Sagging Skin 6 Weeks Post Lower Blepharoplasty - Singapore

I am 6 weeks post lower bleph and I have to say I...

I am 6 weeks post lower bleph and I have to say I see no improvement, if anything I feel I look worse. My concern pre-op was under eye puffiness which was causing my eye skin to stretch and sag. I saw 2 dermatologists and both said bleph was the only way to go and recommended the same plastic surgeon, who I saw and he seemed sure he could help rectify the sagging skin problem, but warned my skin would not look perfect. I understood this but now 6 weeks on after much mental anguish the sagging skin still remains and is now actually worse on the left than before the op. I now wonder if this was the right thing for me, having researched and come across a condition 'festoons' which from what I've read this op makes the under eye puffiness and swelling worse. My surgeon just told me to be patient, I didn't express to him how concerned I am as I'm in Asia and it is the height of bad manners to disagree with a doc and he's a nice man so I don't want to offend but surely the eye skin can't recover, if it had the potential then I wouldn't have had a problem in the first place, right?? I also have a hard lump on my left cheekbone that the doctor said is a blood clot, it's not going away which makes my left eye look worse. I feel this nightmare will never end.

you are beautiful sweetheart xx
hi .. how are you now ? are they fixed ?
Anyone...in...the...ST.Louis..MO..area...to.contact....Dr.Holds..on..Manchester..Rd..in.........Depere..MO...(St.Louis.Area)..I..had..upper....and.large.."bags"that..I..could..see..when..I...looked.......forward....How..bad..is..that?..Just..a..constant..reminder..of..how..bad...I...looked!......I...did..have...a..long...recovery..for..the...two..separate...surgeries....but..I..am..a..happy....camper..and..love..the..Dr...and..the...staff............DonnaRae
Dr. Scheiner in Tampa Florida is the one who can help. My eyes looked just like yours. I had to stay there 11 days (I live in Chicago). The healing routine is grueling but he will fix you. I saw him on dr. Oz and he seemed like the first person who understood my problem - and they have a name 'festoons'. It was 10k but people come from all over the world because he is the man.
Hi Moonkat,

I'm sorry to hear about your disappointing experience... My advice is not to go back to the same doctor and find a different doctor instead - one who specializes in eye surgery. You could at least get that doctor's unbiased opinion, even if you don't want to go through another surgery. Don't lose hope... even if this does turn out to be a botched job, you still look very pretty, and remember there are some really talented plastic surgeons out there who can help you. Good luck to you!

Bekah
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the late reply, I've been away but I read your messages and they have really helped, thanks so much for posting and reaching out to me.

I'm coming to accept my face more, I guess I just really hoped I'd feel confident enough not to hide behind glasses after the op, I feel like my eyes are behind bars. But it hasn't worked out like that and I just have to move on.

I too have decided to see someone to help me through this, I just hope that doesn't end badly like this whole charade. It wasn't until I started to seek help for my bags that I started to have a real complex, the way dematologists and PS talked about my face was really upsetting. Thanks so much for your advice JessieR, I'm so glad to hear you are getting better.

I'm seeing my PS for a follow up next week, I don't know what I expect but hopefully he'll have something good to say, like I can get rid of the blood clot and that horrible lump under your left eye will be gone soon...probably not but I live in hope.

Warmest regards to you all,
Moonkat
Dear Moonkat,

My heart goes out to you. I can definitely relate to the "mental anguish" and thinking "this nightmare will never end".

I had lower bleph three months ago and have been struggling ever since. My story is "Sunken Right Eye After Lower Transconjunctival Blepharoplasty - Northern California".

I have the opposite outcome from you - my eyes are now too hollow and sunken. Too bad we can't swap some of your puffiness for some of my hollowness ;)

I need to say, you are a beautiful girl. The surgery hasn't changed that. It turns out that other people - friends, family, co-workers - were NEVER as concerned about our puffy eyes as we were. They still aren't. However, knowing that doesn't automatically change the pain and panic we are feeling. Hopefully it can provide you with a little comfort though.

It really hit me hard when I saw the change in my eyes after surgery. It was NOT the change I was expecting or wanting. I felt like I had ruined my pretty face. I had to reach out for urgent mental health help. I now take anxiety medicine and am working with a therapist.

If ever you are feeling desperate and overwhelmed PLEASE go to a hospital and get help if you need to.

The last three months have been the most difficult of my life. But I have found a lot of support through RealSelf. Please know that you are not alone and there are a lot of us going through the same thing. I have been assured from some of my new RealSelf friends that it will get better - mentally, emotionally, and physically.

My thoughts are with you. Please reach out whenever you need support.

Best wishes,
JessieR
I have had top & bottom blems and they told me it would take a month to look normal again, I am now 9 months down the line and I still have days of puffiness. I have since found out that it will be a year before I will see the true result, but to just put you at a little ease, it does get better and slowly you will see a good result. The hard lump/blood clot, you must massage it 2 or 3 times a day with a good tissue oil, it will disappear gradually. Be patient and massage as much as you can. Good Luck.

Moonkat, I am sorry to hear you are going through such anguish, I do understand how it feels to wake up every morning not seeing the results you expected.  I had eye surgery and it took so much longer than I had anticipated to heal.  And it's hard to see the change because it takes so long and it's so dam subtle every week.  It took me months and I still wake up puffier than pre op now, over a year post op!  They are much more sensitive to things like if you drink to much alcohol or consume too much salt, I can tell they are affected.  I am not sure about the clots and stuff, just make sure you see your dr a lot and the communication is constant so you know your health is not in jeopardy first.  It is the hardest thing to be patient but that is really all you can do, it's a slow process.  Maybe after you heal up some more you can see what your dr can do like laser resurfacing to tighten the skin.  Do you have an incision on the outside or did he go through the inner lid?  I do wish you the best of luck!