So Far Thrilled with Results and Glad It Did It

I did alot of research of because I was frustrated...

I did alot of research of because I was frustrated with fat in my abs, back (muffin tops) and under bra area even though I exercise 6 times a week and eat healthy for the most part.  I started with checking into traditional lipo, velashape & then that led me to finding out about smart lipo.

I did do consultations for all three procedures before making my decision.  I'm so glad that I checked it out so thoroughly.  This website was a huge help for me.  I had the procedure done a little more than 2 weeks ago on my back, hips, flanks & abs.

Right from the first time I saw my body out of the compression garmet I saw a huge difference.  I finally have a nice waistline!   I am short waisted so before the procedure I had trouble buying tops that fit me correctly because my hips were so out of proportion.  Now, that I'm out of the garmet, which I wore religiously for the two weeks, I can't believe the difference of how my clothing fits.  I'm not sure if I lost any weight, but honestly I'm not one to care about what the scale says,  I'm more about how I look in the mirror and I am truly pleased with what I see.  If everything I read from this website is true it should only get better.

Right now I have a few minor lumps but I feel each day that is getting better.  As far as the overall experience with the procedure itself I was really nervous beforehand but I can say it really wasn't that bad.  I would describe it as uncomfortable as others on this site have, because of being awake and feeling things going on inside you but not really feeling any pain.

The doctor and his two nurses that were in the room made the whole experience so incredibly comfortable for me.  We actually played music trivia to the radio that was playing.  The first few days were difficult getting around, mostly getting in and out of the car.  Each day I feel a little better than the day before so I keep reminding myself of that.  I am still not a 100% back to normal but I went back to the gym after 1 1/2 weeks and have adjusted my workouts to what I feel comfortable doing.  I think I will be back to my normal level in another week or two.  For the result I've gotten so far this is a small price to pay.

The only place I have any hard lumps (very few) is in my lower ab, but I hear this is normal. I have a theory about all the lumps people are complaining about...my procedure was done in these four steps. First, injection for the numbing the incisions. Second, after the incisions are done the numbing fluid goes in (this is a little time consuming). Third, the laser goes in and liquifies the fat...this is the part that is different and more gentle on your body than the traditional lipo. Fourth, they suck out all the fat once it's been liquified. Now, here is where my theory comes in...my doctor only went in on my lower ab with "smartlipo" to tighten and stimulate the collagen to firm up the skin...this is the only place I have lumps, which I'm told is normal and will go away with time. The doctor didn't do the "smartlipo" on my other areas because he said the skin was already firm. So I'm wondering if most of my procedure was like traditional lipo with the exception of the laser and then the "smartlipo" was used on my lower ab because of all the stretch marks and loose skin I had. I still have the stretch marks but they look smoother and tighter. My stomach has an overall flatter look. The rest, my upper abs, flanks and back just looks smaller, absolutely no lumps at all. My biggest trouble spot were my flanks, I had major muffin tops. They are gone. My jeans fit much better. I was a size 8. I still wear those jeans but the fit me much looser with no overhang. I'm waiting till summer's over and I have full results to try on new pants. One more thing on my recovery...I've been to a reflexologist 3 times since my surgery for an unrelated problem. Through the foot massage she was able to detect that I had "something going on in my lower back". After the second session with I realized how much, in my opinion, that helped with my recovery. I spoke to her again today after another session and she said the nerve stimulation through reflexology can really help post-op patients. Whether or not that played a big part in my recovery I don't know but I found it interesting. Good luck to you if you end up doing it. Let me know how you make out.
Hi Geese, Or should I say neighbor, lol. (Bucks County) I went to the same place as you for my smartlipo. I had a different doctor though. I am only one week post op. It has been a rough week! I have to go back to work next week and I am scared. My job is very physical with VERY long days. I was wondering if you could direct me to your reflexologist? Maybe I can get an appointment at the same time and we can compare results. haha Have a good one, Jillian40
Hi Geese. Thanks for sharing the details with me. I hope you fully recover soon. I noticed many of the women who's done the procedure are mothers. I'm 35 and don't have kids, but would like to in the future. I'm contemplating if I should do the procedure now or after I have kids. Can you give me (or anyone else) give me some advise on that? Does anyone know a good doctor in the new year city area or jersey city area?
Dr. Earl Bryant