Breast Reconstruction After Bi-lateral Double Mastectomy - Sioux City, IA

I had a bi-lateral double mastectomy in January...

I had a bi-lateral double mastectomy in January 2013 after a diagnosis of DCIS. Initial reconstruction was done along with the double mastectomy with the placement of tissue expanders. I had a latissimus doris flap surgery with implants in June 2013. Dr. Gallego was always very professional and informative. I was apprehensive of the 2nd surgery. He talked me through it and explained thoroughly why I needed that surgery instead of the more simple implant surgery because of the damage to my tissue from radiation treatment. I had several follow-up appointments and nipple tattooing. He was always willing to talk to me and address any concerns I had. He made this entire stressful situation much easier to deal with.

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your journey with us!

I'm so glad everything went well for you. So, the expanders were in place for the full 5 months between the mastectomy and the implant surgery in June?
Yuba City Plastic Surgeon

I would strongly recommend Dr. Gallego to anyone. He is friendly, personable, confident, and genuinely cares for his patients. He is not your typical doctor...all in a very good way!