It Was Well Worth It!

I had traditional liposuction about 2 years ago...

I had traditional liposuction about 2 years ago and had my chin, arms, abdomen, inner thighs, back and butt done. I was in extreme pain for days not to mention nasuea and severe bruising.

I decided to go in again for liposuction but this time tried smart lipo. I just had my arms, butt, upper and lower back, abdomen and inner thighs done just yesterday, and besides being a little sore, I am up walking around!

I couldnt be happier.. smart lipo is truely a less invasive procedure and well worth it. I just cant wait to see the results!

One thing though, I have a few blisters on my inner thighs from the laser because the skin is so thin there. Other than that I coldnt be happier. When they say you can go back to work the next day, I am living proof!

Dr Andrew Gear

He listened to my concerns and was very attentive not to mention his staff is wonderful!

Who was the Dr you went to??

Hi Chase,

Doctor information is shown above the review. Make sure you're signed in first and it will appear automatically.

I had my work done on Wed. I cant post anything yet. my breast implants hurt way too bad. I got up and did too much by myself on Thurs. I am trying not to take many pain pills so I realy dont feel like moving much. I have averaged about 1 pill every 4 to 8 hours.Just depends on how much moving aroun I do. I will post a detailed report with pictures as soon as I can move a little better. To the person that posted the bad comments about Dr. Gear you should only post thing that you yourself know to be true. If this other person had such a bad experience why did they not post pics and a story!!!!! I still love Dr. Gear & his staff. They have called several time to check on me.
please can you post pictures... before n after. i am still a bit apprehensive about getting this done
I know someone who works at Refine and had them ask Dr. G about jsmith comment saying he "couldn't call himself an expert." This was apparently taken out of context. He was contacted by an attorney who wanted him to be an expert witness in court against another physician and he said he didn't consider himself an expert WITNESS in this specific case as he had not even seen the patient. He recommended they seek someone who had developed the laser or someone who had done clinical trials on it to review the case. He is an excellent surgeon and everyone I know that has gone to him is pleased. I don't blame him for not wanting to get in the middle of a legal battle.
I had Smart Lipo done in November at the Refine Institute by Dr. Gear. WOW!!!! I am so happy. I had my stomach, love handles, inner and outer thighs and knees done. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Dr. Gear and his staff were wonderful. He even called me that evening just to check in and make sure I was doing ok. I was very scared of getting my inner thighs done, because I had heard lipo horror stories about this area. That is why I went to Dr. Gear. He is known for being GREAT at liposuction and I didn't want to trust that to someone who didn't really specialize in it. I am so glad I did.
Dont worry. Although blisters are a side effect of using a laser, they are going down and away! Dont be scared.. Dr G is wonderful. If you want you can call me... email me at {edited} and I will give you my number. -- Editor note: This user can be contacted privately by clicking on their username.
Have you posted your pictures yet. I go Fri. for my pre. op. I'm still not sure how much work I want to have done. The inner thigh is the one that scares me the most. I have seen pictures from inexperienced Docs and it looks horible. I really wish you could post some of how bad the blisters got.
Went to my appt today and it went great! He is making sure healing is going as scheduled.. which I am right on course! I couldnt be happier. Its only been 2 weeks, but it feels like I never even had any work done! I will say it again, if you are in the market for liposuction, you must do smart lipo!!!!
Think twice, this Dr. is not board certified in plastic surgery. He has also told someone that I know when asked if he could be a smart lipo expert that he lacks the experience.. Stay away from Dr. {see note} as well. My own poor results did not really appear for several weeks out when the tightening started. Blisters are a bad sign. Moderator note: If you would like to review your experience with a particular provider or clinic, please write your treatment review and enter the provider or clinic name in the field provided.
Oh no! what kind of results did you see once the tighenting started? do you have pics to share?
Jamie Smith-Its unfortunate that you would make such a comment about a skilled, heartwarming and caring Plastic surgeon which is something you dont see much these days. He is the most HONEST Plastic Surgeon I have met. Since you mentioned him, Dr. Drago specializes in ENT not breast and body contouring. Regardless of whether or not hes board certified he does not have the right credentials to do body work therefore you get poor results. That is very unfair and unfortunate to the patient, such as yourself. Blisters are a possible side effect with smartlipo and everyone should know that going in. I know I was told about it. It is a chance you take but as Dr. G and Rosso123 mentioned, they will heal over time.
Very bad, matter of fact they are still healing. And I have a huge lump under my skin which Im assuming will go down over time, but will ask him when I go there on Thursday
How bad were the blisters on the inner thighs? Did you take pictures of them when you got home?
I have a follow up appt this Thurs, where they may take pics, they didnt take them om my last visit probably because it was so soon. Ill ask him.... Dr and his staff are so wonderful and kind and made me feel so comfortable. I told them that I will definately be a repeat offender. Ya know, I have the same problem as you. I am 31 and just feel that my body isnt as tight as it used to be. Although I expected to see immediate results from the smart lipo as far as skin "tighenting" as it states it does, I really have yet to see it (keep in mind I am about 11 days out)However, a picture tells a thousand words, so I will really be able to tell how effective the tighenting truley was when I see the pics.
OMG, maybe i'll see you there on Thursday. I'm going for a consult with Dr. G. I'm excited and nervous. I try not to think about the money my vanity is costing me but he's having a spring special so fingers crossed it all sounds good.
I just went in for my first consult with Dr. G, on Fri. How long do you think it will be before you upload pics? I am looking at a total body tighting!!! Breast aug., smartlipo on lower &upper abs, flanks, inner thighs. I just cant get my body tight. I would love to see your pics, before I decide how much to get done.
wow, lots of work. Are you nervous? Did he have lots of good words to inspire you on your new body? I have a consult with him this Thursday. I'm totally not sleeping at night just thinking about it.
i also went to this Dr. I went 6 weeks ago. What a great staff! The hardest part is waiting for the results just as you mentioned!
would you be willing to post some before and after photos of your thighs?
Absolutly.. I am going for a visit tomorrow to the the stiches out and will ask the doctor to send me the before pics.