Permalip - Silverdale, WA

So far so good, I'm 11 days post op permalip 4mm...

So far so good, I'm 11 days post op permalip 4mm implant in upper lip only.
I was soooooooo swollen not just around my mouth, but around my cheeks, nose and jaw, I looked like I had jowls, I've seen pictures on here that do no justice to how swollen I was, I couldn't talk properly for a week,or open my mouth, brush my teeth, eat properly, at day 10 I started to have more movement and at day 11 I'm almost back to normal, can smile, eat,laugh,talk,although things do feel a little restricted. I think once I start the exercises things will be good. At Day 6 I popped a suture in the corner of my lip which has left a small hole and ball of tissue inside the corner of my mouth that hopefully resolves as I continue to heal.
My sutures have dissolved now, so I will start the lip stretching with the okay of my surgeon in a couple of days.
The swelling has resolved with symmetry. I bruised a lot, but I'm a bruiser. The fullness is quite subtle, I hope it doesn't go down to much more. It does feel hard from the inside when I touch it.
I will update with more info as I go.

2 weeks post op

Loving the look. Will start stretching exercises today. Slight bruising still, easy to cover with make up. Can't pucker, can't make duck face, but other than that can make all my usual expressions. Implant is symmetrical at this point. 4mm size is nice and looks natural but if it gets smaller, would consider 5mm.

5 weeks post op

I'm fairly happy with the results, the 4mm implant in upper lip only, has provided more augmentation than I expected, it hasn't gone unnoticed, I like the look, other than it still looking a little unnatural and ducky, not sure if its because my mouth movements are still abit stiff but people seem to see that something is a little off, also looks unnatural when I'm eating. The ball of tissue where my suture popped has completely healed, seems the implant has maintained its symmetry.

Upsized to 5mm top lip

I had the 4mm permalip removed and replaced with the 5mm. I swelled up so much during the procedure that it was hard to feel the ends and tell if it was symmetrical. This was a little nerve racking. Dr Henderson was as helpful as possible and scheduled an appointment for 3 days later, but I was still very swollen and the ends couldn't be felt. I went in after 6 days to check if it was centred and to our relief, the ends could be felt and Dr Henderson was confident it was centred. By about 1 week most of the swelling had subsided, I bruised abit in the mustache area. Its been almost 2 weeks now. There is some residual swelling that will probably last a month or two from my last experience, but its not as tight the second time around. I can pucker and move my lips much more naturally, I think because the tunnel is already there from the initial procedure. I think it will be the right amount of fullness. 5mm top lip only.

Had to revise but all good now

About a month after the procedure. It was obvious it was not centred. I returned and had the implant placed again. The swelling was not as bad this time. Its been several months now and the revision was a success. It is symmetrical and I'm happy with the 5mm size.
Silverdale Facial Plastic Surgeon