Great Coolsculpt Experience!

I'm going to be 35 this year. In the past I've...

I'm going to be 35 this year. In the past I've always been thin. I'm 5'5" and most for most of my life my weight has stayed between 110 - 122, no kids; then, I developed hypothyroid a few years ago, and bam 134! I do all the things most people do- eat well, exercise... I don't have a desk job. Nothing has made any of the fat go away. Not even P90X, which I still think is a great program. In fact, that's what made me decide to pursue other options. I did everything I was supposed to, then got the end of P90X (I did the classic) and while I had much better muscle tone and endurance, I hadn't lost and inch anywhere, but gained 10lbs (most likely muscle but still talk about disappointed.) and my jeans were tighter! Just what every girl wants, right?
Coolsculpt was recommended by my Mom. I found Allure Medi Spa and went in last Wednesday. The staff was really friendly and helpful. Dr. Mok devised a game plan for my pounch and side flub. My nurse, Amanda, set up the coolsculpt and was really good about letting me know ahead of time what to expect which made it a lot less scary.
If you're getting your abdomen done I recommend taking a deep breath before they put the fitting on because when it first goes on it's really hard to inhale. It's a lot of pressure and feels really tight, but in five minutes you'll be a lot more comfortable. The numbing didn't hurt at all.
When the fitting came off my pounch felt just like a gel ice pack you have in your fridge, so weird! Getting it massaged out isn't comfortable but really isn't that bad. I was glad it was really numb. I had hardly any bruising.
The sides were a lot easier to handle. Once both areas were done they gave me a procedure that breaks up the fat and makes it easier for it to disintegrate. I can't remember if it was ultra sound or electrical, but yes it hurts, but you should get it and just tough it out. They said that it would make for really good results. The pain is on par with getting a tattoo but doesn't take that long.
I felt dizzy for the rest of the day and the next. I'm swollen and can't suck in my gut. I haven't had any needle sensations. It's mostly just a mild burny ichy feeling that comes and goes. If you get it done and it hurts when you're trying to sleep take some ibuprofen and sleep on the part that hurts. The pressure made mine feel better.
I'll post photos in a month!

9 days after Coolsculpt and my skin is starting to feel like it's old self again. Yay!

Great news the itchy kind of burny feeling on my abdomen has finally stopped. I was fortunate, it was do-able, but at times I felt like a bear in woods wanting to scratch against a tree. I have to say though I never had this issue on my flaks at all. They've felt good this whole time.

If you have this too here's the two things.. well three, that helped me:

Pressure- as mentioned before, if it's possible try laying on the area that itches when you sleep.

A Little Ice - I'm not a doctor. I wouldn't recommend freezing the hell out of it. I just put a cold pack on my navel for about 5 minutes when it got really annoying. It make it calm down.

Wine - What doesn't that fix? 2 glasses of wine did the trick too.

I've still got 2.5 months to wait for results but the swelling has gone down.

When I got back for my check up in November I'll get copies of my before pics. I took these at 2 weeks post because the swelling had completely gone away and my boyfriend (who's been really supportive) could see a difference. I'll take more at the one month mark.
I never got bruising, on my sides it had a hickey appearance that went away after a week, but never hurt.

New Photos

It could be difficult to tell a difference due to the difference in light levels.
The coolest thing I can see is that I used to be able to pinch about 2.5" - 3" of fat on my abdomen; now it's more like an 1.5". I'm really happy. My body just feels better. There's no bump when I'm wearing tshirts. yay!
Sides are tightening up a lot too. I used to be able to be able to grab about the same amount there as well, not any more.

One more pic

If you have Hypothyroid don't bother

Allure and it's team is fantastic. I've got nothing negative to say about the procedure or them. As mentioned in my first review I used to be 115 naturally then I developed hypothyroid.

Since having the Coolsculpt it's all come back, plus 7 more pounds! It isn't the procedure, it's that I can't find a thyroid doctor that can treat it effectively.
I walk\run several times a week for at least an hour at a time, eat boring food, and don't drink very much.

My doctor that I had been going to for the thyroid has told me things like "Weight is a ghost you can't catch." (eyeroll) He thinks that hip to waist ratio is more important. I wonder if that will still hold up 25 more pounds from now. Actually, I don't want to find out.
When I started going to him it was because I was concerned by an unprecedented 10lb weight gain. Now I'm 140.

I am so frustrated by hypothyroid. When I consider how many people have it and the amount of useless treatments. It's crazy.

Coolsculpt is great if you're thin but have 1 or 2 areas you'd like to shrink. If it's going to take more than 2 treatments lipo provides better results, and in some cases for less money.

If you live in Michigan and have found a doctor that has fixed your hypothyroid weight gain and has gotten you back to what you were before please send me their contact info.
Dr. Mok, D.O.

Dr. Mok was fantastic, very friendly and professional. I'm planning to go back for future things I would like done and would definitely recommend him to friends. The team at Allure Medical Spa was equally awesome! The facility is beautiful too.