Is It Even Noticeable? - Seoul, Korea

I just had genioplasty surgery done about 7 days...

I just had genioplasty surgery done about 7 days ago (so there is still swelling) and I am upset because I feel like the difference isnt even noticeable... The doctor said he moved the bone out 4mm, but I'm starting to think that wasnt enough. Not sure if I should keep waiting for the swelling to go down (I think it will only get smaller though) or look for a revision before the bone heals...

Dr. Lee

Online

You are even more handsome in your after photo. Your chin looks absolutely perfect. I definitely see a difference, but yes, a minor one. But that was more than enough. More would not have been an improvement in the way you look. Your nose already looks good too.
i see a difference. ;-)
Looks just right. Don't panic
I think it looks great! It's not drastic per se but I feel like it's the perfect amount.
May I ask are you still in Korea? I am also a foreigner who has come to Korea to perform genioplasty. I would like to ask you a few questions, if you don't mind? Thanks
I did my genioplasty on the 27december 2013, so it's only been 3 days. I have a lot of swelling, if you are still in Korea, please let me know, I leave Korea on the 2jan 2014.
they charge for revision
There's a difference and you look like a very good looking guy. Don't become just another action-man type hunk. You're much more attractive. Women like character still. xx
I'm in seoul too. im thinking about it as well. so...please post more when swelling subsides completely. thanks. it gives me an idea of what to expect.
i see it was four mths ago lol. im sure it subsided then. if not...that would suck lol
I think it's noticeable - it looks good, natural - it's not dramatic however - but I think the Korean aesthetic for male chins is not as extreme as in the West...they like that "V-line" shape so you won't get dramatic jaws/chins in Korea I don't believe. May I ask, what clinic did you go to? Best of luck!
This was at VIP Clinic with Dr. Lee. He is pretty famous in Korea for his noses which is why I picked them even though they are a bit pricier.
Did the doctor just do a horizontal move or also a vertical move?

Looking at the pictures you posted it does seem there is a change. In the "before" picture it looks like your head is tilted up slightly more than the "after" picture (using the grout lines in the background as a guide) so if anything your chin would have been more accentuated in the "before", but it looks more prominent in the "after". I agree with you that it is a pretty slight change, but a nice one none the less. Please keep us posted how things are looking and how you are feeling about it as the swelling continues to go down.

It doesn't look much different to be honest. You should go back and see your Doctor soon. It is easier to do a revision before the bone heals as you mentioned.