I Am Still Recovering but Everything Looks GREAT! – Sherwood, OR

Hello! I turned 35 years old 3 days before my...

Hello! I turned 35 years old 3 days before my procedure. I also got my first degree in June so this was a graduation/birthday present from my husband! Yay hubby! I have 4 kids (ages: 11 1/2, 9 ,8 and 3 1/2). As you can see by the ages, my middle children are close in age. N is 18 months younger than G. and I think this is what caused my distastes in my abdominal muscles. Before they could finish going back together I was beginning to show with my son. A boy that was 9 lbs 2 oz at 3 weeks EARLY!
I am DONE with having kids and was left with a large gap between my ab muscles and a lot of extra skin. No amount of ab workouts would ever fix this. I permanently looked 4-6 months pregnant!

I live in Oregon and we chose Dr. Meegan Gruber to be my PS. She is GREAT!

2 days pre op I had to go on a clear liquid diet.

I had my surgery in the hospital and stayed the night. Dr Gruber put in 2 drains and the Q-pump.

I was wonderful to spend that first night in the hospital where nurses could do everything for me for the first day.

The next afternoon I went home.

My first po appt was 6 days after the surgery. The next one is 2 weeks after that.

My biggest advice is to make sure that you get the breathing exercise device to make sure that your lungs don't partially collapse like mine did a week PO. I ended up in the Er a week and a half PO worried about a possible clot in my lung. Nope, just partially collapsed lungs from not taking deep enough breaths and being mostly sedentary for a week for recovery from the TT.

The swelling is minimal, the scars are healing and don't look too freakish. I am still on pain meds but I am a wimp and have a high tolerance to all meds (antibiotics, OTC pain relievers, etc). So far no Seroma and I am excited to wear a bikini this November when we go to FL for Thanksgiving!
Portland Plastic Surgeon

Dr Gruber is wonderful! She is friendly, professional and easy to talk to. She is very knowledgeable. My overall experience so far has been wonderful. She is a soothing person to be around and has an excellent bedside manner. She does amazing work. She cares about the patient before the bottom line and won't recommend unnecessary procedures if the patient doesn't really need it. I would definitely recommend that anyone in the area go to her!

Hi Mamaduckyof4! Thanks for posting! I have my very first appointment with your doc in 2 weeks and I'm very excited - glad to hear that you would recommend her!
Glad your doing well. There can be little hills and valleys thru the po period, but keeping your eye on the big picture helps us get thru that.
I know this sounds weird but I did not take any personal before pics...my PS did and I am sure she will give me copies , so I won't be able to post before pics right now. I will post 3 week PO pics this week.
It doesn't sound weird at all. I didn't take any before pics. I hated my belly. I didn't like the doc taking photos even, but I guess comparing will be cool. I'm just glad to be post op and moving forward.
Congrats... Welcome to the flatside
Would love to see before and after pics! I'm in Oregon too. I'm looking for TT, lipo of hips, flanks and bra roll, breast Reduction and possibly bbl. thanks for sharing.
Congrats!!!

Thank you for sharing and starting your review with us:)