Dysport Results Were Positive - South Africa, ZA

My mom has been using Botox and Restylane since I...

My mom has been using Botox and Restylane since I can remember, and I've been going to her surgeon for quite some time for various other operations since I was about 13. Botox was nothing new to me. My mother suggested I should start going for Botox now while I was 20, so that I don't feel the effect of aging later on in life.

I went during my mid-semester break from college, during easter. I decided to go because I had experienced massive amounts of stress due to a restraining order (which I got against someone, not the other way around) and I got pneumonia. My mother suggested I go for some botox to make me "feel and look better".

I went to a reputable company, with branches country-wide. These are not plastic surgeons, they call themselves "aesthetic practitioners". I was planning on getting Botox, however the Doctor suggested we use Dysport instead. Apparently Dysport has better dispersion than botox, especially in men. The Doctor proceded to inject 55 units of Dysport around my eyes and over my entire forehead.

I ended up getting an intense tension headache for the rest of the day. My face still had limited mobility (when I tried to frown, my muscles would twitch) for about a week.

After 2 weeks, I had a follow up at a different branch in Cape Town (where I study). By this time my right eyebrow was pretty much immobile, which is what I was going for. I believe the less I use these muscles, the less wrinkles I'll have by the time I'm 40. My left eyebrow could still be raised to half mast which just looked strange. The doctor gave me about 2 more units of Dysport above my left eyebrow. I had an art history lecture right after the procedure and but managed to explain the red dots above my eyebrow as mosquito bites.

My right eyebrow drooped a bit but it isn't noticeable to people unless you point it out to them. The doctor assured me that this is "relatively rare". This was my only problem with the results. You might think that Dysport at the age of 20 would not make much of a difference because there are very few to no wrinkles to start off with, however, I found that my skins texture has improved dramatically and my skin has become exceptionally smooth.

I would say that my experience with Dysport has been overall positive and I would certainly go again.

Skin Renewal

I feel that I was helped very quickly and they answered all of my questions. The follow-up care was also executed very well, and they responded to my concerns very efficiently. When I wasn't happy they proceded to give me additional Dysport free of charge, I did not even have to pay for the follow-up consultation. Very happy with the results and would go to Skin Renewal again.