Smartlipo No Pain but Thus Far See No Gain

I had smartlipo on 04/17/2009. I am on day 2 and...

I had smartlipo on 04/17/2009. I am on day 2 and am feeling the lumps and bumps but see no results thus far. I saw quite a bit of fat that was removed from my body but do not see it physically. My legs are sore like I did an extreme maximum work out for the first time in years but there's minimal bruising. I was on the the table about 6 hours and honestly everytime the nurse asked me my pain level between 1 and 10 I always said zero to 1. I did go to a medspa and did use a doctor fairly new to doing the procedure, so I will see. I'll update weekly and post pictures and be able to give a more informed review as the weeks go on.

I am having my procedures in 2 parts. This time I had outer thighs, bannana roll and "quote unquote" smoothing of the anterior legs. The smoothing is questionable since this is not the purpose of smartlipo so we will see if it helps. Next trip I am having interior thighs and knees. I am having these maybe a month from now if I am somewhat pleased with my current results. The only con I will confirm currently is I seem to be still light headed at times.

Today is day 3 and it appears I see small...

Today is day 3 and it appears I see small improvement.  I walked 2 miles this morning and massaged the back of my legs while in the shower and the lumps did not feel as hard as they did yesterday, so I have'nt given up hope.

I do not want to give a recommendation for a few weeks. I can not evaluate him for yet.

Im not sure. How about you?
Do NOT take this procedure lightly. They say you are back to work in two days-- but full recovery takes months! And it is VERY painful. I had my lower thighs done 5 weeks ago and still have bruising and swelling. Plus significant tightness. I just now can finally bend my knees in a squat position. It is getting better but is a slow, painful recovery. Also still wearing the support hose which I recommend to do as long as you can...again I have been wearing them for 5 weeks now but stopped wearing them at night by week 3. They say it takes 3 months to see final results. I do see some improvement but the swelling makes it hard to tell. If the results are good, they I will say it was worth it.....but I will never do it again!
How many ccs did he take out?
HI guys. I had my outer thighs done 4 days ago and my inner thighs and knees done yesterday. I see a difference already on my inner thighs and a little bit of a difference on my saddle bags, they are still pretty swollen. I am also pretty bruised. I haven't seen much of a difference on my knees thus far. How long has your swelling lasted? And also the bruising? Thanks for sharing your stories
Well for me this is day 8. Bruising is steadily healing and has lightened alot. My bruising did not come in dark purple until about the 3rd day that is why I originally wrote minimal bruising. The soreness has eased greatly. It's not too bad now. Results.... slightly I see a difference but not a $5500 dollar difference. For me I have big thighs an when I measured today and compared it to the day I went in and they are only 1/2 inch smaller.
I'm sure you look great! We are our own worst critics anyway. The pain is pretty bad and the bruising was awful on my legs.
Well, if the same thing happens, be sure to come back to this site and change your review to NOT worth it. I think too many people are reviewing after day 2 and not coming back to share the final results. I just want others to be aware so they can avoid the pain and expense. In addition to no results, I could feel the laser piercing me in the ribcage. One board certified plastic surgeon on here says that Smart Lipo melts water in the cells rather than suctioning fat like traditional lipo. If that is the case, no wonder people write positive reviews on day 2 and are really disappointed with the final results months later. If you noticed, there was more red or blood tinged water than fat in the cannister. I took a photo of it while I was getting dressed.
LOL. I took photos of my 2 canisters also. My fat had separated and was on top though and the red blood tinged water was on the bottom. Mine was more fat on top then the liquid at the bottom. I will definatley change my review if I am not happy. I called today and left a message on the Managers voice mail to credit my account for the additional services. Once I stop being sore from this there is no way I am going through this healing process again. I am just going to have to learn to love my flaws.
I saw "fat" in a cannister as well after surgery but the results on my body never happened. Six months have passed and I could really care less about the vat of fat on the doctor's table. My mother says my body did not change at all and she can't help thinking they leave the same cannister out for all patients to see.
Your Mom could be right. I did see my fat as it was going through the tubes and filling the canisters though. As for now it is day 5 and I do see very,very,very small improvement but it is not significant enough for me to pay for the additional areas I was planning thus far. It's still early in the game but right now unless something changes in the next few weeks, I am done.
When I had my procedure last week on inner calf, knees and lower thighs, I watch the fat suctioned into the canister and it seems that the comment that they use the same canister for everybody a little devious and unprofessional. I filled 1 and a half canisters, and saw them remove the first and replace it with a new one. You mentioned medspa in Durham and I am wondering whether it may be the same one I went to.