42 Year Old Male Lower Ab Smartlipo

I had smart lipo done on my lower abs on 8/22/10....

I had smart lipo done on my lower abs on 8/22/10. Pain was uncomfortable to none. Dr. did give me ativan prior to procedure. Pain started at home a few hours later, in hind sight I should have taken pain meds when I first started to feel pain, but I waited. Very little to no pain next day. It's monday 8/26/10 I'm back at work and have not talen any pain meds in two days. Before surgery, I could pinch an inch of fat just around my lower abs. This morning, even still swollen I can't pinch anything! I can't believe it! amasing so far! I was exercising 6 days aweek, heavy weights in Am and cardio at night, 600 crunches and I couldn't get rid of the roll of fat. I can't wait till all the swelling is gone.

Just posted my pre and post pics. Sorry they are...

Just posted my pre and post pics. Sorry they are from my cell. The post was taken the day after the procedure.

It's been 11 days since my procedure....

It's been 11 days since my procedure. incisions have gotten smaller and smaller to the point that when they are fully healed, they will probabley be undetectable. I have to say that I can't believe I waited to get this done! I still am excited to see that the total impact will be after 1 month. I should have a good indication at that point according to my Doctor. The pics I have here where taken only 1 day post so I will put new ones up when the month is over. Good luck to all of you in the same boat. Have to say the compression garmet is not fun when it's a 110 degrees in Arizona but it's bareable.

It's 2 weeks post procedure today and I have...

It's 2 weeks post procedure today and I have to say I'm happy again. The swelling is down and I have been in my routine of weight lift in AM and cardio (3 miles treadmill) in PM and my 600 crunches. Last night when I got home and took off my compression garmet I was shocked at home thin I looked from the side view....I haven't felt or looked like that since my twenties. I think the cardio at night is somehow helping with the swelling.

8/18/10 I went in for my 1 month follow up with...

8/18/10 I went in for my 1 month follow up with the Dr. It went well dr. thought healing process was going as planned although I "still have some swelling". I have to say that my stomache looks better and better each week. I had a few rough moments intially after the first few days when the swelling began but overall I'm very pleased with the results after only 1 month. I can't wait till 6 months if it already looks this good now. Why did I wait so long to do this?

It's been one year post op. The finally results...

It's been one year post op. The finally results have made me happy I did it. I will post one last pic of my current outcome. I have to say though...the recovery time is much longer then expected...with lots of ups and downs...just remember..you don't look great overnight..and I have had many episodes of swelling going up and down. I no longer where spanks and the swelling is gone.

Ok 3 years later!

I am very pleased after 3 years with the results. My stomache has been this flat since I was 18!. Lipo suction however is not the end all cure for fat deposits. No matter what the ad may say. You still have to exercise and eat right if you want a 6 pack.
Dr. Marge Butler

I did my homework...no complaints against her with board. She is a surgeon. But most importantly, she is caring and has the best bedside manner!

I have to say that in all honesty..I think smart lipo is marketed as a fast recovery..but in reality, it took me a whole year post surgery to see the final outcome....which I'm very happy with! the little bit of edema I had is completely gone now..and I can see my abs for the first time since I was 18! There have been lots of ups and downs after the surgery that I didn't think would happen, so for others out there have a "down"..it did get better for me and I'm so glad I did it...I just didn't think it would take a full year get where I wanted it to be.
I went with Dr, Marge Butler...her office is at Banner Desert Medical Center...She is a board cert. plastic surgeon and also specializes in lap band. I also had a consult with another dr. who wanted to do upper/lower, planks and back on me..which I only wanted my lower done...I didn't go with hime for that reason
Hey I'm looking for a good doctor to do the smart lipo and I wanted to know name of your doctor because you got very good results? Thanks
How are things going? Do you have any updated pictures? You look great in the ones you already posted.
sorry been on vacation. I've been very happy with the results, more so after 2months post surgery
As far as my swelling. The first shower I took the next day my ab skin was tight! I couldn't believe it. Now I notice that when I get home from work and take off the garmet for a few minutes, I look alittle swollen. I'm guessing it's related to being on my feet most of the day and if my garmet isn't tight enough...It is becoming hard to stretch the sucker enough! I wish you well and hope you can return too to jogging soon!
Yes, I did jog with my garmet on. I bought a second garmet that in keep in my gym bag to wear after I shower. I do want to disclose again though that I was very cautous about listen to my body for signs as I would have stopped. I also started on the eliptical machine first with the belief that it being no impact on my body. Prior to my procedure I had asked my dr. about returning to exercise and she did state "a week after surgery" which also included crunches. I thougth to myself "yeah, right". But it was true for me.
7/28/10 So My doctor said that I could start exercising a week after my procedure. Missing it or needed it as much as I do because of a stressfull job, I couldn't wait a week. So yesterday I did 20 minutes on the eliptical and jogged 1 mile on the treadmill with no pain or problems. I did listen to my body and would have stopped if I felt anything. Today I started back with my heavy weightlifting, again with no pain or problems. Tomorrow will be 1 week after the procedure. i have noticed that if I don't have my compression garmet tight enough, I tend to get more swelling.
I assume you jogged with your garment on? I've been wanting to run but i'm still uncomfortable.

Wow! Can't believe you were able to get back to exercising so soon. Did you find this affected your swelling at all?

Spoke with my doctors office yesterday just as a follow up. My question was "why haven't my open areas (I have two one below my abs, and one on the side) closed"? since it's been day 5. I was asked have you been using atibiotic ointment"? Yes, I replied. Opps, I guess tha's what has been keeping them from closing just as an FYI for others. I have to say, my incisons though look good, no reddness or draining...in fact my draining ended at around 9pm on the day of my surgery. Drained alot but only for a very short time. I took pics of before and after with my cell phone, I'll try and post them.