Restylane Ruined my Life - Sherman Oaks, CA

I got Restylane to plump lips and have EXTREME...

I got Restylane to plump lips and have EXTREME fatigue for the last 2 years. My life has changed DRASTICALLY for the worse. I can barely work part time and the "full life" I used to live is GONE - replaced by "just barely surviving" every day. I can't get to the grocery store after work, and even if I could, i can't then prepare a meal. Too tired. I WAS a happy, vibrant, highly productive person before Restylane. And this ISN'T depression - I've been depressed.

I had a systemic reaction to Dysport right in the Derm's office. Horrible! Nausea, passed out, skin turned red head to toe, sweating. Pulse slowed to a dangerous number. Doctor held my legs up in the air by the ankles to force the blood back towards my head. I did recover but have had fatigue ever since, almost a year now. All this on 10 units at the top of my nose. Don't underestimate the danger of these injectables!! No more for me!!! I'm lucky to be alive.
Hi Bella Marie,
Thanks for your words. I was 36 at the time. I was healthy, not on any other medications at the time of the injections. The Dr that injected me - I didn't go back to them because I knew they wouldn't/couldn't do anything. It was a girl (RN? or something) at the "medi-spa" that injected me - not a doctor. AND i knew they'd just be defensive like the experience of others who have gone back to the injecting Dr - in posts I've read here on Real Self.

As for Medical doctors, two have diagnosed me with Chronic Fatigue and adrenal insufficiency. I'm taking MANY things to deal with symptoms while also taking supplements to support my body to hopefully help it heal.

I just received an "Adverse Event Report" from the FDA about Dysport. Out of 595 individual "safety reports" from 11/1/1997 to 4/6/2012, there have been 14 "Death Outcomes", 63 people report Fatigue, 12 people report "activities of daily living are impaired" - a total of 2,921 adverse reactions in all. The report is a 12 page LIST of medical terms for the symptoms - 50 symptoms per page - followed by the number of people having those symptoms. CLEARLY the little flyer with "possible side effects" doesn't cover all the ACTUAL possible side effects.

I'm going to try to post directions on how to report adverse reactions to the FDA as well as a PDF of the Adverse Reaction Report on Dysport.

It would be interesting to know how many people total received Restylane in that time frame. That way we could take into account the percentage of people who reported no problems to those who did report problems.

Someone on this forum suggested that my illness...

Someone on this forum suggested that my illness may be from DYSPORT because others here have reported being very sick after Dysport injections. After reading their stories, I'd say it was the Dysport that has made me sick since I have many of the same symptoms.

Everybody with restylane. Please get the b. nr of your injections so we all can get profe (sp) to the makers of restylane ( Q med Uppsala) Otherwise they dont believe us. And we all can go together in an action against this company who promote restylane as fully naturell. Ray4 save the biopsi document about the foreign material. Save everything otherwise they do not belive us. I have my journal and Q med has a report on me. We can sue if we are many!!!
6 years ??? Scary. Where did you get it injected? And how did they performed surgery? Thanks for your answer.
Hi, I have the same symtoms as shezian, ear buzzing, sinuses, fatigue, and it sometimes comes when I am not in my best, which is not often now that i have restalyn some 6 years back. I did nit realise after reading this forum. I tried hyaluroniase and I don think it worked for me because it could be too late as there are 3 lumps that formed around the injected area and now it is also cover with the body natural fibrous fat or something. I had one of these cyst removed last year and did a biopsy and confirmed that it is a foreign matter, which in this case is restalyn. I am living with the other 2 small lumps and not sure how I can get rid of it without another surgery, which may leave a scar. I just want to get back my immune to 100% . How? I am in Singapore and none of the docters seem to know how to deal with this .

I've been sick for over 2 years now. I wanted to...

I've been sick for over 2 years now. I wanted to post what has been helping me to SLOWLY get better. Since January 2012, I've been seeing a nutritionist who does hair mineral analysis. They take a small sample of your hair and see what your body is missing, or they can see if you have toxic levels of heavy metals, etc. Nikki has me on every supplement that my hair tests say I'm missing. She has me on other supplements to help me detox and remove heavy metals, etc.

She's based in Los Angeles, but can treat anyone remotely. So far it's the LEAST expensive thing I've done that is working. All the other medications my "real" (ie Western) Doctor had me on were so expensive and didn't help me.

Nikki's program treats the underlying causes and not just the symptoms. I found it fascinating when she said "The body will heal what IT wants to heal in the order IT wants to heal." Which means the SYMPTOMS that I dislike aren't necessarily the first thing my body will heal when given the right "tools" (nutrients/supplements). I feel like I'm helping my body heal from the inside out. Hopefully this is long lasting, deep healing.

Nikki Moses at Moses Nutrition:
www.mosesnutrition.com

Nikki trained under Dr. Lawrence Wilson, M.D. His website has a TON of information if you want to check it out. www.drlwilson.com
Nikki also has articles by him on her website here: http://mosesnutrition.com/More_Info___Articles_LNTR.html

Wishing everyone perfect health!
Is there still a class action?
Hello, I had a similar experience, except mine was brought on by doing the master cleanse. Have you looked into chronic fatigue and celiacs? Celiacs is linked to the auto immune system, it might not be that the restalyne caused it, more that it put your immune system into high gear bc it couldnt recognize the restalyne "invader" and so it is on a constant auto immune battle. I would consider cutting out all gluten and dairy for at least 6 months, and getting on a good probiotic and a digestive enzyme. At least that worked for me, I was gluten free for 3-4 years and I'm happy to say I have my life back. When I was ill I had pnemonia a high fever and lost 10 lbs in two weeks (I'm 5'9" and 125 lbs so I didnt have any weight to lose). I'm not a doctor but Ive been through it and studied it alot. Maybe talk with your natural doctor about this and do some research, but cutting out gluten really cant hurt you. Hope you feel better!
Thanks for your suggestions SomeLAGirl. Yes, I'm off gluten - and actually already was before I got sick from the injections. I agree that diet is really important/powerful. I agree that the injections kicked my immune system into high gear (or something). I definitely feel it created a new situation in my body - chronic fatigue is the current diagnosis. I'm glad you've got your life back - that's wonderful!!!! Wow, brought on by the Master Cleanse. I haven't heard that one before, but nothing really surprises me anymore!

I got Dysport injections around my eyes (which I'd had 2-3 times before) AND Restylane in my lips for the first time. My life is ruined since that day almost 2 years ago. I have extreme exhaustion every minute of my life, I have brain fog, I'm too tired to feel love or joy, which I did feel BEFORE Restylane. Some doctors say I have underactive immune system and that's why I have heavy metals, Candida Disseminated, high levels of bacteria. OTHER doctors say I have an OVERactive immune system. Either way, I'm barely able to work part time when I used to work 40+ hours a week, I can't drive at night, -too tired. Basically I feel like I have narcolepsy. The EDD's "independent review" doctor says I'm "healthy to work full time" and I've appealed that decision. Waiting to go in front of a judge. Basically my life changed COMPLETELY. It's a nightmare. In the last 6 months ALONE i've spent $11,000 on doctors, specialists, supplemnts, Rxs, AND i'm working half as much as I WAS. Don't do it. Face aging. Now I get to face aging AND am totally sick.