist, specialist and the dietician twice - been for a scope and blood tests - I'm quiet anxious - as i have a very busy schedule with running a home and family and working full time - leaves very little time for myself - I've joined a gym - but struggle to get there on time as i work far away from it and then its the balancing act of caring for the family before myself - quite pointless because if i don't make time for gym then i would need to make time for being ill. Will i be able to drink coffee ? as i have read many conflicting opinions on the net. I don't really know how much wieght i can expect to loose in the first few months - am hoping it will drop off and maybe if i am not so focused on everyone else then i will make time for myself and find myself again - am tired of being miserable and dissatisfied with myself - i am hoping things is going to give me wings to fly - and be the person i am ment to be - i do realise that it is no quick fix and is going to be tough and a lifestyle change - where it will be up to me to make it work for me.
I'm so excited for you Lisa. My surgery is scheduled for May 9th so I totally understand how your feeling....In the seminar I went to they said you could have a cup of coffee in the morning but not sure about more than that. I don't drink coffee so that isn't my issue...I drink diet soda and I'm having a hard time giving up the one I have during the afternoon.....I had no problem giving up drinking in first thing in the morning and at night but lunch and when we go out is much more difficult. Best of luck and keep us posted. I'll be anxious to hear how your doing.

I am really battling on this pre-op diet ............

I am really battling on this pre-op diet ....................... its day 3 - got another 4 days to go - am so tempted to hav something tasty to eat - am trying really hard - but whats this not more than 2 liters of liquid a day - and divided up over 16 feeds during the course of the day - I think the last 3 days will be much worse - I haven't stopped smoking - my surgeon didnt tell me to - actualy he didn't even ask me if i did or didn't - the anaethetist and the physician asked me. which i answered truthfully - the anaethetist said that i need to quit 24 hrs before and that it does hinder the healing process, after surgery.

Hi Lisa, Can you send me this information too please, I will really appreciate it. Ansa
Dr Du Toit

I found him on the net and he is the closest specialist to where i live