Recently Developed Melasma - Day 1 - Singapore

I just turned 40. Single. Childless. I have...

I just turned 40. Single. Childless.

I have recently developed melasma on my right cheek. I suspect that it could be due to the oral contraceptive pills that I started a year ago.

After some research, I have decided to go for Cosmelan. Even though it is costly, but the reviews from here and friends made up my mind.

Visited the doc this evening at 7pm. Did the usual and was instructed to leave the mask on for at least 8hrs or longer if I wanted. It was painless, maybe a bit go tingling sensation after an hour.

Just removed C1 mask after 8 hours. Decided not to leave it on longer.

Face appears red especially around cheeks area as doc applied thicker coat on it.

Skin feels tight and dry.

Since its 4am, decided to wait till tomorrow to apply C2.

Will update again in another 12 hours.

I AM getting it done this Thursday the 23rd. Did it work for u? I will be spending a thousand us dollars too.

I hope the treatment works well for you. Please keep us updated.

Apologize for not updating earlier. Am not very...

Apologize for not updating earlier. Am not very satisfied with the result. I was just told by another friend that Cosmelan should be followed with laser treatment for best results.

It has been over a month since I had the Cosmelan done.

I keep having rashes and redness on my cheeks since day 3. Had to stop Cos 2 a few days to wait out the rashes.

Will update again if there's any sign of improvement.

Hi blessed one... I'm sorry that ur treatment didnt work.. I had cosmalen a week ago. I still have redness and my skin looks burnt! there is peeling but not as much az day 3-5. I still can't go out in public aa I look deformed! did this happen to u? when do u get back to normal? thank u
Hi Raya, i started going out from Day 4 with flaky skin.. Skin looked red for a few weeks. I have reduced the frequency of C2 as I think my skin doesn't like it as it causes patches of rashes on one cheek. Maybe you would like to reduce C2 usage for now?
Hi blessed one.. I'm using the c2 once at night since day 4. Now my skin looks like its burnt, dark/purpulish and red. Its day 7 now.

Google search