SmartLipo of Entire Abs, Flanks, and Bra Line

After months of using this site I went to meet...

After months of using this site I went to meet with some doctors in my area. I decided on one pretty close to me because i liked his personality and office. He is also a board certified plastic surgeon with lots od smartliop experience. (He also had good reviews on realself a big plus) I will write a new review after my procedure June 24th, have my preop June 15th. I will take some pictures on my own soon and add them to this review. Just looking for some words of encouragement and tips for best results. I'm a pediatric nurse 23, 5'5'' 130 pounds. My stomach has been the bain of my existence after years of yo-yo dieting and disordered eating I've been trying to get recovered for the last year. In the process of recovering came a good 20 pounds and like always just in the waist. I believe I can truley accept a healthy frame on me if i can just look proportional. I will update along the way thanks for all the ideas and support so far!

Silly thing to add but since my BF is totally not...

Silly thing to add but since my BF is totally not on board with this ( He thinks any cosmetic procedure is unecessary no matter what) I really appreciate the camaraderie here.

Here are my before pictures. I'm almost 3...

Here are my before pictures. I'm almost 3 weeks out now going to get pics taken soon.

Three Years later....

So wanting more procedures done I some how stumbled on RS again. I had completely forgotten I had this review. I was never really happy with my smart lipo and never got my flat stomach. Two months after the procedure I started grad school and started gaining weight. In the two years following I gained almost 40 pounds. I have since lost 35 of the pounds (at 137) and I think my smart lipo might not be as bad as I orginally thought. I think when i get back to 130 I will look much improved from the photos I see here but I am also doing a strength training program that focuses on muscle building so even at the same weight it may not be a great comparison since my body fat % may be better now. Anyhoo looking back what my body really needs is a BBL thats what i really need to balance out my frame. Otherwise to have a flat stomach I have to starve and be about 110 at 5'5''. I would love to have that perfect body at 125 and be healthy and build muscle on an hourglass shape. Anyway just thought I'd update I'll consider putting pics up just to see where I'm at. Also I did do a long review with pics years ago but it never showed and I no longer have either so can't give any true post ops sorry.

3 years+ later

Well I was never really happy but these are photos of abdomen at 140 lbs (about 10 pounds heavier) then before and I can def see I'm better off. Doing a lot of weight training and hope to get to 130 soon. Look out for coolsculpting review. Just don't have time for surgery. What my body really needs is a bbl but I want to lose weight and be fit right now.
Clermont Plastic Surgeon

Overall the staff and doctor were friendly and the procedure was easy. There was discomfort but felt pretty good by a week. I just didn't have drastic results and never had a flat tummy. I wish he would have been much more aggressive.

I'm so sorry to hear that. That makes me think twice because I've been thinking about doing smart lipo myself.It's not like you were extremely overweight either just a little bit of belly fat like me. I thought that at least if you weren't satisfied he would do another at his own expense since you are not happy with the results and you're his client. I wish you the best of luck keep us updated please.
Nope...the results is not what I expected, I am very disappointed. I had a follow up appt with the Dr and I express how I felt, what he advised me to do is another rounds of smartlipo at my expense or a tuck. I am so pissed is not funny.
So what are the end results ? Are you satisfied with the new you :)
I had my SmartLipo done 3weeks ago today on my abs and flanks. The recovery period has been hard for me. The 1st Four (4) days I had a great deal of pain. Starting on day Three (3) I have had a great deal of swelling and very large and hard lumps. I'm still wearing my compression garment 12hrs aday and I frimly rub the area aleast three times aday. I have had very little bruising due to the Arnica Tablets I took. I return to the Dr Wes ill let you know my udate.
I'll try and post my Pics.
Yayyyyy you finally got some pics up! I CANT WAIT TO SEE YOUR AFTER PICS! but from the side view your soo tiny!honestly your problem areas just seem like your flanks and upper back[bra rolls]..so far how are you pleased with you results? cause i am VERY UNHAPPY! i saw him on tues for my 3week post up and he says i still have a lot of swelling still. but i just think that i should of been able to see a more visable results by now at least "a lil something" lol KEEP POSTING doll, ill love to see your progress =]
I did not get a garment just ace bandages too. But at my 10 day follow up he said the compression garment was optional it wouldm't really make a difference in me so I'm still wearing a tummy shaper undergarment for support. Still waiting to see if my supeer long review and pics show up soon. I tried posting the pics twice so if they do there might be doubles of just befores.
Oh okay hun thats what we also told me at my follow up & im am also wearing the shapers to..at first i thought it was werid because from reading everyones review i got the notion that the compression garment is mandatory! Hope to see yout post soon lol..
The site not letting me update with pics and my review hope to get it up soon.
it takes awhile lol when you click on "write a review" again are you able to see your post and pics? if so then its only a matter of days before they approve it and post it up on here =]
I can't see it but I wrote a long review with pics. I might have posted it twice now I'll wait and see.
..& btw did they provide a compression garment for you or did you have to get your own like i had to? im still hard and swollen and i have one or two lumps on my side area..hope to get better results as the time goes on.
Hey everyone it went great I will have a better update soon and hopefully get my pics don't have my own camera. Overall it was a lot easier then I thought i just hope he got as much as possible. Just sore and trying to get better will do a full review soon.
Hey hun just wanted to touch bases..how did today go?
i am so excited for all of you...it is the best thing i ever did (today it has been 4 weeks)! quick note on the arnica tablets. i started mine about 1 week prior i think and i had VERY little bruising. i don't know if it is because of the tablets or not, but they were only like $8.00, so it was worth it to take them just in case. i am using the arnica cream now and really haven't noticed much difference in reducing soreness, so i can't really say yes or no to it, but i would definitely recommend doing the tablets. best of luck to all of you!!!
lol same here,I think we should have a better chance and better results then the older folks. Im 20 with a 2year old,so i have stubborn belly pouch that just wouldnt go away. i had join the wellness center at the hospital and did the Zumba and Pilates class and also my regular work outs I had my pro-op the day after ur..june 16th =] i really hope we awesome results! and i will most deff post pics =]
Mz Jewelz not I know u ain't talking bout old folks up in here like this...hmmmm we will see when this old fold have her ***** done!!! haaaaa Love you my daugther LOL...just had to mess with u!!!!
Hey I actually have my surgery the day after yours on the 24th. If your up for writing that day you have to tell me how it went. I had my pre-op on june 15th and took some personal/gross before pictures which I'll post once my friend gets them off her camera. I know how you feel about over reseraching some things I see are great some look awkward. I'm hoping since i'm young the skin will bounce back into shape. : )
Hiii, I also live in Leesburg and Im also have Dr.Serra preform my Smartlipo, im having Abbs,Flanks,and upper back done. The date today is Saturday June,19 2010 and i will be have my surgery preformed this Weds June 23,2010 I think i may have done wayyy to much researchinq and viewin a lot of before and afters pics. i guess im nervious because in some pics i dont see dramatic results as i would presume. Over all, how do u feel about having smartlipo,did u see a improvement as soon as you got up from the table? lol
i hear you, its not a silly thing to add that you're not getting support. i guess that's why i spend so much time on realself. it gives me a place where i see supportive messages, that i'm not crazy to be contemplating a procedure. Just like lynn1978 says, pls do post more esp. pics!
I am having Lipo (not sure what kind) of the abdomen, flanks, braline in July. I too have a good build - curvy muscular shape... but the belly is my demise. It is all I see when I look in the mirror. What is worse is my pants fit so tight in my waist they hurt. But if I go one size up - they are falling off my legs and butt. So I know that this stomach is not proportional to the rest of me. Good luck. Please post your results. It really does help others going through the same thing! Thanks for sharing... you will look great!
Hey girl, I totally understand your motivation to have SmartLipo done. In fact, I just had mine done about 11 days ago and I have no regrets whatsoever. The recovery period is a little harder than they describe--lots of swelling and tenderness (and in my case, bruising), but certainly tolerable. As long as you have a good surgeon and feel confident in his skills, then you won't have any problems. Be sure not to drink any alcohol or to take any aspirin or blood thinners 1 week prior to the surgery. I wish I had also started taking Arnica tablets before going in because they are supposed to really prevent bruising. Stay hydrated and keep your compression garment on. It's tough to wear it when the weather is so hot, but it definitely keeps the edema down. I wish you all the best and I hope you get the phenomenal results you are looking for! Please feel free to ask me any questions!