Facelift and Lower eyes, 53 yrs And the Winner is Sydney -Australia

Like some that are unhappy with an area/part of...

Like some that are unhappy with an area/part of their body, too big, too lumpy, too flabby, too small etc, we go on a roller coaster ride of, will I, shall I, no I better not, yes I will, no I won't, I'm scared, no I'll be brave.
Well for me it's a FaceLift i'm having done, those saggy jowls arghhh I have finally booked my surgery in Sydney, I live in Brisbane so it means I will be staying in a hotel for about 12 nights.
I have been thinking about doing this for a couple of years now and in the last 12 months I have been doing loads of research. I was going to Thailand to have it done, then I was going to Mexico, then USA and even thought seriously, very seriously about Malaysia. I had made enquires and was so ready for Thailand it wasn't funny.
I saw a highly qualified Dr up here in Brisbane that was actually recommended to me by a lady that had had a FaceLift so was able to see the results which were excellent but still I kept searching.
My searching led me to Dr Warwick Nettle, I had to wait a full 6 months just to have a consultation with him but that gave me plenty of time to research him. I truly believe that I have chosen the right Dr and even though going oversea's or having the surgery here in my home state would of been cheaper for me I want exceptional results and I know I will get them with Dr Nettle.
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Hello Sch53, I am so glad to hear about another Brisbane patient! I saw Dr Nettle today, and am scheduled for December 20 (face life, nose, neck). I will also have to stay in Sydney for 12 days or so. I am now going thru the yes, no, etc. Worried about scarring etc. The cost is rather more than I thought, bu that is not the real issue. I sort of wish it was just over with! I wish you well, and I hope that you will continue to post about your transformation.
sch53 I can so relate to your review; the constant changing of our minds and I still might, but then again I will never feel good about my face either and jowls are just not an option!! All of us over a certain age, usually over 50 all have the same issues with our faces. We feel the same urgency as you. :)
Sch, you are beautiful before your surgery. I am 2 months post and doing well. I'm 65 and wished I had the surgery earlier. Sydney is a beautiful city. My husband and I visited there many years ago. Stayed at a hotel where from our room we looked out at a bay. Around the corner, were many shopping stores...especially, a nice grocery store. Time will fly, and your surgery date will be here. This site has been extremely helpful. Keep us posted. Lilygirl24
Thanks lilygirl for the complement, I wanted to take the most honest looking photos of me with no make up on and probably a little tired. Although hard to post, as they are certainly not flattering by any standard they are an indication of how I hate my jowls. Agree Sydney is a beautiful city and Im looking forward to my surgery a lot. I will post pics from start to finish as it is so helpful to others that are contemplating a Facelift. xx
K.K you r also n inspiration ur positivness n attitude n always looking forward to the end product with sass how r u doing??
Good Luck, looking forward to your journey
Just read your hopes n dreams its a long way off but will be on you pretty quick 8 more weeks for me n a bit im nervous im depending on my realself family
Well I'll be definitely here and encouraging you all the way. I'm sure it will all go smoothly for you but agree it does give your some trepidation x
Exciting!!!!
I know it's along way off but, hope all you lovely ladies stick with me and hold my hand xx
We most certainly will :-)
Well done Sanda40, being comfortable & confident with your PS is absolutely critical. Looking at your face can easily see that with a good surgeon you will have exceptional results. :-)
Lets hope, Fingers crossed for a good result!
It will be fine - just have to be prepared for the recovery time :-)
It sounds like you've really done your due diligence on finding your surgeon, which is GREAT! I hope you'll keep us posted throughout your process. Here's a quick video about what the recovery time is like for a facelift.