My Progression - Naas Yancey

Dec 21, 2011 - Ive had my trays for about 3 days...

Dec 21, 2011 - Ive had my trays for about 3 days now (Dec. 19, 2011 *my birthday*) lol. They took a LONG time to come in. Supposedly that's normal for getting started. I feel a little discomfort while wearing them, but nothing unbearable. Eating is still awkward, due to the attachments that are bonded to your teeth, but I am sure I will get use to them like anything.

Jan 17, 2012 - I am going into week 5 of 34. I am...

Jan 17, 2012 - I am going into week 5 of 34. I am currently on tray set 3 of 17 and at this stage of my progression I am noticing slight changes in the spacing of my teeth, which is a good thing.

Feb 14, 2012 - I am going into week 9 of 34. I am...

Feb 14, 2012 - I am going into week 9 of 34. I am currently on tray set 5 of 17 and at this stage of my progression I am noticing a LOT of shifting and movement. Some movement I am unsure about (see video number five for details). Also, I slacked off quite a bit with my 4th set, so this 5th set is odee tight... as expected. I am still very happy with my choice and looking forward to my continued progression.

Feb 28, 2012 - Just put on set 6 of 17 (which is...

Feb 28, 2012 - Just put on set 6 of 17 (which is week 11 of 36). Since my last update I have been actively keeping to the 22+ hours a day recommendation for wearing my aligners. Hopefully I can keep with it, but it is definitely not easy.

***SIDE NOTE*** "My Was it Worth It" seems to...

***SIDE NOTE***
"My Was it Worth It" seems to show thumbs down... and that is simply not true. I am undecided, and will likely remain undecided until the end of my treatment.

Mar 16, 2012 - On my 7th set out of 17 and for the...

Mar 16, 2012 - On my 7th set out of 17 and for the first time I can honestly say that I am noticing a difference with my front gap... and im not even at the halfway point. lol I have upgraded my "Was it worth it?" from 'Undecided' to 'Worth It"... because I now believe this process overall is indeed worth it. Hopefully my decision remains positive throughout the 2nd half of my progression. I am definitely looking forward to my future progression in the 2nd half of my treatment.

May 27, 2012 - For the first time I can CLEARLY...

May 27, 2012 - For the first time I can CLEARLY see the major progress with completely boosted my confidence when I smile. #WINNING!!! lol My gap is the middle of my two front top teeth is all but fully closed. These next ten weeks should definitely see the end of that gap ...FOR GOOD!!! lol

Aug 15, 2012 - Today I am OFFICIALLY Invisalign...

Aug 15, 2012 - Today I am OFFICIALLY Invisalign FREE!!!! I am 1,000,000,000,000,000% satisfied with my treatment. I have added pictures to show the final product. As I mentioned in a FEW videos I have opted to go with the permanent bonding instead of retainers (also pictured)...
Dr. Daniel Bills

Innovative Orthodontics is one of the most people friendly places I have ever been to. They greet you by your name every time you walk through those doors... even on your 1st visit.

Amazing... you have convinced me to get invisalign for myself!!

I just got my invisalign in 4 hours ago. I'm excited and curious so I looked up videos and saw yours. Your teeth look amazing-- congrats! When I took my trays out to eat lunch today I felt like I would be pulling out all my teeth with them. These things are tight!! 18months to go...whoa.
Wow congrats... I am sure your invisalign treatment will go well for you. Also, thanks for watching the videos too! If I can help you with anything, just let me know!

Naas - you are COMPLETELY done?!!! Woohoo!!! Congrats!! Your teeth look amazing! :)

I would have thought you would have had full retainers for a little bit, so if you think about it, I'd love it if you would update us in a few months & let us know if things have stayed in place just fine, or if you have seen any shifting.

Enjoy your tray free-ness!

YES, Megan... I AM COMPLETELY DONE!!! lol I will update in 3 months... as thats when I go back to my orthodontist for a "check up". But I am ALREADY not feeling these permanent bonding things... but there will be more videos between now & 3 months from now.

Oh no, I would have thought you would have liked the bonded retainers. Are they just a pain to eat with & to try to floss around, or what?

Flossing with this bonded retainer is practically impossible... It is SO MUCH work to floss with it... even with the little floss threader (which is pointless btw)

I am really not happy with it at all. But I will try my hardest to make it to the 3 month mark before I ask my orthodontist to remove it and just go with the clear retainers.

Yeah, I can see how flossing could be a pain. The people who make the Sonicare toothbrush recently came out with a flosser thing that is suppose to work really well. I haven't tried it, but maybe ask your ortho if using that is a possibility instead of fighting with the floss?

Thank you for all the videos and commentary! I watched a few videos before getting my first tray, and you've made me feel much more prepared.
Hey,
I am glad to see that the videos helped you out. THANK YOU for watching them. How is your treatment going so far?
The gap is closing much faster than expected. I'm pretty happy with the results so far.
That's Good!!!
I just put my 3rd set of aligners in and my ortho just put on attachments. Did you have to have attachments?

Btw...you have a fantastic smile :)
I have 6-7 attachments attachments scattered on my top and bottom teeth. How is your treatment going?

Also thanks for the compliment!!

Very good to hear that you can see a dramatic difference to the size of your gap.

Yeah, I can understand why you would be hesitant to do the bonded retainers, but they really are a great way to go. Is he considering putting a tiny one on your upper teeth since you started with a diastema? They aren't super common, but not a bad idea to make sure those front teeth don't split again.

Yes Megan, he is considering the the bonded retainer for my upper teeth. Ive had some time to process it and now I actually am ok with it and kinda look forward to it.

Woohoo for almost being at the halfway point!!! Also glad to hear your transition to this new set was easier - keep up the good wear!! :)

Thanks for sharing your tray switch over routine - and thanks for the shout out in your video! :)

Glad things are continuing to go well for you!!

No problem... I love this site! And I definitely thank you for linking that discussion, it really did open my eyes to making sure I wear my trays for the 22 hours.

Since you mentioned you were concerned about the rate at which your space between your upper teeth is closing, I thought I would ask if you know if a Frenectomy is part of your treatment plan? If you're not familiar with that procedure (it sounds way worse than it is) the doctor basically just snips the little piece of skin that runs from your upper lip to your gums. From what I have been told that can help to make sure the gap doesn't re-open after treatment is done. Sometimes they will put a little bonded retainer behind those two front teeth as well if the teeth are really stubborn about wanting to open back up. Personally, if it were my teeth & I was going through the hassle of treatment I'd want to take every precaution to make sure it stayed closed but of course others feel differently sometimes.

Oh...and although this Q&A (click here) doesn't specifically talk about not wearing your trays the full 22 hours, the doctors answers still give some good info on why getting the full 22 hours for 2 weeks is so important - don't want to end up tipping just the crown of the tooth & not have the root where it is suppose to be!

Wow, I just went full on dental nerd on you - sorry about that, haha!

Always love watching your videos! Thanks for pointing out that Invisalign won't work for every case and that visiting an orthodontist is important for people to figure out if they are a candidate or not...and on to the fun stuff - congrats on the almost engagement!! That is very exciting!! Fingers crossed you get the answer you want come that moment! :D

Thanks Megan. lol I am sure I will get the desired answer, since we have already started planning the wedding. lol

What?! Then you are behind boy - get down on your knee & ask the question!! (Sorry, but we girls gotta stick together.)

I know... I know... lol I am totally slacking, but as soon as the ring is made is as soon as it will be on her finger. lol