Best Friend and I Just Finished 2/3 Ipl Treatments for Cystic Acne Scars and Pits - Shreveport, LA

So...my bf and I both have major scarring from...

So...my bf and I both have major scarring from cystic acne. I still have cystic acne, my bf took acutane and is acne free. The treatment took approx 1 Hr and felt like getting a zapping tattoo. After about 5 min into it I felt the extreme heat. My driving gave me a special cooling instrument, it was a metal cooling roller. It def helped. Following the procedure we both felt sun burned for about 2-3 hours after, however we live in Louisiana and it is may-june time frame! Day 2 we were warned may bring some swelling and readiness. We were instructed to use phisoderm to gently wash and only light oil free sunscreen and lotion. I woke up w no swelling but some red blotchy spots. My bf woke up w a swollen eye! I am really particular w my skin care regimine and having oily skin I use only oil free everything. I also w ear make up where my bf doesn't. It helped me, I think.

Anyhow, day 3 brought about the grid lines and leathery skin. Really weird!! By day 5 the peeling began. By week 2 most of the grid marks (dark spots.....but not extreme as I see here) we waited almost 3 weeks b4 next treatment. This go round I noticed much less burning and heat but the zapping was stronger. Heat and burn feeling only lasted 1 hour and I was back to work w normal make up within 2 hours. Process quickened this time. Its day 3 and I'm already in the leathery peely stage. So far so good. I'm on antibiotics for break outs although I have still gotten a few. Scarring is def getting lighter. Still there though, and as far a wrinkle reduction......yeah not so far. Pores r a lil smaller but not yet drastic. We were told by the 3rd ipl that we would have 90% results and we would follow w a chem peel. So far so good. My bf is heeling fine and so am i. She has slightly more sensitive ski. Than I do. Perhaps we r lucky and our Dr is good at this. I had no idea that this could do what it has done to some of u. Omg I am so sorry, I can't fathom the joy of doing something life changing like this for all the right reasons, only to have it make this gs horribly worse. I wish the best for all of you. I personnaly give this the go ahead. We will report after the final treatment. Good luck to u all, and may we all find our perfection or as close to it as we can be.

wall center in shreveport

Clean and relaxing atmosphere, knowledgable and friendly staff, private treatment area, quick and accurate treatment and follow up care. Happy with results thus far

That is great that things are going so well for you. Would love it if you would continue to keep us updated as to what changes you are seeing in your skin & how things are going overall. Very curious to hear what affect it has on your acne!!