Bringing my Sexy Back at 40! - Skokie, IL

After YEARS of contemplating, deciding & changing...

After YEARS of contemplating, deciding & changing my mind, I'm going for it. 3 beautiful children by C -section, surgery from a medical condition & LIFE, transformed my 5 foot frame from 120 lbs to 180 lbs. no matter what I did, the belly had set up permanent residency. My self esteem was fine. My husband of 21 years tells me all the time how good I look & he makes sure I always feel sexy. But I was tired of camoflauging the belly and was ready to wear a snug jersey dress without my Spanx.

I'm laying in bed early the next morning after my procedure. The pain was intense, but not excruciating as I anticipated. I'm so glad I found this site! It's become my bible of preparation! I take my meds every 4 hours and I know that helps. My honey has been a trooper -taking care of me as he always does. I asked why he agreed to surgery if he didn't think I needed it. He looks at me incredulously & says, "you've been talking about this SO long - I couldn't take it anymore. This procedure can't make you any more beautiful than you already are." isn't he wonderful? I disagree, but boy, does he make low self esteem non-existence in our home.

Oops! I digress from my journey.....the worse part so far is getting situated in bed and the inability to clean after myself in restroom. That's where my honey steps in!

I have one drain & it's been draining pretty regularly. My follow up is later, so we will see how things are healing! Will post photos soon!

Day Two After Procedure

My recovery is still progressing well - other than these GAS PAINS!! I see a lot about 'Swell Hell' but my goodness- there is nothing like this pain. These pains are almost worse than post surgery pain!! I've talked to the nurse & now I'm taking a laxative. She said 'Take it until you go' so that's what I'm doing. I get up & walk every few hours and will continue to do so. Everyone says walking helps- so off I go!! I can't wait until my shower today - I'll get my first peak at the results :-)
Chicago Plastic Surgeon

The entire staff is WONDERFUL! Dr. Turowski took the time to answer ALL of my questions & concerns. He's upbeat, positive and even comical. I told him during our first visit that I referred to my tummy as my 'baby butt' because it's due to my children & when you squeeze it, it looks like a smooth baby's behind. He's referred to it as my 'front butt' ever since!! The office manager is a gem, not pushy & also willing to answer all questions. I visited several times before deciding & they just as nice from my first visit, even not knowing how I would decide. The surgical staff were so attentive and worked at calming my nerves on the day of surgery. After the surgery, as I lay imbed, who calls??? Dr. Turowski! He asked how I was feeling & wanted to check on me & see if I had any other questions. He truly made my day!

I just wanted to know how u were doing. What u have been doinh to combat swelling etc.
Welcome to the community.  Hang on and it will get easier as you continue to heal.  The first 7-10 days are the worst but you will turn a corner.

And please keep taking the laxatives.