So Worth It. Be Patient!

I had vaser combined with smart lipo to tighten...

I had vaser combined with smart lipo to tighten the skin after the fat was removed. Wow! What a difference! I started with upper and lower abs where I had a li8flong battle with a pooching stomach. The procedure itself hurt like hell but now at 4 weeks post-op, I am astounded at my body! I went back to get love handles and inner thighs done. I still have a lot of swelling but can see a huge difference. The flanks and thighs were way less painful than abs (which my surgeon had warned me about ahead of time).

If you are only a few days or even a couple of weeks post-op, please give it some time. And wear the compression garment ALL THE TIME. It makes a big difference in the shape your body will take ultimately on. When the money tree grows again I'm going back to have my upper arms and "Bra Bulge" area on my back done.

Tampa Plastic Surgeon

My doc is a board certified plastic surgeon who has done MANY of these procedures. Her work on my was outstanding.

hi im going to have my liposuction and breast lift tomorrow but so much afried i hope every thing go best as i wanted i will explain u all the detail after my surgery
For me, I had little black & blue bruising. I felt the bruising on the inside but looking at me you hardly saw them. I am still feeling the discomfort. Makes me feel like I was ran over by a truck but if it wasn't for the swelling you would never know anything was done. I'm glad for that. Can't wait for the swelling to go down. I am taking the kids to Orlando in 3 1/2 weeks. Had I known how long the swelling would take to go down I would have planned differently!
Oh Sharon, Thank you for telling me this, it's a relief to hear I am not the only person to be so badly bruised following Vaser. I hope to see good results in time, I can see more of a difference over the last week or so (it took 7 weeks for swelling to start to go down
I was bruised to-had mine done 03/12 04/16--abd flanks bra roll. I feel like there is more that could have been removed hoping to see more results.
Im a little worried I had vaser lipo to my thighs 8 weeks ago, the initial bruising was horrific, dark purple and took around a month to fade, I can see some improvement but Im still swollen, Im worried as my skin looks kinda mottled and blotchy (is this normal?) I also have a fatty area left behind on my inner thigh low down which makes my leg a funny shape, do I get this corrected? when will I see final results
Maybe I am so worried because everything I read before I had the Vaser said the after effects were very minimal! well for me I was black and blue with a large amount of swelling, has anyone else had this happen, my legs are still sore to the tough and it's 9 weeks post procedure today!!!! I hope for a good result, I have a fatty bulge left behind and hope my doctor will remove this at my assessment?
I was black and blue and green and yellow! No bulges though and still am alittle numb on my left hip. Had mine done Nov. 2008. LOVE the results. Give it time, I still see little changes here and there this far out. Good luck!!
I had arms, back/bra fat, upper, Lower abs and flanks done in 2 separate visits. The last was done on 4/16/09, 1st done on 4/9/09. I only have a couple of lumps so far but am very sore. I am also very swollen in the abs (done on 4/16)..but it feels softer now so I assume it's healing. I'm wearing the garment faithfully but the zipper seems to bother my abs some because of the pressure. Is that normal?
Hi there. I live in the Tampa, FL area and I am considering getting this procedure done soon. I was just wondering if you could tell me the name of the doctor that did your Vaser so that I can schedule a consultation with him. Thanks and have a great day!

813-785-3262 tell them Nina sent you-

Hey, could you please refer me to a good surgeon in the Tampa area? Thanks,Barbara
hi! i'm from the philippines. i had vaser lipo done on my tummy, upper and lower abs, inner thigh and love handles) last jan 6, '09. it's now 10 days and the results are amazing. i can fit my smallest jeans that i have not worn in ages! although i'm still a bit swollen on some areas with a bit of soreness, my bruises are almost gone with just a small patch near my knees remaining. after 1 week, my surgeon measured me and i lost 5 inches across my waist. i expect to lose 3 inches more 30 days after the procedure. aside from the compression garment, i wear another abdominal girdle to get faster results. application of tincture arnica over the bruises helped in healing. i also massage anti-sagging cream over the areas after my morning bath. a day after, i was back to my usual daily routine, except no exercise allowed yet. i will go back to have my upper arms, chin and back (above the bra area) done as soon as i save up. to ensure that the fat doesn't come back, i will be taking up pole dancing lessons in a week's time. i'm in my late 40's.
hi. i'm researching about vaser lipo and i would like to have mine done in the Philippines too. can you recommend your surgeon? also, do you mind if i ask how much was the cost just so i have an idea. i'm in my 40's and i'm planning on having the same procedure done like yours. it would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.
hi... i'm from paranaque city, philippines, female 32 years old. i had my vaser liposuction on my arms. inner thighs, bra line at the back and tummy last feb.19, 2010. its almost 3 months since i had my post op. my arms, inner thighs and bra line at the back are ok now. but there's still a bit numbness on the areas. and with my tummy.... well, i'm having problem with the healing and recovery of my tummy 'coz aside from the numbness there's still a tube like lump below my belly button on both sides of my tummy. the right side of my tummy below the belly button has a bigger tube like lump than the left side. so when i look at my tummy from the top view and from the side view it looks deformed.... how many more months will it take for me to see the best result? can u recommend me your surgeon? thanks in advance.
please were did you did that i need that price with a goo doctor
Went for my 6 week check up and Dr. says my result is better than she had thought it may be...my age and such are major influences in my outcome... so glad I did it.
gardencity gal where did you get your surgery done? I live in orlando and I am currently shopping around for a good surgeon. Thank you.
Do you have any before and after pics you would be willing to share or email me? I am trying to decide if I really want to do this, thank so much!!! Happy Holidays
I just had my vaserliposelection done on Friday (11/28/08). i was asleep the whole time and when i woke up, i was in my garments and was ready to go home. when i got home, i was able to walk around with little soreness but nothing too bad. i noticed that my mons pubis area is a bit swollen like my lower abdomen. the doctor said this is normal. i don't feel too much pain at all. i walk around the house to keep the circulation of blood flowing. i stretch so that i don't get stiff. i took off my garments 24hrs after the procedure and rubbed some anti bruising creme on ALL my bruises. i rub my whole stomach so that maybe the numbness will subside. i feel great, but still swollen. i can see the contouring my dr. did on my sides and i love it so far (even though i'm swollen still ) i can see the difference. let's just all be patient and hope for the best! so far so good. keep wearing your garments! it really does help. i take mine off 3hrs before i go to bed then put them back on. i keep it on all day! it really does help with the healing. take your meds! happy healing!
i am now in day 3 and i'm feeling great! i still have a little bruising but they are fading away as the days go by. if you're lower abdomen is swollen still, i took an empty wine bottle and filled it with lukewarm water. i placed it on my lower belly and then started to gently roll over my entire stomach. it helped so much with the swelling and lumpiness. i do it in the morning and at night. then i spread firming oil from the body shop and gently massage the lumpiness with my fingertips. it helps a lot too. i am still a bit swollen but that's so normal. i feel great and can't wait till i see the final results!
I just had this done as well, about a week post op I was curious as to how long you guys stayed numb. My cuts are closed (accept for one) but im still pretty numb and feels like I have a lot of anesthetic left under the skin. ( I had my back love handles and lower abdomen done) And before anyone ask I plan on writing a review a little later on when I am back to normal.
Just had my upper and lower stomach and sides done yesterday. Feel pretty good considering the bruising. ( I bruise very easily ) My stomach feels sore like I was run over by a small motorcycle!I taken extra strength Tylenol for the pain just the pain meds. for sleeping. Not debilitating though. Wearing the compression garment seems to make it feel better...no jiggling and I have it off just long enough to rinse out the drainage spots while I am cleaning up and changing pads it is in the dryer and right back on. I see no problem with having to wear it for 6 weeks or my Dr. said longer would be best. Bending, reaching, coughing, laughing cause pain but am able to do most of my day to day activities. I am glad however to have a week off to recover. I see very little change but am abit swollen for sure. I know I am abit smaller as the garment went on abit easier after the procedure than before. Will check back in a week or so to update my progress. Best of health to all! Sharon
A week has gone by and I am pretty much back to normal and see much improvement! All my incisions are healing well ( no band-aids)and the bruises are fading fast, and I am back to work and working out at more than my usual speed and incline on the treadmill! This may be due to the fact that my belly no longer hinders me..... I will be wearing the garment for at least 6 weeks...Dr. says the longer the better and will probably have to get a smaller one soon as I am dropping a pound a day!So far no regrets!
I had my upper and lower stomach and sides done 3 days 2/11/09) ago. Reading your comments is comforting. I thought I was a wimp because I am pretty sore and the thought of resuming regular activiites (like some say they are doing) is a few days down the road I am sure. Thanks for your comments - I will hang in there.
Hi there. Thanks for your post! Did you get lumps as part of your recovery? I am in week 2 of recovery. So far I am happy about everything but get a little lumpy at the end of the day. Just wondering how long this stage of recovery lasted for you? When did you stop wearing your compression clothes. Today is day 15 post op and I feel like I should keep wearing them.