When Two Tribals Go - United Kingdom, GB

Wanted to get rid of the ankle tribal tat, which...

Wanted to get rid of the ankle tribal tat, which was a cover up (should have gone for laser at that point!), and also decided the one on my back could take a hike too.
Session 1 Jan 2013. Painful but can cope with it. Redness on first night and some itching. Felt it 'stop working' about a week prior to 2nd treatment.
Session 2, Jan 2013 (end of). Again managed to deal with the pain, area reddened and swollen. Back tat stopped itching after 2 weeks, ankle has itched all the time. Managed to not to scratch.
Session 3, Feb 2013 (end of). Both tats have faded, but not as fast as pratitioner would like them to have. Perhaps the size and depth of ink could be a problem - and i may need to drink more (water). The laser on the ankle was heavenly, scratching an itch for me. Back was ok. Quite a lot of localised swelling. Itching kept me a wake overnight. i will seek some antihistamines.

3 weeks after Treatment #5

It's all going ok. Still slow and stead but I am seeing results. The Tattoo is dull, colours less vibrant. There's so much ink in my tattoos it will take a good while.
Posotove this time, the laser at session 5 was up to 850hertz, there was a lot less itching to deal with.
Next session is on Thurs 24th May.

2 weeks after Treatment #6

All going well, had a bit of a need to scratch a couple of days ago, hence the scabby appearance. Overall there is fading. Some peoples tattoos are going in patches back to skin colour, this one seems to be dulling in general. Still can't get a good one of my back, but I will try to do that soon.

Keep the faith.

1 week after treatment 7

Well we keep going back and although I am not seeing patches of normal coloured skin appearing, I am seeing a general overall fading of the colour.

It stings a bit still when the laser is being administered, but no pain no gain. Healing well after each treatment and now the itching is a lot less. Probably because the weather is better and the clothes are lighter.

Also using Bio-Oil to help the skin heal, this has made a lot of difference.

I will keep going until the tattoos are gone.

1week after treatment #8

Focussing mainly on the ankle because I can see it! The fading is happening, generally at a steady rate over all the tattoo. Back has some tiny areas that re nice skin colour.
The healing process is much better now the weather is good. Fresh air and no socks. Bio oil has helped a lot too.

2 weeks after #9

Hanging in here waiting patiently for the ink to GO. There is some pink skin showing through the back tat. Ankle is fading. No pics this time as I've managed to break the screen on the iPhone - but will add as soon as I can.

4 days post treatment #10

Well it is happening, steadily. The back tat does seem to be dark, but there is more skin color showing through. Couple of interesting photos. The ankle one is a bit fuzzy but you can see the old tattoo was (arabic writing) and also the fragility of the skin, it is like paper and itches still -but is ok as long as i don't scratch it. The 2 back tattoo photos one immediately before treatment 10 and the other is directly after. The skin swells like orange peel but quickly goes back to normal. 4 days post treatment it is now little scabs where each laser blast happened (feels like a chees-rater LOL!)

It's been a while - 11 treatments done...

... and still going well. Each time I see a small improvement. This time I have managed to be itch free - it's all about leaving it alone!! which is hard. Not got a piccy of my back this time (I'd forgotten to take them at home, can't do them in the office) but I promise to post after my next session (which is today).

Had time off

I had so many sessions at 4 weeks apart my skin was a mess. I had cellulitis on the ankle. It was recommended I take some time out and let my skin heal. Use the summer sun to help fade the ink more.
So now I've not had laser since December 2013. My skin is still a bit pigmented around the tattoo, but it is fading. I'm looking at Picosure now. Went for a consultation and the estimate sis two sessions. I'll post before and after pics once I'm booked in. X
SG3