So Far So Good, Trying to Have Patience for Final Results of Smart Lipo...

I had Smart Lipo about two weeks ago on my...

I had Smart Lipo about two weeks ago on my upper/lower abs and flanks. The procedure was uncomfortable, but tolerable. I was awake the entire time, and talked the entire time, so much that I think my doctor wished he had given me more drugs! (I took xanax, benadryl, and a painkiller before surgery) The pain level was about what I expected- initial numbing hurts, then the laser and suction are uncomfortable, but not awful. I don't even know how much fat they took out because I asked the doctor right afterwards but was so out of it that I forgot! But, I do know that it wasnt a lot. I started out at 125 lbs, 5'5, and am 35 years old- just wanted the extra flab off my middle and sides that I ended up with after years of not exercising, pregnancy, and decreased metabolism.
It took about 3 hours total- only about 2 for the doctor to laser and remove the fat.
Immediately after the surgery my stomach was very flat, looked like when I was 21. Bruised, and very sore and draining from incisions (only 4) but flat!
I went home and slept all afternoon, ate dinner, took some painkillers and slept well that night. The draining stopped the next day and though I was sore, didnt feel too bad.

The second day swelling started and my garment was very uncomfortable, awful. Now at day 17 I still have swelling, but less. Unfortunately my stomach looks just a little better than before the surgery! I have to assume at this point that it is just swelling, and am trying to have patience but there's a little part of me that wonders if the doctor took out enough fat... He tells me to wait for 6 months, and from what I've heard from others that have had Smart and traditional lipo it really does take that long to see the results. And, though I am a little anxious, I do have a lot of confidence in my doctor. He's been doing Smart Lipo since it was approved, has literally done hundreds, and had great references. He also had it done to himself by someone he trained, which made me feel very comfortable and safe.

So- I'm giving Smart Lipo a "yes. it's worth it!" based on what I saw right after the surgery, and because the overall experience wasnt so bad. I would recommend a couple things: arnica and bromelian really do help with swelling and especially bruising; take as much time off work and kids as possible - you won't feel like doing anything for a week, and I think I'm recovering quickly because I got a lot of rest; and, take photos before, AND right after surgery! I didnt and really wish I had because then I could look at them now and remind myself of how great it looked before the swelling started.

I will definitely update my review in the coming months and also look forward to hearing about everyone else's experiences.

3 Graces Medspa -Dr. T. Jeneby

I had SL with vaser & suction on my thighs (inner, outer, front and back) on 7/1. I was on the table for 9 hours, no pain and really no discomfort during the procedure. I was surprised to learn that the doctor suctioned 8,000 cc's - apx. 2/3 of which was fat. Would never have believed I was carrying that much lard around! Had significant swelling and bruising the following day. Wore the compression garment 23/7 for 2 wks and am now wearing it to sleep in. Swelling and bruising are much improved and you can definately see an improvement in the overall appearance of my thighs. Also had upper arms done 7/9 and healing is coming along nicely. Not nearly as much swelling and bruising. I highly recommend drinking as much water as you can every day. I'm trying to drink as much as 1 gallon. Walking has also helped me to feel much better - try to do 3.5 - 4 miles at least 4 times a week. Also have a great deal of confidence in my doctor. She is the pioneer of SL in Texas and is a Board Certified surgeon who has been using laser during surgeries for over 20 years. She also indicated it could take up to 8 mos before I see the "final" results of the surgery. Considering having flanks, back, bra area and such done also, but really want to heal from the first two procedures before I jump in again. Hope you are feeling better and that your final result is what you are hoping for.
where did u get the smartlipo done? what dr? I want to get my abs done but i want o make sure i go to s good experienced dr. i live in austin tx u know anyone?
{edited} She is Board Certified and has 20+ years experience with lasers. I found she and her staff to be very caring and professional. {edited} took her time with my surgery and I beleive truly wants to make sure that things turn out the way she has tld you they will. Website is {edited}. I beleive {edited} was the first doctor in Texas to be certified to perform SL procedures and I was told had done in excess of 300 procedures by the end of June. Pricing is around $4,000 for the first area then $2,000 per area after that. I had front, back, inside and outside thighs done, so that came to $10,000 plus some ancillary costs for lab tests, compression garment, surgical supplies, etc. Now that I am 4 weeks post-op on my thighs and 3 wks post-op on upper arms I can honestly tell you that I like what I'm seeing. Still a little sore and stiff, but getting better ever day. Hope this info helps, but feel fee to e-mail me if you have any other questions. Editor note: You must contact other users privately to share this information. You may contact other users privately by clicking on their username.
thanks for the info. Have u heard about aspacia medical in Bee Caves? I went there for a consultation and they had some good prices just wanted to know if u heard anything about them.
No, I don't know anything oaobut Aspacia Medical or even where Bee Caves is. Just make sure to thoroughly research the doctor you select before you take the plunge. I've read a lot of reviews from folks who have suffered a great deal of pain and in some cases pretty significant scarring. Good luck!