SmartXide DOT Laser Therapy

Today is Wednesday, 11/26/08. I had the SmartXide...

Today is Wednesday, 11/26/08. I had the SmartXide Dot treatment on Monday, 11/24/08. I'm 55 years old, with some acne scarring, uneven coloring, patches of large pores, some small broken capillaries around my nose. I would love to see my coloring evened out & the scarring diminished.

My doctor numbed me, but there was still quite a sting. The burning sensation was more of an issue for me than the stinging, but that subsided a few hours later. I am very fair and I turned pretty red all over. I had my neck done and it was actually less painful than my face. I thought it would be the opposite. The doctor told me that the neck area is less sensitive than the face.

I can see though that it might take longer for my neck to get back to its normal color. Some parts of my face are starting to go back to normal color, but some parts are still red. My neck however is one big reddish-pink area! It's hard to imagine that my red neck will be back to normal by tomorrow.

Right now I look pretty awful, but that's not stopping me from getting out and doing some shopping! I pack on the sunscreen and put on some big sunglasses and wrap a light silk scarf around my neck so the demarcation line is not so stark.

Later today I visit my doctor, who'll check on the progress of my SmartXide treatment. We'll see--right now the jury is still out on whether it was worth it since it's too early to tell.

I'll check in later with an update!

This thread is from a while back, but if anyone knows: did the dots from the laser go away? and how long for the redness to subside? and how long after the wrinkles come back (after the swelling) do they go away (from real collagen remodelling)?
from what I have read, my situation was atypical. My redness lasted for several months but was actually the beginning of hyperpigmentation. I had this treated by another M.D. with hydroquinine products and chemical peels and after about a year, it was under control and the darker blotches are gone. But I now live in hi-spf sunscreen. Not sure about your question regarding the dots. After treatment, my dots dried up, turned to scabs and fell off. But they did did leave very tiny indentations in my skin that remain to this day. They are hard to see with the naked eye but they are visible if you point them out--so they are there. I hope this doesn't scare you--it seems like my experience was atypical from what I have read. Smartxide and the inexperienced doctor I chose were all wrong for me!
I'm so sorry. At least you have to point out the problems only. :) I am not being overly lighthearted, just trying to say that's a good thing!!!!! I am happy for you about that.