Road to Redemption - Somers Point, NJ

My name is Wesley Robert Simmons, needless to say...

My name is Wesley Robert Simmons, needless to say most of you from the title know that I've made a mistake. Well this mistake was a big one; and for sure was suppose to be permanent. I am Nine-teen years old and am turning twenty August 12th. If you haven't already seen i have a very big, Think, Black and bold tattoo on my for arm. It is almost a sleeve but not quite, about 3/4s of a half sleeve. I plan on going to a number of procedures of laser treatments to remove most of the ink for a cover up. Some of you may think this may not be possible, Or some of you might think it is. I am at a point in my life I am close to suicide because of this mistake. And I do not know how I'll tackle this with-in the following weeks, Months or even years. But all I know is my loving mother is most of what i got right now getting me through this. I have made mistakes and I now know that paying for them isn't just saying, It is something that will literally be taken out of your wallet. I hope to accomplish a good portion of fading with these treatments. Any feed back on whether or not you think this can be done let me know. I am currently going in for an consultation with-in the next 2-3 weeks. I cannot quote a price, because I've yet heard from once place that I will not be going to cause they only a have a C02 laser which is out of date.

Road to Redemption part 1

Also

Also, Please ignore the toilet in the photos, I wasn't thinking I just need help. I am considering actual surgery to take out the tattoo, I am to the point I could care less of actual scaring, I just need to fix my wrongs while I'm still young. And I hate to say I'm close to suicide but I truely am.... I really need to know if this could be lightened enough for a cover up, Or can it come close to removal..

Consultation/Blog

Good news, it's been a rough week but I've gotten up and decided to make a Consultation for the 16th of august ( Only appointment that was available ). Their fee is 90 $ and goes towards the procedure if I decide to go with it. The laser they will be using is the Medilite c6 and from what I hear it is up there I guess? The only other spot I could find that had a good laser had a 175$ consultation fee with none of it put towards the actual operation, Ouch! But besides that I have planned to make a blog about this and many other things I am planning to fix before my 21st birthday of next year in august. I want many of you all to see it and hopefully we can all relate and get through these stories together. I will have the link up once it is finished, and hopefully is something everyone can find inspiration in.

Sorry for the wait update..

Alright, So it's been awhile since I wrote anything; Due to a lot of reason. But the consultation didn't turn out so well, Would of costed a good chunk- of which I can't do. But recently I've gotten a e-mail from certain place in PA that has a flat-rate of 320$ for 2 sessions. At this point travelling distance means nothing to me so I am going to take the trip with-in another 2-3 weeks or so. This news has brought me so much faith and so much happiness that I can really walk with my head higher than I have been. I've been working and putting money aside for the trip- Also investing and very nice long sleeves, And have even bought me an even-tone one arm sleek sleeve to cover up when I just want to wear normal ones. This is still somewhat depressing, I have gotten over Life-threatening moods, but some days are darker than others. I'll update this as soon as I know when I am set and ready to head to Lehigh PA! Sorry for the wait, but this will get done guys, and I really hope I can inspire others out there to hold on aswell.

whats up man.. so are you still pursuing removal treatment?.. My tats are similar in depth and size of black ink.. its pretty hard finding info on removing these types of tattoo so any updates would be helpfull. thanks bro
ALSO, another dope thing to remember is that all of that black, it only needs to be faded a bit. to a grey. than you can go over it. when I first heard that my stress level dropped immensely. I always thought the tattoo had to be basically gone to cover. everyone is different, but the average is 4-6 treatments. I was told at the start by my guy that id only need 4. I was stoked, but also didn't believe him. now im on 5, and I could either chill for a few months for it to fade or go for 6. still that's impressive. also, once you start going and notice it fading youll get some relief from that as well.
THIS CAN BE FADED FOR A COVERUP. anyone who tells you otherwise is full of SHIT! PEOPLE DO IT EVERYDAY! I ran into all of this misinformation when I started my journey last December. Most people on sites like this (and god bless us all) are going to shitty scam artist doctors who charge way too much and are going for completely removal. find yourself somebody with a good rep, somebody who fades full sleeves everyday! preferably somebody whos actually IN the tattoo industry, and knows about inks, coverup works, etc. because it doesn't take a genius to learn a laser, but to know about tattoos and ink is another thing. Im only so blunt about this becauseI was in the same boat- solid sleeve, close to the S word, and buying mad long sleeve shirts that I got to enjoy wearing all summer. if you surf the web (visit actual tattoo forums to ask question) youll find the same names of laser guys popping up again and again. that's who you want to go see. I found one of the best and I travel for it. its affordable and plus I get hooked up, im assuming because I travel. if youre talking leigh PA I hope that's GO! tattoo removal. ive heard good things, and I know the laser tech mike really knows his shit and is active in the tattoo community. I go to a place in texas, but through the internet mikes been cool and answered a lot of questions for me. im sure hell tell you that HELL YEAH YOU CAN FADE THAT SHIT. hold your head, man. and sorry again about the caps, etc. I just feel like this is how id talk to myself a year ago when I was feeling bummed out and hopeless. PEACE

Hey there! You mention you wear long sleeved shirts to cover you tattoo, and I thought you might find some information that wilks1986 has to share about a cover he tried.

Hang in there bro, I have just as much ink on both arms and I am having my second consultation Thursday. Thanks for the inspiration.
your tattoo is actually quite nice. why do you dislike it? is it the size or location?
Stop lol, If you saw it in person you'd reconsider. It didn't quite heal properly and I got this at very disturbing time of my life. And it constantly reminds me of the wrong and wickedness of the time period. And I want to move on to more picture type themes and things that tell a story as I progress in life to be on my skin, not this.
Good choice...of course we all can comment on a picture of your tattoo but what is important is how you think of it.  I get loads of compliments about mine, it's a cultural Hawaiian/Marquesan tattoo but I simply don't like it.  It doesn't look like me and it doesn't feel like me.  Removal is a long process and it's expensive.  It sucks our energy at times and then turns around and gives us hope.  But a wise woman said to me "how you react to things in life determines the type of person you are" and so I look at challenges such as ink removal as a metamorphosis, I will become a new person, a better person but during that time of change I am the best that I can be.  It's hard, we live in society so based on looks and our self-esteem is hooked on looks.  This whole experience has made me a more positive, patient person.  I wish you all the best fading, and then you can move onto what you want to do.  Good luck, keep us posted and safe travels to PA.  aloha...k
Great News! I am so glad you are feeling better and were able to find treatment. Did they mention what type of laser they will be using on you? Thanks for the update and keep us posted! B11
It looks like they'll be using a Nd:yag Q stiched which is perfect for my skin type as well. And thank you for continuing to tune in. I looked at it like this - A year from now when the damage fades, and when I mentally recover from this as well as psychically, It'll be a story to tell and warn others to think before you ink. I'm very happy I'm doing this now at just turning 20 years old 2 weeks ago to make the decision for laser removal instead of waiting. Thank you again for continuing to be here with me!
Wesley, your perspective on this is so encouraging for others! I am post 1 year of treatment this month and I have grown from this experience, it has cost me lots both mentally and physically, however, it has also brought me many gifts. Keep your spirits up and I can't wait to see how you progress! Everything is going to work out for you! B11
Be careful. You have dark skin which is prone to scarring and keloids. I'd research this carefully before you make a decision to remove your tattoo. If you still want to go ahead with it, I highly recommend the new Picosure laser. It's virtually painless, very effective, has a much shorter healing time, and less risk of scarring. I understand the urgency of wanting a removal, but don't do anything rash and end up with something worse than what you have on such a visible area of your body.
I am aware of the risks. And I know they CAN be bad. But it is not going to stop me on something that can also turn out amazing. Thank you for your concern though.
Yea, you'll be fine. The blisters will be intense, but it will def fade enough for a cover up. Shop around more. Some artists are also laser techs who specialize in doing cover ups, but that has risks. Alternately, seek out cynosure's picosecond laser. That will cost more and they aren't really available, but it will significantly cut down on the time/number of treatments. Why do you hate it so much anyway?
http://www.mariapatricia.co.uk/blog/2013/2/23/laser-tribal-tattoo-removal-fastest-laser-in-manchester.html I found a similar tattoo that has been faded, Would that be able to cover up? Just need a given sense on how faded this needs to be to cover up.
I definitely think you could be faded for a cover-up. The black on my tattoos has faded the most and some of the words on my tattoo are now non existent. You shouldn't be so hard on yourself. Hopefully you will become excited and hopeful when the removal actually starts, but know that everyone in this community is going through what you are going through and I'm sure anyone would be willing to chat with you and exchange stories and feelings.
A lot of people are telling me that it is cover-up-able, I just have to go through these sessions; i'm not sure how much, It's all going to depend on that first treatment, It's crazy to think about. I'm just scared to hear to price of which these sessions are going to cost., Y'know?
I would go to as many consultations as possible, even travel if you can because it may be worth it. I have never had to pay for a consultation. If i would have searched around for laser techs i would have saved over $1,000. My first laser tech was charging me $250 for my chest tattoo and now I've found somewhere that is doing it for $75 and the laser quality is no different. so "shop" around if you can! Don't just go with the first place that looks good because it may not be.
Hey Wesley, I am on the same boat with just as much ink but mine looks WAY worse! I am going in for consultation Tuesday. I know EXACTLY how you feel. It upset me so much, I will never get a tatt again and I am planning on removing the others. I will be starting my own story soon. I wish you success.
Glad to hear you booked yourself your consultation, Look forward to your blog!
Yeah, to me it was something I had to do. I'm terrified to hear to price of how much this'll cost; but at this point I'll pay anything.
Try not to worry so much about the money, it's only paper....right?! I would just focus on resolving the issue at hand and working towards your goal of fading. Remember, yours is all black, you are very lucky. B11
aloha WRS, I'm a little late commenting on your review and your predicament. I see that many have offered their words of wisdom. I understand your feelings of ink regret, we all do here. It doesn't really matter how old you are, I'm twice your age and I still have ink regret. The artist was bandaging the area and I was thinking "well this has to be lasered off". Ink regret knows no age limit. I really think this website will help you deal with the feelings. You'll receive wonderful support from all of us, we all are going through removal, the equipment may vary but the feelings are the same. After the shock of it all, then there is the depression, but it will get better. Once I had a consultation and knew that removal was possible it really helped me. Last week I had my second R20 session, so I've had a total of 8 passes of the laser beam. And the ink looks faded, the tattoo looks old. One thing I've learned throughout all of this is patience, this whole process takes patience and a positive attitude. That's why it's important to vent here to all of us, we will understand, we are living it right alongside you. We are all here for you. You can private message any one of us and we will "listen" and offer what ever wonderful words we can. The words that get me through it all is that we all make mistakes, none of us are perfect. But technology can help us remove, lighten, fade away those mistakes. Good luck with the consultation, keep us posted, we are all rooting for you. aloha...k
HI willwin, I hear ya, this is really something only a person can understand that is going through it. I still have my moments when I think "OMG, did this really happen, how did I get here" but I can manage my emotions so much better now. I am glad you found this site, and find it helpful, it's really amazing how people can come together, even over the net, and really help eachother. Take care! B11
Well everyone that's already replied nailed what I would type, just remember we are all here for each other... It is a very long process but this will pass..: the procedures can be painful and they suck but at the end of it all you can achieve your desired results... I agree to visit a tattoo artist first and see how light you need it before you can cover it... Work hand in hand with the artist ad well as the tech you chose to do the removal...