35 Y/o Very Athletic 5'6 140lb

I have my first consult on Thursday and I am...

I have my first consult on Thursday and I am definitely wanting to go forward with the BA. I listed the procedure date and cost as what i desire/expect. Will update when I have confirmation on that.
I have read many reviews and conducted much research but am still very confused. My number one concern is my ability to be active post surgery (after the initial 6 week recovery). I am in to cross fit and weight training so i do a lot of pull ups, pushups, box jumps etc. I would like advice from other highly active women that have pursued BA or that are very informed on what is the best type/placement. I was thinking something along the lines of 300-350 cc saline submuscular. But now i am curious if i should go with silicone subgladular since i use my pectoral muscles so much. I am also in the military so my level of fitness is not optional. I do have allotted recovery time so that won't be an issue. I have breast fed 2 children so i basically have a musclular build with deflated 34B breast....
Any guidance/advice would be appreciated. I am expecting to learn much more at my consult but i know many of you have experience in this and i see the great support system that comes from this site.

Consult done

Had a great experience at consultation today. My PS confirmed everything i have researched. He agrees that 350cc submuscular is appropriate for me. I am still debating between the silicone and saline. Thoughts?? Can you really feel a big difference??
Surgery date is set for September 25th and any pre-op prep can happen over the phone apparently. Nice! Minimizes travel for me. I am definitely confident with my PS and he didn't seem rushed at all. Answered all my questions thoroughly and was very friendly.

5 days til b-day!!

Well I haven't really posted much on here but literally spend hours each day reading reviews. I am scheduled for 8am Thursday morning! I believe I have everything ready to go. Childcare lined up motel reserved, post op comfort items purchased. My biggest concern is rate of recovery. I plan to go back to single parenting on Sunday afternoon an back to work on Monday.. (Desk job). I plan to only take narcotic meds the first day and 1 day post op and try to control pain with ibuprofen after that... I will also need to drive Sunday... The plan is to go from small b to full C. Silicone sub muscular sub mammary incision.

Made it!

Made it! Wow. What a day ill update tomorrow and post some pics once I'm able to take my bandage off (noon tomorrow). I got high profile and is supposed to be 350-375 cc. They feel rock hard and tight. I'll be so glad to get the wrap off!

pics in bandages

24 hours later

It's been 24 hours since my surgery was over... Getting back the motel I was concerned right away because I was so out of it for a few hours and could barely move. Plainly the sedation hadn't worn off. I did not have general anesthesia, I had the sedation. Not a fan... But I guess it was ok. After a couple hours I felt great and watched Thursday night football last night. I take one hydro condone every 5 hours and 600mg of ibuprofen every 6 hours. My pain is very minimal. I will take a hydro condone at bedtime tonight but then will go to strictly ibuprofen. I am soooo relieved that recovery is much easier than I anticipated! I just took my wraps off and took a bath all by my self. I was able to shave, wash my hair and everything! I think the key is to not go heavy on narcotics. I'm pretty much only using them to help me sleep And to not be too active. I feel like I could go for a run right now ( with a very supportive bra of course. Haha) as far as sleeping.. It reminds me if being 9 months pregnant. It is just hard to move really so get comfy and plan on staying in a position for a while. My dr has no strictions on how I lay. I slept half the night on my back and half on my side. I'll post picks with my phone. They are definitely high and swollen it I think they will settle nicely and the incision is perfectly in the crease!! Yay!!!

pics of before and 1 day post op

Here are my pics of 1 day post op. Feeling great! Can't wait to go shopping!

Feeling great!

I'm exactly 48 hours post op and feel amazing. Still hanging at motel and bored out of my mind. I haven't had a narc since before bed last night and had 600mg ibuprofen at 0430 but nothing since then. Going to take some regular Tylenol soon and just alternate tylenol and ibuprofen from here on out. My recovery is going great and staying light on the heavy meds I think has helped a lot. I drove to walmart this morning to get some water Gatorade And of course had to try on some bras... Breasts are hard as rocks and oddly shaped so it was kind of pointless but I did buy a couple of the really soft cheap stretchy ones that I know will fit and are super comfy. I'll post a couple day 2 pics with my phone. I actually think I see a little change already. I can see how "patience" definitely becomes a challenge!

Day 2 pics

When does the swelling go down??!!

Okay, so I'm back home and back to regular life. I got the kids in bed and going back to work and normal routine in the morning. I feel great! Seriously! Aside from my boobs feeling like watermelons from the swelling I have no pain or discomfort at all! It is taking a lot to keep me off the treadmill and I am constantly reminding myself to slow down and relax. I'm used to being such a mover and a shaker!! This evening I fell victim to the closet and LOVED it!!! Tried so many things on and felt so good to not have to have a huge padded bra on!! Pics to follow....

Almost a week already!!

I can't believe a week ago I was packing up to go check into my motel! Post op definitely goes much quicker than I anticipated. I have been feeling so good. They are still noticeably new to me but I do have moments where I seriously forget that they aren't my natural ones! Speaking of that! I got the kids to bed last night, took the dog out, etc, carrying about my normal routine, brewed some tea and got in the tub. YA GOT IN THE TUB!! I was soaking for about a minute and then about freaked out!!!! Got out like a bolt of lightning and towel off my incision tape. Then blow dried it. I have been really carful about not letting the shower spray directly on it and everything and then I mindlessly submerge it!!! I am hoping and praying that it didn't cause damage or introduce too much bacteria. I just finished my course of antibiotics which I believe is used to inhibit the start of an infection. I have my post op tomorrow and tape will be taken off and sutures will be removed but ive kind of been panicking ever since. I have absolutely no signs of infection (swelling, redness, pain, drainage) so hoping im good to go. (someone can go ahead and chime in to put my mind at ease... ;)...)
Anyway, I haven't noticed a lot of dropping but when I go to my post op apt tomorrow I am supposed to get introduced to the dreaded breast strap and also start doing massages so that will help.
I'll take some pics tonight to post. I should do some comparing to earlier days anyway.

8 days post op

I had my one week post op appt yesterday!!! Things look great. I DO NOT need to wear the dreaded strap as things seem to be settling well on their own. I'm so glad for this as from what i've heard, the strap isn't very pleasant!
The dr showed me the massage techniques that i need to start doing 3 times a day. I don't see this as being any sort of issue as i am way on top of doing anything that will help them soften up!
I feel really good and have been sleeping really good. They still feel a bit tight but seem to be getting better and better.
I don't notice a whole lot of change with appearance. I'll post a couple pics from my phone in a bit. I need to take another side shot as they look quite small from the front. Pictures are quite deceiving. I think they are much bigger in person.
I have no boob greed at all. I think they are perfect size and if anything a little on the "too big" side but really i think they are perfect. I haven't tried on bras at all yet and am enjoying being braless and not eager to even get back in the bra world. The time will come though.
I was thinking i had stitches that needed to be removed but apparently not. At my appt dr said my tape should come off on its own some time in the next week and incisions should be good to go... I'm nervous to see what is under the tape. Incision area feels more tender than it has and im hoping that is just a normal process. I mentioned to dr that i submerged in bath water a couple days ago and he didn't seem concerned about infection at all and i don't see any redness or drainage around the tape area at all.
I hope everyone is doing well. Week 1 is over! Yay!! It is driving me crazy not doing my hard core workouts but i am doing a lot of walking and stretching so that is very good!

pics...

Day 11

Not much new to report. Will post updated pictures in a bit. I definitely notice more tenderness since starting the massages. I supposed from manipulating the muscle and tissues. I actually a significant amount of pain in the night for the first time ever. Hoping its all a normal part of the process. Took some ibuprofen and feel fine now. Will continue on with massages. I definitely think they are dropping a bit and the incision sites look great and perfectly in the crease! Yay!!
I have learned that if you look in the mirror long enough you will find a flaw (one dropping faster than the other, asymmetry, etc.) so I make sure to not just sit and stare and look for flaws. I'll be at the 2 week mark before i know it and continue to let the healing/recovery process work. I continue to walk as much as possible and also implement stretching but i can definitely be more diligent than i am. I definitely can't wait for the 6 week mark when i'm all systems go!!! Cannot wait to do full fledged workouts again. My chest still feels pretty tight but definitely softer than last week. I know what everyone means about needing to be patient. Luckily i have a lot going on this month to keep me preoccupied and busy.
Let me know if you have any recovery questions. Mine has gone quite smooth and no signs of hematoma or infection so that is good. Almost out of the woods with those risks so just waiting for them to soften as they should and pray for no CC.

pics from day 11

Time is Flying!!!

Wow! Time really gets away from you after the surgery is done. I took some pics on the 2 week mark i will post after this and i think i will have my hubby take the 3 week pics for me to post cause it does seem really difficult to take pics myself to show how they actually look.
Everything has been going pretty well. I notice this whole last week i have had quite a bit more discomfort like they are very sensitive. I have been doing more cardio and i think i use my pec muscles much more than i realize which contributes to the discomfort. I see it all as part of the process.
They are definitely getting more and more soft and as far as i see they are "dropping" nicely. The incisions also look very clean and nicely in the breast fold. I will take pics of that to post too.
I continue to do massages daily. I am very careful about my workouts but seriously cannot wait til the 6 week mark as i feel like a total load for not doing the workouts that im used to but i guess im doing something... I also havent made the best dietary choices so i just need to get back on track all together. pics to follow...

pics from 2 weeks post op

Pictures at 19 dpo

Update!

Ok, so, I hit the three week mark yesterday. As far as how i feel, every day gets better and better and breasts are getting more and more soft. I read so many reviews on here. I couldn't believe all the people that had boob greed and all the people that saw their breasts dropping at different rates (right vs left)... None of that made sense to me!... UNTIL THIS MORNING! I was getting out of the shower and my left side was notably lower than my right! Holy buckets! Now i see why people panic. They look so different (right vs left) and this literally happened over night!!! (trust me, i check myself out a lot!) I'm not going to panic cause i know its part of the process, thanks to the women that put reviews on here!!! ANOTHER THING... with the left one officially "dropped" it looks so much smaller now... Almost looks like it did before implants! Especially next to the right one that is still high and round.... Again, i'm not going to panic cause i know its a process and it didn't get smaller, it is just sitting different now. I wish i would have taken a pic but i was in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the morning. I will try to remember to take a pic this afternoon and post it... I am eager for the R to drop and match the left but im not going to stress it (for now).... They are feeling more and more like mine. I was really nervous that i would always "feel" them... You really don't!!! And i'm the type of person that has to wear my socks inside out cause the seem bothers me. I will also get some updated incision pics. Time just keeps going by. Still eager to hit 6 weeks to get back to weight lifting!!!

Almost 5 weeks!

I'm so sorry that i haven't been updating more often. Progress has been slow and steady. I think they are getting softer by the day and i would say they feel 95% completely mine at this point. I have my post-op on Thursday.
Seriously, my only gripe is how much i feel i have declined physically over the last almost 5 weeks. I was very athletic and relied heavily on weight training and HIIT to stay in the shape I was. I am currently 8 pounds heavier than surgery day and i can only attribute about 2 pounds of that to implants. I feel like such a load! A lot of it is fluid retention from being a bum... I am hoping at my appt dr will say i am good to go and let me get back to my intense workouts even though i know that will be a process in and of itself.... But seriously!!! Just to do 20 min of interval sprinting again would be awesome! I will post pics soon as i have to do that from my phone. Not sure that there is much change in the pics. They look a lot how they did before implants except full instead of saggy which is basically what i was looking for. Hope you are all doing well!!

Went to post op!

Had my post op yesterday and was exactly 5 weeks. He gave me the news I have been dying to hear>>> I can work out again! With no limitations. THANK GOD!!! I seriously never in a million years thought I could decline so much in 5 weeks. I slacked on my diet and really could have done more walking but I am so dependent on weight training that I ended up losing so much muscle and just feel a disgusting load (with great boobs of course). I just need to continue massages and be more vigorous about it. They can still stand to come down a little more and massaging inward as my pecs are pretty developed which causes the implant to push out a little. He also recommended underwire bras to assist pushing them in.
Of course I had to try chin ups and push ups when I got home. Holy hell! Push ups weren't bad but when I went to do a chin the scar tissue under the breast was screaming! it even hurt for a while after so I learned first hand that this will definitely be a process and I need to respect and listen to my body! I don't notice any real changes in appearance so i'll post pic updates if/when I notice any changes.
Sioux Falls Plastic Surgeon

I have experience with Dr. Millar regarding another procedure i pursued and have had good luck with him. He and his staff are highly professional and easy to talk to. He has an extreme wealth of knowledge and experience. I expect great things from our consult.