SMARTLIPO is AMAZING!

BACKGROUND: I had always had a hereditary fat...

BACKGROUND:
I had always had a hereditary fat deposit on my abdomen that is completely unresponsive to diet and exercise. I work out 6 days a week, 2 hours a day and eat pretty healthy (i.e., lean meats, whole grains, organic fruits and vegetables, etc.). Even when my body fat has been as low as 16%, people asked how long ago I had my baby—however, I have never had children. This was a constant source of embarrassment to me, and was partly due to a very noticeable scar (over 6” long by ¼” wide) from a bad appendectomy surgery 23 years ago. As I grew older, the scar collapsed almost to my muscle and the skin stretched, leaving a deep indentation and noticeable lumps of fat around the edges. I’d been to 5 other doctors over the years to see what could be done about the scar. However, there was no procedure to revise it that would make it look better. When I heard about SmartLipo and the laser’s ability to rebuild collagen, I decided to go for a consultation. I was very impressed with my doctor, and decided to give the procedure a chance.

PROCEDURE:
I had SmartLipo on my upper and lower abdomen, flanks, upper buttocks, mons pubis, and chin. The doctor removed 2 LITERS of fat from my upper and lower abdomen alone, 1 LITER of fat from the other areas of my body, and 30 CC’s from my chin. The doctor noted that he was surprised by how much fat he had to remove from my abdomen, as he would have expected only 1 liter of fat in that area due to my BMI and body fat. Note that on the day of my surgery, I weighed 125.8 pounds, 24% body fat, BMI 22.6. I am 5’ 2 ½”. Others have this procedure under local anesthetic, but mine was performed under general anesthesia due to a medical issue with the local. Additionally, 1 incision had to be stitched closed rather than cauterized due to skin stretching on that side of the upper abdomen.

RECOVERY:
Someone had to drive me to and from the procedure, and I needed friends to stay with me for 4 days total. For the first 2 days, I ate only crackers and small amounts of soft foods, as I didn’t have much appetite. I also took painkillers and needed help to get up and lie down due to pain and stiffness in the abdomen. This may not be typical, though, because my doctor had to work on the scar area very extensively. The first 24 hours were a bit scary, as there was a great deal of drainage and blood from the incisions in my body. My friends had to change the pads and towels at least 5 times that I remember. However, the doctor said this amount of drainage is normal and good because it is only superficial bleeding and the fluid needs to continue draining. After the first 24 hours, a friend had to help me shower and put on the compression garment, as I couldn’t do it myself. I needed to lie down before we finished due to lightheadedness. About 30 minutes later, I was fine again. At 48 hours, I showered and dressed myself, but needed to lean on my friend to stay steady. I had to make sure not to look at my stomach on those first 2 days, as it looked pretty ugly: wrinkled, swollen, bruised, and like I’d just given birth. My chin had minimal swelling, and one area on my neck had some bruising. By days 3 and 4, I ate solid food, didn’t take any painkillers, did everything myself, and was able to make coffee and walk around the house for a good part of the day. My chin and neck still look about the same, but I am amazed to see that my stomach is already looking flat and tight! I’m really excited to see how this comes out, and will post the “after” pictures at the 1-month mark.

I just had cool lipo yesterday and my stomach looks a little frightening today. Lots of indentations, divets and lumpiness. Because I travelled to do the procedure, they stitched up my incisions and they haven't drained at all so I'm still holding a lot of water... Anyhow, your last picture looks fantstic! How long after the procedure was that. You mentioned that your stomach didn't look good the first couple of days (I'm so glad you mention it because I wasn't prepared for that and was a bit concerned.) How long did it take for your stomach to look good? How long did you wear the compression garment? Do you think it helped? Thanks!
I have an consultation appt with your doctor in February for my upper and lower abdomen. Can you tell me if he suctions the fat out or just lasers it and lets it drain? I have read another review from someone who went to him and had a horrible experience..which has scared me enough to wonder if I should do this or not. Would you be able to provide pics so that I can see how your abs turned out post lipo? Do you have any regrets? Any sagging in areas that were treated? Thanks so much!!
Hi rawbeauty, Sorry for the delay, but didn't see your post until today. How was your experience? What did the other person say who had a horrible experience? I had some skin sagging, but I'm sure that's normal given the amount of fat and my age. I'm going back for a second procedure, which I've read is quite common for the best results. There are risks and rewards with anything like this, and you'll have to decide whether the risks are worth it for you or not. Let me know how it turns out.
Todd K. Malan, SmartLipo Institute

I would absolutely recommend my Dr. for the SmartLipo procedure. Aside from his excellent credentials, Dr. M and his staff were exceptionally professional. When I went in for my consultation, I did not tell him what I wanted done. Instead, I asked him what he could do to make my body look its best. He marked several areas for me, and was very honest about potential negative outcomes due to pre-existing skin sagging in the abdominal and mons area. His office was both immaculate and beautiful, which made the experience more comfortable. Finally, his staff was friendly, open, and very patient with all my questions.