So Far Thrilled with Results and Glad It Did It

I did alot of research of because I was frustrated...

I did alot of research of because I was frustrated with fat in my abs, back (muffin tops) and under bra area even though I exercise 6 times a week and eat healthy for the most part.  I started with checking into traditional lipo, velashape & then that led me to finding out about smart lipo.

I did do consultations for all three procedures before making my decision.  I'm so glad that I checked it out so thoroughly.  This website was a huge help for me.  I had the procedure done a little more than 2 weeks ago on my back, hips, flanks & abs.

Right from the first time I saw my body out of the compression garmet I saw a huge difference.  I finally have a nice waistline!   I am short waisted so before the procedure I had trouble buying tops that fit me correctly because my hips were so out of proportion.  Now, that I'm out of the garmet, which I wore religiously for the two weeks, I can't believe the difference of how my clothing fits.  I'm not sure if I lost any weight, but honestly I'm not one to care about what the scale says,  I'm more about how I look in the mirror and I am truly pleased with what I see.  If everything I read from this website is true it should only get better.

Right now I have a few minor lumps but I feel each day that is getting better.  As far as the overall experience with the procedure itself I was really nervous beforehand but I can say it really wasn't that bad.  I would describe it as uncomfortable as others on this site have, because of being awake and feeling things going on inside you but not really feeling any pain.

The doctor and his two nurses that were in the room made the whole experience so incredibly comfortable for me.  We actually played music trivia to the radio that was playing.  The first few days were difficult getting around, mostly getting in and out of the car.  Each day I feel a little better than the day before so I keep reminding myself of that.  I am still not a 100% back to normal but I went back to the gym after 1 1/2 weeks and have adjusted my workouts to what I feel comfortable doing.  I think I will be back to my normal level in another week or two.  For the result I've gotten so far this is a small price to pay.

Dr. Earl Bryant

The only place I have any hard lumps (very few) is in my lower ab, but I hear this is normal. I have a theory about all the lumps people are complaining about...my procedure was done in these four steps. First, injection for the numbing the incisions. Second, after the incisions are done the numbing fluid goes in (this is a little time consuming). Third, the laser goes in and liquifies the fat...this is the part that is different and more gentle on your body than the traditional lipo. Fourth, they suck out all the fat once it's been liquified. Now, here is where my theory comes in...my doctor only went in on my lower ab with "smartlipo" to tighten and stimulate the collagen to firm up the skin...this is the only place I have lumps, which I'm told is normal and will go away with time. The doctor didn't do the "smartlipo" on my other areas because he said the skin was already firm. So I'm wondering if most of my procedure was like traditional lipo with the exception of the laser and then the "smartlipo" was used on my lower ab because of all the stretch marks and loose skin I had. I still have the stretch marks but they look smoother and tighter. My stomach has an overall flatter look. The rest, my upper abs, flanks and back just looks smaller, absolutely no lumps at all. My biggest trouble spot were my flanks, I had major muffin tops. They are gone. My jeans fit much better. I was a size 8. I still wear those jeans but the fit me much looser with no overhang. I'm waiting till summer's over and I have full results to try on new pants. One more thing on my recovery...I've been to a reflexologist 3 times since my surgery for an unrelated problem. Through the foot massage she was able to detect that I had "something going on in my lower back". After the second session with I realized how much, in my opinion, that helped with my recovery. I spoke to her again today after another session and she said the nerve stimulation through reflexology can really help post-op patients. Whether or not that played a big part in my recovery I don't know but I found it interesting. Good luck to you if you end up doing it. Let me know how you make out.
Hi Geese, Or should I say neighbor, lol. (Bucks County) I went to the same place as you for my smartlipo. I had a different doctor though. I am only one week post op. It has been a rough week! I have to go back to work next week and I am scared. My job is very physical with VERY long days. I was wondering if you could direct me to your reflexologist? Maybe I can get an appointment at the same time and we can compare results. haha Have a good one, Jillian40
Hi Geese. Thanks for sharing the details with me. I hope you fully recover soon. I noticed many of the women who's done the procedure are mothers. I'm 35 and don't have kids, but would like to in the future. I'm contemplating if I should do the procedure now or after I have kids. Can you give me (or anyone else) give me some advise on that? Does anyone know a good doctor in the new year city area or jersey city area?
I'm very curious about your results with the different doctor at the same place. What areas did you get done? Are you happy so far? I have to say it did take a few weeks for me to feel pretty normal again. Right now, I would say I'm 99% back to normal. It's been nearly two months and I'm still very happy with the outcome. Did you start your job? How's it going? I will email you privately with the name of my reflexologist. Maybe she can help with your recovery as well.
Hi...I am feeling 99% back to normal and still thrilled with my results. I guess to answer you, I would have to ask how soon you're planning on having kids? If you have no immediate plans I would say go for it. I never exercised or watched what I ate while pregnant. I didn't gain alot and I was very young but I did get stretch marks. I wish I would have been more careful during my pregnancies so I would also recommend that. I do exercise and eat healthy (and have for 14 years) because I don't want to jeprodize what I've worked for. I think that is also key for sucess with this procedure. Good luck to you.
I'm a 35 years old, live in NY. I want to do my back, love handles, upper abs. I'm afraid of the results. I've been seeing alot of review about the hard lumps.
Hi, it's encouraging to see the positive results. As like you, I like to do as much research as I possibly can before doing the procedure. So if you don't mind, I'd like to ask you a few questions. 1. How old are you? (compare recovery time) 2. Can you give me the doctor's information? 3. How long was the surgery Hope you fully recover soon. Thank you
I am 43 years old. I've had 3 children. My surgery took approximately 4 to 4 1/2 hours. My doctor was Dr. Earl Bryant, with The Institute for Laser & Astethic Medicine in Doylestown, PA. I'm over 6 weeks now and I'm still feeling even better. I would say I'm at 95% back to normal. I only feel a little tingling pain when I do high jumping activities at the gym but that has gotten better too just in the last week. What are you looking to do and where are you from?
Yes, I agree, it would be hard to get an un-biased opinion on your results. I am a little uneven in my hips but I started out that way to begin with. I also have some dimpling on my lower ab but I've been massaging it and that seems to help. My upper ab is flat as a board. I think if I had a problem with something that affected my face I would be extremely alarmed...I don't blame you one bit. Did they give you a time period of when they think that problem will go away? I am 3 1/2 weeks post op also. I still am very numb & at the same time tender (like a bad bruise) on my lower back. Also, my abs feel so tight sometimes that it's a little bothersome. Everything I read on this site it sounds like time will make everything better. I'm still very satisfied with my results thus far. I'm not sure if it's because I'm more aware of it but it seems like "smart lipo" is popping up everywhere. I wish you much luck with your results. Keep me posted.
i don't want to say on this site; because i may be entering into litigation at some time. They are actually in King of Prussia, i live close to the border of Bucks and Montgomery County. I was not happy with their customer service after they got my $7,000. I first had my upper and lower abs and ended up with a lot of dimpling on my upper abs, that was in beginning of March. My stomach did become flatter, but the dimpling was not there before. I requested a revision on the upper abs when i went back in for my love handles and chin. So, i had my chin and jowls, upper abs redone and my love handles done. Result, still some dimpling on upper abs, my right hip looks bigger than the other and my left side of my mouth is crooked and i can't open it all the way, she aid the nerve is inflammed. I am on a medication for the inflammation of the nerve and the Dr. said the right hip is bigger because the numbing solution drained to one side due to the location of the 2nd procedure. I am tending to believe this because it is the side i lay on...it is getting better. It has now been 3 wks since i have had the 2nd procedure. I was in a size 10 and now i size 8, but i really thought i would have a flatter stomach, no dimpling and i would not have a stiff mouth on one side. It is noticable when i talk and people can hear it. I am a bit concerned with the final outcome. I was told there would not be very much swelling or discomfort and that was not the case. I was very sore the first and 2nd time for over a week. I am trying to be patient with the outcome, but I feel they are acting like i am a big complainer and that i should not be alarmed. I went to my dermatologist who also does this and he said they left too much fat and i should not have had all of this swelling. Not sure if he is totally honest, either because he is probably ticked i did not come to him for this procedure, but his price for 4 areas would have been $11K. I am just sorry i rushed into this w/o doing more research. thanks for your information. I want to get another opinion on my results before I decide what to do with all of this. Thank you. Karen
Hi - Can you tell me where Dr. Bryant is located. I am in the Bucks County area as well and would like to consult with him. I actually had my upper and lower abs and love handles and chin done by a provider and am not pleased with the results and service. Thank you.