Smart Lipo on Arms...can Tell Ill Be Smaller

So I am going this Saturday, November 15th, 2008...

So I am going this Saturday, November 15th, 2008 for SmartLipo on my arms (tricep area) also known as BatWings. I have done everything possible - dieting, exercise - you name it. I am not overweight although not stick skinny. I work out 5 to 6 days a week with cardio, weights and calestetics. So i have been told to start taking arnica Thursday and the antibiotics on Friday. They advised me to massage the areas after the soreness goes away due to some kind of tissue that forms (fiber tissue?) not always but happens and to massage it . I will update with pics and info on how the surgery/results end up.

11/16 DAY 2...ok so i woke up today and my entire...

11/16 DAY 2...ok so i woke up today and my entire LEFT arm from my armpit to my hand is swollen!!! My right arm is fine...of course there is pain...i can move around with a little whimpering here and there. Also last night my friend was kind enough to bring me ice cream !!! HOwever, maybe bbecause its dairy or maybe it just doesnt mix well with the antibiotics but i woke up at 3am and vomited it all up. So refrain from eating anything thats not light for the first couple of days.

ok so i put ice on my left arm and the swelling on my hand and forearm has subsided. MAKE SURE to ice your areas the first and second day. I am able to take the bandages off tomorrow. The pain is a little more than just a bad workout. Considering i work out everyday and have experienced alot of soreness in the past...I will update more later

11/17/08 - DAY 3....So i woke up this morning and...

11/17/08 - DAY 3....So i woke up this morning and was able to remove the ace bandages - no leaking. What made the pain worse was the tape/bandaids ripped my skin so those areas are very tender....I iced my arms last night and am still swollen but not as bad. I can see a slight difference but still have to wait it out. I am bruised very badly but dirving wasnt bad this morning to work - where i am now. It feels tight and very sore. I will update tonite with more photos

So its been 4 years since i had the surgery -...

So its been 4 years since i had the surgery - there are pluses and minuses to this and i am sure there have been advances to this technology. For example I heard Vaser is now the replacement of this which includes the skin tightening for after. I am very happy with my results but this is also part to me continuing to lead a healthy lifestyle - it is NOT a solution to being fat. If you are overweight and have been working out and eating healthy and have stubborn areas to get rid of ..then i suggest this for you. If you just dont want to work out and want a quick fix. It won't last. POsting updated photos.
New York Plastic Surgeon

So far so good - waiting on results

To answer your question about MY results, YES i am totally happy and would have done it again. You have to remember you MUST workout afterwards. Once you heal you cannot go back to eating everything and laying on the couch. I have continued my workouts and eating healthy. So the results are fabulous. One thing i will say is that my skin has change of color now in the temperature or when i work out...like it looks flushed sometimes. and the shape is a little off. Like my triceps when i flex look like drumsticks. So i would never do my legs for fear of messing up the natural shape of my legs. however my arms are AMMMMAZING...will post pics in a few minutes.
okay awesome thanks!
hi do you have recent after pics? :) are you happy with your results?
Hi there. To answer your question am I happy with my results the answer would be no. It was also a waste of money and no I didn't have improvement as I was told.

Just wanted to see how you're doing now. Did you get the results you were looking for?

Like RealSelf? Join us on Facebook
Hello, I think it will go away. One thing I though is I would lightly massage it every day if you can it helps it heal quicker also go to Vitamin Cottage or a vitamin store and get this stuff called Arnica it helps also they have a pill you take and then a gel you rub on your arms. This will also help the skin. Is the ball where one of the incisions was made or ?
Its been since december 15th so about over a month....no more lumps - i massaged every day and no more swelling.. i love the results.
OOO I just had it done and cannot wait to see the results!!!!!
Hi, How are the lumps and swelling?? I go on Thursday for my arms and a little worried about the lumps Thanks!!
Right now the skin seems tight...when i stretch it feels like its pulling, range of motion is very limited at first...today is day 17 adn its much better but i stretched and felt like it was ripping so its def smaller...I will try and post more photos tonite to update everyone! Very excited with the results tho- worth the pain and the money!
Hello, I was wondering how your skin is? Did it tighten up or is it loose? Thanks!
DAY 16 - I am still sore and a little bit bruised and swollen and the scar tissue is now appearing but im massaging these out...Overall you can TOTALLY see a difference. Well worth the money.
Thanks!
I loved sleekmed spa...they are very helpful ask for Voula she is AWESOME at explaining everything and everyone there has hasd something done so they can explain it. Today is day 9 - my arms are DEF smaller, still sore and now i am getting these hard spots and little hard lumps that i was warned about - so i was told to massage them and they will go away...they are painful tho!!! Day 9 results are def visible. Also still bruised a bit. I would def do it again if i was to look back ...I am no longer itching by the way and can do alot more than the first week. I did my cardio workouts in the gym for the first tim elast night
Thanks so much for comments and pictures. How did you like the MedSpa and your doctor? I live in NY and am onsidering smartlipo on my chin. Thanks
Make sure you take the arnica...Today is day 4 and im feeling pretty good. One thing: ITCHIG!!!!! Lol i am itching but its INSIDE!! and your skin may still be numb so just be careful...Make sure to ice everything, i feel great and totally see a difference.....im posting more photos now.
Thanks soo much for the photos of before and after with the bandages. I'm sorry you are sore but to be expected. I'm going this Sunday to have my chin, arms done and then December 6th to have my stomach, love handles and thighs done.
DAY 4- I can alreayd tell theres a difference and will post more photos tonite, theres LOTS of itching!!! and my skin is numb to the touch although i can feel inside the arm. still bruised but have been icing and putting hot packs everyday and taking arnica.